Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
kungfool
05-16-2006, 01:27 PM

THe problem didn't come when mixing, it's not clipping of the individual tracks...it's clipping on the actual CD master. The master is so compressed, that many of the digital samples that make up the CD are clipping. Yes, it's on every disc, and yes, there are many many threads about it. Just do a search on google for:

10,000 days, clipping

Anyway, it sucks. If you can't hear it, you're lucky...but it's there.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #81
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Problem: audiophiles, please read

THe problem didn't come when mixing, it's not clipping of the individual tracks...it's clipping on the actual CD master. The master is so compressed, that many of the digital samples that make up the CD are clipping. Yes, it's on every disc, and yes, there are many many threads about it. Just do a search on google for:

10,000 days, clipping

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
05-16-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfool
Yeah. I'm seriously envious of my friend who can't hear it. I want to like this record, I really do... but I can't even listen to it with headphones on.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #82
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfool
Yeah. I'm seriously envious of my friend who can't hear it. I want to like this record, I really do... but I can't even listen to it with headphones on.
vjtrip
05-16-2006, 01:51 PM

Also, keep eq settings flat.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #83
On Probation

Bincount™: 1

Also, keep eq settings flat.
Kinesthesis's Avatar Kinesthesis
05-16-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife21
I can here a problem at 1:59, 2:57, and 3:38 in Rosetta Stoned. Can anyone else here this?
Can you here it or there it?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:56 PM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife21
I can here a problem at 1:59, 2:57, and 3:38 in Rosetta Stoned. Can anyone else here this?
Can you here it or there it?
05-16-2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burning bridges
I can't hear anything.
Then you have a defective copy and should return it for a proper one.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 PM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by burning bridges
I can't hear anything.
Then you have a defective copy and should return it for a proper one.
I think this song is about old people and growing older. In the beginning of the song I believe I heard mention of watching re-runs of X-files, and old people really love that show.No one ever listens to old people. I can't remember one time when they weren't harping on about the good ol' days and talking about nonsensical things that never happened, while watching X-files, in their small and cluttered room in Happy Acres Retirement Homes, all the while they were pleading with me to listen.
crysyn's Avatar crysyn
05-16-2006, 02:12 PM

I just got done reading the Tool interview in Revolver magazine. I think it is interesting that Maynard said that a possible title for the album was "I Smell Poo".

Also, there is Danny holding the very hard of hearing object up to his head.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #86
Level 4 - Thinker

I just got done reading the Tool interview in Revolver magazine. I think it is interesting that Maynard said that a possible title for the album was "I Smell Poo".

Also, there is Danny holding the very hard of hearing object up to his head.
05-16-2006, 02:17 PM

The Sennheisers I hear about look good and have to sound great. I must have a listen.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:17 PM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

The Sennheisers I hear about look good and have to sound great. I must have a listen.
05-16-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
I must say. The leak I had, had no problems, good quality.

The first time I listened the CD through headphones (wireless Sennheisers) there was nothing, no distortion at all. But suddenly I started hearing it through various songs. As if the CD was losing quality. The Gongs in Wings for Marie where a complete mess. Very odd.

So I started messing with various settings, virtual surround, theatre settings, etc. In all setting I heard it, then I returned to the old standard setting. Then I found this solution:

Turn volume down, very soft. Start playing the cd, then turn on your headphones, start listening and increase volume. No more distortion for me.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. My other Tool _mp3s_ sound fine without the bullshit. Why should I have to bend over backwards to get this cd to sound like it should? Like that would even work anyway...
Old 05-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #88
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
I must say. The leak I had, had no problems, good quality.

The first time I listened the CD through headphones (wireless Sennheisers) there was nothing, no distortion at all. But suddenly I started hearing it through various songs. As if the CD was losing quality. The Gongs in Wings for Marie where a complete mess. Very odd.

So I started messing with various settings, virtual surround, theatre settings, etc. In all setting I heard it, then I returned to the old standard setting. Then I found this solution:

Turn volume down, very soft. Start playing the cd, then turn on your headphones, start listening and increase volume. No more distortion for me.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. My other Tool _mp3s_ sound fine without the bullshit. Why should I have to bend over backwards to get this cd to sound like it should? Like that would even work anyway...
Noumenon's Avatar Noumenon
05-16-2006, 02:30 PM

Sorry guys, I should have put more time in searching since Resonance pointed out that there's already a thread about this. Thanks for not flaming me though :-)

Maybe, in time, Tool will do something like what Nevermore did with Enemies of Reality. (For those who don't now, Nevermore recorded an absolutely crap-sounding record with a guy they'd never worked with before. Everybody hated it, so in the end they had their tried-and-tested producer remix the album: waaaay better)

We could start a petition to have Botrill do it properly? :-p
Old 05-16-2006, 02:30 PM   #89
Level 4 - Thinker

Sorry guys, I should have put more time in searching since Resonance pointed out that there's already a thread about this. Thanks for not flaming me though :-)

Maybe, in time, Tool will do something like what Nevermore did with Enemies of Reality. (For those who don't now, Nevermore recorded an absolutely crap-sounding record with a guy they'd never worked with before. Everybody hated it, so in the end they had their tried-and-tested producer remix the album: waaaay better)

harbong's Avatar harbong
05-16-2006, 02:34 PM

rush's vapor trails had the same "problem" I believe.
I am no audio technician, but as a musician, I've had music mastered before at least.
on this album it's just mastered to be as close to peak as possible (compression). so when your eq boosts certain freqs, it pushes those into distortion. that's why the cd sounds so much "louder" in comparison to previous tool records.
I kind of had the opposite problem with lateralus, it sounded as if the bass was undermixed and you had to eq it up.
if you were to listen to 10,000 days with no eq, and theoretically in a dead room, you would have perfection.
but who listens to cds in those circumstances?
Old 05-16-2006, 02:34 PM   #90
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

rush's vapor trails had the same "problem" I believe.
I am no audio technician, but as a musician, I've had music mastered before at least.
on this album it's just mastered to be as close to peak as possible (compression). so when your eq boosts certain freqs, it pushes those into distortion. that's why the cd sounds so much "louder" in comparison to previous tool records.
I kind of had the opposite problem with lateralus, it sounded as if the bass was undermixed and you had to eq it up.
if you were to listen to 10,000 days with no eq, and theoretically in a dead room, you would have perfection.
05-16-2006, 02:47 PM

I highly doubt these issues got past the band.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:47 PM   #91
amateur alchemist

I highly doubt these issues got past the band.
Jebussaves's Avatar Jebussaves
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM

this is happening because tool sucks now because they broke their deal with Satan....

You brake deals with him you pay big bitches!

Tool Released a Riff album...Congratulation Tool!

Last edited by Jebussaves; 05-16-2006 at 03:10 PM..
Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

this is happening because tool sucks now because they broke their deal with Satan....

You brake deals with him you pay big bitches!

Tool Released a Riff album...Congratulation Tool!

Last edited by Jebussaves; 05-16-2006 at 03:10 PM..
Yogho!'s Avatar Yogho!
05-16-2006, 03:08 PM

koop gewoon een nieuwe ?
Old 05-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #93
On Probation

Bincount™: 125

koop gewoon een nieuwe ?
Jebussaves's Avatar Jebussaves
05-16-2006, 03:09 PM

Old 05-16-2006, 03:09 PM   #94
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
05-16-2006, 03:18 PM

i hear none, and i'm trained to listen for it

wierd
Old 05-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #95
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

i hear none, and i'm trained to listen for it

wierd
05-16-2006, 03:20 PM

Turn down the bass.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #96
Level 7 - Loquacious

Turn down the bass.
05-16-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
Turn down the bass.
Not the problem. Flat eq, different stereos, all other Tool sounds fine. Try again.
Old 05-16-2006, 03:21 PM   #97
amateur alchemist

Quote:
Turn down the bass.
Not the problem. Flat eq, different stereos, all other Tool sounds fine. Try again.
Big G
05-16-2006, 06:54 PM

Is it something to do with the fact they've compressed the audio to fit 80 mins of music on a standard cd?

If i remember correctly an audio cd only holds 70 odd minutes of uncompressed audio?

just a stab.

I hear static clicks and white noise clearly on my headphone rig (grado HF-1, Portaphile v2^2 Headphone amplifier and lossless recording on a 4g Ipod.

very annoying, i cant listen into the recording as I did with Lateralus, its clearly obvious

on my loudspeaker system it is less obvious, my system is fairly resolving, but I think the recording is mastered for loudspeaker playback?
Old 05-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #98
Level 1 - Lurker

Is it something to do with the fact they've compressed the audio to fit 80 mins of music on a standard cd?

If i remember correctly an audio cd only holds 70 odd minutes of uncompressed audio?

just a stab.

I hear static clicks and white noise clearly on my headphone rig (grado HF-1, Portaphile v2^2 Headphone amplifier and lossless recording on a 4g Ipod.

very annoying, i cant listen into the recording as I did with Lateralus, its clearly obvious

on my loudspeaker system it is less obvious, my system is fairly resolving, but I think the recording is mastered for loudspeaker playback?
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
05-16-2006, 07:34 PM

sorry for my ignorance, but what sort of distortion do people hear? I've listened with a crappy set of headphones via PC, in my car, my DVD player (my CD player is on the blink). I can only hear popping with the PC-headphones thing, but nothing else and not with any other medium to play the disc. What should I be hearing?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #99
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698

sorry for my ignorance, but what sort of distortion do people hear? I've listened with a crappy set of headphones via PC, in my car, my DVD player (my CD player is on the blink). I can only hear popping with the PC-headphones thing, but nothing else and not with any other medium to play the disc. What should I be hearing?
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
05-16-2006, 07:51 PM

I wonder if this has to do with the HDCD encoding. I hear the distortion as well, mostly on Vicarious. I'm thinking that the extra bits that are only readable by and HDCD player make all the difference in the world. Odd that Lateralus sounds fine, though.

Another thing, if I rip the CD then I hear some digital beeps in a few songs, most notably on Right in Two. Again, Lateralus is fine but Aenima exhibits these noises on Third Eye. This could be due to the amound of data on the disc but, I must repeat, that Lateralus is fine.

I'm wondering if people with HDCD systems hear these distortions?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:51 PM   #100
Level 7 - Loquacious

I wonder if this has to do with the HDCD encoding. I hear the distortion as well, mostly on Vicarious. I'm thinking that the extra bits that are only readable by and HDCD player make all the difference in the world. Odd that Lateralus sounds fine, though.

Another thing, if I rip the CD then I hear some digital beeps in a few songs, most notably on Right in Two. Again, Lateralus is fine but Aenima exhibits these noises on Third Eye. This could be due to the amound of data on the disc but, I must repeat, that Lateralus is fine.

Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Turn down the bass.
I should add that the sound isn't really the distortion of the music itself. It's more of a scratchy type of sound. It appears to be a part of the recording but I think that it may be due to the HDCD endoded music played on a regular system.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #101
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Turn down the bass.
I should add that the sound isn't really the distortion of the music itself. It's more of a scratchy type of sound. It appears to be a part of the recording but I think that it may be due to the HDCD endoded music played on a regular system.
Juan_Corleone
05-16-2006, 07:57 PM

"mastered at "Gateway Mastering Studios" in Portland, Maine."

There is your problem. What was problaby a beautiful mix complete with dynamic range was sent to one of top mastering houses to be made "radio competitive" by crushing the life out of it with a limiter. Sadly this is all too common these days.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:57 PM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

"mastered at "Gateway Mastering Studios" in Portland, Maine."

There is your problem. What was problaby a beautiful mix complete with dynamic range was sent to one of top mastering houses to be made "radio competitive" by crushing the life out of it with a limiter. Sadly this is all too common these days.
aicrag88's Avatar aicrag88
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcanelli

i bought the album today at last and yes i had no problems whatsoever until i listened to right in two and i heard the digital bleeps once or twice but nothing to cry about, ive never heard this on any tool record, or alas, any new record that ive bought. But the rest of the CD seems perfect for my ears, but that kinda distracted me while i was listening to right in two, oh well, you cant have your cake and eat it....
Old 05-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #103
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcanelli

i bought the album today at last and yes i had no problems whatsoever until i listened to right in two and i heard the digital bleeps once or twice but nothing to cry about, ive never heard this on any tool record, or alas, any new record that ive bought. But the rest of the CD seems perfect for my ears, but that kinda distracted me while i was listening to right in two, oh well, you cant have your cake and eat it....
guitarpete987
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM

The clipping and distortion is most likely the result of them trying to fit this music onto a single standard CD. Compression is a bitch, and more and more bands are stretching the lengths of their albums.

However, none of this does anything to explain the hissing/white noise I hear all over this record.

A lot of the times it sounds like you are playing this on cassette or something. I hear it on the drum/bass break on Vicarious REALLY bad. And the hissing/white noise comes in and out during Jambi. The rest of the record is fine for the most part, but I hear it a wee bit on rosetta stoned and really bad on Right in Two.

This bothers me more than the clipping/distortion because the clipping distortion is without question the result of compression, and with the way CDs are mastered these days I"m pretty much used to it.

But this hissing, there's no excuse for it in the digital age.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #104
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

The clipping and distortion is most likely the result of them trying to fit this music onto a single standard CD. Compression is a bitch, and more and more bands are stretching the lengths of their albums.

However, none of this does anything to explain the hissing/white noise I hear all over this record.

A lot of the times it sounds like you are playing this on cassette or something. I hear it on the drum/bass break on Vicarious REALLY bad. And the hissing/white noise comes in and out during Jambi. The rest of the record is fine for the most part, but I hear it a wee bit on rosetta stoned and really bad on Right in Two.

This bothers me more than the clipping/distortion because the clipping distortion is without question the result of compression, and with the way CDs are mastered these days I"m pretty much used to it.

transfiguration
05-16-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
The only 'digital' that was used for this album as far as I understand is a transfer to Pro Tools for storage.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=67213&page=3&highlight=Joe+Barres i
http://www.mcdman.com/barresi.html

Mastering Stage...sure I'm sure it was touched digitally there.

My understanding is this album was recorded entirely to 2" analog tape....mixed on an analog console...and probably mixed down to 1/2" analog tape to send out for mastering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarresi
i'm not really interested in answering any questions, but seeing all the crap on protooling drums, i had to say why would anyone have to??? danny c. is an insanely good drummer, and if you mistake good musicianship with beat detective, then you've been recording/listening to computer music way too much. go out and find yourself a good band to record and put away the apple monitor. use your ****ing ears for a change. no click, no computer editing of anybody, no protools except to archive all the tracks from 2" tape. Like it or not, the band is happy and thats all that matters to me.
All the hiss and noise you guyz are hearing is 2" tape...everyone has become so used to ultra quiet noise floor of digital tracking and mixing that this noise and hiss you hear becomes intolerable for some.

I do miss Bottrill's work...I found it especially 3 dimensional..but Joe Barresi did a fantastic job capturing the meat of Justin's bass and of Adam's guitar tones....I'm sure they employed him based upon his work with the Melvins and Tomahawk.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #105
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
The only 'digital' that was used for this album as far as I understand is a transfer to Pro Tools for storage.

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php?t=67213&page=3&highlight=Joe+Barres i
http://www.mcdman.com/barresi.html

Mastering Stage...sure I'm sure it was touched digitally there.

My understanding is this album was recorded entirely to 2" analog tape....mixed on an analog console...and probably mixed down to 1/2" analog tape to send out for mastering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebarresi
i'm not really interested in answering any questions, but seeing all the crap on protooling drums, i had to say why would anyone have to??? danny c. is an insanely good drummer, and if you mistake good musicianship with beat detective, then you've been recording/listening to computer music way too much. go out and find yourself a good band to record and put away the apple monitor. use your ****ing ears for a change. no click, no computer editing of anybody, no protools except to archive all the tracks from 2" tape. Like it or not, the band is happy and thats all that matters to me.
All the hiss and noise you guyz are hearing is 2" tape...everyone has become so used to ultra quiet noise floor of digital tracking and mixing that this noise and hiss you hear becomes intolerable for some.

I do miss Bottrill's work...I found it especially 3 dimensional..but Joe Barresi did a fantastic job capturing the meat of Justin's bass and of Adam's guitar tones....I'm sure they employed him based upon his work with the Melvins and Tomahawk.
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM

Have any of you ever heard a really old blues recording?

I hadn't noticed the distortion and white noise until I read this thread. Now that I can pick it out, I know one of the reasons why I like the mood of this recording. It is raw, pained and broken. Also, the distortion is exponentially more obvious when you listen to it at maximum volume. Remember to protect your ears people, don't listen to music too loud. At the standard level for safe listening on my walkman I find it impossible to notice the distortion and curiously I find other things clearer, like the spoken voice in the background of Vicarious.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 PM   #106
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

I hadn't noticed the distortion and white noise until I read this thread. Now that I can pick it out, I know one of the reasons why I like the mood of this recording. It is raw, pained and broken. Also, the distortion is exponentially more obvious when you listen to it at maximum volume. Remember to protect your ears people, don't listen to music too loud. At the standard level for safe listening on my walkman I find it impossible to notice the distortion and curiously I find other things clearer, like the spoken voice in the background of Vicarious.
s62's Avatar s62
05-16-2006, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises

I'd suggest going about it like this, folks, if you're having problems with it. Personally, I can't hear a damn thing :D Poor bastards, it sounds great to me. Dunno. I'd try not to worry about it, though.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #107
s62
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises

I'd suggest going about it like this, folks, if you're having problems with it. Personally, I can't hear a damn thing :D Poor bastards, it sounds great to me. Dunno. I'd try not to worry about it, though.
05-17-2006, 12:57 AM

Meh who cares. I'm just waiting for the vinyl release. Then we can kiss all that digital ass goodbye.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:57 AM   #108
Level 2 - Poster

Meh who cares. I'm just waiting for the vinyl release. Then we can kiss all that digital ass goodbye.
Andorion's Avatar Andorion
05-17-2006, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
yeah, I've been saying this all along. It's almost as though the band is trying to gauge who can really tell good music and who is just blindly following. Again, I'm talking to the people who call 10,000 days Tool's best work. It's insulting to the band.
My eyes just rolled out the back of my head. Not this theory again.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:00 AM   #109
Avatar of the Gods (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by resonance.
yeah, I've been saying this all along. It's almost as though the band is trying to gauge who can really tell good music and who is just blindly following. Again, I'm talking to the people who call 10,000 days Tool's best work. It's insulting to the band.
Carbonatedgravy
05-17-2006, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorion
I wish you people would quit quoting this guy (resonance). It defeats the purpose of having him on "ignore."
Old 05-17-2006, 02:04 AM   #110
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorion
I wish you people would quit quoting this guy (resonance). It defeats the purpose of having him on "ignore."
happydipshit
05-17-2006, 04:04 AM

JOE BARESSI SUX MONKEY ASS
Old 05-17-2006, 04:04 AM   #111
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

JOE BARESSI SUX MONKEY ASS
Metlamaniac's Avatar Metlamaniac
05-17-2006, 04:06 AM

Im from Uk. I definately have 'clipping and popping' sounds on my disc. I have tried it on every stereo. I have tried my mates copies....same thing. Rosetta stoned is full of them. Very.....annoying I guess
Old 05-17-2006, 04:06 AM   #112

Bincount™: 15

Im from Uk. I definately have 'clipping and popping' sounds on my disc. I have tried it on every stereo. I have tried my mates copies....same thing. Rosetta stoned is full of them. Very.....annoying I guess
Strife21's Avatar Strife21
05-17-2006, 04:26 AM

I hear them the most in rosetta stoned, it does seem to be the most musically dynamic song too
Old 05-17-2006, 04:26 AM   #113
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I hear them the most in rosetta stoned, it does seem to be the most musically dynamic song too
taylormemer's Avatar taylormemer
05-17-2006, 05:37 AM

^^

True statement.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:37 AM   #114
Level 2 - Poster

^^

True statement.
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
05-17-2006, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong
I do! Quick, harbong, come and join me in the dead room!
Old 05-17-2006, 05:41 AM   #115
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbong
I do! Quick, harbong, come and join me in the dead room!
blafuckbla's Avatar blafuckbla
05-17-2006, 06:19 AM

The album was recorded analog i believe...maybe thats why, i have convinced myself i don't hear it anymore though :D ... btw i emailed blair about this some weeks ago, the bastard won't reply...
Old 05-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #116

The album was recorded analog i believe...maybe thats why, i have convinced myself i don't hear it anymore though :D ... btw i emailed blair about this some weeks ago, the bastard won't reply...
blafuckbla's Avatar blafuckbla
05-17-2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Turn down the bass.

that is actually true, i listen 10,000 Days with my bass settings on -1

nice and clear.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:27 AM   #117

Quote:
Turn down the bass.

that is actually true, i listen 10,000 Days with my bass settings on -1

nice and clear.
dvn
05-17-2006, 06:46 AM

Those hearing distortion need a better pre-amp.

-dvn
Old 05-17-2006, 06:46 AM   #118
dvn
Level 4 - Thinker

-dvn
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-17-2006, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumenon

Yeah, I know about Nevermore. They did remix it (same music, complete seperate album) and it DID sound way better. I'm not a big Nevermore fan but that's a cool bit of rock trivia.

As for the Botrill petition, where do I sign?
:P
Old 05-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #119
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumenon

Yeah, I know about Nevermore. They did remix it (same music, complete seperate album) and it DID sound way better. I'm not a big Nevermore fan but that's a cool bit of rock trivia.

As for the Botrill petition, where do I sign?
:P
elevate's Avatar elevate
05-17-2006, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn

-dvn
How do preamps undo excessive limiting?
Old 05-17-2006, 11:20 AM   #120
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn

-dvn
How do preamps undo excessive limiting?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply