Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
pensar
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM

Anyword on how itunes will be released? before or after the album? any APC fans know?....i would like to know their whole take on it, but im guessing they hate it, since they like to incorporate their artwork along with the music, but seriously i look at it for 2-3 days and put it away....

Pre-releasing songs on the internet isn't that bad of an idea....Radiohead has been brainstorming and thinking of putting some of their new b-sides out on the net, not a bad idea if you ask me.

How come Tool doesn't come out with any B-sides, I would love to see what type of music they come up with while just jamming out I bet its better than their album work...

And seriously...10 songs....is that all we are promised after 5 years of waiting? sure before lateralus, there was the whole lawsuit thing, thats why they said "We only got a year off really..".....

Well, adam and justin have had over 4.5 years to do something.....but they didn't they just laid back with their money and did nothing. The album won't even be 10 songs, remember it will have segues in it. Whatta joke.

No DVD.....Took 10,000 days for a vinyl to come out.....

I think dan, adam and just, well just got broke....time to push out another album to get another 5 years of money to live off of....

:::This album better not dissappoint:::

No useless screaming like the grudge and ticks and leeches......no combining tracks like "parabol/parabola" (even thought it was f'ing amazing".....

I've been coming to this site since '97, and it just seems like the band is trying too hard to dig "deep" instead of just letting it flow.....
Old 03-22-2006, 10:34 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
itunes?

Anyword on how itunes will be released? before or after the album? any APC fans know?....i would like to know their whole take on it, but im guessing they hate it, since they like to incorporate their artwork along with the music, but seriously i look at it for 2-3 days and put it away....

Pre-releasing songs on the internet isn't that bad of an idea....Radiohead has been brainstorming and thinking of putting some of their new b-sides out on the net, not a bad idea if you ask me.

How come Tool doesn't come out with any B-sides, I would love to see what type of music they come up with while just jamming out I bet its better than their album work...

And seriously...10 songs....is that all we are promised after 5 years of waiting? sure before lateralus, there was the whole lawsuit thing, thats why they said "We only got a year off really..".....

Well, adam and justin have had over 4.5 years to do something.....but they didn't they just laid back with their money and did nothing. The album won't even be 10 songs, remember it will have segues in it. Whatta joke.

I think dan, adam and just, well just got broke....time to push out another album to get another 5 years of money to live off of....

No useless screaming like the grudge and ticks and leeches......no combining tracks like "parabol/parabola" (even thought it was f'ing amazing".....

I've been coming to this site since '97, and it just seems like the band is trying too hard to dig "deep" instead of just letting it flow.....
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
psims23
03-22-2006, 10:36 PM

you havent even heard any of the new songs yet....
Old 03-22-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13
Re: itunes?

you havent even heard any of the new songs yet....
pensar
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM

oh yah....and no whiny singing, i.e. "the patient" save that bullshit for APC, thats why it was created in the first place.....

and no i haven't heard the album yet, i never said i had
Old 03-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

oh yah....and no whiny singing, i.e. "the patient" save that bullshit for APC, thats why it was created in the first place.....

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM

Tool aren't on iTunes.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Tool aren't on iTunes.
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM

Do you like anything good about Lateralus at all? Christ....

My guess is they'll release the single on iTunes like every other band does, on the same day it goes on the air. The rest of the album will probably be available to download on the day it gets released. You get the album art when you download the songs. iTunes is nifty like that.

Edit: Oh, how about that... Tool is too good for iTunes.

Maybe they'll change their minds this time around, or something.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:40 PM   #5
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Do you like anything good about Lateralus at all? Christ....

My guess is they'll release the single on iTunes like every other band does, on the same day it goes on the air. The rest of the album will probably be available to download on the day it gets released. You get the album art when you download the songs. iTunes is nifty like that.

Edit: Oh, how about that... Tool is too good for iTunes.

Maybe they'll change their minds this time around, or something.
Paradigm619's Avatar Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 10:41 PM

None of Tool's music has ever been on iTunes or any other online music store. Chances are they aren't going to start now.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

None of Tool's music has ever been on iTunes or any other online music store. Chances are they aren't going to start now.
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM

wow. i just checked it. they aren't on....

well if they are thinking that their songs won't be on the net, they are absolutley wrong

limewire, bearshare, soulseek, torrents......the songs ARE going to be on there, therefore it should be on itunes....closing your eyes and hoping the problem goes away isn't the solution.....

and yes i like lateralus, i just don't like parts. Ill like the beat to one song, or the vocals to another, the only total packages i like on lateralus are "parabol/parabola, and triad....and sometimes lateralus"
Old 03-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

wow. i just checked it. they aren't on....

well if they are thinking that their songs won't be on the net, they are absolutley wrong

limewire, bearshare, soulseek, torrents......the songs ARE going to be on there, therefore it should be on itunes....closing your eyes and hoping the problem goes away isn't the solution.....

and yes i like lateralus, i just don't like parts. Ill like the beat to one song, or the vocals to another, the only total packages i like on lateralus are "parabol/parabola, and triad....and sometimes lateralus"
03-22-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensar

I definitely agree with you here. It's almost asking for their music to be pirated if they don't have it available in a downloadable format from iTunes or another online store.

Oh well.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I definitely agree with you here. It's almost asking for their music to be pirated if they don't have it available in a downloadable format from iTunes or another online store.

Oh well.
03-22-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:

Re-read this but do it in Andy Roony's voice. It's hilarious.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

03-22-2006, 10:52 PM

"and yes i like lateralus, i just don't like parts. Ill like the beat to one song, or the vocals to another, the only total packages i like on lateralus are "parabol/parabola, and triad....and sometimes lateralus"[/QUOTE]

Maybe Tool is the wrong band for you.

Last edited by bo bo; 03-22-2006 at 10:54 PM..
Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

"and yes i like lateralus, i just don't like parts. Ill like the beat to one song, or the vocals to another, the only total packages i like on lateralus are "parabol/parabola, and triad....and sometimes lateralus"[/QUOTE]

Maybe Tool is the wrong band for you.

Last edited by bo bo; 03-22-2006 at 10:54 PM..
Nemesis's Avatar Nemesis
03-22-2006, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm619
Does anyone know, is it up to the band or the record company?
Old 03-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm619
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Probably a little bit of both.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:56 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Probably a little bit of both.
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM

B-sides always suck?

Im sorry i have to use the same band as an example, but Radiohead has about 40 songs in their B-side menu.....and sure I don't like 4-5 of them...but they rest are excellent, most of them push the envelope and deserve album space, if not their own album
Old 03-22-2006, 11:03 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

B-sides always suck?

Im sorry i have to use the same band as an example, but Radiohead has about 40 songs in their B-side menu.....and sure I don't like 4-5 of them...but they rest are excellent, most of them push the envelope and deserve album space, if not their own album
03-22-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
B-sides always suck?

Good example is Talk Show Host. That song is pretty much famous and was never released on one of their main studio albums.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
B-sides always suck?

Good example is Talk Show Host. That song is pretty much famous and was never released on one of their main studio albums.
03-22-2006, 11:07 PM

I have a feeling there is going to be another split song... call me crazy...
Old 03-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #15

Bincount™: 3

I have a feeling there is going to be another split song... call me crazy...
03-22-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Radiohead lost it after OK Computer.
Meh... I personally like a lot of their stuff after OK Computer. It just depends what you're into.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Meh... I personally like a lot of their stuff after OK Computer. It just depends what you're into.
03-22-2006, 11:28 PM

What exactly are these 'b-sides' you guys are talking about?

I feel stupid :/
Old 03-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #17
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Goldfoot
03-22-2006, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

I don't know about Radiohead having 40 but a B-Side is a song tat is released on like a single but not on the album. For instance, The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #18
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

I don't know about Radiohead having 40 but a B-Side is a song tat is released on like a single but not on the album. For instance, The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails.
03-22-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
Well ya kinda

The Perfect Drug was it's own entity, it's own album almost.

Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins have a crapload of b-sides.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Well ya kinda

The Perfect Drug was it's own entity, it's own album almost.

Radiohead and Smashing Pumpkins have a crapload of b-sides.
pensar
03-22-2006, 11:47 PM

or not released at all....or released on a "single"......

oh and i was wrong, they have around 140 b-side songs, i probably overshot by 5 songs, my eyesight isn't that good....i'm thinking around 10 of these songs are techno/electro/ambient songs, whatever you want to call them...that is still a helluva-lot..

here's my reference....http://ateaseweb.com/songs/
Old 03-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

or not released at all....or released on a "single"......

oh and i was wrong, they have around 140 b-side songs, i probably overshot by 5 songs, my eyesight isn't that good....i'm thinking around 10 of these songs are techno/electro/ambient songs, whatever you want to call them...that is still a helluva-lot..

here's my reference....http://ateaseweb.com/songs/
ÆmorphousEnigma's Avatar ÆmorphousEnigma
03-22-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.angelfire.com/me/tooshort/labels/zomba.html
Just recently, the ZOMBA Group acquired 50% of Volcano Entertainment LLC and its repertoire of about 50 albums, with a current artist roster consisting of Tool, Weird Al' Yankovic, Matthew Sweet and Akinyele. ZOMBA is the number 1 production supplier of music in the UK. They are located in Willesden, north London.
Tool are the only band listed that does not have music on iTunes, so it's almost certainly up to them, not the record label. I guess they want people to get the "full album experience" instead of downloading individual songs. A single on iTunes does not seem very likely.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #21
Banned.

Bincount™: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.angelfire.com/me/tooshort/labels/zomba.html
Just recently, the ZOMBA Group acquired 50% of Volcano Entertainment LLC and its repertoire of about 50 albums, with a current artist roster consisting of Tool, Weird Al' Yankovic, Matthew Sweet and Akinyele. ZOMBA is the number 1 production supplier of music in the UK. They are located in Willesden, north London.
Tool are the only band listed that does not have music on iTunes, so it's almost certainly up to them, not the record label. I guess they want people to get the "full album experience" instead of downloading individual songs. A single on iTunes does not seem very likely.
intoaneye's Avatar intoaneye
03-23-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÆmorphousEnigma
true
Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÆmorphousEnigma
true
03-23-2006, 12:14 AM

wow. Weird Al' is second in the artist roster.....what a great label to be a part of
Old 03-23-2006, 12:14 AM   #23
Level 7 - Loquacious

wow. Weird Al' is second in the artist roster.....what a great label to be a part of
Het_Bijeenroepen
03-23-2006, 03:46 AM

Quote:
The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails is originally an A-side. It later reappeared as the B-side to one of the We're In This Together singles. Of course, it also appears on the Lost Highway O.S.T.

Examples of Tool B-sides would be the live tracks on the Prison Sex single, and (probably?) the Lustmord remixes on the Schism/Parabola DVD singles.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:46 AM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
The Perfect Drug by Nine Inch Nails is originally an A-side. It later reappeared as the B-side to one of the We're In This Together singles. Of course, it also appears on the Lost Highway O.S.T.

Examples of Tool B-sides would be the live tracks on the Prison Sex single, and (probably?) the Lustmord remixes on the Schism/Parabola DVD singles.
Scobularni
03-23-2006, 04:53 AM

I doubt it very much. The amount of time tool & friends spend on producing the album, perfecting it, making it *exactly* how they want it.... would be wasted if they're going to put it through data compression and distribute it via crappy quality MP3s, most likely to be played through dodgy computer speakers or even worse, the i-POD headphones.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

I doubt it very much. The amount of time tool & friends spend on producing the album, perfecting it, making it *exactly* how they want it.... would be wasted if they're going to put it through data compression and distribute it via crappy quality MP3s, most likely to be played through dodgy computer speakers or even worse, the i-POD headphones.
STA's Avatar STA
03-23-2006, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobularni
Man, do those IPod headphones suck.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 AM   #26
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobularni
Man, do those IPod headphones suck.
Xanatos's Avatar Xanatos
03-23-2006, 05:16 AM

I dislike iPods. A Lot. Almost as much as I dislike Cellphones. You can imagine what I think of iPod-Cellphones. God.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 AM   #27

Bincount™: 5

I dislike iPods. A Lot. Almost as much as I dislike Cellphones. You can imagine what I think of iPod-Cellphones. God.
Xanatos's Avatar Xanatos
03-23-2006, 05:18 AM

Quote:
I am going to have to disagree. I love Hail To The Theif. I have yet to hear Kid A and Amnesiac (spelling), but I own Pablo Honey, The Bends, Hail To The Theirf, and OK Computer and love all of those. From what I hear about Kid A/Amnesiac I think I will love those as well.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:18 AM   #28

Quote:
I am going to have to disagree. I love Hail To The Theif. I have yet to hear Kid A and Amnesiac (spelling), but I own Pablo Honey, The Bends, Hail To The Theirf, and OK Computer and love all of those. From what I hear about Kid A/Amnesiac I think I will love those as well.
STA's Avatar STA
03-23-2006, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanatos
Please tell me there's really no such thing as an iPod cell phone.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #29
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Xanatos's Avatar Xanatos
03-23-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
It isn't yet called iPod-Cell, it is actually called MOTOSLVR currently. It plays iTunes songs on your cell.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/Web_ProductHome.asp?Country=USA&language=ENS&produ ctid=30340
Old 03-23-2006, 06:11 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
It isn't yet called iPod-Cell, it is actually called MOTOSLVR currently. It plays iTunes songs on your cell.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/Web_ProductHome.asp?Country=USA&language=ENS&produ ctid=30340
chalimar's Avatar chalimar
03-23-2006, 06:51 AM

Quote:

That post started out so well ...and then it became a piece of shit.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #31

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

tooldude's Avatar tooldude
03-23-2006, 06:59 AM

only like 2 songs off of lateralus?? what is wrong with you?
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Old 03-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #32
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 7

only like 2 songs off of lateralus?? what is wrong with you?
09.08.01 06.15.07 06.17.07 06.23.07 06.29.07 08.07.09 08.08.09 06.25.10 06.26.10 01.24.12 02.04.12 06.23.12 01.22.16 01.23.16 06.07.17 06.08.17 05.20.18 05.08.19 11.02.19 01.29.20 03.04.22 03.18.22 05.25.23
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
03-23-2006, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I support this post with all my heart.

My sister's friends are always swiping their iPods back and forth. Surprisingly they all have the same shit on them...

Oh, the scene/emo life.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #33
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:
I support this post with all my heart.

My sister's friends are always swiping their iPods back and forth. Surprisingly they all have the same shit on them...

Oh, the scene/emo life.
el57
03-23-2006, 07:37 AM

Quote:
No useless screaming
Lol you pussy ***.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
No useless screaming
Lol you pussy ***.
Clutch it like an AEnima's Avatar Clutch it like an AEnima
03-23-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalimar
i was thinking the same shit............oh and by the way, ipods suck
Old 03-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #35

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalimar
i was thinking the same shit............oh and by the way, ipods suck
03-23-2006, 09:14 AM

I liked Lateralus and I can't wait for the new album. I really don't care how long it took them to make it. I don't sit around being upset that I don't have the new Tool album.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:14 AM   #36
Banned.

Bincount™: 3710

I liked Lateralus and I can't wait for the new album. I really don't care how long it took them to make it. I don't sit around being upset that I don't have the new Tool album.
Ænigma's Avatar Ænigma
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM

Quote:

I should honestly kill you right now. Never diss The Patient that is one of the best songs on the entire album.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #37
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I should honestly kill you right now. Never diss The Patient that is one of the best songs on the entire album.
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
03-23-2006, 09:16 AM

Quote:

yeh, fuck tewl and ther dumb emo asses.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 03-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #38
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:

yeh, fuck tewl and ther dumb emo asses.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
cr0nick's Avatar cr0nick
03-23-2006, 09:20 AM

pensar makes my brain hurt

thinking me da dolor de cabesa
Old 03-23-2006, 09:20 AM   #39
Level 4 - Thinker

pensar makes my brain hurt

thinking me da dolor de cabesa
jhnygsh's Avatar jhnygsh
03-23-2006, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
i almost fell off of my chair... hilarious, really.... LOL
Old 03-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #40
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonchristopher
i almost fell off of my chair... hilarious, really.... LOL

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply