Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
JeffSnow
04-26-2006, 11:26 AM

It seems the division of something great has become somewhat of a thriving living mass, feeding on its own self destruction.

Here we have the collective minds, following the greatest rock band of our time. While saying this I cringe and smile, there is a fine line between thought and reality. Do I believe Tool is the greatest rock band of my "time" on earth? Yes. Does that make it reality? One would have to define reality. Defining something as in your face, and yet, completely unknown as reality is a joke. I believe it is what a person can sense and hold to be true to the best of their knowledge and morals. Yes, in reality as defined by me, Tool is the Greatest rock band of my time.

I am also not a fan of using puns, but this can be said no other way. We have divided up our own collective right in two. It would seem that the coming of new music from Tool has done exactly what Lateralus was against. Yet, you all are feeding into this almost living beast of hate and ego.

If I hear another oppinion battle turn into "I make more money than you will ever make" or "I bring home more money than your whole household" I am going to lose it.

Why are you here? Yes, I am talking to you. Are you the same people who fell in love with lines like "Crucify the ego, before it's far too late" and "Come down, Get off your fucking cross, we need the fucking space, to nail the next FOOL MARTYR."

Take your negativity and turn it into something positive.

It seems people who are in love with Lateralus more than Aenima are a bit disappointed, and the fans in favor of Aenima over Lateralus seem to be content with the album.

Where in that paragraph can you spawn days worth of fighting and hate?

Do we know there is another album coming 6/6/06? No.

Does it hurt to hope and post evidence that might suggest so? NO!.

When someone states an oppinion, and everyone jumps down their throught, you are no better than the FCC.

I am done with this. I have turned my negative thoughts into something positive thanks to the advice of MJK. I just hope this might help others to do the same.

Hopefully my two cents will become the sum, of lesser things.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 2
The sum of something less.

It seems the division of something great has become somewhat of a thriving living mass, feeding on its own self destruction.

Here we have the collective minds, following the greatest rock band of our time. While saying this I cringe and smile, there is a fine line between thought and reality. Do I believe Tool is the greatest rock band of my "time" on earth? Yes. Does that make it reality? One would have to define reality. Defining something as in your face, and yet, completely unknown as reality is a joke. I believe it is what a person can sense and hold to be true to the best of their knowledge and morals. Yes, in reality as defined by me, Tool is the Greatest rock band of my time.

I am also not a fan of using puns, but this can be said no other way. We have divided up our own collective right in two. It would seem that the coming of new music from Tool has done exactly what Lateralus was against. Yet, you all are feeding into this almost living beast of hate and ego.

If I hear another oppinion battle turn into "I make more money than you will ever make" or "I bring home more money than your whole household" I am going to lose it.

Why are you here? Yes, I am talking to you. Are you the same people who fell in love with lines like "Crucify the ego, before it's far too late" and "Come down, Get off your fucking cross, we need the fucking space, to nail the next FOOL MARTYR."

Take your negativity and turn it into something positive.

It seems people who are in love with Lateralus more than Aenima are a bit disappointed, and the fans in favor of Aenima over Lateralus seem to be content with the album.

Where in that paragraph can you spawn days worth of fighting and hate?

Do we know there is another album coming 6/6/06? No.

Does it hurt to hope and post evidence that might suggest so? NO!.

When someone states an oppinion, and everyone jumps down their throught, you are no better than the FCC.

I am done with this. I have turned my negative thoughts into something positive thanks to the advice of MJK. I just hope this might help others to do the same.

Hopefully my two cents will become the sum, of lesser things.

Thanks.
OFFLINE |  
praefector's Avatar praefector
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM

i think what bothers those who have found merit in the 10,000 days album is the persistent theory that the album is a joke.

it clearly isnt a joke and saying so is offensive to the art tool has bestowed upon us.

make complaints to the structure and instrumentation all you like...but there is artistic merit in there.

personally i examine each album in and of itself. when you get hung up on comparisons you end up putting unfair expectations on art; which shouldnt happen but always does. aenima is a great work on its own. as is lateralus. as is 10,000 days. seriously putting them in any kind of order really undermines the distinction between them that tool has worked so tirelessly to create.

as for the 6/6/06 theories...its just more fodder to wade through; more desperate attempts to salvage the past years of waiting and anticipation.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020
Re: The sum of something less.

i think what bothers those who have found merit in the 10,000 days album is the persistent theory that the album is a joke.

it clearly isnt a joke and saying so is offensive to the art tool has bestowed upon us.

make complaints to the structure and instrumentation all you like...but there is artistic merit in there.

personally i examine each album in and of itself. when you get hung up on comparisons you end up putting unfair expectations on art; which shouldnt happen but always does. aenima is a great work on its own. as is lateralus. as is 10,000 days. seriously putting them in any kind of order really undermines the distinction between them that tool has worked so tirelessly to create.

as for the 6/6/06 theories...its just more fodder to wade through; more desperate attempts to salvage the past years of waiting and anticipation.
JeffSnow
04-26-2006, 12:16 PM

Understood Praefector..

Getting annoyed at someone else for not enjoying something and telling them they aren't fans, they will look stupid ect is just wrong. Where is the unity?

Sorry everyone. I am done with bickering.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
On Probation

Understood Praefector..

Getting annoyed at someone else for not enjoying something and telling them they aren't fans, they will look stupid ect is just wrong. Where is the unity?

OFFLINE |  
perhan
04-26-2006, 12:21 PM

you guys are all funny. i love this band. always will. i just feel this new album ain't up there with their previous work. thats all. no negativity. i just can not feel this new music. and all of their previous work i felt, oh yes, how i felt some of it.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

you guys are all funny. i love this band. always will. i just feel this new album ain't up there with their previous work. thats all. no negativity. i just can not feel this new music. and all of their previous work i felt, oh yes, how i felt some of it.
OFFLINE |  
Oberon's Avatar Oberon
04-26-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSnow
Understood Praefector..

LOL NOOB '06ER

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 155

Quote:
Understood Praefector..

LOL NOOB '06ER

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.
OFFLINE |  
chodaboy
04-26-2006, 01:05 PM

I try not to compare either. But, If this was their first album ever, I would probably get annoyed. I would wonder why the artist is shitting his bed. If this was the only Tool album would this make you go out and buy their next one? I know the answer from the FoolArmy, but what about the rest of you?
Old 04-26-2006, 01:05 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

I try not to compare either. But, If this was their first album ever, I would probably get annoyed. I would wonder why the artist is shitting his bed. If this was the only Tool album would this make you go out and buy their next one? I know the answer from the FoolArmy, but what about the rest of you?
04-26-2006, 01:13 PM

chod's have you not realized the meaning of shit the bed yet....and i like the bickering between the boston & connecticut guys...
Old 04-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #7
the inside man

Bincount™: 20548

chod's have you not realized the meaning of shit the bed yet....and i like the bickering between the boston & connecticut guys...
04-26-2006, 01:22 PM

I personally think this album is great. Does it stand alone like the previous albums? Probably not, too many similarities. Those similarities to previous albums create a great nostalgic feeling for the music we loved in the past. Are we hearing some new style of Tool? Probably not, but that does not make it a bad thing. Just a different way of looking at what we already knew.

I don't think the question of if it were the only Tool album can be answered. If it was the only Tool album, we would have no precedent to compare it to.

If this is the real album, then so be it. It is a great album and I enjoy it. If it really is a hoax or b-sides or whatever the conspiracy theorists want to call it, that would be great. It just means we have more great music coming our way very soon.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:22 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

I personally think this album is great. Does it stand alone like the previous albums? Probably not, too many similarities. Those similarities to previous albums create a great nostalgic feeling for the music we loved in the past. Are we hearing some new style of Tool? Probably not, but that does not make it a bad thing. Just a different way of looking at what we already knew.

I don't think the question of if it were the only Tool album can be answered. If it was the only Tool album, we would have no precedent to compare it to.

If this is the real album, then so be it. It is a great album and I enjoy it. If it really is a hoax or b-sides or whatever the conspiracy theorists want to call it, that would be great. It just means we have more great music coming our way very soon.
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
LOL NOOB '06ER

One month and you have over 300 posts?

get a life dude.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:32 PM   #9
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
LOL NOOB '06ER

One month and you have over 300 posts?

get a life dude.
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM

I have been saying this since this whole leak shit started. Everyone is coming here and hating on people they have never even met before. If you are a tool fan you would try not to act like this. Yes we have become split right in two. Like monkeys with rocks beating eachother up for lame reasons. This is the biggest flaw in human nature, we cant let eachothers views just be. We play this "see it my way or i will inflict pain" game. Sure humans have evolved and we are smarter in certain ways. But for the most part, we keep doing the same things over and over. Just come and flush it all away.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I have been saying this since this whole leak shit started. Everyone is coming here and hating on people they have never even met before. If you are a tool fan you would try not to act like this. Yes we have become split right in two. Like monkeys with rocks beating eachother up for lame reasons. This is the biggest flaw in human nature, we cant let eachothers views just be. We play this "see it my way or i will inflict pain" game. Sure humans have evolved and we are smarter in certain ways. But for the most part, we keep doing the same things over and over. Just come and flush it all away.
04-26-2006, 01:37 PM

jeez

can anyone imagine how boring this board (and all boards) would be if it was just

A: "i think that this is the way it is"

B: "wow thats so cool but i think about it this way"

A: "omg we have differing opinions...lets agree to disagree and kiss"

B: "awesome idea"
Old 04-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #11

jeez

can anyone imagine how boring this board (and all boards) would be if it was just

Alcawhorlick's Avatar Alcawhorlick
04-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakfree07
dont go flush it away just yet.
all these conversations are not totally useless, as repetitive and venemous as they may be.
Lots of good points being made all around I'm sure. I've had some people point out some pretty interesting things about the album that I hadnt seen before.

And I will convince McRoggles that the album sucks yet.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
dont go flush it away just yet.
all these conversations are not totally useless, as repetitive and venemous as they may be.
Lots of good points being made all around I'm sure. I've had some people point out some pretty interesting things about the album that I hadnt seen before.

And I will convince McRoggles that the album sucks yet.
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Quote:

I appreciate the attempt to promote peace on a message board.

but just like those before you, you are trying something that has been done time and time again.

And honestly...does your life hault because of the shit that gets said on the message boards at Tool Navy? I pop in here like twice a day probably, say something, leave, and usually not waste too much time on it. check to see if anyone's replied, or if there's something new to the conversation. Usually there's nothing new.

But to keep pressing that "you should accept people's differing opinions and stop flaming/talking shit/etc" is just downright absurd. It affords you nothing. It's the internet.

Now shut up before I kill you.

that was a joke.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

but just like those before you, you are trying something that has been done time and time again.

And honestly...does your life hault because of the shit that gets said on the message boards at Tool Navy? I pop in here like twice a day probably, say something, leave, and usually not waste too much time on it. check to see if anyone's replied, or if there's something new to the conversation. Usually there's nothing new.

But to keep pressing that "you should accept people's differing opinions and stop flaming/talking shit/etc" is just downright absurd. It affords you nothing. It's the internet.

that was a joke.
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM

Quote:

Here we have the collective minds, following the greatest rock band of our time. While saying this I cringe and smile, there is a fine line between thought and reality. Do I believe Tool is the greatest rock band of my "time" on earth?
LOL! Wannabe pretentious writing.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:

Here we have the collective minds, following the greatest rock band of our time. While saying this I cringe and smile, there is a fine line between thought and reality. Do I believe Tool is the greatest rock band of my "time" on earth?
LOL! Wannabe pretentious writing.
OFFLINE |  
speakfree07's Avatar speakfree07
04-26-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal

that was a joke.

You know what, what others say and do has no affect on me. I am not obsessed with this board and coming here. I have actually never had an account on here until recently. And you know, if anything should be repeated over and over here, it is views like this. Not whether or not your conspiracy theories are correct. But whatever, say and do as you wish.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal

that was a joke.

You know what, what others say and do has no affect on me. I am not obsessed with this board and coming here. I have actually never had an account on here until recently. And you know, if anything should be repeated over and over here, it is views like this. Not whether or not your conspiracy theories are correct. But whatever, say and do as you wish.
04-26-2006, 02:05 PM

chode, you are seriously a chode
Old 04-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #16
On Probation

Bincount™: 1

chode, you are seriously a chode
OFFLINE |  
mike09's Avatar mike09
04-26-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
jeez

right because

A: "ive really grown to love 'Jambi'

B: "anyone who likes this song is a fucking idiot!"

A: "what? its just my opinion"

B: "your opinion is wrong ***got! dis album is terrible. anyone who doesnt like it isnt a real tool fan"

A: "okay...?"

is so much more desirable.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:41 PM   #17
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
jeez

right because

B: "your opinion is wrong ***got! dis album is terrible. anyone who doesnt like it isnt a real tool fan"

OFFLINE |  
UtUmNo1's Avatar UtUmNo1
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM

View Profile: Oberon
Oberon OFFLINE |
Level 7 - Loquacious
Last Activity: Today 10:48 AM

Add Oberon to Your Buddy List Add Oberon to Your Ignore List

Signature
RIP SEJEFF. APRIL 2006 - APRIL 2006

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 368 (64.40 posts per day)
Find all posts by Oberon
Find all threads started by Oberon

Referrals: 0 Private Message:
Send a private message to Oberon

Instant MessagingAIM Sawthtgapagin2de
Skype™ Tastemyhouse

Additional Information Group Memberships
Date of Birth:
June 4, 1987
Favorite Tool Song:
Third Eye
Least favorite Tool Song:
Maynard's Dick (still love it)
Student of Music
Favorite letter of alphabet:
H
Your car's color:
MTBA green
Left, Right, Both-handed?:
left
Favorite Simpsons character:
Maaax...POWER
Oberon is not a member of any public groups

64 POSTS PER DAY!!!!???

I ONLY EVER REACHED 20 IN MY HEYDAY!!!

FARK.

....then God is not dead.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #18
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

View Profile: Oberon
Oberon OFFLINE |
Level 7 - Loquacious
Last Activity: Today 10:48 AM

Add Oberon to Your Buddy List Add Oberon to Your Ignore List

Signature
RIP SEJEFF. APRIL 2006 - APRIL 2006

ANOTHER DEAD HERO.

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 368 (64.40 posts per day)
Find all posts by Oberon
Find all threads started by Oberon

Referrals: 0 Private Message:
Send a private message to Oberon

Instant MessagingAIM Sawthtgapagin2de
Skype™ Tastemyhouse

Additional Information Group Memberships
Date of Birth:
June 4, 1987
Favorite Tool Song:
Third Eye
Least favorite Tool Song:
Maynard's Dick (still love it)
Student of Music
Favorite letter of alphabet:
H
Your car's color:
MTBA green
Left, Right, Both-handed?:
left
Favorite Simpsons character:
Maaax...POWER
Oberon is not a member of any public groups

64 POSTS PER DAY!!!!???

I ONLY EVER REACHED 20 IN MY HEYDAY!!!

FARK.

....then God is not dead.
OFFLINE |  
GreenSmurf's Avatar GreenSmurf
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Fuck.
This is not reality. These forums, not reality.
Fuck...

-Bill Hicks
Old 04-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #19

Bincount™: 17

Fuck.
This is not reality. These forums, not reality.
Fuck...

-Bill Hicks
OFFLINE |  
Alexandra's Avatar Alexandra
04-26-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Profile: Oberon
Your car's color:
MTBA green
That was my car for a while, too.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #20
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Profile: Oberon
Your car's color:
MTBA green
That was my car for a while, too.
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM

Quote:

obviously it does have an affect on you, otherwise you wouldn't have responded to what I said.

douche.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:26 PM   #21
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

obviously it does have an affect on you, otherwise you wouldn't have responded to what I said.

douche.
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perhan
THANK YOU COME AGAIN.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by perhan
THANK YOU COME AGAIN.
OFFLINE |  
04-26-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
right because

it's less boring
Old 04-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike09
right because

it's less boring
Nietzsche's Dead's Avatar Nietzsche's Dead
04-26-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms46and2

the meaning of shit the bed? lol, are you serious? Im pretty damn sure that one there is literal. "Nonono, man, it goes sooo much deeper. Its like, he defiled and construed his place of hopes and dreams..."

Actually, no. He just shit the bed. :)
Old 04-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bms46and2

the meaning of shit the bed? lol, are you serious? Im pretty damn sure that one there is literal. "Nonono, man, it goes sooo much deeper. Its like, he defiled and construed his place of hopes and dreams..."

Actually, no. He just shit the bed. :)
OFFLINE |  
04-26-2006, 11:31 PM

is it impossible for the phrase to have 2 meanings

shit the bed can be taken literally in the context of the song or understood for its figureative meaning ( guy has chance to learn the information that will save humanity and forgets his pen) which happens to fit PERFECTLY within the context of the song...as much or moreso than the literal interpretation.

for those who still dont know

shit the bed is a popular phrase describing being put in a position to succeed and failing miserably. it can also just describe any miserable failure .
Old 04-26-2006, 11:31 PM   #25

is it impossible for the phrase to have 2 meanings

shit the bed can be taken literally in the context of the song or understood for its figureative meaning ( guy has chance to learn the information that will save humanity and forgets his pen) which happens to fit PERFECTLY within the context of the song...as much or moreso than the literal interpretation.

for those who still dont know

shit the bed is a popular phrase describing being put in a position to succeed and failing miserably. it can also just describe any miserable failure .
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
04-27-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
We have divided up our own collective right in two.
It's schism, alright!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
We have divided up our own collective right in two.
It's schism, alright!
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply