opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #6761
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
Good one. What are you, 12?

You won't be anywhere near Faifax on 7/30....Dude.

What's funnier is that you could've easily actually changed my perception of New Englanders by offering your extra tickets.

Instead all you did was act like the typical New Englander that I've come to know and love. Kudos.

And what's with all this "You won't be anywhere near Fairfax on 7/30"? Is that somesort of a veiled threat or do you just think I'm bullshitting? Because my buddy and I will most certainly be at said show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #6762

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwest24 View Post
12 is probably a good guess, might be a little high though. poop is included in his username, also he hails from poop-town.
I'm sorry, you're right. I should've come up with a "handle" or username that has some profound, deep, mystical meaning right? Or some "handle" that related to Tool, MJK, etc., etc.

I'll do that next time.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #6763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
Lots of negative energy in this thread lately.... Troubling
Yeah no kidding. Talk to Peter Gammons, or whoever that New Englander is about it.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 02:17 PM   #6764
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
I am just a trash-talker that is frustrated. No harm meant. I just want to know the mystical SoCal Venue and date, then I'll go back to checking this thread occasionally as compared to the obsession that is consuming my existence these days. Is that too much to ask?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #6765
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80

hey all, ima be rolling about 7 hrs to the ATL show solo and im gone be ready to party after the show most probably, so if anyone is down to have a few oat sodas, let me know
Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #6766

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedabused View Post
[...]
And about PNC... It is set up like Riverbend for any who've been there, but it's covered. Hence why it's a pavillion and not an ampitheater. It doesn't have a lawn but there isn't a bad seat to be had.
Never been, but it's great news to hear there aren't any bad seats. Is that the truth? So, is the PNC entirely sloped for best views from anywhere? Is there a level ground floor? I ask because unfortunately my husband and I got floor seats in Cleveland a few years ago and never got to see the band because people are tall and like to stand. We couldn't see past the fans and that was a major bummer. I want to make sure we don't fall into that kind of location at the PNC.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #6767
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

I think we still have 1-2 more dates to be announced.

August 4th Montreal or upstate NY.

Plus that SoCal show.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #6768
Level 2 - Poster

sorry to all for my drunken "mlk" post it has caused much to do over nothing -really-but its quite funny -still no news on a boston show?????

Last edited by dada66; 06-18-2009 at 06:04 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 06:00 PM   #6769
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
Wait- Zombie MLK was signing bottles of Maynard's vino?? Damn, I miss all the good stuff...
yes it was really weird-
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #6770
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Not as troubling as zero energy, at least the ball is rollin.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #6771
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by dada66 View Post
sorry to all for my drunken "mlk" post it has caused much to do over nothing -really-but its quite funny -still no news on a boston show?????
Manchester = Boston.

Or as close as its going to get this tour.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #6772
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by egatimra View Post
Never been, but it's great news to hear there aren't any bad seats. Is that the truth? So, is the PNC entirely sloped for best views from anywhere? Is there a level ground floor? I ask because unfortunately my husband and I got floor seats in Cleveland a few years ago and never got to see the band because people are tall and like to stand. We couldn't see past the fans and that was a major bummer. I want to make sure we don't fall into that kind of location at the PNC.
There are a few pics of the seats in the photo gallery on their website. I've never sat in the pit, but it looks slightly sloped, if at all. The 200 level seats are really not that bad. I'm actually planning on getting a seat in the 200's cause A) they're cheaper and being laid off sucks and B) the view isn't all that bad.

Is the pit GA? There are chairs in it.. I might be too dumb to realize it right now, but hmm. I'm too old for GA Floor, so it never occured to me.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:42 PM   #6773
Level 7 - Loquacious

c'mon kansas city date...please be easy to just swing down there after lolla
08/30/06 Englewood,CO Coors Ampitheater, 05/08/2007 Albuquerque,NM Tingley Coliseum, 11/19/2007 Tulsa,OK Tulsa Convention Center,07/18/09 Denver,CO MileHighMusicFestival, 06/23/10 Oklahoma City,OK Ford Center, 06/28/10 Morrison,CO Red Rocks, 01/20/12 Grand Prairie,TX Verizon Theater, 01/21/12 Grand Prairie, TX Verizon Theater, 01/16/2016 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/26/2016 Denver, CO Pepsi Center, 10/28/2016 Little Rock,AR Verizon Arena, 05/13/2019 St. Louis, MO Enterprise Arena, 05/14/2019 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center, 10/29/2019 BOK Center Tulsa,OK, 01/30/2022 Tulsa, OK BOK Center, 10/03/23 Loveland, CO Budweiser Event Center
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:26 PM   #6774

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnfool View Post
c'mon kansas city date...please be easy to just swing down there after lolla
I really hope there is a KC date too!! I would love to catch them twice on this tour. So far Dallas is the only show within a reasonable distance (~ 4.5 hours). I think there is still a small chance they could do KC or St. Louis, but its small because there are not many more dates. Maybe a couple? (One of those is a Cali date for sure!!)
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:01 AM   #6775
Level 7 - Loquacious

Maynard was on WAAF in Boston. He wouldn't answer any Tool questions because he was having problems with his headphones, but did touch on his time living in Somerville.

WAAF will be giving away tickets for the Manchester show all weekend starting at 5 today for their "tools for fathers" weekend. I was hoping the show wouldn't be publicized as much in the Boston area to help us get tickets, but no such luck. They own this region.

Hope everyone gets through today.

Last edited by chunga; 06-19-2009 at 04:10 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #6776
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuspoop View Post
What's funnier is that you could've easily actually changed my perception of New Englanders by offering your extra tickets.

Instead all you did was act like the typical New Englander that I've come to know and love. Kudos.

And what's with all this "You won't be anywhere near Fairfax on 7/30"? Is that somesort of a veiled threat or do you just think I'm bullshitting? Because my buddy and I will most certainly be at said show.
You won't be there because your mommy's Subaru would never survive the trip.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 AM   #6777
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
I think we still have 1-2 more dates to be announced.

August 4th Montreal or upstate NY.

Plus that SoCal show.
Something like Syracuse would be nice. That's be an hour for me instead of the 5 for Fairfax and/or Manchester.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM   #6778
Level 4 - Thinker

re: ATL show floor. A rep in the box office confirmed for me that there were no seats on the floor for the Tool show on July 27. Ticketbastard's seating chart for the show is misleading per usual.

re: Cincy (PNC Pavilion) pit. No seats, one section, standing room only. Confirmed by box office rep via phone. I also think this venue looks really cool and that there actually might NOT be a bad seat. Looking forward to it. I'm actually going to be at Riverbend Amphitheatre for another show tomorrow night, so I'm gonna try to check out PNC to scope it. Too bad I'll already had to have bought the ticket at that point. Is it just me, or is it weird that they've built a second amphitheatre right next to Riverbend? Do other places have shit like that? No complaints here, though, cause smaller is better. I at first assumed it was at Riverbend, and I wasn't really thrilled, cause that place is HUGE.

re: bad vibes on this board. I'm sure most of us are just a bit frustrated with the whole consumer experience here, which combines the worst of Ticketmaster/Livenation horseshit with the typical Tool-related trickle of tour misinformation. Hope to see any of you at either the Cincy or ATL show and have a great time watching the magic happen onstage.

Yours truly, Fucktard McGhee
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 AM   #6779
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 143

re: Cincy show... Atleast they're not playing the Lifestyle Pavillion in Columbus. That place is just... yeah. PNC should be a good show!
Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #6780
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by btravis311 View Post
re: ATL show floor. A rep in the box office confirmed for me that there were no seats on the floor for the Tool show on July 27. Ticketbastard's seating chart for the show is misleading per usual.
I've been to the Gwinett Arena a few times, though it's been awhile. Had a friend who was there for NIN recently and he said it was sold out but the floor was still half empty, which is quite nice.

This time I'll be at Charlotte in the Bojangles Colliseum... I have to laugh every time I hear Tool and Bojangles in the same sentence.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #6781
Level 7 - Loquacious

ouch manchester's sold out already
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #6782
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by begmetostay View Post
FUCK YES I got 2 tickets in sec 221, balcony and I picked up a single in sec 108. theres still some singles available. I don't care though..I'm stoked
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #6783
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Just pulled a single in 108.
"Good seats still available..."
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #6784
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

I got 2 floor tickets for Manchester; I'm shocked I actually managed to get floor.

I havent been this excited since Tool played at the Orpheum back in 06.

This is going to be excellent.

I hope Maynard has been nurturing his voice...

...well at the very least the rest of the band will spot on.

They better play Disposition-Reflection-Triad.

I have to hear it live before I go.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #6785
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200L View Post
I got 2 floor tickets for Manchester; I'm shocked I actually managed to get floor.

I havent been this excited since Tool played at the Orpheum back in 06.

This is going to be excellent.

I hope Maynard has been nurturing his voice...

...well at the very least the rest of the band will spot on.

They better play Disposition-Reflection-Triad.

I have to hear it live before I go.

the pucsifer shows on youtube maynard sounds like he can't sing for shit, seriously..listen to em. but yea, i was so stoked for the orpheum show and I think this one is going to be extra 'special'. I have a feeling there will be some suprises lurking around.

Last edited by canorus; 06-19-2009 at 08:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #6786
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Got 2 sets of GA floor tickets. All spoken for. Next step.....flight reservations!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 08:44 AM   #6787
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
the pucsifer shows on youtube maynard sounds like he can't sing for shit, seriously..listen to em. but yea, i was so stoked for the orpheum show and I think this one os going to be extra 'special'. I have a feeling there will be some suprises lurking around.
Its too bad that Maynard blew his voice out.

I have a lot of Tool bootlegs and unfortunately his voice hasn't been the same since 1998.

It is painfully obvious that even during the Lateralus tours his voice was going (see any versions of H, Reflection, 46 & 2 etc) He couldn't hit any of the high notes, although I have a version of Third Eye from Oklahoma which is ridiculous (he used a loudspeaker for the yelling parts, which was very effective; he should definitely bring that back)

I believe its all his own fault; APC, in my opinion, shouldn't have happened (I think deep down, the rest of the band agrees), although I love the music, the excessive touring definitely killed his voice and on top of that he did far too many shows with Tool as it was.

His screaming did him in, but it was amazing while it lasted.

No complaints here though, they're still my favorite band.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #6788
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

I have a lot of Tool bootlegs and unfortunately his voice hasn't been the same since 1998.

It is painfully obvious that even during the Lateralus tours his voice was going (see any versions of H, Reflection, 46 & 2 etc) He couldn't hit any of the high notes, although I have a version of Third Eye from Oklahoma which is ridiculous (he used a loudspeaker for the yelling parts, which was very effective; he should definitely bring that back)

I believe its all his own fault; APC, in my opinion, shouldn't have happened (I think deep down, the rest of the band agrees), although I love the music, the excessive touring definitely killed his voice and on top of that he did far too many shows with Tool as it was.

Well at least he can still sing in some regard. 10,000 days tour was good. While he didn't hold the notes out or hit em high, he can still get through it. these songs are fuckin hard to sing. the man is getting old also. but its not all about him. the band will always be tighter than a virgin pussy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #6789
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

I think way too many people confuse "blowing your voice out" with the natural changes that a person's voice goes through by use over time and with age. Of course he isn't going to sound the same as he did over 10 years ago. Nobody does. Who cares though? Do people think that the sound of a voice on an album is totally natural and recorded in one attempt? I was watching a Led Zeppelin concert on tv yesterday and Robert Plant was not hitting all of the high notes as recorded on their albums, yet it still sounded great.

My point is that nobody should expect any singer to be able to hit all of the notes that were recorded on an album from years and years ago.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #6790
Level 7 - Loquacious

damn just got on and looked for a single and got a pretty good fucking seat. Too bad my best friend and gf can't go now
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #6791
Level 7 - Loquacious

just went again for a single and got sec 104 for my friend. my gf's not really a tool fan.

edit: I was so bummed and now I'm too excited. I really hope they play d/r/t. though I don't really need t
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #6792

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogys View Post
I'm going to guess 5 minutes, 10 minutes TOP. Nothing against Dallas, but there's a greater population base in New England and Manchester is a close drive (within an hour and half of most of them).
Still tickets out there.... 5 or 10 minutes well I think we kinda jumped the gun on that statement. There are still PLENTY of singles in the 100's (just pulled up 123 row C). Nothing against the New England area, but I guess there was just higher demand in the SOUTH!! Just kidding!!! I guess you cant really compare the two anyway since Nokia is 6k and the Manchester venue is 10k.
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:08 AM   #6793
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
just went again for a single and got sec 104 for my friend. my gf's not really a tool fan.

edit: I was so bummed and now I'm too excited. I really hope they play d/r/t. though I don't really need t
aren't u glad we told you there were singles?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:10 AM   #6794
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Still tickets out there.... 5 or 10 minutes well I think we kinda jumped the gun on that statement. There are still PLENTY of singles in the 100's (just pulled up 123 row C). Nothing against the New England area, but I guess there was just higher demand in the SOUTH!! Just kidding!!! I guess you cant really compare the two anyway since Nokia is 6k and the Manchester venue is 10k.
well anything but a single sold out in 3-4 mins
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #6795
On Probation

Bincount™: 7

there's a live version of vicarious in honolulu where maynards voice is golden, he screams every part perfectly including the climactic ending, it send chills down my spine when i first heard it because i never expect to hear that part, especially as forceful and clear as it was.

and then i remember vegas, the last show of their tour in 2007, where maynard simply held the mic out to the audience and moved his hand and mouth like a puppet, mimicking us in every way...i felt indirectly raped, but that's ok. because justin brought a banana over to maynard and he proceeded to fellatio the banana and even cupped the imaginary banana testicles on stage. what a f@ggot.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #6796

Quote:
I believe its all his own fault; APC, in my opinion, shouldn't have happened (I think deep down, the rest of the band agrees)
Tool is my favorite band too. That being said....APC should have never happened?? That is the most ridiculous and fucked up
statement I have read on here in a long while. Thats just no respect for Billy Howerdel... he deserved to have maynard do the vocals for his music. That is some of my favorite music.. Mer De Noms and the Thirteenth Step are masterpieces!!! I would suggest you go listen to those albums one more time all the way through. I know its "your opinion", but I can not believe a Tool fan would make such a statement. I guess puscifer shouldnt exist cause it takes too much time away from Tool, and danny shouldnt play with volto cause he might hurt his shoulder and not be able to tour with Tool. But actually Tool might not even be together if these guys didnt have side projects to give them a break from TOOL.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #6797
Level 3 - Talker

Landed 3 GA tix to Manchester. Going to ask this question AGAIN but now pertaining to this particular show. What does GA mean this time around? Actual GA or seated floor? Thanks!
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #6798
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 206

Open floor........no seats
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #6799
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miler412 View Post
Landed 3 GA tix to Manchester. Going to ask this question AGAIN but now pertaining to this particular show. What does GA mean this time around? Actual GA or seated floor? Thanks!
general admission = go wherever the fuck you want
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
You won't be there because your mommy's Subaru would never survive the trip.
You're right. Maybe I'll use the Nina, Pinta, or Santa Maria.

How are the Dropkick Murphy's doing pal?
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: