Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Now, what's it gonna be?
The Pot video 11 23.91%
New studio album 11 23.91%
Long expected live-DVD 7 15.22%
Salival part 2 1 2.17%
Oh no Maynard, not another Puscifer remix! 16 34.78%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Rolo's Avatar Rolo
06-10-2009, 02:41 PM

Poll coming!

Edit; i forgot to mention 10,000 days on vinyl :(

Last edited by Rolo; 06-10-2009 at 02:43 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635
Upcoming release?

Poll coming!

Edit; i forgot to mention 10,000 days on vinyl :(

Last edited by Rolo; 06-10-2009 at 02:43 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
07-04-2009, 02:47 PM

Bump.

C'mon people!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
Jedi Master

Re: Upcoming release?

Bump.

C'mon people!
07-17-2009, 09:48 AM

it's going to be more Puscifer because Tool only releases shit we don't care about
Old 07-17-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

it's going to be more Puscifer because Tool only releases shit we don't care about
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM

i voted for the DVD cause that's what i'd like to see. i've got a 25% chance there.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

i voted for the DVD cause that's what i'd like to see. i've got a 25% chance there.
07-17-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I voted for the DVD too but honestly most of the footage they shot for it is on youtube anyway. That might be why they haven't released it yet, they're not planning to.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I voted for the DVD too but honestly most of the footage they shot for it is on youtube anyway. That might be why they haven't released it yet, they're not planning to.
tweety pie
07-17-2009, 10:38 AM

well i think the video is going to come out before the album, so i vote video and then the album, but do we know for a fact it's going to be the pot video? i haven't been following the news that closely, so i don't know if that's like a fixed deal already or is it just a speculation.

i personally can't wait for the new album, i think it's going to be a lot more positive and vibrant, idk, i just see a bright yellow glow all around it lol, there's really nothing left for them to do but go something like reggae full force, it might seem like i'm joking but i'm saying this in all seriousness, they need to make a dance or a reggae album, or a tribute to michael jackson album, omg a prog reggae tribute to michael jackson album haha, i would die. i would literally just pass the fuck out if they did something like that. somebody needs to do that and i need to google prog reggae like right now omg

edit: rolo, is your name really rolo?
Old 07-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
jasminae?

Bincount™: 0

well i think the video is going to come out before the album, so i vote video and then the album, but do we know for a fact it's going to be the pot video? i haven't been following the news that closely, so i don't know if that's like a fixed deal already or is it just a speculation.

i personally can't wait for the new album, i think it's going to be a lot more positive and vibrant, idk, i just see a bright yellow glow all around it lol, there's really nothing left for them to do but go something like reggae full force, it might seem like i'm joking but i'm saying this in all seriousness, they need to make a dance or a reggae album, or a tribute to michael jackson album, omg a prog reggae tribute to michael jackson album haha, i would die. i would literally just pass the fuck out if they did something like that. somebody needs to do that and i need to google prog reggae like right now omg

Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-17-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweety pie View Post
Yeah, they've openly said that Adam has been working on the video for The Pot.

Of course, ya' never know until it's official anyways.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Yeah, they've openly said that Adam has been working on the video for The Pot.

Of course, ya' never know until it's official anyways.
07-18-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
No it isn't. Is Tweety Pie your real name?

BTW, speculations on "The Pot" video are a rumor for sooooooo long now, i don't believe it's ever gonna come out.

I'll vote for a new album, although a live-DVD would be much appreciated.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Jedi Master

Quote:
No it isn't. Is Tweety Pie your real name?

BTW, speculations on "The Pot" video are a rumor for sooooooo long now, i don't believe it's ever gonna come out.

I'll vote for a new album, although a live-DVD would be much appreciated.
07-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Was tempted to say, Salival 2

but i figure, that a new album is happening anyway
Old 07-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
On Probation

Bincount™: 189

Was tempted to say, Salival 2

but i figure, that a new album is happening anyway
inSin's Avatar inSin
07-18-2009, 11:55 PM

nope it was actually a puscifer remix like how i voted a month ago. don't believe me check his little myspace...
Old 07-18-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

nope it was actually a puscifer remix like how i voted a month ago. don't believe me check his little myspace...
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
07-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Yeah i read about the " Holiday On The Moon" cover just yesterday. I didn't catch "The Mission" earlier.

I did put the Puscifer remix choice in this poll as a joke. I guess the joke's on me :(
Old 07-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
Jedi Master

Yeah i read about the " Holiday On The Moon" cover just yesterday. I didn't catch "The Mission" earlier.

I did put the Puscifer remix choice in this poll as a joke. I guess the joke's on me :(
07-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Where's the "nothing" option?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #12
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Where's the "nothing" option?
07-19-2009, 06:17 PM

You clicked it imo.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
On Probation

You clicked it imo.
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
07-19-2009, 11:31 PM

Well you're the master of nothing so I'll take your word on that...
Old 07-19-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Level 11 - Clamorous

Well you're the master of nothing so I'll take your word on that...
07-20-2009, 03:02 AM

What's my word worth? You may want to reconsider ;)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:02 AM   #15
On Probation

What's my word worth? You may want to reconsider ;)
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
07-20-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Nothing View Post
What's my word worth?
Well...uhm...nothing?
Old 07-20-2009, 03:09 AM   #16
Jedi Master

Quote:
What's my word worth?
Well...uhm...nothing?
07-20-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Dudes...on topic please.
lol, crack that whip!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #17
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Dudes...on topic please.
lol, crack that whip!
07-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Ouch! what kinda whip are you using McRog?

I dont think they'd release the Pot Video by itself, but a possible idea is a small Ep of covers with the video? Mini Salival?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
On Probation

I dont think they'd release the Pot Video by itself, but a possible idea is a small Ep of covers with the video? Mini Salival?
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
07-20-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:

Absolutely wrong. Why wouldn't they release it by itself? They've done that with all of their past videos and this one obviously has taken a long time to finish, why would they cheapen its experience by bundling it with a small ep of covers?

Absolutely wrong on that one, MON.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #19
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Quote:

Absolutely wrong. Why wouldn't they release it by itself? They've done that with all of their past videos and this one obviously has taken a long time to finish, why would they cheapen its experience by bundling it with a small ep of covers?

07-20-2009, 04:15 PM

hey, nothing wrong with a little bit of wishful thinking. Other than you are bound to be let down.

They released Salival in 2000 outta nowhere...let's hope 2010 is the year for something interesting.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #20
Level 11 - Clamorous

hey, nothing wrong with a little bit of wishful thinking. Other than you are bound to be let down.

They released Salival in 2000 outta nowhere...let's hope 2010 is the year for something interesting.
07-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yast3r View Post

Im not familiar with the past videos, but I know that salival had all the released videos on it. So why not a mini salival? It kinda makes sense to me.

anyway, the covers wouldn't detract from the video THAT much
Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #21
On Probation

Quote:

Im not familiar with the past videos, but I know that salival had all the released videos on it. So why not a mini salival? It kinda makes sense to me.

07-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Im not familiar with the past videos, but I know that salival had all the released videos on it. So why not a mini salival?
The thing is, the videos were unreleased when Salival came out. Other than promo tapes (which weren't commercially released anyway), Salival was the first release of Tool videos on physical media.

The situation is very different now...Schism, Parabola, and Vicarious each have their own DVD's, with "full" artwork and even some special features. I can't really see them bundling up all those videos into one collection just for the sake of putting them together, that's just not a TOOL thing to do.

Quote:
Of course they wouldn't. And I'll be the first to admit that would be awesome (check link in my sig), but again, that would be a very un-TOOL move.

However, if you had mentioned 10 years ago after the end of the Ænima tour that they'd be literally playing the exact same setlist night after night, I think most people would've said "no way, that's a very un-TOOL move", so whatever.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #22
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Im not familiar with the past videos, but I know that salival had all the released videos on it. So why not a mini salival?
The thing is, the videos were unreleased when Salival came out. Other than promo tapes (which weren't commercially released anyway), Salival was the first release of Tool videos on physical media.

The situation is very different now...Schism, Parabola, and Vicarious each have their own DVD's, with "full" artwork and even some special features. I can't really see them bundling up all those videos into one collection just for the sake of putting them together, that's just not a TOOL thing to do.

Quote:
Of course they wouldn't. And I'll be the first to admit that would be awesome (check link in my sig), but again, that would be a very un-TOOL move.

However, if you had mentioned 10 years ago after the end of the Ænima tour that they'd be literally playing the exact same setlist night after night, I think most people would've said "no way, that's a very un-TOOL move", so whatever.
07-20-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
The first part is what I was saying earlier, however the latter piece about it being an un-Tool thing to do, I can very much see an 'Ultimate Tool Bundle' being released some time in the future. It could feature all of the albums remastered and in a 6 fold digipak (much like a TV series DVD casing), with an art book, band pictures, etc.

I mean, a lot of people are being introduced to Tool with their newer work and one of the first things they do is go out and collect all the older albums, so why wouldn't Tool cash in and make a collectors set that they know even old time fans would buy? I can very much see them doing some 'bundles' in the future, but whether or not they'll contain new or unreleased work to coincide with a music video release--I can say that I'm fairly certain the possibilities for that are slim to none.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #23
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
The first part is what I was saying earlier, however the latter piece about it being an un-Tool thing to do, I can very much see an 'Ultimate Tool Bundle' being released some time in the future. It could feature all of the albums remastered and in a 6 fold digipak (much like a TV series DVD casing), with an art book, band pictures, etc.

I mean, a lot of people are being introduced to Tool with their newer work and one of the first things they do is go out and collect all the older albums, so why wouldn't Tool cash in and make a collectors set that they know even old time fans would buy? I can very much see them doing some 'bundles' in the future, but whether or not they'll contain new or unreleased work to coincide with a music video release--I can say that I'm fairly certain the possibilities for that are slim to none.
07-21-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I highly HIGHLY doubt this would happen until after the band has called it quits. I can definitely say that if they were ever to put together a live DVD that it would make the most sense to put their compilation of live footage and extras out as one big bang to their farewell. This would obviously not happen for many years to come as they still have at least one more record and probably 2years or more of touring, of course then they may wait for a few years after that to release it. Who knows? *shrug*
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #24
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I highly HIGHLY doubt this would happen until after the band has called it quits. I can definitely say that if they were ever to put together a live DVD that it would make the most sense to put their compilation of live footage and extras out as one big bang to their farewell. This would obviously not happen for many years to come as they still have at least one more record and probably 2years or more of touring, of course then they may wait for a few years after that to release it. Who knows? *shrug*
07-23-2009, 10:37 AM

ok we all know maynard is not the same we all used to know and love.. well i was thinking earlier maynard is imo the weakest link to tool now a days.. Ok well i think the next album will be better then 10kdays for all four but for the future after that it looks bleak for mjk. he'll either be obsessed with wine or who knows what else. so 4 or 5 years from now i'd love to see the remainder of tool doing an instrumental album. it would be amazing to listen to and a completely new experience. maybe they'll do it under a different name out of respect for maynard. but those 3 have to much chemistry and talent to waste. anybody think theres a chance for this? ..i dunno maybe because i'm an musician myself.. i love listening to instrumentals.. well actually maynard could help and pick an instrument too.. play some keys or just do sound effects with his voice like on Triad.

(i should of just made a new thread. oh well)

Last edited by inSin; 07-23-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Old 07-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

ok we all know maynard is not the same we all used to know and love.. well i was thinking earlier maynard is imo the weakest link to tool now a days.. Ok well i think the next album will be better then 10kdays for all four but for the future after that it looks bleak for mjk. he'll either be obsessed with wine or who knows what else. so 4 or 5 years from now i'd love to see the remainder of tool doing an instrumental album. it would be amazing to listen to and a completely new experience. maybe they'll do it under a different name out of respect for maynard. but those 3 have to much chemistry and talent to waste. anybody think theres a chance for this? ..i dunno maybe because i'm an musician myself.. i love listening to instrumentals.. well actually maynard could help and pick an instrument too.. play some keys or just do sound effects with his voice like on Triad.

Last edited by inSin; 07-23-2009 at 10:39 AM..
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
07-23-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSin View Post
i'd love to see the remainder of tool doing an instrumental album.
I'm probably going to get shot for this, but I can't see much interesting material coming out of an instrumental album. It'd be a rather bland experience, definitely lacking what makes Tool, Tool.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #26
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
i'd love to see the remainder of tool doing an instrumental album.
I'm probably going to get shot for this, but I can't see much interesting material coming out of an instrumental album. It'd be a rather bland experience, definitely lacking what makes Tool, Tool.
07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
It'd be a rather bland experience, definitely lacking one fourth of what makes Tool, Tool.
slightly fixed
Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #27
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
It'd be a rather bland experience, definitely lacking one fourth of what makes Tool, Tool.
slightly fixed
07-23-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
slightly fixed
That's essentially what I was going for. Thanks for improving my point.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
slightly fixed
That's essentially what I was going for. Thanks for improving my point.
07-24-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Yeah, title it, this would NEVER happen, but it's my personal wishful thinking
Old 07-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Yeah, title it, this would NEVER happen, but it's my personal wishful thinking
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM

eh.. my personal taste. it definitely wouldn't be anywhere near 'bland' for me.. but i guess i'm just weird. it'd turn out better than 10kdays..
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

eh.. my personal taste. it definitely wouldn't be anywhere near 'bland' for me.. but i guess i'm just weird. it'd turn out better than 10kdays..
inSin's Avatar inSin
07-24-2009, 01:36 PM

..but then again it probably.. most likely.. wont happen
Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
Level 7 - Loquacious

..but then again it probably.. most likely.. wont happen
Master_Of_Nothing
07-24-2009, 01:46 PM

An instrumental Tool? I can see it possibly as a side project, just not very likely
Old 07-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #32
On Probation

An instrumental Tool? I can see it possibly as a side project, just not very likely
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
07-24-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
An instrumental Tool?
As close as it'll ever be, people.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #33
Jedi Master

Quote:
An instrumental Tool?
As close as it'll ever be, people.
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM

You know, i was let down by those guys. they kinda destroyed 'The Grudge', i couldn't get over that
Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #34
On Probation

You know, i was let down by those guys. they kinda destroyed 'The Grudge', i couldn't get over that
dancingflame
07-25-2009, 03:13 AM

fuck another album and fuck puscifer and fuck the live dvd; i want them to re-record their best stuff with some new arrangement and sounds, maybe one or two new songs and a storyline and then the damn bastardo adam shall make a movie along with meats meier, chet zar and alex grey...vicarious-extended with all the tool-themes they planted in our minds over the years...
THATS what the world (of toolfans) is waiting for- and yes FUCK roger waters and his movie-ambition (i like it, don`t get me wrong)- but its NOTHING compared with what a tool-movie would be like...am I right?
Old 07-25-2009, 03:13 AM   #35
Level 7 - Loquacious

fuck another album and fuck puscifer and fuck the live dvd; i want them to re-record their best stuff with some new arrangement and sounds, maybe one or two new songs and a storyline and then the damn bastardo adam shall make a movie along with meats meier, chet zar and alex grey...vicarious-extended with all the tool-themes they planted in our minds over the years...
THATS what the world (of toolfans) is waiting for- and yes FUCK roger waters and his movie-ambition (i like it, don`t get me wrong)- but its NOTHING compared with what a tool-movie would be like...am I right?
Master_Of_Nothing
07-25-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingflame View Post
This.

A movie. "the wall" Tool Version
Old 07-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #36
On Probation

Quote:
This.

A movie. "the wall" Tool Version
dancingflame
07-25-2009, 03:27 AM

:D but i shouldn`t have said "fuck another album"- that would still be nice...
since I saw tool in 2001 i am hoping for the realization of the movie-project but all what i read so far it seems to be a money-problem :/
STILL i´ve got hope and since the guys are going to make music "till someone of them dies" its not too utopical to think about it...damn- it would be one of the best movies ever made- just as the concert in 2001 was one of the best movies...
Old 07-25-2009, 03:27 AM   #37
Level 7 - Loquacious

:D but i shouldn`t have said "fuck another album"- that would still be nice...
since I saw tool in 2001 i am hoping for the realization of the movie-project but all what i read so far it seems to be a money-problem :/
STILL i´ve got hope and since the guys are going to make music "till someone of them dies" its not too utopical to think about it...damn- it would be one of the best movies ever made- just as the concert in 2001 was one of the best movies...
07-25-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry man, I have to disagree. All of the things you mention sound awful.

Another album would be awesome (I see you retracted your statement on second thought, heh), I love Puscifer and would like to see some NEW music rather than remixes, and a live DVD would be badass too since they have one of the best live shows in the biz.

I've heard their studio stuff constantly for almost a decade already and I've listened to over a hundred bootlegs in the past couple years; I'm tired of their old stuff. They're stretched it as far as it can go, several songs have been extended, changed, and all that stuff (check my sig for examples), so I think re-recording any of their songs would be a pointless waste of time, especially considering how well thought out and how well recorded/produced/mastered most of their stuff already is. The only "redo" I would like to see from Tool is a remastering of 10,000 Days, and that's it. And even then, I would still rather hear a disc of new tunes.

I would like to see them make a NEW film filled entirely with NEW music. They have so much skill and creativity that it would almost be a shame for them to make a film out of any of their current releases. I would dig a 10,000 Days film, but I would like even more to see them make new music specifically for an audiovisual presentation.

Cliff's notes: new, new, new--onward and upward, Tool!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #38
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:
Sorry man, I have to disagree. All of the things you mention sound awful.

Another album would be awesome (I see you retracted your statement on second thought, heh), I love Puscifer and would like to see some NEW music rather than remixes, and a live DVD would be badass too since they have one of the best live shows in the biz.

I've heard their studio stuff constantly for almost a decade already and I've listened to over a hundred bootlegs in the past couple years; I'm tired of their old stuff. They're stretched it as far as it can go, several songs have been extended, changed, and all that stuff (check my sig for examples), so I think re-recording any of their songs would be a pointless waste of time, especially considering how well thought out and how well recorded/produced/mastered most of their stuff already is. The only "redo" I would like to see from Tool is a remastering of 10,000 Days, and that's it. And even then, I would still rather hear a disc of new tunes.

I would like to see them make a NEW film filled entirely with NEW music. They have so much skill and creativity that it would almost be a shame for them to make a film out of any of their current releases. I would dig a 10,000 Days film, but I would like even more to see them make new music specifically for an audiovisual presentation.

Cliff's notes: new, new, new--onward and upward, Tool!
07-26-2009, 01:24 AM

all i was trying to say was i would be nice- it doesnt HAVE to be old stuff- and what i ment was that i`d RATHER see a (new) movie (<--as you say...wheres the old?) .and yes! new stuff would be very nice- maybe i wrote that because i didnt want to expect to much but if we can wish for anything than better new stuff, you`re right...i have the impression you do not completely agree- i say, i would like to see a movie, so do you...so, you would like a 10,000days film? and you would not want to see a movie out of old stuff? do you know what you mean at all? not very coherent...;)

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-26-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Old 07-26-2009, 01:24 AM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

all i was trying to say was i would be nice- it doesnt HAVE to be old stuff- and what i ment was that i`d RATHER see a (new) movie (<--as you say...wheres the old?) .and yes! new stuff would be very nice- maybe i wrote that because i didnt want to expect to much but if we can wish for anything than better new stuff, you`re right...i have the impression you do not completely agree- i say, i would like to see a movie, so do you...so, you would like a 10,000days film? and you would not want to see a movie out of old stuff? do you know what you mean at all? not very coherent...;)

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-26-2009 at 01:38 AM..
Master_Of_Nothing
07-26-2009, 02:03 AM

Haha, dancing flame, use line breaks ffs

A movie with a mix of old and new stuff i reckon.

and a LOT of filler tracks to tie everything together
Old 07-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #40
On Probation

Haha, dancing flame, use line breaks ffs

A movie with a mix of old and new stuff i reckon.

and a LOT of filler tracks to tie everything together

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply