opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 12-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Ending interpretation

What are everyones interpretations of the planet with an eye on it at the end. I pretty much understood the rest of the symbolism except for that.

I also like how they threw in viginti tres at the end.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Ending interpretation

im still not sure of the meaning of the video itself.what are your thoughts?:D
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnshmetal View Post
What are everyones interpretations of the planet with an eye on it at the end. I pretty much understood the rest of the symbolism except for that.

It made me think of the whole microcosm/macrocosm idea, but that be too simplistic an interpretation. The whole video made me think of that idea. A world within a world within a world. All of them individual lenses and eyes (perceptions) governing realities. I read in a book recently (God & The New Physics by Paul Davies) that quotes David Bohm's book "Wholeness and Implicate Order": "Life itself has to be regarded as belonging in some sense to a totality." He goes on to argue that life is somehow 'enfolded' in the whole system, including the air we breathe, the molecules of which may one day be incorporated in our bodies."

So take from that quote what you will. It is a loose connection but I think there's a connection of a sort.

"Enfolded in the whole system" does make me think of the large eye seen from orbit.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #4
njm

Bincount™: 0

there is also an eye in the galaxy when the little 'sperm' is moving around the net of being. Its an adaptation of an alex grey series. I cant find it online, but it is in the book transfigurations.

It is called Earth consciousness. The one in the galazy: Galaxy consciousness. There are a few others.

I think the idea is that as humans our consciousness can expand to these levels of awareness. Thus when the hand from the net of being hits X in his third eye, he is awakened, transfigured, and reached a level of earth consciousness
Old 12-14-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnshmetal View Post

I haven't even seen the video yet, but from your description maybe they are going for the Gaia hypothesis. The earth is alive and sentient and aware of our presence. And we are destroying it, turning it into a wasteland. And if there's a galaxy with an eye, I would take it to mean that space/time itself is alive, sentient and aware of our presence (the universe is hostile, so impersonal). Sounds like this Tool video is a little more all encompassing, and looking at it from the really big perspective. Which I myself am glad to see (WITH BOTH MY EYES!).

Saw a bunch of people panning the video in interact... talking about how "Tool" are obsessed with eyes, and that's the full extent of it. I think maybe they'd better TAKE ANOTHER LOOK...
Old 12-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by njm View Post
there is also an eye in the galaxy when the little 'sperm' is moving around the net of being. Its an adaptation of an alex grey series. I cant find it online, but it is in the book transfigurations.

It is called Earth consciousness. The one in the galazy: Galaxy consciousness. There are a few others.

I think the idea is that as humans our consciousness can expand to these levels of awareness. Thus when the hand from the net of being hits X in his third eye, he is awakened, transfigured, and reached a level of earth consciousness
that's it - very cool.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #7

My first idea was that it shows the interconnectivity of all beings in the world. As all of us going through this transformation of focusing on the ego instead of the true self. I dont know but im sure anyone on the same path to self discovery as me knows or has a great appreciation for our race as a whole and realizes each persons real potential.

Im gonna watch the video a couple more times and post more.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowbobwow View Post
It made me think of the whole microcosm/macrocosm idea, but that be too simplistic an interpretation. The whole video made me think of that idea. A world within a world within a world. All of them individual lenses and eyes (perceptions) governing realities. I read in a book recently (God & The New Physics by Paul Davies) that quotes David Bohm's book "Wholeness and Implicate Order": "Life itself has to be regarded as belonging in some sense to a totality." He goes on to argue that life is somehow 'enfolded' in the whole system, including the air we breathe, the molecules of which may one day be incorporated in our bodies."

So take from that quote what you will. It is a loose connection but I think there's a connection of a sort.

"Enfolded in the whole system" does make me think of the large eye seen from orbit.
Very cool as well, and I agree with those concepts also.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 PM   #9
Banned.

the eye devours whatever organism it might be found upon. but whatever it devours is recycled then spat back out in some way shape or form. impression and expression speaking on levels from single cells organisms to galaxies, a kind of paradoxial portayal or all things. paradox seems to be the law
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 AM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

lots of shit Tool makes can be inturpreted into many of different ways, its what you think it is about, its your imagination use it, hasnt any one else noticed this.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButIForgotMyPen View Post
lots of shit Tool makes can be inturpreted into many of different ways, its what you think it is about, its your imagination use it, hasnt any one else noticed this.
he knows to much...kill him.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButIForgotMyPen View Post
Uhhh yea which is why I asked peoples interpretation. Whats wrong with sharing ideas?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: