opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 07-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Take a stand.

Posture is merely consciousness…
Now ponder this—the straighter one sits,
The more conscious s/he will seem to be.
Is this just fantasy?
Or is it just me,
Delusional and trying to be free,
Attempting to align “me”,
This body,
A point of reference,
This spiraling sphere of consciousness…
Constricted by our own contortions,
Confined behind our own distortions…
Will we ever rediscover responsible sovereignty?
Possibly… never.
So for now, I’ll keep ranting,
Or is this preaching?
All I know is reality’s slanting…
Or is it slouching?
Stand up straight,
Take a stand…
Approach these issues as an arrow,
Straight, to the point, through the heart—
It’s then that one will “overstand”.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
don't knock it 'til u try it

Bincount™: 3430
Re: Take a stand.

It's worth something for original content. It's difficult to make the correlation between adjusting physical posture and the posture of our consciousness, in the former you move a "molehill", while in the latter you move a "mountain". I'd say with this case I'm certainly NOT guilty of the old adage.
rip Neal Parker (NHRA)
Old 07-25-2007, 04:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biff0016 View Post
It's worth something for original content. It's difficult to make the correlation between adjusting physical posture and the posture of our consciousness, in the former you move a "molehill", while in the latter you move a "mountain". I'd say with this case I'm certainly NOT guilty of the old adage.
Thank you for your time and thoughts. Personally, however, I feel that physical posture and the extent of one's consciousness are very much related. If one is entirely conscious of his/her physical self (which entails perfect posture as a result of being conscious of each and every body part in relation it's surrounding parts, a conscious, physical form of homeostasis), s/he will thereby be more conscious of his/her surrounding environment. As above, so below... As I've personally come to find, in order to understand that which surrounds us, being that we are sheerly energy to being with, we must first understand the energy that is ourselves before we can understand surrounding energy, our environment. So by expanding one's consciousness of one's self, s/he is effectively expanding his/her consciousness of anything and everything.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:54 PM   #4

Perhaps I am a bit cynical plus admittedly superficial, but to me it stands to reason with you're line of thought that I should be able to wander into any gym and find the most enlightened folks their are. This isn't to say I haven't always been a fan of the gym, but I've rarely felt enlightened there. I'm not so daft to realize that your second post isn't saying this in so many words (and even refutes it), but the poem is the subject here.
rip Neal Parker (NHRA)
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Perhaps I am a bit cynical plus admittedly superficial, but to me it stands to reason with you're line of thought that I should be able to wander into any gym and find the most enlightened folks their are. This isn't to say I haven't always been a fan of the gym, but I've rarely felt enlightened there. I'm not so daft to realize that your second post isn't saying this in so many words (and even refutes it), but the poem is the subject here.
Perhaps... I was a cynic at one point in time, too; for me, cynicism was a stage, one I've learned to grow out of.

You are correct in stating that my previous post refutes your gym example, for a large percentage of typical gym members tend to be superficial and over inflated bulges that vaguely resemble muscles of the human body haven't too much to do with one's physical consciousness and posture... Such bulky muscles are, as I feel, a product of the unconstructive aspects of the ego. To be strong, fit and in shape, or of good physical health, it isn't necessary for one to be so bulky. Bulky muscles actually hinder one's health, as the weight of the bulk and the tension administered to the skeletal system pulls one's body out of alignment. This is not proper posture, true homeostasis... This body type only leaves people to be more frail later in life and have more muscle and joint pain and problems, as far as I'm aware of anyway...

The alignment I refer to in my poem is structual, sheerly posture, which is important as the alignment of the skeletal system dictates the alignment of other crucial physical systems such as the nevous system. As I have a syndrome called Fibromyalgia, which pulls my posture out of alignement, I can feel my energy conduits being pulled out of place. This is why I exclaimed in the poem " the straighter one sits, The more conscious s/he will seem to be." What stands out to make my point is "the more conscious s/he will [i]seem,/i] to be." It isn't necessaryily true in all cases, as there are health conscious individuals who posess proper posture and are conscious of their own selves, generally, physically, but are entirely unconscious to the dharma of everything around them. But this is why people with good posture more typically "seem" to be more conscious, and arn't necessarily conscious...

The people who are of a more average stature, not overly large in some sort of comensation, and not overly thin, in another sort of compensation, who have balanced posture seem to typically be more conscious, or at least that's what I've come to notice in regards to myself, anyway... As I've become more conscious about my own body a greater percentage of the time, I'm becomming more aware of everything that's happening around me. And, similarly, a lot of the people I've known in my life who are rather unconscious around me seem to have physical imblanaces, some of which are so unconscious that they don't even know they're body is imbalanced. I used to be one of these people... My body was so drastically out of balance, so far out of homeostasis, that I had adapted to that being my normal, and in my adaption, I forgot how my body was supposed to feel. In forgetting how one's body is supposed to feel, they forget who and what they are, and you lose an over all sense of the self. It's weird the way it happens, but as one becomes more conscious, through some healing art, such as massage therapy, in my case, one begins to see that the way his/her body was was far from the way it's supposed to be. Thank you society...
Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
Perhaps... I was a cynic at one point in time, too; for me, cynicism was a stage, one I've learned to grow out of.

The people who are of a more average stature, not overly large in some sort of comensation, and not overly thin, in another sort of compensation, who have balanced posture seem to typically be more conscious, or at least that's what I've come to notice in regards to myself, anyway
I can still be cynical at times, though it doesnt make cynicism right, because cynicism is just another form of unconciousness...

I can't help but agree that posture has just about everything to do with consciousness, as I have come to notice that the more conscious I become, the straighter I tend to sit and stand... I have noticed that among other people I have come in contact with as well.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:38 PM   #7

Exactly and it refutes the original post. Conciousness precedes posture and not the other way around.
rip Neal Parker (NHRA)

Last edited by biff0016; 07-27-2007 at 08:41 PM..
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Exactly and it refutes the original post. Conciousness precedes posture and not the other way around.
I suppose it would depend upon the individual whom is being examined... In some cases, with some people, consciousness precedes physical consciousness (posture). In other cases, with other people, posture leads to the path of an generally expanded consciousness. All paths, I suppose, are leading to the same place, towards consciousness, so who is either of us to dictate which should come first? For me, physical consciousness, a consciousness of my posture, has led to a greater expansion of total consciousness and I have hence made connections that make sense to me. Maybe some other stimulating form of consciousness has led you to become more conscious of your physical form...

The significance of the original post is sheerly to stimulate the reader to seek correlations between consciousness and the physical envirnoment, be it one's own self, one's immediate invironment, or beyond. As I am becoming more conscious, by means of whatever device, I merely intend to similarly help others... My course just happened to be through predominantly understanding physical consciousness in relation to consciousness, as that is my predisposition due to my physical condition, having Fibromyalgia, a syndrome that causes me to daily battle with posture.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:09 AM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 155

I won't join in this deabte, but I just wanted to say I thought it was a great poem, once I started reading it, it just took me straight throguh to the end, it had a great rythm. It certainly made me sit up and take notice!
Old 07-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasknight View Post
I won't join in this deabte, but I just wanted to say I thought it was a great poem, once I started reading it, it just took me straight throguh to the end, it had a great rythm. It certainly made me sit up and take notice!
Thank you for your kind words and encouragement... I'm glad I could assist in stimulating consciousness :)

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: