opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus
User Name
Password
Old 04-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Vinyl Version

I just have a complaint. I can't believe they fucked the tracklist order on this thing. If they had left the album the way it was, they would have had two 22:30 minute sides on disc 2. That would have been perfectly fine for LP capacity but they moved shit around. Breaks my heart that its like this. Doesn't help that its a picture disc as they tend to have lesser sound quality as it is. Anybody with me?
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: Vinyl Version

Hi CrazyJoeDevola of 2011.

I usually listen to the vinyl version in this order:

Side A -> Side B -> Side D -> Side C

This changes the song order to:

...Parabol
Parabola
Disposition
Reflection
Triad
Faaip De Oaid
Ticks
Lateralus

The reason I do this are the bouncy drum hits at end of Disposition. They so obviously lead to Reflection. I also think that Faaip-Ticks-Lateralus make quite a decent ending for the album.

I'm not saying this was in any way an intended song order for the album. I'm just saying flows kinda nicely. And Lateralus makes one hell of a album closer.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: