Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 11:41 AM

The most elaborate ever. April 1st will reveal the whole plot. The album was meant to be hoax from the beginning, the songs were meant to confuse people leaking the album, but when it turned out pretty well, they decided to put more effort into it and release it. They have given us many clues. 10,000 Days is mocking 10,000 Fists and the fact that bands like Disturbed and Godsmack have made a career out of ripping off Tool ( I know the correlation to Maynard's Mom, but that is just silly). The green laser show is identical to Godsmack's tour back in 03-04 IDENTICAL!!!!, No new website, No new videos, Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books, the numerous references to the number 11, "two becoming one", and the general feeling that 10,000 days was just half of the puzzle, the horrible recording technique on 10,000 days (I've never heard tape hissing on any of their other albums when new parts come in and out of the song ie- Jambi when Danny's drum part starts at the beginning of the first verse.) Not to mention Blair's numerous "sarcastic" references to the hoax album blah, blah, blah. Oh and also the fact that 10,000 days is so uneven and lacking any sort of flow. It just feels wrong. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!!!!

Mark my words.... Something is coming. We are meant to sense it within the collective unconscious. They are testing us. Plus they realized how cool it was for Tarantino to split up Kill Bill and stagger the release, along with the last System of a Down album. IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!!!!

If anyone was gonna pull this shit, it would be Tool.

Last edited by el enveloper; 03-13-2007 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 3
10,000 Days is still a hoax

The most elaborate ever. April 1st will reveal the whole plot. The album was meant to be hoax from the beginning, the songs were meant to confuse people leaking the album, but when it turned out pretty well, they decided to put more effort into it and release it. They have given us many clues. 10,000 Days is mocking 10,000 Fists and the fact that bands like Disturbed and Godsmack have made a career out of ripping off Tool ( I know the correlation to Maynard's Mom, but that is just silly). The green laser show is identical to Godsmack's tour back in 03-04 IDENTICAL!!!!, No new website, No new videos, Maynard impersonating the wannabe native American dude that impersonated being a Navajo and wrote all those books, the numerous references to the number 11, "two becoming one", and the general feeling that 10,000 days was just half of the puzzle, the horrible recording technique on 10,000 days (I've never heard tape hissing on any of their other albums when new parts come in and out of the song ie- Jambi when Danny's drum part starts at the beginning of the first verse.) Not to mention Blair's numerous "sarcastic" references to the hoax album blah, blah, blah. Oh and also the fact that 10,000 days is so uneven and lacking any sort of flow. It just feels wrong. Coincidence, I THINK NOT!!!!!

Mark my words.... Something is coming. We are meant to sense it within the collective unconscious. They are testing us. Plus they realized how cool it was for Tarantino to split up Kill Bill and stagger the release, along with the last System of a Down album. IT JUST MAKES SENSE!!!!!

If anyone was gonna pull this shit, it would be Tool.

Last edited by el enveloper; 03-13-2007 at 11:52 AM..
OFFLINE |  
<Insertcrypticnamehere>
03-13-2007, 11:56 AM

Thanks, I've never laughed so hard at a post before...It's nice to see that amidst everyone being so serious here that someone like you is willing to step in and not even approach serious commentary. Can't wait for April 1st now, lol. Maybe Tool will come out on April 1st, show your post and say, "look! this guy figured it out, our last album that people love, that sold 1.3 million albums, that took us five years to produce, that has some of the most complicated and dynamic songs ever written was just a joke, get it?" I don't.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10,000 Days is still a hoax

Thanks, I've never laughed so hard at a post before...It's nice to see that amidst everyone being so serious here that someone like you is willing to step in and not even approach serious commentary. Can't wait for April 1st now, lol. Maybe Tool will come out on April 1st, show your post and say, "look! this guy figured it out, our last album that people love, that sold 1.3 million albums, that took us five years to produce, that has some of the most complicated and dynamic songs ever written was just a joke, get it?" I don't.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Insertcrypticnamehere> View Post
It's not that the entire album is a "joke" or anything, they put a lot of effort into it. However, there is more to it. Plus they were able to tour more and make more money, and also back off the critics who say they take too long to release albums; Hence, another album a year later. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
On Probation

Quote:
It's not that the entire album is a "joke" or anything, they put a lot of effort into it. However, there is more to it. Plus they were able to tour more and make more money, and also back off the critics who say they take too long to release albums; Hence, another album a year later. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Oh BTW, Danny's injury was a hoax as well. They needed to push back the start of the next tour because they needed a bit more time to rehearse the NEW album and to get it ready for it's April 24th release date. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED ON APRIL 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #4
On Probation

Quote:
Oh BTW, Danny's injury was a hoax as well. They needed to push back the start of the next tour because they needed a bit more time to rehearse the NEW album and to get it ready for it's April 24th release date. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED ON APRIL 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You heard it here first.
OFFLINE |  
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
03-13-2007, 12:08 PM

Hey that makes sense because they've been touring and haven't had the time to practice the "new" songs, so they needed an excuse to get back in the rehearsal space and tighten up before they get back on the road for the "real" tour.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Hey that makes sense because they've been touring and haven't had the time to practice the "new" songs, so they needed an excuse to get back in the rehearsal space and tighten up before they get back on the road for the "real" tour.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance. View Post
Now you're thinking!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #6
On Probation

Quote:
Now you're thinking!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:14 PM

Knob. If there is such abhorrent tape hiss between songs (intentional, there are no tapes being transfered to anything but a computer, it's digital these days, so it's pretty clean), then you must be right, tool masters their own discs, Aaaaagh.
Maynard is wishing his mother well despite her not getting it, yep, sounds like a big joke to me.
I think i'll go dig up my great-grandmother and prop her on my mom's bedside table Weekend at Bernies-style, that sounds like a great joke.

Fucks' sake, if you're right, fine, congratulations.
But i sincerely believe you are a fool.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Knob. If there is such abhorrent tape hiss between songs (intentional, there are no tapes being transfered to anything but a computer, it's digital these days, so it's pretty clean), then you must be right, tool masters their own discs, Aaaaagh.
Maynard is wishing his mother well despite her not getting it, yep, sounds like a big joke to me.
I think i'll go dig up my great-grandmother and prop her on my mom's bedside table Weekend at Bernies-style, that sounds like a great joke.

OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:15 PM

Yep, an excuse to get the label and tool back in court for breach of contract (you can't just postpone a tour for a lie/hoax/joke), that's why Danney claimed an old man injury.
Fuck.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned.

Yep, an excuse to get the label and tool back in court for breach of contract (you can't just postpone a tour for a lie/hoax/joke), that's why Danney claimed an old man injury.
Fuck.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post

The album is not a "joke". It's just not what they say it is. 10,000 Days/ Wings for Marie is a heartfelt song, be it rather out of place and uncharacteristic of the band. That is why it is on 10,000 Days and not the next album.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
On Probation

Quote:

The album is not a "joke". It's just not what they say it is. 10,000 Days/ Wings for Marie is a heartfelt song, be it rather out of place and uncharacteristic of the band. That is why it is on 10,000 Days and not the next album.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Fuck.
There were no canceled shows, just postponed. No grounds for litigation.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 PM   #10
On Probation

Quote:
Fuck.
There were no canceled shows, just postponed. No grounds for litigation.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:26 PM

If the injury is a hoax, then yes, there would be litigious action.

And what's ''not tool'' about a badass, fuckin' tease you till you cream your Looney Tunes boxers pair of songs that make you feel like the world is coming to an end?
Old 03-13-2007, 12:26 PM   #11
Banned.

And what's ''not tool'' about a badass, fuckin' tease you till you cream your Looney Tunes boxers pair of songs that make you feel like the world is coming to an end?
OFFLINE |  
etaipo's Avatar etaipo
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED ON APRIL 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 24th is my birthday.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by el enveloper View Post
THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE RELEASED ON APRIL 24th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
April 24th is my birthday.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:

I love the song, I just think that is much more literal and unlike anything they have ever done. After all "What became of subtlety?" There is nothing wrong with it, but most of the album just seems so literal. It doesn't add up to me.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #13
On Probation

Quote:

I love the song, I just think that is much more literal and unlike anything they have ever done. After all "What became of subtlety?" There is nothing wrong with it, but most of the album just seems so literal. It doesn't add up to me.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM

They want you to see a specific message this time, all the years of honing us in with lyrics textured like hieroglyphs have lead us here:
to the last album.

Where we use what we know to find a specific message.

And not too much will add up if we're still talking about a hoax in fucking MARCH.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #14
Banned.

They want you to see a specific message this time, all the years of honing us in with lyrics textured like hieroglyphs have lead us here:
to the last album.

And not too much will add up if we're still talking about a hoax in fucking MARCH.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Now stop acting like a crack head who got ripped off and GO HOME AND SMOKE WHAT THEY GAVE'S YA.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #15
Banned.

Now stop acting like a crack head who got ripped off and GO HOME AND SMOKE WHAT THEY GAVE'S YA.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
to the last album.

Hey man, it's just how I feel. You don't have to agree with it. Something has got to give eventually.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #16
On Probation

Quote:
to the last album.

Hey man, it's just how I feel. You don't have to agree with it. Something has got to give eventually.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:53 PM

And that was my opinion. Look at us, we're opining.

You don't have to play the whole ''hey, man, i was just.... man'' card, i read your first post. You were fucking sure as shit. So deal with the fact that, until April 24, you will be a lone nut.

And after that you will be ashamed you thought this, and looking for a new theory on why you can't grasp this ''simplistic'' album.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #17
Banned.

You don't have to play the whole ''hey, man, i was just.... man'' card, i read your first post. You were fucking sure as shit. So deal with the fact that, until April 24, you will be a lone nut.

And after that you will be ashamed you thought this, and looking for a new theory on why you can't grasp this ''simplistic'' album.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 12:55 PM

This album is different, not simple. It's like butt sex.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM   #18
Banned.

OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:

I still am sure as shit, I was just trying a little "damage control" because I know I'm gonna get ripped a new one. I have already received a couple nasty PMs. April 24th will be my vindication!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:02 PM   #19
On Probation

Quote:

I still am sure as shit, I was just trying a little "damage control" because I know I'm gonna get ripped a new one. I have already received a couple nasty PMs. April 24th will be my vindication!!!!
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I enjoy the album very much. I still listen to it regularly. To me, it's more like gizzing in a girls eye and laughing at her.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #20
On Probation

Quote:
I enjoy the album very much. I still listen to it regularly. To me, it's more like gizzing in a girls eye and laughing at her.
OFFLINE |  
jevons
03-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Nope. It's like butt sex. You have no respect for people. So you're probably a masochist, which means you like to get fucked in the ass sometimes.

So you could relate to the album, perhaps like it.

And stop this fucking charade.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #21
Banned.

Nope. It's like butt sex. You have no respect for people. So you're probably a masochist, which means you like to get fucked in the ass sometimes.

OFFLINE |  
henri_ds's Avatar henri_ds
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM

This thread stinks.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 160

This thread stinks.
03-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri_ds View Post
This thread stinks.
This thread is the future.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #23
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri_ds View Post
This thread stinks.
This thread is the future.
OFFLINE |  
Cheesegreater
03-13-2007, 03:33 PM

I think this theory is shit and your avatar makes me want to hurl.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #24
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I think this theory is shit and your avatar makes me want to hurl.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-13-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:

This is no charade. You will all see soon enough.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #25
On Probation

Quote:

This is no charade. You will all see soon enough.
OFFLINE |  
tempo zilch
03-13-2007, 06:30 PM

i hate to break it to you, but tool is just capable of making dog shit like this.

edit: rancho? love the avatar

Last edited by tempo zilch; 03-13-2007 at 06:33 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #26
On Probation

Bincount™: 162

i hate to break it to you, but tool is just capable of making dog shit like this.

edit: rancho? love the avatar

Last edited by tempo zilch; 03-13-2007 at 06:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
03-13-2007, 06:35 PM

best of interact
Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #27
amateur alchemist

best of interact
OFFLINE |  
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
03-13-2007, 10:09 PM

haha, I love this thread. It's funny because you can twist anything to make it fit. OMG THERE'S WHITE NOISE BEFORE MAYNARD SINGS IN THE POT, THEY MUST'VE USED SUBSTANDARD RECORDING TECHNIQUES MEANING THIS ENTIRE ALBUM IS A JOKE.

Now tell me what vjwfmptdwptplcbhrsiritvt means (those are all the capitol letters in the track titles of the album).
Old 03-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #28
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

haha, I love this thread. It's funny because you can twist anything to make it fit. OMG THERE'S WHITE NOISE BEFORE MAYNARD SINGS IN THE POT, THEY MUST'VE USED SUBSTANDARD RECORDING TECHNIQUES MEANING THIS ENTIRE ALBUM IS A JOKE.

Now tell me what vjwfmptdwptplcbhrsiritvt means (those are all the capitol letters in the track titles of the album).
03-13-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
that took us five years to produce
I thought 10KDays only took less then one year to make.....

Or did I get the wrong info?

Last edited by Dharma Bear; 03-13-2007 at 11:54 PM..
Old 03-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #29
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137

Quote:
that took us five years to produce

Last edited by Dharma Bear; 03-13-2007 at 11:54 PM..
OFFLINE |  
O.G.T.92's Avatar O.G.T.92
03-14-2007, 12:16 AM

The OP serves no purpose at this site and should be banned, who's with me?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 42

OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.T.92 View Post
It's realer than "Real Deal" Holyfield!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #31
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.G.T.92 View Post
It's realer than "Real Deal" Holyfield!
OFFLINE |  
03-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Could you not post while I'm eating? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #32
amateur alchemist

OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear View Post

Less than one year = 3 months .
Old 03-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #33
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma Bear View Post

Less than one year = 3 months .
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-14-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Wow.
You are cool, I will let you live.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #34
On Probation

Quote:
Wow.
You are cool, I will let you live.
OFFLINE |  
el enveloper
03-14-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post

The album is not a joke, but what the album represents is!

I know some people, who know some people, who will probably lose their job over this.

The truth must be told. I'm doing this all for you guys!!!!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:47 AM   #35
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post

The album is not a joke, but what the album represents is!

I know some people, who know some people, who will probably lose their job over this.

The truth must be told. I'm doing this all for you guys!!!!
OFFLINE |  
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
03-14-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Second that.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
Second that.
03-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Anyone who believes this crock of shit needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

For fucks sake, this band isn't trying to waste the time and effort they actually put in to come out of the closet and say ''Hey guys guess what! We've been kidding for the past year, and now we're going to play the real stuff and release the ''real'' album and it's gonna be better than anything we've ever released!''

They put effort in 10,000 Days, and in this past tour. They also are four guys just writting what they want, and playing what they want. They aren't trying to pull some huge prank for a whole year like you think. They have given you a reason to think, and look deeper into the music, and ofcourse they want you to open your mind to everything you hear. They are a true band that will one day slaughter the music industry with countless messages, and while the pussies are complaining and making guesses about hoax albums, complaining about the lack of Tool DVD's, and releasing albums that closely resemble Undertow and Lateralus and the such, they're laughing...oh and if you didn't get the memo...They really don't give a shit either. They aren't a bunch of kids. They are professional about what they do, and just because they took five years to release a new album, used a riff from their Lateralus tour(Wings for Marie), and supposedly according to alot of the genius' on this board, ''rehashed'' some guitar riffs, doesn't mean that there is another album sitting in a safe with ''TOOL'' on the front cover that is supposed to be the ''Real album''. They came out with their new album, they're touring, and whether they release a new DVD or not, or release a brand new album sooner than expected, is just them doing what they want to do...it's not a big deal at all.

So go ahead and free up April 24th on your calendar, because we aren't getting shit. Danny really did get injured, and Maynard still is(dare I say...)human as shit. This theory is fabricated bullshit. Now anyone who believes El Enveloper is free to go listen to Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days, unless you still think it's a hoax album.

God bless the greatest joke album ever.

My rant is finished thank God.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #37
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

For fucks sake, this band isn't trying to waste the time and effort they actually put in to come out of the closet and say ''Hey guys guess what! We've been kidding for the past year, and now we're going to play the real stuff and release the ''real'' album and it's gonna be better than anything we've ever released!''

They put effort in 10,000 Days, and in this past tour. They also are four guys just writting what they want, and playing what they want. They aren't trying to pull some huge prank for a whole year like you think. They have given you a reason to think, and look deeper into the music, and ofcourse they want you to open your mind to everything you hear. They are a true band that will one day slaughter the music industry with countless messages, and while the pussies are complaining and making guesses about hoax albums, complaining about the lack of Tool DVD's, and releasing albums that closely resemble Undertow and Lateralus and the such, they're laughing...oh and if you didn't get the memo...They really don't give a shit either. They aren't a bunch of kids. They are professional about what they do, and just because they took five years to release a new album, used a riff from their Lateralus tour(Wings for Marie), and supposedly according to alot of the genius' on this board, ''rehashed'' some guitar riffs, doesn't mean that there is another album sitting in a safe with ''TOOL'' on the front cover that is supposed to be the ''Real album''. They came out with their new album, they're touring, and whether they release a new DVD or not, or release a brand new album sooner than expected, is just them doing what they want to do...it's not a big deal at all.

So go ahead and free up April 24th on your calendar, because we aren't getting shit. Danny really did get injured, and Maynard still is(dare I say...)human as shit. This theory is fabricated bullshit. Now anyone who believes El Enveloper is free to go listen to Opiate, Undertow, Aenima, Lateralus, and 10,000 Days, unless you still think it's a hoax album.

03-14-2007, 02:53 PM

haha I love the serious responses.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32

haha I love the serious responses.
OFFLINE |  
sam905's Avatar sam905
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst View Post

what he said
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #39
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkfyst View Post

what he said
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
03-14-2007, 04:48 PM

More than just Wings was made before/during Lateralus. I have a clip of Adam playing the Rosetta Stoned breakdown in 98, and I'm sure there are more that they had but didn't play live, or played live and I haven't noticed.

And it's not like they haven't done that before; Danny said himself that Ticks & Leeches is a rehash of a song from the Opiate era. And about half of the Undertow tracks were written before Opiate was released. It's no surprise.

So that fact (rehashed/old riffs), anyway, is worth absolutely nothing if you're trying to say that this record is false.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #40
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

More than just Wings was made before/during Lateralus. I have a clip of Adam playing the Rosetta Stoned breakdown in 98, and I'm sure there are more that they had but didn't play live, or played live and I haven't noticed.

And it's not like they haven't done that before; Danny said himself that Ticks & Leeches is a rehash of a song from the Opiate era. And about half of the Undertow tracks were written before Opiate was released. It's no surprise.

So that fact (rehashed/old riffs), anyway, is worth absolutely nothing if you're trying to say that this record is false.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply