Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
inSin's Avatar inSin
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM

I was driving from Michigan to Tennessee and i was passing through Ohio. I was flipping through the stations and the guy on the radio said that Maynard James Keenan would be joining him. I was hoping to catch it but i drove into Kentucky before i could hear him. I was wondering if anyone in the Ohio area heard Maynard on the radio (i don't know the station sorry) if so what was said? thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Maynard on the radio

I was driving from Michigan to Tennessee and i was passing through Ohio. I was flipping through the stations and the guy on the radio said that Maynard James Keenan would be joining him. I was hoping to catch it but i drove into Kentucky before i could hear him. I was wondering if anyone in the Ohio area heard Maynard on the radio (i don't know the station sorry) if so what was said? thanks.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
inSin's Avatar inSin
01-14-2009, 11:12 AM

He probably just talked about his 3 puscifer shows anyways. anybody going?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: Maynard on the radio

He probably just talked about his 3 puscifer shows anyways. anybody going?
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM

Replace my post with the sound of crickets chirping.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 480

Replace my post with the sound of crickets chirping.
Ravenpig
01-14-2009, 01:52 PM

Crickets are cool
Old 01-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Crickets are cool
Yast3r's Avatar Yast3r
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Crickets don't like the cool.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
Level 10 - Vehement

Crickets don't like the cool.
ufopancakes's Avatar ufopancakes
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSin View Post
Why the hell would you go to Tennessee?
Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
01-17-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post
why the hell do you care?

this thread is dead.. i get it.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your_noose View Post

01-18-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I'm just fucking with you. Seriously, if you find out why, post it, I'd be interested in hearing it, seeing as Maynard doesn't usually do radio interviews.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

I'm just fucking with you. Seriously, if you find out why, post it, I'd be interested in hearing it, seeing as Maynard doesn't usually do radio interviews.
01-18-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gift View Post
It was probably Brad Maynard.
he clearly said maynard james keenan at the beginning of the show.. oh well i give up on this thread.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
It was probably Brad Maynard.
he clearly said maynard james keenan at the beginning of the show.. oh well i give up on this thread.
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
01-18-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by most recent maynard interview i could find, from SF Chronicle
Aidin Vaziri of the San Francisco Chronicle recently conducted an interview with Maynard James Keenan, frontman for TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE and a wine connoisseur.

San Francisco Chronicle: Didn't you plan A PERFECT CIRCLE's last tour around various wine regions?

Maynard: No. But if we would go to a particular area, I would go a few days early to explore the region. I was on the road for a decade accidentally experiencing things. I was planning on making the wines long before I knew anything about what I was doing. But I ran into Eric Glomski, a guy that took me under his wing, and he's been my mentor.

San Francisco Chronicle: What kind of people show up to these Whole Food signings?

Maynard: Generally music fans, and they've been very well behaved, for the most part. They're coming for one reason, but then they actually come back for the right reasons. The first run-through, we had a lot of people there because they're music fans, but then they would come back because they had genuine questions about the wine and pairings.

San Francisco Chronicle: Don't you have an image as a satanic weirdo to maintain?

Maynard: TOOL is not SLAYER. I went to art school. I spent three years in the military. There's more to me than throwing devil horns.

San Francisco Chronicle: So what makes your wines different than a jug of Gallo?

Maynard: We're in an area that hasn't been pioneered in winemaking. If you want consistency, go with Gallo. It's just going to taste like that. We want the wine to taste where it's from, a particular spot on the earth. That's the idea behind boutique wine making. This particular way the weather is, the way the soil feels. Every year should taste different.

San Francisco Chronicle: Do you still have time to make music between irrigating fields and stomping grapes?

Maynard: I'm still making music. We just put tickets on sale for a pair of shows PUSCIFER is doing in Las Vegas. Oddly enough, in my own mind, it kind of goes hand in hand with the winery, with what we're doing in a local area. We can work around harvest and winemaker dinners and pop out to do this fun show that could be a disaster or it could be awesome. It's the same as picking grapes.
So that's what the old fart is up these days.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by most recent maynard interview i could find, from SF Chronicle
Aidin Vaziri of the San Francisco Chronicle recently conducted an interview with Maynard James Keenan, frontman for TOOL and A PERFECT CIRCLE and a wine connoisseur.

San Francisco Chronicle: Didn't you plan A PERFECT CIRCLE's last tour around various wine regions?

Maynard: No. But if we would go to a particular area, I would go a few days early to explore the region. I was on the road for a decade accidentally experiencing things. I was planning on making the wines long before I knew anything about what I was doing. But I ran into Eric Glomski, a guy that took me under his wing, and he's been my mentor.

San Francisco Chronicle: What kind of people show up to these Whole Food signings?

Maynard: Generally music fans, and they've been very well behaved, for the most part. They're coming for one reason, but then they actually come back for the right reasons. The first run-through, we had a lot of people there because they're music fans, but then they would come back because they had genuine questions about the wine and pairings.

San Francisco Chronicle: Don't you have an image as a satanic weirdo to maintain?

Maynard: TOOL is not SLAYER. I went to art school. I spent three years in the military. There's more to me than throwing devil horns.

San Francisco Chronicle: So what makes your wines different than a jug of Gallo?

Maynard: We're in an area that hasn't been pioneered in winemaking. If you want consistency, go with Gallo. It's just going to taste like that. We want the wine to taste where it's from, a particular spot on the earth. That's the idea behind boutique wine making. This particular way the weather is, the way the soil feels. Every year should taste different.

San Francisco Chronicle: Do you still have time to make music between irrigating fields and stomping grapes?

Maynard: I'm still making music. We just put tickets on sale for a pair of shows PUSCIFER is doing in Las Vegas. Oddly enough, in my own mind, it kind of goes hand in hand with the winery, with what we're doing in a local area. We can work around harvest and winemaker dinners and pop out to do this fun show that could be a disaster or it could be awesome. It's the same as picking grapes.
So that's what the old fart is up these days.
01-18-2009, 03:29 PM

nothing to do with a radio station from Ohio.. but thanks i guess.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

nothing to do with a radio station from Ohio.. but thanks i guess.
T-13h's Avatar T-13h
01-18-2009, 05:46 PM

Do you really think that radio station grabbed an "exclusive" interview?

?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 911

?
01-18-2009, 06:38 PM

Hang the dj hang the dj hang the dj!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Hang the dj hang the dj hang the dj!
inSin's Avatar inSin
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-13h View Post

?
i really don't think this was an ohio exclusive radio station. but i just couldn't find it anywhere else..
Old 01-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-13h View Post

?
i really don't think this was an ohio exclusive radio station. but i just couldn't find it anywhere else..
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
01-19-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:

This comment reminded me of Rhapsody’s artist profile of Tool. It's one of the worst I've read, IMO:

"Employing dark, violent images and an abstract sonic palette, Tool pummels its listeners with a primal sound as distinct as it is disturbing. With a fixed, fiery glare, vocalist Maynard James Keenan assaults the audience with bone-chilling whispers and blistering hollers of unparalleled hatred and loathing. Behind him, heavy ominous music swells and gives, building uncomfortable tension that makes your hair stand on end, then releasing that tension in frantic bursts of intensity."
Old 01-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13

Quote:

This comment reminded me of Rhapsody’s artist profile of Tool. It's one of the worst I've read, IMO:

"Employing dark, violent images and an abstract sonic palette, Tool pummels its listeners with a primal sound as distinct as it is disturbing. With a fixed, fiery glare, vocalist Maynard James Keenan assaults the audience with bone-chilling whispers and blistering hollers of unparalleled hatred and loathing. Behind him, heavy ominous music swells and gives, building uncomfortable tension that makes your hair stand on end, then releasing that tension in frantic bursts of intensity."
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM

Maybe to an "I" but definitely not a T.

Pardon me while I go assault myself with some unparalleled hatred and loathing.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Maybe to an "I" but definitely not a T.

Pardon me while I go assault myself with some unparalleled hatred and loathing.
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
01-19-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToYourHalo View Post

haha sounds spot on...
Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #17
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

Quote:

haha sounds spot on...
01-23-2009, 04:07 PM

That band profile is unbalanced and incomplete. It’s filled with negative words and images and is not inclusive of the positive aspects of Tool's art and music.

dark, violent images / Alex Grey art, sacred geometry
fixed, fiery glare / he sings in shadow now so we can't tell
disturbing primal sounds / ecstatic releases of energy
bone chilling whispers / hypnotizing poetic whispers
unparalleled hatred and loathing / check your ego
uncomfortable tension / pulsating sonic bliss (oh yeah)

Some enjoy moshing to Wings.

Some like meditating to Ticks and Leeches.

And yet here we are, just one big, happy Tool family.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

That band profile is unbalanced and incomplete. It’s filled with negative words and images and is not inclusive of the positive aspects of Tool's art and music.

dark, violent images / Alex Grey art, sacred geometry
fixed, fiery glare / he sings in shadow now so we can't tell
disturbing primal sounds / ecstatic releases of energy
bone chilling whispers / hypnotizing poetic whispers
unparalleled hatred and loathing / check your ego
uncomfortable tension / pulsating sonic bliss (oh yeah)

And yet here we are, just one big, happy Tool family.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
01-23-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Let's arrange a "wall of death" next time they play "Sober" live.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM   #19
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Quote:

Let's arrange a "wall of death" next time they play "Sober" live.
01-23-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm glad you're being sarcastic because I have black rabbit named Bodhi. And his heart needs to stay where it is.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

I'm glad you're being sarcastic because I have black rabbit named Bodhi. And his heart needs to stay where it is.
Rolo's Avatar Rolo
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Am i the only one who's hoping "Theta" and "A World of Magnets and Miracles" aren't too far apart?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #21
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Am i the only one who's hoping "Theta" and "A World of Magnets and Miracles" aren't too far apart?
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Poles apart. (That's a Pink Floyd song BTW).
Old 01-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
Poles apart. (That's a Pink Floyd song BTW).
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
01-26-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Any moron that does that should be dragged out to the back of the venue and shot.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #23
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Any moron that does that should be dragged out to the back of the venue and shot.
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM

You're talking about a massacre occurring at every Tool show.

I'm gonna have to agree with you.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #24
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

You're talking about a massacre occurring at every Tool show.

I'm gonna have to agree with you.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Who moshes to TOOL anyway. Fucking clueless sheep do, wtf.
May as well mosh to Beethoven
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #25
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Who moshes to TOOL anyway. Fucking clueless sheep do, wtf.
May as well mosh to Beethoven
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM

May as well mosh to Bryan Adams
Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM   #26
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

May as well mosh to Bryan Adams
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM

May as well mosh to Tom Petty
Old 01-27-2009, 11:28 AM   #27
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

May as well mosh to Tom Petty
02-04-2009, 02:58 AM

May as well mosh to Hanson (how long can we keep this going?)
Old 02-04-2009, 02:58 AM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

May as well mosh to Hanson (how long can we keep this going?)
02-04-2009, 06:42 AM

May as well mosh to Brooke Hogan.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #29
Level 10 - Vehement

May as well mosh to Brooke Hogan.
gonzo's Avatar gonzo
02-04-2009, 08:35 AM

May as well mosh these grapes that have fallen on the floor...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #30
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

02-04-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post
Ya' fucked it up Boz....they had a theme going there.

May as well mosh to Enigma
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #31
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bozzio View Post

02-04-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

If I'm going to mosh to any of those bands/singers, I'm gonna need to be drunk.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #32
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post

If I'm going to mosh to any of those bands/singers, I'm gonna need to be drunk.
02-04-2009, 10:25 AM

Okay.

May as well mosh to Puscifer.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #33
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Okay.

May as well mosh to Puscifer.
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM

May as well mosh to Johnny Cash
Old 02-04-2009, 01:16 PM   #34