Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
justify_denials's Avatar justify_denials
04-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Vicarious, although I have not heard it I can tell you that it was made the way it was and released as a leak on purpose and planned as to make a song thats essentially a cover of their previous work as to not mis-lead people but as to make everyone judge the album by its cover before hearing it. How can a band that waits a really long time to release a new album that is very much different from its preceding album cover itsself now. What I am saying is that media is limiting the full story of the album. Just like media does to most things, ie T.V., radio. They can't release the full album on the radio, and nor do alot of stations like to play "long songs". The seven minute time frame of the song is purpose as to make people judge them by their cover. Then onto the "supposed" artwork......the alexgrey photo they used as tour prop that is now now black. It's only going to make people judge them by their cover and so far that seems to be the preceding theme (or one theme) of this upcoming album. People will slice and edit what they feel they want to. People will slice, butcher, massacre it. Media will do this and the forms of this media will be T.V., radio, and internet. Which have happened and which happened first? Internet (1) peoples minds translate thoughts and opinions and delusionizes facts about what they do not know......the upcoming album which is not released but has a song that is delusionalizing them. Internet is always avaible and up for discussions for people to participate in. Maybe we need to fucking relax?! Radio (2); radio can play the song once in awhile and most likely will continue to for along time due to you hear the song and thats it. Its harder to judge the band by its cover if you don't see the cover. T.V. (3); The worst chapter of the massacre? Here, on T.V., the music video will be judge because a presentation of visuals will be shown and only to hope we truly see the black tour prop photo to make this all the more tangible. If the video gets played on tv, MTV, or whatever (I don't watch that shit) it won't last long because people will start judging them by their cover and they will be seen as dark (yet again) and their videos banned or discontinued from rotation (whatever). What from here........? Insightful inqueries only, please.
Thanks.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 16
The album has been judged by its cover.

Vicarious, although I have not heard it I can tell you that it was made the way it was and released as a leak on purpose and planned as to make a song thats essentially a cover of their previous work as to not mis-lead people but as to make everyone judge the album by its cover before hearing it. How can a band that waits a really long time to release a new album that is very much different from its preceding album cover itsself now. What I am saying is that media is limiting the full story of the album. Just like media does to most things, ie T.V., radio. They can't release the full album on the radio, and nor do alot of stations like to play "long songs". The seven minute time frame of the song is purpose as to make people judge them by their cover. Then onto the "supposed" artwork......the alexgrey photo they used as tour prop that is now now black. It's only going to make people judge them by their cover and so far that seems to be the preceding theme (or one theme) of this upcoming album. People will slice and edit what they feel they want to. People will slice, butcher, massacre it. Media will do this and the forms of this media will be T.V., radio, and internet. Which have happened and which happened first? Internet (1) peoples minds translate thoughts and opinions and delusionizes facts about what they do not know......the upcoming album which is not released but has a song that is delusionalizing them. Internet is always avaible and up for discussions for people to participate in. Maybe we need to fucking relax?! Radio (2); radio can play the song once in awhile and most likely will continue to for along time due to you hear the song and thats it. Its harder to judge the band by its cover if you don't see the cover. T.V. (3); The worst chapter of the massacre? Here, on T.V., the music video will be judge because a presentation of visuals will be shown and only to hope we truly see the black tour prop photo to make this all the more tangible. If the video gets played on tv, MTV, or whatever (I don't watch that shit) it won't last long because people will start judging them by their cover and they will be seen as dark (yet again) and their videos banned or discontinued from rotation (whatever). What from here........? Insightful inqueries only, please.
Thanks.
04-15-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials
Thanks.
What are you 12?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: The album has been judged by its cover.

Quote:
Thanks.
What are you 12?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
04-15-2006, 11:26 PM

But, furthermore; there is more to it than the album has been judged by its cover. Its a fucking warzone of knee deep in the borderline of assholes and their ability to censor what they see fit to take away our freedom. Democracy? HAHA, write a movie called democracy and have it be about the signing of the declaration of independence. Classify the movie's genre as "Comedy" because freedom is really not common. In breaking the law do we truly have this freedom..........and by doing so we arnt even hurting anyone most of the time. Downloading a leak is, technicly speaking, not hurting a soul. So this is all one big spiral of shit hitting the fan thats going on right here and as I see tool has fucking laid it all out to us. Want to see it.....then you proboly wont. See it? Sure, you sure as fuck do!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

But, furthermore; there is more to it than the album has been judged by its cover. Its a fucking warzone of knee deep in the borderline of assholes and their ability to censor what they see fit to take away our freedom. Democracy? HAHA, write a movie called democracy and have it be about the signing of the declaration of independence. Classify the movie's genre as "Comedy" because freedom is really not common. In breaking the law do we truly have this freedom..........and by doing so we arnt even hurting anyone most of the time. Downloading a leak is, technicly speaking, not hurting a soul. So this is all one big spiral of shit hitting the fan thats going on right here and as I see tool has fucking laid it all out to us. Want to see it.....then you proboly wont. See it? Sure, you sure as fuck do!
04-15-2006, 11:27 PM

You make me hate Tool. Vicariously.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

04-15-2006, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
Statement: I did'nt make you do anything.
Question: Nor did TOOL?
Question #2: If your serious, why?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Statement: I did'nt make you do anything.
Question: Nor did TOOL?
Question #2: If your serious, why?
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM

i'm with ya justify_denials.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

To tell you the truth, I dont even know the definition of that word, and nor do I wish to know it at this moment. It sounds judging, but when the time is right in a few weeks, I will know it.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

To tell you the truth, I dont even know the definition of that word, and nor do I wish to know it at this moment. It sounds judging, but when the time is right in a few weeks, I will know it.

I really can't believe how retarded your post was. I really can't.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #8
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

04-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siel Yardman
Really? May I ask your opinions on this matter?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Really? May I ask your opinions on this matter?
04-15-2006, 11:34 PM

Quote:
you honestly don't know what the word vicarious means.....what are you 12?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
04-15-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:35 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
04-15-2006, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentollyopolis
No, im patient seeing as my dictionary is 3 feet away from me and I am not worried about it at the moment. This is not a life and death matter so I am not rushing to look it up.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:37 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentollyopolis
No, im patient seeing as my dictionary is 3 feet away from me and I am not worried about it at the moment. This is not a life and death matter so I am not rushing to look it up.
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM

And, www.dictionary.com is shit, its just shit. Their definitions are shit compared to a good dictionary so fuck most of you who proboly looked the word up on the internet!! A means of media used to judge and attack people anonymously (sp? i cant fucking spell it corrrectly right now.....)!!!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

And, www.dictionary.com is shit, its just shit. Their definitions are shit compared to a good dictionary so fuck most of you who proboly looked the word up on the internet!! A means of media used to judge and attack people anonymously (sp? i cant fucking spell it corrrectly right now.....)!!!
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Thats right, shut the fuck up and go back to using calculators and www.dictionary.com to figure everything out. Hope you like using your crystal balls because they really make you know alot huh?
Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Thats right, shut the fuck up and go back to using calculators and www.dictionary.com to figure everything out. Hope you like using your crystal balls because they really make you know alot huh?
04-15-2006, 11:46 PM

Fuckin idiots, get the fuck out of my thread!! You attack me anonymously (pussy way) I do it back!!!! Fuck.....
Old 04-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #15
Level 7 - Loquacious

Fuckin idiots, get the fuck out of my thread!! You attack me anonymously (pussy way) I do it back!!!! Fuck.....
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM

Vi·car·i·ous
Adj.

Occurring in an abnormal part of the body instead of the usual site involved in that function; "vicarious menstruation".
Old 04-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

Vi·car·i·ous
Adj.

Occurring in an abnormal part of the body instead of the usual site involved in that function; "vicarious menstruation".
04-15-2006, 11:49 PM

well i dont agree that it was leaked on purpose...although i have no reason to believe that it wasnt...

this band in particular breaks all barriers that a logical statement doesn't even fit in the discussion. i will agree that, although unorthodox, the long 'singles' tool produces are not mainstream, they do have a somewhat commercial vibe to them. i for one, absolute am in love with this vicarious song. people here will argue that it's re-used, recycled, material. great if that's how they view that's how they view it...

but the entire essence of the song is so simple that no lyrics embedded in it are ambiguous or are 'mysterious'. they are straight forward and to the point. a lot of tool fans have this expectation that maynards lyrics have this ambiguous, open interpretation to them that these particular words on this track don't make it "TOOL". they are wrong.

i believe that each album has progressed from the one proceeding it, and this one will be no different. anyone that bases an entire album, which they haven't heard, off one song, clearly is already so closed off to the fact that a band could actually produce something that didn't live up to their expectations. but if they would take the a step back and suck it all in, they'd realize this just sets the mood for the rest.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:49 PM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

well i dont agree that it was leaked on purpose...although i have no reason to believe that it wasnt...

this band in particular breaks all barriers that a logical statement doesn't even fit in the discussion. i will agree that, although unorthodox, the long 'singles' tool produces are not mainstream, they do have a somewhat commercial vibe to them. i for one, absolute am in love with this vicarious song. people here will argue that it's re-used, recycled, material. great if that's how they view that's how they view it...

but the entire essence of the song is so simple that no lyrics embedded in it are ambiguous or are 'mysterious'. they are straight forward and to the point. a lot of tool fans have this expectation that maynards lyrics have this ambiguous, open interpretation to them that these particular words on this track don't make it "TOOL". they are wrong.

i believe that each album has progressed from the one proceeding it, and this one will be no different. anyone that bases an entire album, which they haven't heard, off one song, clearly is already so closed off to the fact that a band could actually produce something that didn't live up to their expectations. but if they would take the a step back and suck it all in, they'd realize this just sets the mood for the rest.
Spongebob's Avatar Spongebob
04-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Quote:
dude, did you and other people actually read it?

i didn't.
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
Old 04-15-2006, 11:55 PM   #18
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1669

Quote:

i didn't.
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
Siel Yardman
04-15-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeboob

i didn't.
why would you post here without reading the opening post?

Last edited by Siel Yardman; 04-15-2006 at 11:58 PM..
Old 04-15-2006, 11:56 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeboob

i didn't.

Last edited by Siel Yardman; 04-15-2006 at 11:58 PM..
04-16-2006, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Stupidity.

To be in with the very sheep that seems to almost be protested by tool. Those judgin assholes. He just judged me by my cover basicly.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:11 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Stupidity.

To be in with the very sheep that seems to almost be protested by tool. Those judgin assholes. He just judged me by my cover basicly.
04-16-2006, 12:12 AM

Quote:

Thank you for your post.
Appreciate it.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Thank you for your post.
Appreciate it.
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM

i also think you have a point about judging a book by it's cover. i mean some of the people here are so caught up in comparing this song to older songs that they missed the point.

this particular song may sound like something familiar, much like if you watch tv, the same crap or news so blatantly plastered all over it, makes you become numb of new information. as the first single and an opener for the new album this song couldn't describe those same individuals better.

i need to watch things die....from a distance.....those lyrics even can sum up how people are on the internet. it's not just tv media its online media, published media, televised media. people are quick to judge, quick to make assumptions as long as it doesnt involve themselves. this is no different. the people that posted arrogant, ignorant statements here have just classified themselves into this category. they have automatically assimulated themselves into what the entire song speaks about.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i also think you have a point about judging a book by it's cover. i mean some of the people here are so caught up in comparing this song to older songs that they missed the point.

this particular song may sound like something familiar, much like if you watch tv, the same crap or news so blatantly plastered all over it, makes you become numb of new information. as the first single and an opener for the new album this song couldn't describe those same individuals better.

i need to watch things die....from a distance.....those lyrics even can sum up how people are on the internet. it's not just tv media its online media, published media, televised media. people are quick to judge, quick to make assumptions as long as it doesnt involve themselves. this is no different. the people that posted arrogant, ignorant statements here have just classified themselves into this category. they have automatically assimulated themselves into what the entire song speaks about.
04-16-2006, 12:52 AM

Quote:

yes!! exactly!!! thats a bit deeper into what I was thinking!!!! COOL MAN!

But yeah, I definately think that this is kind of what they were trying to head towards doing. For instance danny carry stated his drumming is going to be more simple on this album......like perhaps back to opiate roots, since once again, the band stated this album is suppose to be harder like the early work Opiate. Its like they are trying to say "why do you fans have expectations for our art? its our art. If we are going to do what you want then it would be your art." Did people have expectations for Van Gough or Da Vinci? The only people who should have expectations for tools art is tool and I think they fullfilled them.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

yes!! exactly!!! thats a bit deeper into what I was thinking!!!! COOL MAN!

But yeah, I definately think that this is kind of what they were trying to head towards doing. For instance danny carry stated his drumming is going to be more simple on this album......like perhaps back to opiate roots, since once again, the band stated this album is suppose to be harder like the early work Opiate. Its like they are trying to say "why do you fans have expectations for our art? its our art. If we are going to do what you want then it would be your art." Did people have expectations for Van Gough or Da Vinci? The only people who should have expectations for tools art is tool and I think they fullfilled them.
04-16-2006, 01:02 AM

I need to watch things die...

Old songs... past albums... bad experiences...?
Old 04-16-2006, 01:02 AM   #24
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Siel Yardman
04-16-2006, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin

if you'd like. interpretations are always welcomed.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:06 AM   #25
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

04-16-2006, 01:08 AM

Quote:

sure! Looking back at things.....Looking back at things because the music is suppose to be similar to older stuff? Wishing things are how they were? Less fame in the past.......it's open to interpretation really.......
Old 04-16-2006, 01:08 AM   #26
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

sure! Looking back at things.....Looking back at things because the music is suppose to be similar to older stuff? Wishing things are how they were? Less fame in the past.......it's open to interpretation really.......
04-16-2006, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Indeed, Indeed.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:10 AM   #27
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Indeed, Indeed.
04-16-2006, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Indeed, Indeed.
Maybe maynard felt he had his fame, thought he would let the other members shine a bit more....ya know, maynard being the mysterious singer that he is with his side band APC and lots of fame there.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:15 AM   #28
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Indeed, Indeed.
Maybe maynard felt he had his fame, thought he would let the other members shine a bit more....ya know, maynard being the mysterious singer that he is with his side band APC and lots of fame there.
04-16-2006, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Have you ever seen them live?

Maynard fucking chills in the background all the time. And noone is complaining when they see this at a Tool show. This sounds like a live Track, to me... Tool literally sound like they are playing directly from a DAT, during their live shows.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:19 AM   #29
Banned.

Quote:

Maynard fucking chills in the background all the time. And noone is complaining when they see this at a Tool show. This sounds like a live Track, to me... Tool literally sound like they are playing directly from a DAT, during their live shows.
hateAliases
04-16-2006, 01:22 AM

Quote:

great man, *applauses* finally some thinking here, like it.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #30
On Probation

Bincount™: 31

Quote:

great man, *applauses* finally some thinking here, like it.
mustbevicarious
04-16-2006, 01:22 AM

I love you, because you are.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 AM   #31
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 94

I love you, because you are.
04-16-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:

Well, I've seen reviews with people complaining about maynard doing that.....I think alot of people expect him to be up front all the time because he is the singer. But im not to know entirely.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #32
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Well, I've seen reviews with people complaining about maynard doing that.....I think alot of people expect him to be up front all the time because he is the singer. But im not to know entirely.
04-16-2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
The only reason that I don't absolutely hate Maynard, is because he's not a Primadonna... he's not SUPPOSED to be a focal point. He's just a very small fraction of Tool. He would be worthless without his band--so he stands back with the band. I think thats a class move, personally.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:21 AM   #33
Banned.

Quote:
The only reason that I don't absolutely hate Maynard, is because he's not a Primadonna... he's not SUPPOSED to be a focal point. He's just a very small fraction of Tool. He would be worthless without his band--so he stands back with the band. I think thats a class move, personally.
Siel Yardman
04-16-2006, 02:28 AM

class defines tool.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:28 AM   #34
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

class defines tool.
auralassassin
04-16-2006, 02:33 AM

Quote:
class defines tool.
yea, and none of them spend too much time humping speakers and shit, or giving speeches when they play. They play music... for 2-3 hours, nothing but music. You see pretty much darkness, and whatever magic tricks they are performing visually... fucking amazing shows....

every time I see them is a tear-jerker. I love the fact that every member of Tool realizes that THEY aren't shit, the MUSIC is what counts. That's why Tool are still around, while others who started at the same time as them are dead and buried.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:33 AM   #35
Banned.

Quote:
class defines tool.
yea, and none of them spend too much time humping speakers and shit, or giving speeches when they play. They play music... for 2-3 hours, nothing but music. You see pretty much darkness, and whatever magic tricks they are performing visually... fucking amazing shows....

every time I see them is a tear-jerker. I love the fact that every member of Tool realizes that THEY aren't shit, the MUSIC is what counts. That's why Tool are still around, while others who started at the same time as them are dead and buried.
Siel Yardman
04-16-2006, 02:34 AM

Quote:

100% truth
Old 04-16-2006, 02:34 AM   #36
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

100% truth
04-16-2006, 03:45 AM

Quote:

When I saw the lateralus tour, I was into them but not alot......The live show had such great atmosphere......It was'nt like just a concert with a bunch of musicians you watch them play at that is the highlight of the show.....tool is'nt that live at all. I remember maynard in the back, in front of the screen, danny more off to the side....Justin sticking out the most......it was about the music and the show....not the band members. The greatest fucking thing to see in the dark.......
Old 04-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

When I saw the lateralus tour, I was into them but not alot......The live show had such great atmosphere......It was'nt like just a concert with a bunch of musicians you watch them play at that is the highlight of the show.....tool is'nt that live at all. I remember maynard in the back, in front of the screen, danny more off to the side....Justin sticking out the most......it was about the music and the show....not the band members. The greatest fucking thing to see in the dark.......
04-16-2006, 03:49 AM

Quote:
yeah, he does'nt act a egotistical asshole trying to get everyone to like him by acting "cool" and flashy. They just are not the normal band, its not possible to expect everyone to understand a class move.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:49 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
yeah, he does'nt act a egotistical asshole trying to get everyone to like him by acting "cool" and flashy. They just are not the normal band, its not possible to expect everyone to understand a class move.
04-16-2006, 04:10 AM

"delusionalizing" You're makingupizing words.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:10 AM   #39
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

auralassassin
04-16-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay
It's all a part of the Strategery, dear friend.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:11 AM   #40
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay
It's all a part of the Strategery, dear friend.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply