Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Apr-July 2007
User Name
Password
nafloot's Avatar nafloot
05-01-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
nafloot...was the sound all that much better in the 212 box than on the rail??? I did something similar both nights...first night GA on the rail in front of justin...mix was horrible, no maynard lots o justin, then saturday night i was 3rd row center in 303...sound was fantabulous....but for the future, id like to be closer and get a good mix...
Yea it was pretty good suprisingly. I thought it who evers side you were on ( Adam, Justin) that would be the dominant sound but not at the pearl. The sound was awesome and the visuals were great. I'm getting to old for the floor so this was a nice change sitting for some parts of wings 1 & 2...lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:37 AM   #41
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/28 Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
nafloot...was the sound all that much better in the 212 box than on the rail??? I did something similar both nights...first night GA on the rail in front of justin...mix was horrible, no maynard lots o justin, then saturday night i was 3rd row center in 303...sound was fantabulous....but for the future, id like to be closer and get a good mix...
Yea it was pretty good suprisingly. I thought it who evers side you were on ( Adam, Justin) that would be the dominant sound but not at the pearl. The sound was awesome and the visuals were great. I'm getting to old for the floor so this was a nice change sitting for some parts of wings 1 & 2...lol.
OFFLINE |  
AHelton
05-01-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
I saw that. Unbelievable. I suppose it's understandable to an extent but it sucks to know that one guy can ruin it for thousands. MJK apparently refused to even sing the remaining part of Wings after it happened. Seems like a lot of people thought maybe his voice had just given out but I can tell ya, after the Vegas shows, that's not the case. Maynard's voice is just fine (cept for the whole Vicarious thing but that's not what happened in Reno).
I don't know how Tool normally responds to such antics, but I had to cringe when the guy ran on stage. I mean, if he knows anything about the band he'd realize that 10,000 days was probably the WORST song to choose to try and run up on stage. I thought there might be some "retribution" from the band...which leads me to my next point: I love Tool, I read about them, use them as inspiration for my own art (writing), and like their no bullshit ideology. With that said, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that thousands of fans' experience can be lessened by one individual's actions. Although I can't help but think, perhaps it was the crowd's reaction (raucous cheering) that really angered Maynard, and not the idiot that stormed the stage. Either way, the experience was great, but I never thought that I would walk away from a Tool concert feeling slightly cheated.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
I saw that. Unbelievable. I suppose it's understandable to an extent but it sucks to know that one guy can ruin it for thousands. MJK apparently refused to even sing the remaining part of Wings after it happened. Seems like a lot of people thought maybe his voice had just given out but I can tell ya, after the Vegas shows, that's not the case. Maynard's voice is just fine (cept for the whole Vicarious thing but that's not what happened in Reno).
I don't know how Tool normally responds to such antics, but I had to cringe when the guy ran on stage. I mean, if he knows anything about the band he'd realize that 10,000 days was probably the WORST song to choose to try and run up on stage. I thought there might be some "retribution" from the band...which leads me to my next point: I love Tool, I read about them, use them as inspiration for my own art (writing), and like their no bullshit ideology. With that said, I can't help but feel a little disappointed that thousands of fans' experience can be lessened by one individual's actions. Although I can't help but think, perhaps it was the crowd's reaction (raucous cheering) that really angered Maynard, and not the idiot that stormed the stage. Either way, the experience was great, but I never thought that I would walk away from a Tool concert feeling slightly cheated.
OFFLINE |  
metalhed's Avatar metalhed
05-01-2007, 01:25 PM

i thought the show was awesome. swamp song ruled! and as far as the set list, hey this is the 10.000 days tour, right? no complaints here. i was right in front of justin & it was awesome to be so close while he played! it was way more awesome getting his fucking pick which will be going in a frame shortly. looking forward to the tucson show this sunday : )
Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

i thought the show was awesome. swamp song ruled! and as far as the set list, hey this is the 10.000 days tour, right? no complaints here. i was right in front of justin & it was awesome to be so close while he played! it was way more awesome getting his fucking pick which will be going in a frame shortly. looking forward to the tucson show this sunday : )
OFFLINE |  
Briznitch's Avatar Briznitch
05-01-2007, 01:59 PM

I think it sucks that Maynard always does that. If ANYTHING happens, something thrown or someone coming onstage or him messing up a lyric or two, he always just stops the entire song and quits like a baby. It's like dude, what happened to wrestling old boy to the ground while not missing a beat? Let security take him down, and then continue. To just stop and basically whine and cry without using words, that's being a baby. You're rich enough from these fans who paid good money to see you, don't act like a dick and cut short the show cuz 1 guy walked on the stage. OOOOHhhh grow up MJK. At least a little bit.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #44
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 36

I think it sucks that Maynard always does that. If ANYTHING happens, something thrown or someone coming onstage or him messing up a lyric or two, he always just stops the entire song and quits like a baby. It's like dude, what happened to wrestling old boy to the ground while not missing a beat? Let security take him down, and then continue. To just stop and basically whine and cry without using words, that's being a baby. You're rich enough from these fans who paid good money to see you, don't act like a dick and cut short the show cuz 1 guy walked on the stage. OOOOHhhh grow up MJK. At least a little bit.
OFFLINE |  
akman46&2's Avatar akman46&2
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts parents View Post
Last time I saw them in phoenix AZ in sep.06 some dumb ass hit maynard in the head with a bottle and fucked up the whole show we lost jambi and what could have been opate sober or swamp song and the worst part is they did an interview for a local mag a and said they had something very special planned for phoenix and that 1 douche ruined it for everyone
I was at that show to and was totaly bummed that MJK was hit, was still a good show but what the hell is wrong with people...?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:01 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts parents View Post
Last time I saw them in phoenix AZ in sep.06 some dumb ass hit maynard in the head with a bottle and fucked up the whole show we lost jambi and what could have been opate sober or swamp song and the worst part is they did an interview for a local mag a and said they had something very special planned for phoenix and that 1 douche ruined it for everyone
I was at that show to and was totaly bummed that MJK was hit, was still a good show but what the hell is wrong with people...?
OFFLINE |  
Peanuts parents's Avatar Peanuts parents
05-03-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akman46&2 View Post
I know it sucked, but then I hear about the last two night's of this tour some asshole jumps on stage during 10k days (reno) then last night (cox arena) some dumb-ass yells during wings and then some other dumb-ass is pointing a laser pointer an Maynard and Chancellor ,seriously why would you pay to go see them just to try and fuck up the show? Some people just have no respect for what is happening in front of them.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #46
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by akman46&2 View Post
I know it sucked, but then I hear about the last two night's of this tour some asshole jumps on stage during 10k days (reno) then last night (cox arena) some dumb-ass yells during wings and then some other dumb-ass is pointing a laser pointer an Maynard and Chancellor ,seriously why would you pay to go see them just to try and fuck up the show? Some people just have no respect for what is happening in front of them.
OFFLINE |  
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-05-2007, 09:15 AM

oh and maynard said hi to blair and told everyone esle to say hi. i think it was at this show.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #47
On Probation

Bincount™: 15

oh and maynard said hi to blair and told everyone esle to say hi. i think it was at this show.
OFFLINE |  
UselessPeace
05-05-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaner View Post
Danny and Blair (I've never seen him, just an assumption) were hanging out in the bar at the palms before the 4/27 show. It was awesome, he was wearing a pumpkin orange shirt.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Danny and Blair (I've never seen him, just an assumption) were hanging out in the bar at the palms before the 4/27 show. It was awesome, he was wearing a pumpkin orange shirt.
OFFLINE |  
05-10-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
He did say that. And I said "FUCK BLAIR" very loud.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
Cycloz's Avatar Cycloz
05-10-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briznitch View Post

I saw Blair and Camella hanging down in the pit right before the show if I woulda known I'd get the shaft on Milwaukee presales from TA I would have joined ya.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #50
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:

I saw Blair and Camella hanging down in the pit right before the show if I woulda known I'd get the shaft on Milwaukee presales from TA I would have joined ya.
OFFLINE |  
05-11-2007, 01:17 AM

I saw Camella taking pics up in my section (303) during Wings. At least I'm pretty sure it was her. Standing at the railing taking pics with a badass camera during the whole song, right when the lasers were kicking and shit. Then she was gone. I want to see them!!!!!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #51
Level 8 - Vociferous

I saw Camella taking pics up in my section (303) during Wings. At least I'm pretty sure it was her. Standing at the railing taking pics with a badass camera during the whole song, right when the lasers were kicking and shit. Then she was gone. I want to see them!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
jwb's Avatar jwb
05-11-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that too. She was right next to me in the 313 box Saturday night taking a bunch of shots during Wings or Rosetta. I was gonna ask her if she was responsible for Adam's pig-tails, but she was gone before the song ended.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:13 AM   #52
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Yeah, I saw that too. She was right next to me in the 313 box Saturday night taking a bunch of shots during Wings or Rosetta. I was gonna ask her if she was responsible for Adam's pig-tails, but she was gone before the song ended.
OFFLINE |  
Canada
05-15-2007, 08:18 AM

This show was far better than the 1st night in Las Vegas.

The band was on and from 303 the sound was very clear.

I recommend sitting in 303 if you ever go to The Pearl. I did not like my 203 seats.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:18 AM   #53
Banned.

This show was far better than the 1st night in Las Vegas.

The band was on and from 303 the sound was very clear.

I recommend sitting in 303 if you ever go to The Pearl. I did not like my 203 seats.
OFFLINE |  
paraflux
05-15-2007, 01:15 PM

looks like everyone is done giving reviews.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #54
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

looks like everyone is done giving reviews.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply