Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
godhenry
03-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Without intending to interpret whether the album cover on amazon.com is legit, i'm going to say this:

it's possible, and not unusual, if tool or volcano send some image to amazon to be used as a place-holder in order to promote presales.

just a thought...
Old 03-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38
Re: new album cover on amazon

Without intending to interpret whether the album cover on amazon.com is legit, i'm going to say this:

it's possible, and not unusual, if tool or volcano send some image to amazon to be used as a place-holder in order to promote presales.

just a thought...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-21-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry

just a thought...
god damn I fucking hope so.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry

just a thought...
god damn I fucking hope so.
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
03-21-2006, 04:55 PM

Oh my god, that looks terrible. They HAVE to be joking.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

tentonmantra's Avatar tentonmantra
03-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnolia
if people here agree, let´s make a petittion to Tool asking them to stop pressing the new (supposed) artwork and use my fake cover instead!

not that´s a cool proposal, huh???
Old 03-21-2006, 04:57 PM   #44
On Probation

Quote:
if people here agree, let´s make a petittion to Tool asking them to stop pressing the new (supposed) artwork and use my fake cover instead!

not that´s a cool proposal, huh???
NoD
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM

Lucy LAWLess, people are still believing this cover is real hahahah... cuz it's not hahahaha *breaks into sweat* hahahahahahahaa you'll see hahahahahahaha*wipes sweat* hahahahahhahahahhaha........ =/

Where the fuck did amazon get the 10,000 days font/logo?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #45
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Lucy LAWLess, people are still believing this cover is real hahahah... cuz it's not hahahaha *breaks into sweat* hahahahahahahaa you'll see hahahahahahaha*wipes sweat* hahahahahhahahahhaha........ =/

Where the fuck did amazon get the 10,000 days font/logo?
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal
Eh uma pena pá... esse dia vai ser muito bom, alem do mais vai Deftones e Alice In Chains!

Bem, estava-me a questionar sobre isso... se não foi publicado exactamente igual no site oficial, podem bem ser bem criado pela amazon. Mas de qualquer maneira, só acredito quando o album sair realmente para as lojas ou haja uma prova fisica da sua existencia. Com tanta especulação neste forum, já nem sei em o que acreditar, portanto vou continuar no meu septicismo. Mas por acaso, até gosto bastante desta capa e se for a oficial, deve haver algo mais do que simples papel imprimido...
margorp eht htiw teg .hsilgne htiw kcits ew yas i hsilgne ni stsop rieht epyt elpoep fo ytirojam eht esuaceb
Old 03-21-2006, 04:58 PM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal
Eh uma pena pá... esse dia vai ser muito bom, alem do mais vai Deftones e Alice In Chains!

Bem, estava-me a questionar sobre isso... se não foi publicado exactamente igual no site oficial, podem bem ser bem criado pela amazon. Mas de qualquer maneira, só acredito quando o album sair realmente para as lojas ou haja uma prova fisica da sua existencia. Com tanta especulação neste forum, já nem sei em o que acreditar, portanto vou continuar no meu septicismo. Mas por acaso, até gosto bastante desta capa e se for a oficial, deve haver algo mais do que simples papel imprimido...
margorp eht htiw teg .hsilgne htiw kcits ew yas i hsilgne ni stsop rieht epyt elpoep fo ytirojam eht esuaceb
magnolia's Avatar magnolia
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM

If this was legit, Blair would definately have posted this on ToolBand or ToolArmy before it went up on Amazon. I think Amazon needs to hire new interns to update their "upcoming releases" catalog. Maybe someone reasonable who doesn't post the first piece of fan art they come across?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:00 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

If this was legit, Blair would definately have posted this on ToolBand or ToolArmy before it went up on Amazon. I think Amazon needs to hire new interns to update their "upcoming releases" catalog. Maybe someone reasonable who doesn't post the first piece of fan art they come across?
Exoskeletal's Avatar Exoskeletal
03-21-2006, 05:01 PM

tentonmantra started talking in portuguese, so I just replied him lol
Don't take me wrong...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #48
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 16

tentonmantra started talking in portuguese, so I just replied him lol
Don't take me wrong...
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out." - Timothy Leary
EasilySeenCircularProblem

Quote:
i thought everyone was saying that "the name/pic can't be real because its NOT on amazon!"?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #49

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
i thought everyone was saying that "the name/pic can't be real because its NOT on amazon!"?

oh my oh my oh my
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #50
On Probation

oh my oh my oh my
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch

Coming from a person who actually makes money doing album art design, an enterprise like Tool (seriously at this point their status exceeds that of "band") would NEVER put that shit out to represent their newest artistic endeavor. Adam, the artist of the band, has gone on record saying this is their heaviest and best record to date. Any self-respecting artist would NEVER approve that to be the final visual depiction of their best work.

At this point, this shit is just getting plain silly.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Coming from a person who actually makes money doing album art design, an enterprise like Tool (seriously at this point their status exceeds that of "band") would NEVER put that shit out to represent their newest artistic endeavor. Adam, the artist of the band, has gone on record saying this is their heaviest and best record to date. Any self-respecting artist would NEVER approve that to be the final visual depiction of their best work.

At this point, this shit is just getting plain silly.
benpink's Avatar benpink
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM

people...go to just www.amazon.com , then search 'Tool' you will find it still says 'no image available'. This is the same trick Blair pointed out with the German amazon site. That flower of life artwork, albeit fake as well, was better tho

EDIT:
I hit the refresh button...the new artwork is on the real amazon site. when i saw that it wasn't at first, i got my hopes up and posted before thinking it through, sorry, ignore my post. still can't be legit IMO

Last edited by benpink; 03-21-2006 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: nevermind
Old 03-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #52

Bincount™: 0

people...go to just www.amazon.com , then search 'Tool' you will find it still says 'no image available'. This is the same trick Blair pointed out with the German amazon site. That flower of life artwork, albeit fake as well, was better tho

EDIT:
I hit the refresh button...the new artwork is on the real amazon site. when i saw that it wasn't at first, i got my hopes up and posted before thinking it through, sorry, ignore my post. still can't be legit IMO

Last edited by benpink; 03-21-2006 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: nevermind
03-21-2006, 05:03 PM

glotch-

whether or not you are right, judging a cover based on what someone has said about their music, not to mention the fact you haven't even HEARD the album, you think you have some merit claiming if the band would or would not want that image to represent their art? Just because you don't like it? Give me a break.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #53

glotch-

whether or not you are right, judging a cover based on what someone has said about their music, not to mention the fact you haven't even HEARD the album, you think you have some merit claiming if the band would or would not want that image to represent their art? Just because you don't like it? Give me a break.
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM

If this is another tetonmantra trick someone should consider banning him.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

If this is another tetonmantra trick someone should consider banning him.
03-21-2006, 05:04 PM

have i told you people about the amazing "ignore" button this message board has?
it works great!

also if you could please point some other spoof covers on amazon i´be very glad.
tks in advance.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #55
On Probation

have i told you people about the amazing "ignore" button this message board has?
it works great!

also if you could please point some other spoof covers on amazon i´be very glad.
tks in advance.
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM

people- if you type in "tool" the image does show up. its called "refreshing the cache".
Old 03-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #56

people- if you type in "tool" the image does show up. its called "refreshing the cache".
03-21-2006, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benpink
people...go to just www.amazon.com , then search 'Tool' you will find it still says 'no image available'. This is the same trick Blair pointed out with the German amazon site. That flower of life artwork, albeit fake as well, was better tho.

i just did that and i saw that "fake" cover.
wow.

i guess you are just plain wrong.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #57
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by benpink
people...go to just www.amazon.com , then search 'Tool' you will find it still says 'no image available'. This is the same trick Blair pointed out with the German amazon site. That flower of life artwork, albeit fake as well, was better tho.

i just did that and i saw that "fake" cover.
wow.

i guess you are just plain wrong.
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch

its great how tetonmantra ignored me, then still responds to my posts generally speaking, each time I post something. What a douche.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

its great how tetonmantra ignored me, then still responds to my posts generally speaking, each time I post something. What a douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilySeenCircularProblem
excelent.
mistery solved.

hope is not lost.
tks.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #59
On Probation

Quote:
excelent.
mistery solved.

hope is not lost.
tks.
03-21-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch

thanks so much for a great post!

and read my post. how can you judge the art and its reflection of music YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD based strictly on what you READ IN AN INTERVIEW?
Old 03-21-2006, 05:08 PM   #60

Quote:

thanks so much for a great post!

and read my post. how can you judge the art and its reflection of music YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD based strictly on what you READ IN AN INTERVIEW?
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-21-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
glotch-

Absolutely. There's not a shadow of a doubt that this cover is bullocks to the nth degree.

I dont even need to hear the album to verify this. Common sense alone is enough. The fucking typography is the WORST and most amatuerish attempt at album art I have ever seen.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
glotch-

Absolutely. There's not a shadow of a doubt that this cover is bullocks to the nth degree.

I dont even need to hear the album to verify this. Common sense alone is enough. The fucking typography is the WORST and most amatuerish attempt at album art I have ever seen.
benpink's Avatar benpink
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
wow, u caught my mistake and posted it before i caught it myself and edited it.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:10 PM   #62

Quote:
wow, u caught my mistake and posted it before i caught it myself and edited it.
clone's Avatar clone
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM

people used to rant like this a few years ago when this picture first appeared on amazon: what? just a black cover with the name of the band and the name of the album???

i say... let's wait.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #63
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1412

people used to rant like this a few years ago when this picture first appeared on amazon: what? just a black cover with the name of the band and the name of the album???

i say... let's wait.
03-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
Maybe amazon are stupid and think 10,000 Days can be abbreviated to TBD.

Seriously, why bother putting up a picture saying "Tool" and "10,000 Days" yet they still don't know what the album is called...?

I'd just wait until I had more info and, in the process, not confuse people further...
Maybe the people who update images isn't the same who update data....

Maybe they don't understood the logo...

Maybe...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #64
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattw
Maybe amazon are stupid and think 10,000 Days can be abbreviated to TBD.

Seriously, why bother putting up a picture saying "Tool" and "10,000 Days" yet they still don't know what the album is called...?

I'd just wait until I had more info and, in the process, not confuse people further...
Maybe the people who update images isn't the same who update data....

Maybe they don't understood the logo...

Maybe...
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Shit, I would have done a better cover for them for FREE.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

pryingopenmy3rdeye's Avatar pryingopenmy3rdeye
03-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonmantra
long live the ignore button!!!
Quote:
it works great!
thats great and all but everytime gl0tch posts u dont need to bring it up.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 93

Quote:
long live the ignore button!!!
Quote:
it works great!
thats great and all but everytime gl0tch posts u dont need to bring it up.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. ~P.J. O'Rourke
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
03-21-2006, 05:14 PM

You know whats really interesting...

Is that this isn't our band. It's Adam, Danny, Justin and Maynard's. For now, it's pretty logical to assume this is the artwork for the album. So if you don't like it, accept the fact that the band put out artwork you don't like, and move on from the conspiracy theories.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #67
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23

You know whats really interesting...

Is that this isn't our band. It's Adam, Danny, Justin and Maynard's. For now, it's pretty logical to assume this is the artwork for the album. So if you don't like it, accept the fact that the band put out artwork you don't like, and move on from the conspiracy theories.
Goldfoot
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Will you just shut the fuck up already? Has any album been a disappointment to you thus far? If so, why are you so adament about posting on a board before it's out? So you can get all the juicy little details? Well you have them and you don't like them. We get that now just shut up. The album was made how THEY wanted it to be made, not how you want it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #68
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
Will you just shut the fuck up already? Has any album been a disappointment to you thus far? If so, why are you so adament about posting on a board before it's out? So you can get all the juicy little details? Well you have them and you don't like them. We get that now just shut up. The album was made how THEY wanted it to be made, not how you want it. If you don't like it, don't buy it.
03-21-2006, 05:16 PM

There's a difference between not liking it and calling out a blatant lack of professionalism. That design is just straight illiterate.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #69
Level 7 - Loquacious

There's a difference between not liking it and calling out a blatant lack of professionalism. That design is just straight illiterate.
MOON's Avatar MOON
03-21-2006, 05:17 PM

im agree...

but im here for their music...

but...

:/
Old 03-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

im agree...

but im here for their music...

but...

:/
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
To date, no album has been designed as poorly as this one.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath
03-21-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaxiom
why does the album title still say TBD haha
TBD = Totally Bitchin' Dude
Old 03-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #72
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaxiom
why does the album title still say TBD haha
03-21-2006, 05:19 PM

*Ten Billion Days*

sorry...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #73
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

*Ten Billion Days*

sorry...
pryingopenmy3rdeye's Avatar pryingopenmy3rdeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice Breath
n00bs really should be more constructive on there first post
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #74
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choice Breath
kyyuulle's Avatar kyyuulle

the eyes of the front face are taken from the eyes of the "right" and "left" side of the other 2 "faces".

symbolic with the right and left side of the brain
Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

the eyes of the front face are taken from the eyes of the "right" and "left" side of the other 2 "faces".

symbolic with the right and left side of the brain
Goldfoot
03-21-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
You haven't heard the album. To me the Opiate art is not appealing, but I like the CD and don't care about the art. For Ænima there is a fucking smokebox. Whoopie it moves, how innovative. Lets take this boring white blob and make it move so people think it's cool.

See, I can bitch about artwork too, but that doesn't change how the music sounds.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #76
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
You haven't heard the album. To me the Opiate art is not appealing, but I like the CD and don't care about the art. For Ænima there is a fucking smokebox. Whoopie it moves, how innovative. Lets take this boring white blob and make it move so people think it's cool.

See, I can bitch about artwork too, but that doesn't change how the music sounds.
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone
The thing weird on 10,000 Days cover is that it seems that the logo and album name were simply pasted in there, it's not about if i like it or not (and I like the art), it just seems a simple collage. Although It seems fake, I'm not putting my hands on the fire if this is real or not, I'll wait...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #77

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by clone
The thing weird on 10,000 Days cover is that it seems that the logo and album name were simply pasted in there, it's not about if i like it or not (and I like the art), it just seems a simple collage. Although It seems fake, I'm not putting my hands on the fire if this is real or not, I'll wait...
Choice Breath's Avatar Choice Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryingopenmy3rdeye
Actually my second. Constructive is the rule? Considering Maynard's comments in Kerrang to the effect that they are disappointed because their efforts to enlighten us or change the world seem to have failed, and that he has sort of decided to let us deal with the consequences, lend creedence to the track listing to the extent it seems less serious than previous albums.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #78
Prana

Bincount™: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryingopenmy3rdeye
Actually my second. Constructive is the rule? Considering Maynard's comments in Kerrang to the effect that they are disappointed because their efforts to enlighten us or change the world seem to have failed, and that he has sort of decided to let us deal with the consequences, lend creedence to the track listing to the extent it seems less serious than previous albums.

lol, it still looks like "Fool" to me...

I'm sure there is a slip cover involved that will probably look better in real life that the image on Amazon does
Old 03-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

lol, it still looks like "Fool" to me...

I'm sure there is a slip cover involved that will probably look better in real life that the image on Amazon does
ÆmorphousEnigma's Avatar ÆmorphousEnigma
03-21-2006, 05:24 PM

Hah. I've seen Grindcore covers that had more aesthetic appeal than this, and that's saying a lot...
Old 03-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #80
Banned.

Bincount™: 355

Hah. I've seen Grindcore covers that had more aesthetic appeal than this, and that's saying a lot...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply