opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 05. Forty-Six & 2
User Name
Password
Old 03-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #81
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 46 and 2,what the numbers mean

People focus too much on the 46 & 2. You'd have to be retarded to believe in Melchezedic's theory. The point isn't the theory itself, but what the theory represents and the"shadow" as Jung describes it. Yet again, these are the minor points, simply doorways for a deeper explanation. The true point is accepting all of who you are, not just the parts you like, and moving your thinking further, elevating yourself and the human race. These fruity philosophies from theses crazy prophets hold no value if you take them literally, and I seriously doubt (or hope) that Maynard does. How can you promote thinking by preaching beliefs that make no sense. There are no people with 42 and 2 chromosomes. The ancient peoples have been chromosomally tested, they had 23 pairs just like us. And chromosomal numbers do not say what level of intelligence we have or may obtain, many animals have more chromosomes than we do. Relying on an actual physical evolution means what we do now makes no difference, we cannot be thinkers without the evolution. I doubt Tool believes that.

Maybe though I'm giving Maynard too much credit, he did say Genesis was originally written in Aramaic (which it wasn't).
Old 03-21-2005, 02:35 PM   #82
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan2994
Why can't we always feel alive?
Go and see a counsellor. Seriously, your doom and gloom posts become disturbing after a while.

*gives big brother pat on shoulder* (not one hand on each shoulder either)

....then God is not dead.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:38 AM   #83
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoSX

Maybe though I'm giving Maynard too much credit, he did say Genesis was originally written in Aramaic (which it wasn't).
Where did he say that?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #84
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraflux
Where did he say that?
In his video commentary about Judith for aMotion. He talked about Genesis, and the Christian tendency to mess with original messages. It's understandable that one would think it was originally in Aramaic, but Aramaic was a secondary language that didn't show up until well after the Nei'im (the prophets, Joshua-II Kings).
Old 03-23-2005, 09:34 AM   #85
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PseudoSX
People focus too much on the 46 & 2. You'd have to be retarded to believe in Melchezedic's theory. The point isn't the theory itself, but what the theory represents and the"shadow" as Jung describes it. Yet again, these are the minor points, simply doorways for a deeper explanation. The true point is accepting all of who you are, not just the parts you like, and moving your thinking further, elevating yourself and the human race. These fruity philosophies from theses crazy prophets hold no value if you take them literally, and I seriously doubt (or hope) that Maynard does. How can you promote thinking by preaching beliefs that make no sense. There are no people with 42 and 2 chromosomes. The ancient peoples have been chromosomally tested, they had 23 pairs just like us. And chromosomal numbers do not say what level of intelligence we have or may obtain, many animals have more chromosomes than we do. Relying on an actual physical evolution means what we do now makes no difference, we cannot be thinkers without the evolution. I doubt Tool believes that.

people are being born with more than 46 chromosomes now so why is this impossible. have you ever talked to an autistic person before but its scary how much they can remember. their mental capacity is insane. but without the last of the 48 chromosomes needed they are incapable of doing regular human activities.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masochistic Chia Pet
people are being born with more than 46 chromosomes now so why is this impossible. have you ever talked to an autistic person before but its scary how much they can remember. their mental capacity is insane. but without the last of the 48 chromosomes needed they are incapable of doing regular human activities.
What in the world are you talking about? Autistics only have 46. They believe the genes responsible for autism are located in

"two regions on chromosomes 2 and 7 contain[ing] genes that are involved with autism. Likely locations for autism-related genes were also found on chromosomes 16 and 17" http://www.indegene.com/Psy/Home/indPsy_Ind_News_05-09-2001_1.asp

The only people born with more than 46 genes are people whose sex genes have increased (as with Turner X syndrome) or they have duplicates of one of the genes that already exist (Like trisomies, as in Down Syndromes trisomy 21). Years ago there was a belief that humans had 48 chromosomes because all large hominids had 48, but once more exact staining techniques were developed, they discovered that we had 46; 22 autonomal chromosomes and 2 sex chromosomes.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:31 AM   #87
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Just briefly (I'm too tired to type a long post at the moment):
Gaining a number of chromosomes isn't necessarily an evolutionary step forward. It's simply a variation. However, most born with a number of chromosomes different to the norm' are not in an advantageous state of being. I don't mean to be insulting here - I simply mean that those with extra chromosomes don't seem to represent a "higher" state of being. Rather, they suffer from abnormalities, deficiencies and problems that can be life threatening.

And, incidentally, I was under the impression that Down's Syndrome referred to Trisomy 21 - the presence of a single extra chromosome. I didn't think that two extra chromosomes constitutes Down's Syndrome. Maybe I'm wrong - if so, correct me...

As to the song - I admit that when I first attempted to find meaning in it, I did think of the number of chromosomes in the human being. I didn't understand the reference to two more, however. I'm still deliberating whether the Forty-Six and Two refers to an "evolutionary step forward". I do feel that the Shadow reference has alot to do with Jungian ideas, however.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #88
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

I am well educated in the background factual information of this song... I still think it has a metaphorical sense to it.... To me it is about moving on, evolving (in the metephorical sense) and change in general (which seems to be the underlying theme of Aenima, change and embracing change)
Old 04-30-2005, 01:27 PM   #89
Level 1 - Lurker

maybe it has to do with the SON [of man] equalling out to 48. S is the 19th number O is the 15th and N is the 14th. it could just be a coincidence though.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:32 PM   #90

Bincount™: 9

Probably coincidence.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #91
Level 1 - Lurker

yeah i figured. but its still pretty interesting. and a different look at things.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:39 PM   #92

'Tis though, sorry I didn't fully reply. Was in a hurry.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #93
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 69

i dont understand why so many people are so hyped about the whole 46 chromosone deal, we dont all have 46
many have 45, 44, 41, 48, and 52 chromosones. but theres nothing wrong with them. quite often one attaches itself to another and sometimes they split apart, nothing wrong though. the Average preson has 46 when they are in a stage of mitosis, but again not always, it is a very intricate and elegant machine that can easily adapt and change its behaviour to accomidate the environment ie: shortage of protiens, radiation, dehydration, some scientists believe even that dna can share a phosphate chain with another strand, yeilding a 3 backbone chain. not to mention the fact that in the male 'y' chromosone, every allele (clump of base pairs) is represented in reverse somewhere else in the strand, which means it can repair itself. 44 and 2 is just an innacurate standard, nothing more.
every day
good... so what's the problem?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:12 PM   #94

It is standard though. Most 'normal' (I know normal isn't exactly the right word but I'm sure you get my meaning) people do only have 46 but people with mental illnesses have different sets of chromosomes.

Ps: 52?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #95
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev'n

Ps: 52?
sorry, i meant 50
its the, 7 9 12 16 18 20 chromosones, i think, they can split in half.

most of these mutations have absolutely No effect.
every day
good... so what's the problem?

Last edited by SiGuy; 05-08-2005 at 02:58 PM..
Old 05-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #96
Level 2 - Poster

If 46&2 in not the next evolutionary stage, as some suggest, it still works perfectly fine in a symbolic nature. currently being 44&2, 46&2 is higher and therefore "better" or not.
Take the first part of the song. First searching within, finding the things we need to fix, knowing when we're behind and picking the scabs. Ridding ourselves of our chaotic and insecure delusions. The inside is imperfect, needing cleansed. We need to metamorphisise, to growing, to feel the cleansing.
Looking back at our muscle memory, contemplating what we're clinging to, what keeps us from growing from being our better selves. Completely giving in. Evening resorting to imperfection as a way of seeing or gaing perfection.
Our shadow is a perfect copy of ourselves. To see our shadow change we must change oursleves first. Stepping through our shadow we are stepping through an older being a former self producing something new.
I've used many quotes from the song. all credit is infinitely given to maynard james keenan.
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGuy
sorry, i meant 50
its the, 7 9 12 16 18 20 chromosones, i think, they can split in half.

most of these mutations have absolutely No effect.
Lol, It made me laugh. My little brother has Down Syndrome and so I've done a bit of research on it. I'm not gonna post it up, cause it's not THAT little.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #98
Level 1 - Lurker

Re: ?

I agree about the meaning of 46 + 2. Have you read Drunvalo's The Secret of The Ancient Flower of Life volume 1 + 2. I take it you have, quite interesting books. I've read other books that refer to some of the same info such as The Precission of The Equinoxes. Apparently the egyptians were very aware of the levels of conscience for that is why they made some of there statues taller than others. The taller ones represented, not only figuritively but physically the beings in those higher states.

Last edited by Dev88; 03-03-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #99
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon2112 View Post
I said on another post that Maynard sings about these people...
his mother,his son,his girlfriend,the record label,God and the government.I believe that 46 and two are his mother's and son's age.
46 and two are the numbers of our dna
Old 08-01-2014, 02:55 AM   #100
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 4207

I love thread necromancy. Two first posts covering over eight years....

Peace and blessed be . . .

....then God is not dead.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: