Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975
What does this mean, they're going to be smashed for the rest of the tour?
Yeah, I didn't understand that either.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88
Re: French interview

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't understand that either.
04-11-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Side-splitting. Why aren't you on Comedy Central?
I'm serious. Maynard looks like he's doing a Puscifer album soon, probably after the release and promotion and tour of the new Tool album. So that would roughly make it 4 years until the next Tool album if he does a Puscifer tour in the future. Add in things the other members may be doing. So Hopefully it will not be 5 years like the wait from ÆNIMA to Lateralus to 10,000 Days.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Side-splitting. Why aren't you on Comedy Central?
I'm serious. Maynard looks like he's doing a Puscifer album soon, probably after the release and promotion and tour of the new Tool album. So that would roughly make it 4 years until the next Tool album if he does a Puscifer tour in the future. Add in things the other members may be doing. So Hopefully it will not be 5 years like the wait from ÆNIMA to Lateralus to 10,000 Days.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
randomhero8823's Avatar randomhero8823
04-11-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descencia

ROTFLMAO!! THAT IS HBO SPECIAL WORTHY!! LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1657

Quote:

ElectroBoogieJack's Avatar ElectroBoogieJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
To quote them :

"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."

They don't say they won't make one, they say it's not in the plans right now.
Wow, considering how much talk there's been about how close the dvd is to being released over the last few years, him saying that they 'thought about it' is a little weird.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madklikor
To quote them :

"Q : Your fans have been waiting a long time for a DVD. What about this project?
Justin : We thought about that, but we were distracted by our desire to make a new album. We think it could be something nice, but we're not the kind of band to do things by halves, so this project is going to wait. The new album and the tour are our priorities."

They don't say they won't make one, they say it's not in the plans right now.
Wow, considering how much talk there's been about how close the dvd is to being released over the last few years, him saying that they 'thought about it' is a little weird.
spitcodfry's Avatar spitcodfry

Quote:
Well haven't they said in recent interviews that they prefer a gap like this? In order to grow and feel inspired enough to create something original? I'd sort of prefer it that way instead of getting a mediocre album that sounds too much like the previous one or a rehash of it.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #45
On Probation

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Well haven't they said in recent interviews that they prefer a gap like this? In order to grow and feel inspired enough to create something original? I'd sort of prefer it that way instead of getting a mediocre album that sounds too much like the previous one or a rehash of it.
Vaginal Replicator
04-11-2006, 05:23 PM

Well now we know why in the January newsletter when you click the Quija board the cursor moves to 0 for NADA.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #46
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Well now we know why in the January newsletter when you click the Quija board the cursor moves to 0 for NADA.
Descencia's Avatar Descencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomhero8823
...i'm just speculating but there won't be another Tool album only 2 years from now like the majority of artists/bands.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
...i'm just speculating but there won't be another Tool album only 2 years from now like the majority of artists/bands.
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ

Quote:

lets ask ourselves a question here...

all 4 members, being psychoactive enthusiasts, have HAD to have played some concerts under some sort of influence...

for fuck sake, i read somewhere that maynard can meditate himself to a shroom like reality...

so, how often do you think they actually play while fucked up?? its gotta be super hard to play drums like danny does on 4 grams of shrooms...
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #48
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:

all 4 members, being psychoactive enthusiasts, have HAD to have played some concerts under some sort of influence...

for fuck sake, i read somewhere that maynard can meditate himself to a shroom like reality...

so, how often do you think they actually play while fucked up?? its gotta be super hard to play drums like danny does on 4 grams of shrooms...
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I'm serious.
How about you wait to see how this album does before you go talking about the next one. If there's no A P C and they want to get Tool OFF their label, it might not be another 4 years. Anyone can guess that it will be based on their track record. Trent has even been doing the 5 year thing longer than Tool but now that he's also middle-aged, it seems the wait might not be as long based on what he's been saying and whatnot.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #49
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I'm serious.
How about you wait to see how this album does before you go talking about the next one. If there's no A P C and they want to get Tool OFF their label, it might not be another 4 years. Anyone can guess that it will be based on their track record. Trent has even been doing the 5 year thing longer than Tool but now that he's also middle-aged, it seems the wait might not be as long based on what he's been saying and whatnot.
KJM
04-11-2006, 05:25 PM

Quote:
what does that have do with Tool? Tool has a label. So does APC

last I knew that tool contract is running up.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #50
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Bincount™: 48

Quote:
what does that have do with Tool? Tool has a label. So does APC

last I knew that tool contract is running up.
04-11-2006, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitcodfry
Tool have conditioned us fans to the long wait between albums. Unlike other bands where you expect something every couple years, something new from Tool is more of an event than just an ordinary album. Just look at the amount of threads that pick apart every minute aspect and detail of the album before it's even out! They probably prefer it this way for themselves and we're the after effect but it makes things interesting.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Tool have conditioned us fans to the long wait between albums. Unlike other bands where you expect something every couple years, something new from Tool is more of an event than just an ordinary album. Just look at the amount of threads that pick apart every minute aspect and detail of the album before it's even out! They probably prefer it this way for themselves and we're the after effect but it makes things interesting.
fraz's Avatar fraz
04-11-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4v3n
All I can say is wow...Amy Lee...........yikes.
yeh scary thought. if APC continued with a different singer (say Billy took over as singer) would you go see them live and buy their next album?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
yeh scary thought. if APC continued with a different singer (say Billy took over as singer) would you go see them live and buy their next album?
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady

Amy Lee kicks Ass.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #53
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

Amy Lee kicks Ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz

fuck no billy sucks at singing
Old 04-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #54
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

fuck no billy sucks at singing
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Yup.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planet X

I doubt they'd want to be in such an intense state of mine while having to concentrate so hardly on the songs. If anything their yogic training greatly helps their ability to execute things without a hitch. Well...maybe MJK was on something at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE&search=maynard%20tool
Old 04-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #56
On Probation

Quote:

I doubt they'd want to be in such an intense state of mine while having to concentrate so hardly on the songs. If anything their yogic training greatly helps their ability to execute things without a hitch. Well...maybe MJK was on something at this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE&search=maynard%20tool

Yes i would and Amy Lee Kicks Ass and is Awesome.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #57
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

When I first heard an Evanescence song I thought that Amy Lee sounded like she is really influenced by Maynard's singing style a great deal.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

When I first heard an Evanescence song I thought that Amy Lee sounded like she is really influenced by Maynard's singing style a great deal.
04-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:

she has nice tits.... thats all.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

04-11-2006, 05:33 PM

She can flat out Blow. Blow as in Sing.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #60
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 05:42 PM

You should scan the rest of the article.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #61
Level 9 - Obstreperous

You should scan the rest of the article.
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Agreeed, Evanesence suck though.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #62
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Agreeed, Evanesence suck though.
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
you got something against females with amazing voices?

say what you will about the crappy music she sings to but you cant deny the chick has serious chops
Old 04-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #63
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
you got something against females with amazing voices?

say what you will about the crappy music she sings to but you cant deny the chick has serious chops
04-11-2006, 05:44 PM

Is anyone getting the new Live-Songs From Black Mountain? It comes out 5/9.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Is anyone getting the new Live-Songs From Black Mountain? It comes out 5/9.
Andorion's Avatar Andorion
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM

I don't mind APC being over so much, hopefully the next Tool album comes out in about two years, and Maynard is involved in the whole process... can you say "concept album"? =)
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #65
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

I don't mind APC being over so much, hopefully the next Tool album comes out in about two years, and Maynard is involved in the whole process... can you say "concept album"? =)
04-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Seriously people...watch Maynard fuck up during Parabola: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE&search=maynard%20tool

How often do you get to see a 40 year-old relive puberty?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #66
On Probation

Seriously people...watch Maynard fuck up during Parabola: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE&search=maynard%20tool

a_sirian_in_agony's Avatar a_sirian_in_agony
04-11-2006, 05:46 PM

billy could kick some ass singing...
Old 04-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #67
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 33

billy could kick some ass singing...
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM

and im sure everyone remembers that billy originally wanted a female singer to do the lead vocals for APC anyway
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #68
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

and im sure everyone remembers that billy originally wanted a female singer to do the lead vocals for APC anyway
DWdrummer
04-11-2006, 05:48 PM

amy lee? gimme a fucking break. shes about as metal as pat robertson. shes a cheesy quasi face-person, that can take her whiny voclas and and go blow her dad.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #69
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 5

amy lee? gimme a fucking break. shes about as metal as pat robertson. shes a cheesy quasi face-person, that can take her whiny voclas and and go blow her dad.
04-11-2006, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWdrummer
That's like a blabbermouth.net post.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWdrummer
That's like a blabbermouth.net post.
ElectroBoogieJack's Avatar ElectroBoogieJack
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicknickshady
Oh for christs sake, please learn how to capitalize letters properly, please? Please? I don't want to be overly picky but I know that people all over the internet on a few different boards have asked you to do that before.

APC with billy singing could be ok, but I'd prefer he find another singer.... which should be possible, APC being relatively well-known as it is.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:53 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Oh for christs sake, please learn how to capitalize letters properly, please? Please? I don't want to be overly picky but I know that people all over the internet on a few different boards have asked you to do that before.

APC with billy singing could be ok, but I'd prefer he find another singer.... which should be possible, APC being relatively well-known as it is.
Alex in Chains's Avatar Alex in Chains
04-11-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
i love mer de noms and 13th step....

honestly it might be better that they are over bc i dont think they can top those 2....just look at emotive (even tho i dont even consider it an apc album)...

but yea, 13th step could be one of the best cds ever.
Maybe, but probably not. There are plenty of other albums that are nearly 10% as good as Mer de Noms (which really could be one of the best records ever).
<ru5ty> wat
Old 04-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #72
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Bincount™: 2934

Quote:
i love mer de noms and 13th step....

honestly it might be better that they are over bc i dont think they can top those 2....just look at emotive (even tho i dont even consider it an apc album)...

but yea, 13th step could be one of the best cds ever.
Maybe, but probably not. There are plenty of other albums that are nearly 10% as good as Mer de Noms (which really could be one of the best records ever).
<ru5ty> wat
rimb's Avatar rimb

Well at least it's not going to be their last album.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Well at least it's not going to be their last album.
84 pontiac dream

Quote:

i had never seen that..
wow...that made me fucking laugh..
it's also extremly entertaining..
Old 04-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #74
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

i had never seen that..
04-11-2006, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 pontiac dream
i had never seen that..
I wonder if anyone on these boards was at that show. Wonder where it was. And how long it took Maynard to come back on stage after screwing up.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:58 PM   #75
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 pontiac dream
i had never seen that..
I wonder if anyone on these boards was at that show. Wonder where it was. And how long it took Maynard to come back on stage after screwing up.
04-11-2006, 06:01 PM

He wasn't concentrating hard enough.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

He wasn't concentrating hard enough.
Goldfoot
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah, good thing they don't takes themselves seriously....:p
Old 04-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #77
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Yeah, good thing they don't takes themselves seriously....:p
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:

hilarious
Old 04-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #78
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

Quote:

hilarious
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
04-11-2006, 06:03 PM

Quote:
I think it was providence, RI in fall of 2002 check concert reveiws
Old 04-11-2006, 06:03 PM   #79
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

Quote:
I think it was providence, RI in fall of 2002 check concert reveiws
I_kNOw_THE_I
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
she can flat out blow on my dick before she sucks it. because really that's all she's good for.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:10 PM   #80
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
she can flat out blow on my dick before she sucks it. because really that's all she's good for.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply