opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 11-27-2002, 01:04 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10
Changed my life

When I first heard lateralus I was going to sleep and ended up drifting away during the patient, then being frightendly awoken by Fiaap de Oiad. Scared as hell I had forgotten what I was listening to. Then the high pitched hum of the grudge started up and I instantly remembered what I had been listening to when I fell asleep. I stayed up and listened to the whole album and became intranced by it.

My friends and I had been through many talks about the existance of life and the situation we all are in. What makes us tick, what we as humans all have in common. Our ideas had grown completely similar to those expressed in Lateralus. Upon hearing and dissecting Lateralus it was a great relief to know someone else out there had ideas and thoughts along our same lines. How spirtually we can all be connected and how through the right view we can overtake the black and white existance we all face and make it full of color. Ride our spiral to divinity, or the next metaphysical plane.

I was also going through tough times in my relationship with a very special and intelligent girl at that time. Lateralus' message on love (especially Parabola) gained me a very optimistic view on our love. Even though it eventually fell, the album helped me cope with regret, and turn my hate into something positive. Remember the great thing that was our love, and not holding a, excuse my pun, grudge.

The album inspired me to think and express my spirtualness and also to be happy with just experiencing love, and to also take to heart experiencing failure. A very positive and moving album, my favorite to date... of any artist. I was wondering what effect this album has had spirtually, love wise, or just in general to everyone else out there? I am really curious to see the boundless ways this album can bring our species closer.

Remember to smile, stay positive, and be creative.

-Bryan Meason
Old 12-02-2002, 12:53 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
I have never been more inspired as I am when listening to this album. The song Lateralus has helped me create some of my most powerful peices of art. Schism helped me deal with a fairly painful relationship. As for the album on a whole, it re-energizes me everytime I listen to it. The music is incredibly powerful coupled with some of the most insightful poetry the world has ever seen makes for a truly spiritual experience.

No band that I know of has mastered their instruments as tool has. They perfectly comunicate whatever emotions or idea they wish with what seems like relative ease. The truly are brilliant.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:42 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
During a recent breakup with a girl I really cared for a lot, Lateralus has provided me something to identify with in those times. I interpret it as being very closely parralell with the feelings I was experiencing at that time.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 08:08 AM   #4
dan
tool fan

Bincount™: 33962
Re: Changed my life

Quote:
Originally posted by bmeason
frightendly awoken by Fiaap de Oiad.
this has happened to quite a few of my friends, they say it just totally freaks you out.

ahhh, back to work.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: