opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 11-27-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
i posted this before, but it fits better here

Does anyone recall talks about a different song order to this album, where if you plotted numbers to form a parabola, and if you listened to the songs in that order they would fit together better. I'm really not sure exactly how it worked, I just remember that much about it. Anyone else have any clues or heard the same thing?

Pretty pretty please...

"...I didn't think it would be wise to smoke pot with 15-year-olds. Heck, it might even be illegal."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 08:47 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: i posted this before, but it fits better here

Okay, a parabola is a quadratic equation, ax²+ bx + c=0. The numbers to make it can be any numbers such as x² + 2x + 4 or 5x² + 10x + 5, henceforth leaving an infinite number of parabolas to be made. So you could take any track number and replace in with the coeffecients and it would make a parabola. Now, if TOOL gave you a parabola to look at, then you could find the zero's and make an equation which would tell you A, B, and C, which could be track nubmers. (Parabolas also come in the form y= a(x+h)² + k or x= a(y+k)² + h) (I think.... it's been a while since Algebra.)
So basically, unless you have a parabola to analyze, the possibilities are endless.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:49 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Re: i posted this before, but it fits better here

I said quadratic EQUATION, well it is a qudratic equation, but a parabola is better described as a quadratic FUNCTION. Sorry for the typo. HA.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: