opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 08-28-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Go ahead and ridicule me... I know many will want to.

All I truly desire is to inspire people to question the validity of this reality, as the validity of this reality seems to me to be rather questionable…

“It’s All About Choices…”

You must step outside from behind these eyes in order to manage to see, but in order to manage to realize, you must step back behind them and be-- become, objectively, revealed inner-visions of subjectivity-- revelations realized revolving reality-- real bitter- sweet epiphanies… If you are what you eat, you are what you see-- everything you’re aware of defines your reality. Either you reside inside a dead desert-- ever dry-- or you’re adrift a sea of tranquility-- amidst the current of life.

So make a choice, ‘cause that’s all you really have to choose from: some self-sustaining sanctuary or seemingly demonic, domestic detainment, where you’re your own captor. Now how’s that for entertainment?! Take that to the Colloseum-- Conscious, karmic decision-making…

Dream a sweeter dream if your nightmares make you scream. The only battle you can truly fight is in your mind. And, so I’ve come to find, most are forfeiting the wars they’re waging for wages they’re forced to earn to survive. And why? I can’t tell you absolutely why, for in equivalence, it’s an adolescent’s game, one that’s senseless and distributes mass pain. Why?! All I can figure is to drive us insane… So just ride the waves…
Even if you had two oars to row with, would you go in anything but endless rows of countless circles spiraling, weaving incessantly down the stream, creating whilst existing in this thing we call reality? Doubtfully… for this is what’s engrained with in us, as it is also everything that’s abound and around us. That’s all ANYTHING in this reality really is… So sit back and relax, take a breath or 17… Get a hold of yourself; try to remember your first name-- but realize first where it is that you lay, with your head down and your tail between your legs, slumbering… Don’t be afraid, just crawl out from the hole that you’ve dug and the bed that you’ve made… Can you awaken? Can you regain consciousness and obtain lucidity within this waking dream?

Now play a game-- if you will-- come on, take a dare-- I dare you to wear your heart on your sleeve… to become conscious of love and this rhythmic eternity. Pick out the pulse that’s pulsating cosmically, and now join in the rhythm that we know as humanity, not the race… CONTRIBUTE to the beat we’re drumming, don’t counter, even though-- I know-- this concepts far, for some, out there in space… Eye can’t see what I don’t look at, so examine everything-- and then ask yourself what’s real and what’s merely holographic absurdity…

For consciousness is the skeleton key to The Doors of Perception, to this rhythmic eternity. It’s like having a universal remote control to the highest definition TV… yet you’re more than just the viewer, you’re an entrepreneur, a director directing a great risk, if not the greatest, envisioning some reality show that the cast hopes and prays will make them, some day, rich and famous. But it’s not about that, that sort of show is a flop… We’re talkin’ about the real Reality, not some poorly written Sit-Com crock…
It’s about what’s put behind the thoughts, the applied consciousness, for this is the component that most seem to miss. Most miss the hidden meanings, which lead to their demise. It’s a hidden battle that abides by an ancient adage, out of sight, out of mind. It’s a Royal rumble disguised by vast ruses of mind-seizing lies… Consciousness is the only key to comprehending reality, so ‘they’ hold our thoughts captive, locked in a box with a glass screen, and then throw away the key.

…so the key then must be to retrieve it, in other words, we must rediscover the power of our magnetism, our light-body, through breathing breaths to 17. We must learn to reconnect to all we’ve been cleaved from, we must re-initiate our holistic nature and patch our nurtured schism. Basically, I’m trying to say, “when you make the one two, when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same… then you will enter the Kingdom of God”. Thank you Jesus…

It’s all about choices…
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773
Re: Go ahead and ridicule me... I know many will want to.

Why the fuck would you post a creative work here and not want people to criticize it? That's part of the creative process: you write something, people critique it, and then you make it better. Do you just want people to sing your fucking praises? Are you that insecure?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign3 View Post
Why the fuck would you post a creative work here and not want people to criticize it? That's part of the creative process: you write something, people critique it, and then you make it better. Do you just want people to sing your fucking praises? Are you that insecure?
I laugh at this as the old man in your avatar... If you even began to read what I wrote, you'd realize that I haven't any problem with criticism... A critique is actually what I DESIRE. It's just difficult to get people to read such a lengthy work and have anything to say about it because most people on this sight seem to be rather lazy... The diction that I chose to use (with conscious intent, mind you) was asking the readers to "ridicule" my piece, not criticize... For I know many people may be offended by the way that I incorporated a quote by their beloved relgious icon, and if not that, just appauled by such a long poem to begin with, so they probably would never get to the end part to begin with... So I chose to use a form of reverse-psychology in desprate attempt to get somebody to have something to say... So thank you, my friend, for making an ass out of both of us in your crude, ignorant assumptions... To ridicule, according to dictionary.com is "to deride; make fun of", as in a demeaning manner, and to criticize, according to dictionary.com is "1. to censure or find fault with.
2. to judge or discuss the merits and faults of", which would be a constructive process. The former, is sheerly a deconstructive process with no higher intent. Can you see the difference, or are you still incapable of reading, my friend?

As for anybody else out there, I would very much appreciate it if you had anything to say in regards to my piece. Ridicule me if you must, but I'd much appreciate criticism (for those of you who can't differentiate between the two from my posted title...). :)
Old 08-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
All I truly desire is to inspire people to question the validity of this reality, as the validity of this reality seems to me to be rather questionable…

“It’s All About Choices…”

You must step outside from behind these eyes in order to manage to see, but in order to manage to realize, you must step back behind them and be-- become, objectively, revealed inner-visions of subjectivity-- revelations realized revolving reality-- real bitter- sweet epiphanies… If you are what you eat, you are what you see-- everything you’re aware of defines your reality. Either you reside inside a dead desert-- ever dry-- or you’re adrift a sea of tranquility-- amidst the current of life.

So make a choice, ‘cause that’s all you really have to choose from: some self-sustaining sanctuary or seemingly demonic, domestic detainment, where you’re your own captor. Now how’s that for entertainment?! Take that to the Colloseum-- Conscious, karmic decision-making…

Dream a sweeter dream if your nightmares make you scream. The only battle you can truly fight is in your mind. And, so I’ve come to find, most are forfeiting the wars they’re waging for wages they’re forced to earn to survive. And why? I can’t tell you absolutely why, for in equivalence, it’s an adolescent’s game, one that’s senseless and distributes mass pain. Why?! All I can figure is to drive us insane… So just ride the waves…
Even if you had two oars to row with, would you go in anything but endless rows of countless circles spiraling, weaving incessantly down the stream, creating whilst existing in this thing we call reality? Doubtfully… for this is what’s engrained with in us, as it is also everything that’s abound and around us. That’s all ANYTHING in this reality really is… So sit back and relax, take a breath or 17… Get a hold of yourself; try to remember your first name-- but realize first where it is that you lay, with your head down and your tail between your legs, slumbering… Don’t be afraid, just crawl out from the hole that you’ve dug and the bed that you’ve made… Can you awaken? Can you regain consciousness and obtain lucidity within this waking dream?

Now play a game-- if you will-- come on, take a dare-- I dare you to wear your heart on your sleeve… to become conscious of love and this rhythmic eternity. Pick out the pulse that’s pulsating cosmically, and now join in the rhythm that we know as humanity, not the race… CONTRIBUTE to the beat we’re drumming, don’t counter, even though-- I know-- this concepts far, for some, out there in space… Eye can’t see what I don’t look at, so examine everything-- and then ask yourself what’s real and what’s merely holographic absurdity…

For consciousness is the skeleton key to The Doors of Perception, to this rhythmic eternity. It’s like having a universal remote control to the highest definition TV… yet you’re more than just the viewer, you’re an entrepreneur, a director directing a great risk, if not the greatest, envisioning some reality show that the cast hopes and prays will make them, some day, rich and famous. But it’s not about that, that sort of show is a flop… We’re talkin’ about the real Reality, not some poorly written Sit-Com crock…
It’s about what’s put behind the thoughts, the applied consciousness, for this is the component that most seem to miss. Most miss the hidden meanings, which lead to their demise. It’s a hidden battle that abides by an ancient adage, out of sight, out of mind. It’s a Royal rumble disguised by vast ruses of mind-seizing lies… Consciousness is the only key to comprehending reality, so ‘they’ hold our thoughts captive, locked in a box with a glass screen, and then throw away the key.

…so the key then must be to retrieve it, in other words, we must rediscover the power of our magnetism, our light-body, through breathing breaths to 17. We must learn to reconnect to all we’ve been cleaved from, we must re-initiate our holistic nature and patch our nurtured schism. Basically, I’m trying to say, “when you make the one two, when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same… then you will enter the Kingdom of God”. Thank you Jesus…

It’s all about choices…
Ok, so I had just gotten back from the bar last night when I went off on you, and I semi-apologize. You have to realize that the title of this post makes it sound like this is some sort of pity party. What if you're walking down the street in some crowded city and some old homeless guy runs up to a bunch of people and starts screaming "You all think I'm stupid don't you?!? I know a lot of you do! Don't lie!" Well yeah, I would call him stupid because what he is doing is stupid and the title of your post is supid. No offense.

As for your "poem" or whatever you choose to call this creative work, it made no sense. It's not coherrent at any point throughout. You jump from theme to theme, metaphor to metaphor with no sense of a logical transition. This seems like some sort of stream of conciousness writing, which I hope it is, because it just jumped all over the place and kept me as a reader from understanding anything you were trying to say. You've somehow found a way to make yourself look both pretentious and unintelligent. It looks like you've just listened to all the Tool albums and thought that made you an expert in metaphysics. I may be a bit biased because I think a lot of the spiritual religious shit that Maynard sings about is utter nonsense. They on one hand condemn organized religion but espouse their occult-related beliefs to their listeners, but that's just my opinion, just one thing I don't like about them. But if you truly do believe in the things you are talking about you should do everyone, yourself included, a favor and become an expert about it. It shows through here that you have only vague notions of the things you are talking about (or maybe you're just a really bad communicator). But if you were to gain some expertise in the topic it would show through in your writing.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #5

It read like a rap. Very smooth, flowed nice.

The heaven or hell within our selves always seemed more likely to me than a heaven in the sky and the hell underground. It's a difficult idea to grasp for most people. Things happen way to fast these days. No time to listen and see. The spirit in doing things is gone (at least in this country). I would sum the whole piece up like this:

"Only I can change the world."
Old 08-30-2007, 09:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reign3 View Post
Ok, so I had just gotten back from the bar last night when I went off on you, and I semi-apologize. You have to realize that the title of this post makes it sound like this is some sort of pity party. What if you're walking down the street in some crowded city and some old homeless guy runs up to a bunch of people and starts screaming "You all think I'm stupid don't you?!? I know a lot of you do! Don't lie!" Well yeah, I would call him stupid because what he is doing is stupid and the title of your post is supid. No offense.

As for your "poem" or whatever you choose to call this creative work, it made no sense. It's not coherrent at any point throughout. You jump from theme to theme, metaphor to metaphor with no sense of a logical transition. This seems like some sort of stream of conciousness writing, which I hope it is, because it just jumped all over the place and kept me as a reader from understanding anything you were trying to say. You've somehow found a way to make yourself look both pretentious and unintelligent. It looks like you've just listened to all the Tool albums and thought that made you an expert in metaphysics. I may be a bit biased because I think a lot of the spiritual religious shit that Maynard sings about is utter nonsense. They on one hand condemn organized religion but espouse their occult-related beliefs to their listeners, but that's just my opinion, just one thing I don't like about them. But if you truly do believe in the things you are talking about you should do everyone, yourself included, a favor and become an expert about it. It shows through here that you have only vague notions of the things you are talking about (or maybe you're just a really bad communicator). But if you were to gain some expertise in the topic it would show through in your writing.

Well, then I semi-accept your semi-appology, my friend...

The diction used in your example of the old homeless guy isn't really all so synonymous with the message expressed in the title of my post... If I were outright asking you or anybody else who read this post "you think I'm stupid don't you(?)", then I would understand if you were to react the way you reacted... But those were not the words I chose to use, and as this is the English language, a very confusing, deceptive language at that, the words one chooses to use and the way he/she uses them is everything in expressing his/her meaning by using them. Which is why I chose to use the words the way that I did... Apparently, this language is rather inefficient in that matter because people can have preconcieved notions of what they think a given word order means, and so it will twist the meaning from what the author intended, to what the reader's preconcieved notions may tell him/her the words mean. In some cases, this may be beautiful, offering artistic differences, leaving ambiguous works up to the interpretaion of the reader, and in other cases, it will simply cause utter confusion as to what was originally intended... In this case, I feel that the confusion is due to a combination of the former as well as the latter...

My intent is to write in a rather free, ambiguous form, as the direction I feel my life is taking me is very much so rather free, as well as ambiguous... So I'm simply expressing what I'm feeling, and seeing, thinking, and conciving through the ambiguious nature that it's flowing through my body. So, yes, especially as much of this poem did seem to just come to me, I would consider it somewhat a "stream of consciousness" work, as that's what I feel anything and everything in reality is, is currents of energy drifting as a stream, hence the "ocean of life" and water metaphors... Everything throughout my piece is interconnected, as everything "abound and around" us is interconnected. It may seem chaotic from some perspectives, but, if one can stand high enough above everything and percieve this reality from an altered from the typical point of view, one can see what's really happening, one can see the patterns unfolding... You may not understand the things in which I write about, nor do you seem to understand the things in which Tool writes about, which is okay... That's just your level of consciousness... And as one evolves as a human being, consciously making choices to better him/her self as a person, his/her level of consciousness changes and expands, and certain things make different sense as a result of it... Like the artwork of Alex Grey... I can go through his books hundreds and hundreds of times a year, and almost every time, as I keep learning more and more about life, I will see something new. This is because my level of consciousness is constantly changing, as I keep consciously striving to learn. This is the same with Tool's music, as with any other great work. It's presented in layers, and depending upon your individual consciousness level, that will determine the layer you'll be able to dig down to... Just keep digging, my friend, for "this ground is [truely] not the rock [we] thought to be"...

Apparently, the nature of my poem did not keep the reader from understanding anything I was trying to say, because the person who posted after you certainly got the gist of it... So just because you didn't understand what I meant, certainly doesn't mean that nobody did... It all depends upon one's openness of mind and level of consciousness. My work isn't meant for everybody to understand. It is my own artistic process of expressing what I am learning and coming to terms with. It is also simultaniously designed to find people of similar consciousness levels myself so I can find some people that can understand what the hell I'm talkin' about so I have some new people to talk to. And then, thirdly, it is designed to inspire, to create curiosities in the people that do not understand what I'm talking about, so that maybe they can go out and research some of the things I refer to, as I've had to, so that maybe they can eventually understand what I'm saying as well. So as I mentioned, my work has layers... If you see them or not, they're there... And if you see them or not, I at least appreciate you taking the time to attempt to digest my latest piece, even despite your rude, rather ignorant remarks... I understand that it's you caught up in your personal beliefs system that is confused, so, as I invited you to do, you have choosen to ridicule me. Again, I thank you for your time and enegy, and I hope that you can one day at least begin to understand the things in which I refer to...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDJS View Post
It read like a rap. Very smooth, flowed nice.

The heaven or hell within our selves always seemed more likely to me than a heaven in the sky and the hell underground. It's a difficult idea to grasp for most people. Things happen way to fast these days. No time to listen and see. The spirit in doing things is gone (at least in this country). I would sum the whole piece up like this:

"Only I can change the world."
As to you, my friend, I very much appreciate your understanding after the posts prior to yours... In essence, yes, my friend, you've gotten the gist of my poem. And yes, these notions are, apparently, very difficult for people to grasp these days, as things do happen way too fast in this day and age... It's all just part of the illusion, keeping us from gathering the pieces lost behind the sand, "but I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them fall away...".

The beginning part, in which I'm highly fond of, I meant like this: one must step away from their current perspective in order to see what's going on. You can't look out from your pin-hole, pigeon-holed point of view and really think you know what's going on... You have to step outside of your little world, walk in somebody elses shoes, if you really want to get it. I refrenced this specifially to my experiences with mind altering substances... I remember when I first started smoking marijuana, I'd be sitting there on this couch, stoned out of my mind, and I literally felt like had literally melted into the couch. I remember as I "melted" as so, my point of refrence shifted from up in my body, from the level of my eyes, down to the level of the couch. It was like I literally became a part of the couch, and my point of view shifted to that of the couch's. So I learned from that, in looking back, that "you must step outside from behind these eyes, in order to manage to see". And then more recently in my life, I've realized that I need to stop smoking marijuana, as I have a kid on the way and I need a better job, so I need to be clean and not smoke the way I used to (not to say that I may end up using once again in my life when it seems right, but as a medicine, not the way I used to abuse, ya know?). So I understood that "in order to manage to realize, you must step back behind them (these eyes) and be (what you've seen), become, objectively, revealed innervisions of subjectivity...". To see you have to step aside, but to really understand what it is that you were seeing, you have to step back to your old perspective with your newly found knowledge, with your newly aqquiered addition to your original perspective, and apply it. So from there, the poem became about consciousness and conscious decision making.

It's all about choices...
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by <8>jF<8> View Post
As to you, my friend, I very much appreciate your understanding after the posts prior to yours... In essence, yes, my friend, you've gotten the gist of my poem. And yes, these notions are, apparently, very difficult for people to grasp these days, as things do happen way too fast in this day and age... It's all just part of the illusion, keeping us from gathering the pieces lost behind the sand, "but I know the pieces fit, 'cause I watched them fall away...".

The beginning part, in which I'm highly fond of, I meant like this: one must step away from their current perspective in order to see what's going on. You can't look out from your pin-hole, pigeon-holed point of view and really think you know what's going on... You have to step outside of your little world, walk in somebody elses shoes, if you really want to get it. I refrenced this specifially to my experiences with mind altering substances... I remember when I first started smoking marijuana, I'd be sitting there on this couch, stoned out of my mind, and I literally felt like had literally melted into the couch. I remember as I "melted" as so, my point of refrence shifted from up in my body, from the level of my eyes, down to the level of the couch. It was like I literally became a part of the couch, and my point of view shifted to that of the couch's. So I learned from that, in looking back, that "you must step outside from behind these eyes, in order to manage to see". And then more recently in my life, I've realized that I need to stop smoking marijuana, as I have a kid on the way and I need a better job, so I need to be clean and not smoke the way I used to (not to say that I may end up using once again in my life when it seems right, but as a medicine, not the way I used to abuse, ya know?). So I understood that "in order to manage to realize, you must step back behind them (these eyes) and be (what you've seen), become, objectively, revealed innervisions of subjectivity...". To see you have to step aside, but to really understand what it is that you were seeing, you have to step back to your old perspective with your newly found knowledge, with your newly aqquiered addition to your original perspective, and apply it. So from there, the poem became about consciousness and conscious decision making.

It's all about choices...
...and through the choices one makes as an individual, slowly, cosciously evolving, one can imact the way the world is the next day, and the day after that and the day after that... Everything is just a reflection, so if you want to see a change, be the change you want to see, and slowly, reality will begin to reflect that...
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

[
As for anybody else out there, I would very much appreciate it if you had anything to say in regards to my piece. Ridicule me if you must, but I'd much appreciate criticism (for those of you who can't differentiate between the two from my posted title...). :)[/QUOTE]

You read Bob Frissell's Book didn't you?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyMarie View Post
[
As for anybody else out there, I would very much appreciate it if you had anything to say in regards to my piece. Ridicule me if you must, but I'd much appreciate criticism (for those of you who can't differentiate between the two from my posted title...). :)
You read Bob Frissell's Book didn't you?[/QUOTE]

:) Yes I have... Is that a good thing or a bad thing, from your point of view?
Old 09-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 733

I think your safe here. Good stuff, I think we might have something in common.
Just don't go to the recycle bin!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarring View Post
I think your safe here. Good stuff, I think we might have something in common.
Just don't go to the recycle bin!
Thank you for the kind words, my friend...

What do you mean, though, by "just don't go to the recycle bin"?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 70

PRAISE THE LORD
Old 10-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

You are right I am lazy...to lazy to type as much as you. and I don't have spell check...whats a boy to do...stay in school? maybe...na.
All jokes aside, I thought it was outstanding, it got kind of narrow towards the mid to end, the part about the reality show being a flop and so on didn't really do it for me. The majority of your writting seems to speak to the eternal man where that one afore mentioned part (I feel) only speeks to a generation or two. once again..outstanding work.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: