Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
absolutezero's Avatar absolutezero
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM

There really is no doubt what so ever about the album title now. I think we can put all our ideas about the other titles to rest. I'm sure the speculation about 10,000 Years will heat up now though.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:01 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10,000 Days shipped...or getting ready to

There really is no doubt what so ever about the album title now. I think we can put all our ideas about the other titles to rest. I'm sure the speculation about 10,000 Years will heat up now though.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
RedVilliam
04-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Sounds legit, and we know that these things (shipping, receiving, pricing, etc.) have to happen and this is about the time they do happen. I guess the big concession now is that 10,000 days is actually the album name.
every rule?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

Sounds legit, and we know that these things (shipping, receiving, pricing, etc.) have to happen and this is about the time they do happen. I guess the big concession now is that 10,000 days is actually the album name.
every rule?
psims23
04-04-2006, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutezero

Ya think? I just think it's funny that a lot of you bitches doubted it from the beginning.... and most of you doubted it's legitimacy because it didn't fit in to what your preconceptions or predispositions of what a "Tool album SHOULD be called." You fuckers didn't write the album, they did.. sometimes I think a lot of you people forget that... that or you have way too much time on your hands. This doesn't go out to everyone here, a lot of you peeps are cool cats with some good stuff to say, keep that ol' mind open ;)
Old 04-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutezero

Ya think? I just think it's funny that a lot of you bitches doubted it from the beginning.... and most of you doubted it's legitimacy because it didn't fit in to what your preconceptions or predispositions of what a "Tool album SHOULD be called." You fuckers didn't write the album, they did.. sometimes I think a lot of you people forget that... that or you have way too much time on your hands. This doesn't go out to everyone here, a lot of you peeps are cool cats with some good stuff to say, keep that ol' mind open ;)
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM

Of course 10,000 Days is the album name.

As for the fact that you can modify the entry...It sends the request to them and they review it--you cant just change it on the fly. I just tried it.

This confirms 10,000 Days, once and for all. Though, there hasn't been any legitimate or reasonable question as to its legitimacy for about 3 weeks now. Anybody who is still being skeptical is just that way because A) they really don't like the name/titles and are hoping it'll be something different or B) they're going out of their way to be a cynic.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Of course 10,000 Days is the album name.

As for the fact that you can modify the entry...It sends the request to them and they review it--you cant just change it on the fly. I just tried it.

This confirms 10,000 Days, once and for all. Though, there hasn't been any legitimate or reasonable question as to its legitimacy for about 3 weeks now. Anybody who is still being skeptical is just that way because A) they really don't like the name/titles and are hoping it'll be something different or B) they're going out of their way to be a cynic.
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM

I sincerely hope that you are a reliable person, since they tend to be rare on this board. But so far it seems you are, so this is exciting.

Maybe one of you guys will have some information for us tomorrow. The other guy that works at a warehouse should at least try and see if its on their own system.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #45
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

I sincerely hope that you are a reliable person, since they tend to be rare on this board. But so far it seems you are, so this is exciting.

Maybe one of you guys will have some information for us tomorrow. The other guy that works at a warehouse should at least try and see if its on their own system.
Nebel

wtf they sent it out this early? that's.. a really wrong move, how are they gonna prevent the leaks this time?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

wtf they sent it out this early? that's.. a really wrong move, how are they gonna prevent the leaks this time?
absolutezero's Avatar absolutezero

Quote:
Originally Posted by psims23
Personally I have no issues with the title or track names etc, like the fans really care what they're called anyway. As long as music is good, who gives a shit.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by psims23
Personally I have no issues with the title or track names etc, like the fans really care what they're called anyway. As long as music is good, who gives a shit.
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
I agree with this. But at this point I feel like I haven't really understood any move their management has made since they completed the album, so I honestly just gave up trying to.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:13 PM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
I agree with this. But at this point I feel like I haven't really understood any move their management has made since they completed the album, so I honestly just gave up trying to.
psims23
04-04-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
nice number of posts bro ;) that means you gotta spark a J now
Old 04-04-2006, 10:16 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
nice number of posts bro ;) that means you gotta spark a J now
jasonchristopher's Avatar jasonchristopher
04-04-2006, 10:17 PM

I really hope that this is true, but I have a hard time believing that it would be shipped out a month before release knowing the lengths tool goes to protect their work from leaking.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #50
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I really hope that this is true, but I have a hard time believing that it would be shipped out a month before release knowing the lengths tool goes to protect their work from leaking.
04-04-2006, 10:26 PM

Stealing it would be easy Prison...but thats up to you. If Circuit City gets it that day, others will too. Somewhere, someone will leak it.

I can't legally purchase anything until the release date. The store won't sell products until the street date. We had a few huge Harry Potter nuts at work, and they still had to come in the next day to buy it, or go somewhere else for a midnight sale...and we had it for 3 weeks before the release. Granted, the chances of them getting caught selling ONE employee a CD early is slim to none, but with big business, and in turn big fines, they don't even risk it.

As for the price, thats what it is at this moment. Im assuming its normal price, and DPS (our database system) won't change it until the week of the sale. Then it should be $9.99 seing as most major releases are $10 the first week of sales. This was the first time it had printed out (basically it was scanned into the system at our HQ...meaning someone either was given the physical CD to scan in, or given the UPC code by the CD manufactuer). We just printed tags for the sale on Saturday, so this had to be done since then.

I posted this figuring few would believe me...but thats cool. I understand. I would probablly feel the same way. We take pictures at work all the time w/ the cameras and print them off on one of the printers. If/when it comes in, Ill snap a pic. I truely believe though, by that time, someone will have beaten me by a day or so to the punch. We are a large business, and things have to trickle down, while others have them directly shipped.

Oh well...enjoy
Old 04-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Stealing it would be easy Prison...but thats up to you. If Circuit City gets it that day, others will too. Somewhere, someone will leak it.

I can't legally purchase anything until the release date. The store won't sell products until the street date. We had a few huge Harry Potter nuts at work, and they still had to come in the next day to buy it, or go somewhere else for a midnight sale...and we had it for 3 weeks before the release. Granted, the chances of them getting caught selling ONE employee a CD early is slim to none, but with big business, and in turn big fines, they don't even risk it.

As for the price, thats what it is at this moment. Im assuming its normal price, and DPS (our database system) won't change it until the week of the sale. Then it should be $9.99 seing as most major releases are $10 the first week of sales. This was the first time it had printed out (basically it was scanned into the system at our HQ...meaning someone either was given the physical CD to scan in, or given the UPC code by the CD manufactuer). We just printed tags for the sale on Saturday, so this had to be done since then.

I posted this figuring few would believe me...but thats cool. I understand. I would probablly feel the same way. We take pictures at work all the time w/ the cameras and print them off on one of the printers. If/when it comes in, Ill snap a pic. I truely believe though, by that time, someone will have beaten me by a day or so to the punch. We are a large business, and things have to trickle down, while others have them directly shipped.

Oh well...enjoy
mattw
04-04-2006, 10:31 PM

Thanks lachrymotion for all the info - I'm looking forward to seeing at least the actual cd and its cover...

But you are right - someone will probably beat you to it, as well as leaking the whole album etc.

Thanks again though!
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
Old 04-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 27

Thanks lachrymotion for all the info - I'm looking forward to seeing at least the actual cd and its cover...

But you are right - someone will probably beat you to it, as well as leaking the whole album etc.

Thanks again though!
22/04/02 Brisbane, 21/01/07 Gold Coast BDO, 24/01/07 Sydney, 25/01/07 Sydney BDO, 31/01/07 Melbourne, 11/07/10 San Francisco, 12/07/10 Sacramento, 14/07/10 San Diego, 24/01/11 Brisbane, 27/04/13 Melbourne, 3/05/13 Sydney, 4/05/13 Sydney, 6/01/16 San Francisco, 7/01/16 San Francisco, 9/01/16 San Diego, 10/01/16 San Diego
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM

i wanted to clarify that i didn't think you were lying. i thought that maybe there could be some other for it, maybe clerical. But i do appreciate you posting this. thanks.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i wanted to clarify that i didn't think you were lying. i thought that maybe there could be some other for it, maybe clerical. But i do appreciate you posting this. thanks.
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM

I was kidding of course.

Oh and a reminder to those in "Something Tomorrow" Land. "In Transit" does not mean "It will be in at tomorrow's unloading".
Old 04-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

I was kidding of course.

Oh and a reminder to those in "Something Tomorrow" Land. "In Transit" does not mean "It will be in at tomorrow's unloading".
spitcodfry's Avatar spitcodfry
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM

lachrymotion just curious...you living in the states or elsewhere? It would make sense for you to get it so early seeing how aussies are getting it early (I think that info is correct). Just a matter of time before some Tool zealot risks life and limb to leak this thing to the masses. It will happen, oh yes it will.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #55
On Probation

Bincount™: 19

lachrymotion just curious...you living in the states or elsewhere? It would make sense for you to get it so early seeing how aussies are getting it early (I think that info is correct). Just a matter of time before some Tool zealot risks life and limb to leak this thing to the masses. It will happen, oh yes it will.
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
04-04-2006, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymotion
I figured there would be naysayers

You're wrong!

sorry...couldn't let you down...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #56
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachrymotion
I figured there would be naysayers

You're wrong!

04-04-2006, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
You're wrong!

Whoa cool avatar. Did you do that yourself? Pretty good. That would be nice to see on the cover actually.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #57
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
You're wrong!

Whoa cool avatar. Did you do that yourself? Pretty good. That would be nice to see on the cover actually.
Dianoetic's Avatar Dianoetic

Sounds legit enough. If its coming out on the 28th in some European countries then that only leaves about 3 weeks for distribution, which isnt that long considering the scale of things.
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
Old 04-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #58
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 18668

Sounds legit enough. If its coming out on the 28th in some European countries then that only leaves about 3 weeks for distribution, which isnt that long considering the scale of things.
She, AS PLANNED, sat in the front row, repeatedly stripping her over clothes and completely pulling up her dress and slip and pulling aside her old-fashioned pink BLOOMERS in order to display her ANUS, her CUNT. She repeatedly gesticulated and whispered: "I’ll give it to you to suck! FINISH HIM!" - FRANCIS E. DEC
Melkari's Avatar Melkari

I checked the database at Best Buy today, and indeed, there's a UPC entry for it now. Our store didn't have any in-transit though. I'm sure Twin Falls, Idaho isn't exactly a top priority, so we probably won't get it until a week or at most two before release. If his Circuit City has some in-transit, then it won't be long before Best Buy has them as well. I'll keep checking each day.

As for selling things early...it's impossible to prevent things from going up early sometimes. New people don't like to read the release date stickers on the boxes and they just throw them on the shelves as soon as they come in. That's what I do as a third-party. I try to keep things like that from happening in the store. But given even one hour by themselves and they'll mess it up and dozens of people will buy it. If the company finds out, there are huge fines. But honestly, it happens more often than you'd think and nothing happens as a result. It wouldn't be too hard to "accidentally" put them out early and "someone" buys one a week early.

I know at our Best Buy, it's possible to purchase something despite what the computer says the release is. I know some stores will block the transaction, but I saw at least 25 people had bought Land of the Dead a week early when some idiot fucked up before I got to work. It can and will happen, somewhere. If they've already started sending copies to the warehouses, expect a leak really shortly after they arrive.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 119

I checked the database at Best Buy today, and indeed, there's a UPC entry for it now. Our store didn't have any in-transit though. I'm sure Twin Falls, Idaho isn't exactly a top priority, so we probably won't get it until a week or at most two before release. If his Circuit City has some in-transit, then it won't be long before Best Buy has them as well. I'll keep checking each day.

As for selling things early...it's impossible to prevent things from going up early sometimes. New people don't like to read the release date stickers on the boxes and they just throw them on the shelves as soon as they come in. That's what I do as a third-party. I try to keep things like that from happening in the store. But given even one hour by themselves and they'll mess it up and dozens of people will buy it. If the company finds out, there are huge fines. But honestly, it happens more often than you'd think and nothing happens as a result. It wouldn't be too hard to "accidentally" put them out early and "someone" buys one a week early.

I know at our Best Buy, it's possible to purchase something despite what the computer says the release is. I know some stores will block the transaction, but I saw at least 25 people had bought Land of the Dead a week early when some idiot fucked up before I got to work. It can and will happen, somewhere. If they've already started sending copies to the warehouses, expect a leak really shortly after they arrive.
04-04-2006, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitcodfry
http://www.toolcollector.net/fake_artwork/8.jpg
Old 04-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #60
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

Quote:
http://www.toolcollector.net/fake_artwork/8.jpg
04-04-2006, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
I wasn't speaking of you personally...and even if I was, I would understand your suspesion (I can't spell).

Hell...this is my 3rd TOOL release Ive gone through, the 2nd since the golden age of the internet....its hard to believe anything.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #61
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I wasn't speaking of you personally...and even if I was, I would understand your suspesion (I can't spell).

Hell...this is my 3rd TOOL release Ive gone through, the 2nd since the golden age of the internet....its hard to believe anything.
just simulacra's Avatar just simulacra
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM

The only thing I am really keeping in mind is the fact that LATERALUS only leaked a few days before the official release. Kabir was in IRC snaking out the tracks. He did half the album one day, and the other half the next.

That was the earliest leak heard of ... granted, that was 5 years ago ... but manufacturing/shipping/pirating procedures shouldn't have changed that much?

Any comments?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

The only thing I am really keeping in mind is the fact that LATERALUS only leaked a few days before the official release. Kabir was in IRC snaking out the tracks. He did half the album one day, and the other half the next.

That was the earliest leak heard of ... granted, that was 5 years ago ... but manufacturing/shipping/pirating procedures shouldn't have changed that much?

Any comments?
04-04-2006, 10:40 PM

Yeah, I work at BOrders and it doesnt say anything about it transit for us (although if it was in transit it would say so.) The sad thing is, we don't even have any on order (not entirely true, we have one on order for me). So do yourselves a favor and don't buy the cd at borders (I think we're selling it for 18.99, complete rip-off), buy it at Target or Walmart (if you do buy it walmart it will be super cheap, but you've got to make sure it's not the clean version, they love to sell censored music there)
Old 04-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #63
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yeah, I work at BOrders and it doesnt say anything about it transit for us (although if it was in transit it would say so.) The sad thing is, we don't even have any on order (not entirely true, we have one on order for me). So do yourselves a favor and don't buy the cd at borders (I think we're selling it for 18.99, complete rip-off), buy it at Target or Walmart (if you do buy it walmart it will be super cheap, but you've got to make sure it's not the clean version, they love to sell censored music there)
04-04-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkari

I bought the Kill Bill DVD 4 days before release AND for 10 cents from Best Buy. Strangest barcode fuck up I've ever seen.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #64
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkari

I bought the Kill Bill DVD 4 days before release AND for 10 cents from Best Buy. Strangest barcode fuck up I've ever seen.
Sleep
04-04-2006, 10:44 PM

Suspicion.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #65
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Suspicion.
KJM

I've bought copies of cds early from friends at record stores. Namely lateralus which I was able to buy about 5 days before it actually came out.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #66
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Bincount™: 48

I've bought copies of cds early from friends at record stores. Namely lateralus which I was able to buy about 5 days before it actually came out.

Yea Im from the States...Middle America...yay

Thats odd about Best Buy. If we accidentily put something out before the release date, and someone tries to purchase it, it says (in the case of TOOL for example) "Item not able for purchase until release date of 05/02/06". We then have to do cycle counts (long boring, bullshit of a job) and make sure EVERY one we had is accountable for...if not...we have to write up some major paperwork. Can be a 4-5 hour process. Chances of suspension...etc. They don't take it lightly..and Ive had to do it before...so I try not to fuck it up too much

Though...even if CC, or myself personally won't get our hands on a copy and do whatever w/ it...someone will.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Yea Im from the States...Middle America...yay

Thats odd about Best Buy. If we accidentily put something out before the release date, and someone tries to purchase it, it says (in the case of TOOL for example) "Item not able for purchase until release date of 05/02/06". We then have to do cycle counts (long boring, bullshit of a job) and make sure EVERY one we had is accountable for...if not...we have to write up some major paperwork. Can be a 4-5 hour process. Chances of suspension...etc. They don't take it lightly..and Ive had to do it before...so I try not to fuck it up too much

Though...even if CC, or myself personally won't get our hands on a copy and do whatever w/ it...someone will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist
10 cents?! WTF. You'd think even the slow folk who work there would go ask a manager for clarification if any product short of gum rang up to that.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #68
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozy Eulogist
10 cents?! WTF. You'd think even the slow folk who work there would go ask a manager for clarification if any product short of gum rang up to that.
04-04-2006, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just simulacra

Any comments?

In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later. There really isn't a set and true timetable for it... there are just probabilities of when it will happen, given the average shipping dates and such.

It is possible that CC put it in the system that way because it is the beginning process for their entire distribution channels... it may be in that phase for weeks for all we know.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Any comments?

In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later. There really isn't a set and true timetable for it... there are just probabilities of when it will happen, given the average shipping dates and such.

It is possible that CC put it in the system that way because it is the beginning process for their entire distribution channels... it may be in that phase for weeks for all we know.
The Official Fiction's Avatar The Official Fiction
04-04-2006, 10:56 PM

a friend of mine was fortunate enough to stumble upon a similar fuck up on cdon.com and got the Band Of Brothers DVD-boxset for a mesely 10 euros.

10 cents though, as far as fuck ups go, is pretty outstanding.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 PM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

a friend of mine was fortunate enough to stumble upon a similar fuck up on cdon.com and got the Band Of Brothers DVD-boxset for a mesely 10 euros.

10 cents though, as far as fuck ups go, is pretty outstanding.
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later.
The fact that 10k days hasn't leaked yet isn't that surprising. No leaks from Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Live, RHCP, Audioslave or Goo Goo dolls yet either. Or are there?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
In this industry, things change so much that nothing would surprise me at this point. I've seen a band keep an EP from leaking until AFTER it was released and then see the entire LP leak months early a year later.
The fact that 10k days hasn't leaked yet isn't that surprising. No leaks from Pearl Jam , Godsmack, Live, RHCP, Audioslave or Goo Goo dolls yet either. Or are there?
04-04-2006, 11:04 PM

Quote:

Any comments?

Thats odd seeing as i had lateralus a month and a half before it came out. But if you say so
Old 04-04-2006, 11:04 PM   #72
On Probation

Bincount™: 14

Quote:

Any comments?

Thats odd seeing as i had lateralus a month and a half before it came out. But if you say so
KJM
04-04-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Official Fiction

uh, you're so very very wrong. you're not looking in the right places. btw some of those releases aren't suppose to come out for a long time still (audioslave, who the hell knows anything about the goo goo dolls?) and you can't base anything off that.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #73
KJM
MJK impostor, 2002

Bincount™: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Official Fiction

uh, you're so very very wrong. you're not looking in the right places. btw some of those releases aren't suppose to come out for a long time still (audioslave, who the hell knows anything about the goo goo dolls?) and you can't base anything off that.
04-04-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if it's marked/comes up that way they have to complete the sale with that price.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #74
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if it's marked/comes up that way they have to complete the sale with that price.
just simulacra's Avatar just simulacra
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokb8

A month and a half before it came out?

That's pretty impressive. As far as I knew, that leak I spoke of was the first.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:11 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokb8

A month and a half before it came out?

That's pretty impressive. As far as I knew, that leak I spoke of was the first.
04-04-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Heh if you know the right place for the new RHCP please do PM me.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:12 PM   #76
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJM
Heh if you know the right place for the new RHCP please do PM me.
paraology
04-04-2006, 11:15 PM

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people. My god, the album comes out in a measley 27 fucking days. You've waited almost 5 years for the new album so what is 27 more days. I can't believe the talk on here about people dying to get their hands on a leak. You don't deserve to call yourself a true tool fan for your intent to find and d/l these leak, and you dont deserve to even be on this board. This is fucking rediculous. You could discipline yourself to avoid the leaks and wait for the release and you will be thankful that you did. Once the album is released but youve already been listening to a leaked copy for 3 weeks, your excitement is dead.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #77
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

What the fuck is wrong with some of you people. My god, the album comes out in a measley 27 fucking days. You've waited almost 5 years for the new album so what is 27 more days. I can't believe the talk on here about people dying to get their hands on a leak. You don't deserve to call yourself a true tool fan for your intent to find and d/l these leak, and you dont deserve to even be on this board. This is fucking rediculous. You could discipline yourself to avoid the leaks and wait for the release and you will be thankful that you did. Once the album is released but youve already been listening to a leaked copy for 3 weeks, your excitement is dead.
04-04-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraology
Please come down off your high horse.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:16 PM   #78
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Please come down off your high horse.
04-04-2006, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Whats up everyone,
I'm doubting that it'll be at stores for a few weeks still, it's probably "in transit" to the warehouses. We still got 22 days peeps! I'm also still hoping that the album title is a hoax. TooL knows how easy it is to manipulate the public, and have easily done it (at least Im hopin that's what it is). They gave an album title and tracklist, and an album mini, which is a greyscale version of THIS, the big face on the left, and the public ran with it and now it's what it is. Tool, one of the most original bands in the world, is gonna just copy a peice of that for their album cover, then call it a rip-off of Disturbed's latest? I just really honestly have a hard time beleiving that my favorite non-conformist original badass band can't even come up with originality as far as these items are concerned. Regardless the outcome of this stuff, I'm sure the album is going to rule, no doubt about it. I'm just still not believing it until I see actual printed material, like promo posters or the real album artwork. It's easy to change the album name on some price tags, just like changing the price. That doesn't mean it's 100%, at least in my opinion. I haven't seen any concrete printed material that makes it a definite positive about any of this information.

Call it hopes or dreams or whatever, I just hope TooL didn't lose that originality that I love about them.

Last edited by Briznitch; 04-04-2006 at 11:21 PM..
Old 04-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #79
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

Quote:
Whats up everyone,
I'm doubting that it'll be at stores for a few weeks still, it's probably "in transit" to the warehouses. We still got 22 days peeps! I'm also still hoping that the album title is a hoax. TooL knows how easy it is to manipulate the public, and have easily done it (at least Im hopin that's what it is). They gave an album title and tracklist, and an album mini, which is a greyscale version of THIS, the big face on the left, and the public ran with it and now it's what it is. Tool, one of the most original bands in the world, is gonna just copy a peice of that for their album cover, then call it a rip-off of Disturbed's latest? I just really honestly have a hard time beleiving that my favorite non-conformist original badass band can't even come up with originality as far as these items are concerned. Regardless the outcome of this stuff, I'm sure the album is going to rule, no doubt about it. I'm just still not believing it until I see actual printed material, like promo posters or the real album artwork. It's easy to change the album name on some price tags, just like changing the price. That doesn't mean it's 100%, at least in my opinion. I haven't seen any concrete printed material that makes it a definite positive about any of this information.

Call it hopes or dreams or whatever, I just hope TooL didn't lose that originality that I love about them.

Last edited by Briznitch; 04-04-2006 at 11:21 PM..
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I don't feel guilty in the least about downloading a leak. I'm one impatient mother fucker. Part of that no guilt comes from the fact that I've purchased every Tool CD release thus far and don't plan on stopping that tradition. So please do get off that horse. It is chapped sir.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:18 PM   #80
On Probation

Quote:
I don't feel guilty in the least about downloading a leak. I'm one impatient mother fucker. Part of that no guilt comes from the fact that I've purchased every Tool CD release thus far and don't plan on stopping that tradition. So please do get off that horse. It is chapped sir.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply