opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 12-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Compete with this...

I’ve stared the demon in the eyes for long enough--now I think I can seize control--now I think I know its soul. Shall I introduce you to my acquaintance? Unto you shall I show this demon I know?
Look then.
Well, do you know him? Tell me, what do you know? No? Well, he seems to know you well, soo…
In all honesty, the demon knows all of us personally--better than most people will ever consciously know. In all actuality, this demon is a lot of people’s best friend--they just can’t perceive the pointy horns and scaly skin.
Allow me to assist. You have to look like this. Now--not like that--take off the silly hat. Just look how I look, don’t look how I look, but look how I look. See? Can you be you but look like me or her or him or anyone but you, my friend? Can you perceive reality how something else does, how someone else may see? Well, let’s see…
Here, look through my eyes--see as me.

I’ve been staring this demon in the eyes for long enough now and I’m beginning to feel familiarity, as though with a friend--so I’ll tackle this foe now, hoping to bring this baleful beast to its end. Or at the very least cause him to bleed now, so his life drains out slowly as air flows quickly in.
And so I sling a swing, a slice, precise to make the right incise. I cleave the curtain from the stage--mid-play. Behold, as before you the façade is removed.
Whoosh!
The curtain comes down and a hush covers the crowd. I guess the audience hadn’t realized this sort of thing was allowed. … … …wow. These poor people only sponsored the play and advertised it all over town, posting billboards reading, “It’s the best show around!”
So how the hell could they not know the evil they’d brought ‘round!? It’s like if Hansel and Gretel had helped the witch prep. for her meal. It’s evil that simply cannot be concealed with sugar coatings and desires fulfilled.

My mind’s been possessed for some time now--the demon’s relentless. I won’t let him have my soul, though, even if it means--how it’s beginning to seem--that I have to sorta exist in solitary confinement. I’m already sorta there anyway--trapped in my head--so I guess let it be--just so long as I can contribute to the tuning of reality, so long as I can help to change the frequency in which the world perceives. Hell can have my body, it’s illusionary anyway--I have to pay my soul to God, though, like earning minimum wage while having bills to pay, the money was never mine in the first place.

Now would you believe the name of the demon if you heard it? I doubt it. If I uttered it, you’d never notice. If ya wanna be vague ‘bout it, hell, ya call ‘em Pete. But if you really want to capture his attention, call him by his full name, Competition.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: