Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 05. The Pot
User Name
Password
Freemena
03-28-2007, 11:33 AM

Alright... I can accept that interpretation, sort of... it was my understanding that the Ajna was more closely associated with the third eye, self-awareness, time or light, rather than the "self". So, I will accept the interpretaion as "weeping shades of self-awareness that that has been deceived" That would fit with the rest of the song. Thank you. I must look further into the tantric interpretations, I guess.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #81
Banned.

Bincount™: 8223
Re: Cozened Indigo

Alright... I can accept that interpretation, sort of... it was my understanding that the Ajna was more closely associated with the third eye, self-awareness, time or light, rather than the "self". So, I will accept the interpretaion as "weeping shades of self-awareness that that has been deceived" That would fit with the rest of the song. Thank you. I must look further into the tantric interpretations, I guess.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jevons
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Your heart chakra is at the base of your throat, so are your vocal chords.
''Self'' in terms of personality, what others see.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 AM   #82
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Your heart chakra is at the base of your throat, so are your vocal chords.
''Self'' in terms of personality, what others see.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
I can't believe i'm about to do this...

Ok, water is the basis of existence, however, without fire we would not have taken the first step toward civilization.
Fire = everything.

This is ridiculous. Without any of the five elements (5 = chaos/spirit), nothing would be.
NOTHING.
lol, yeah but it was fun
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #83
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
I can't believe i'm about to do this...

Ok, water is the basis of existence, however, without fire we would not have taken the first step toward civilization.
Fire = everything.

This is ridiculous. Without any of the five elements (5 = chaos/spirit), nothing would be.
NOTHING.
lol, yeah but it was fun
03-29-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemena View Post
I can understand making references to the chakra and tantric stuff, but I highly doubt this song has ANYthing to do with the chakras or tantric stuff at all. That's just reading a little bit, ok WAY too much into it.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #84
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemena View Post
I can understand making references to the chakra and tantric stuff, but I highly doubt this song has ANYthing to do with the chakras or tantric stuff at all. That's just reading a little bit, ok WAY too much into it.
05-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Can anyone find a pic of maynard in blue jeans? The lizard guy would freak out. Don't get me wrong lizard guy, i like you, but i don't think the jeans thing is right.

Now I'm out of my shell and I'm happier than whores with chivalrous clientele
Old 05-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #85
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

Can anyone find a pic of maynard in blue jeans? The lizard guy would freak out. Don't get me wrong lizard guy, i like you, but i don't think the jeans thing is right.

jevons
05-14-2007, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
Dont encourage him.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:58 AM   #86
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo_hung_me2 View Post
Dont encourage him.
tryptosaur
05-30-2007, 12:56 PM

The kangaroo reference is obvious!
Remember that awesome song "Pass the Dutchee" by Musical Youth?
They were in a court with a kangaroo in there.
"Dutchee" is a eubonic term for cannabis rolled in tobacco leaf.
Why be in a court with a kangaroo singing joyfully to pass the Dutchee (the pot) on the left hand side?
Traditionally the evil path has been called "the lefthanded path".
The blue/indigo jeans/genes are merely ha(n)dmedowns that came from sATAN hIMSELF to his younger brother/next generation of sATANISTS along with the standard shiny red costumes complete with horns and a tail.
It's a direct reference to Jambi! The devil and his ha(n)dmedowns...
Also he's deliberately tying in Rosetta Stoned here---the Australian doctor?
He's setting us up for the classic 1-2 punch (from a kangaroo with boxing gloves)!
Sorry to repeat myself, but I think it is strongly warranted here: There was an experiment that took place back throughout the 70s called the Montauk Project, where a Kangaroo supposedly came through a wormhole that was electromagnetically generated as a kind of continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment from th 40s, I believe.
Starting to see, now?
Area 51, kangaroos, cannabis, Australian doctor, courtroom featuring Musical Youth, and the ever ominous reptillian blueblooded scumbags who prance around the media like their shit don't stink!
Not to mention direct Devil-references, connected with hand-me-downs (which always have at least one pair of jeans{genes} included!
The blue jeans are EVIL.
"I taught him to eat things that would make a billygoat PUKE!"
For a free Psychic Reading online can anyone tell me what famous movie character was being referred to here and who said the line?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #87

Bincount™: 0

The kangaroo reference is obvious!
Remember that awesome song "Pass the Dutchee" by Musical Youth?
They were in a court with a kangaroo in there.
"Dutchee" is a eubonic term for cannabis rolled in tobacco leaf.
Why be in a court with a kangaroo singing joyfully to pass the Dutchee (the pot) on the left hand side?
Traditionally the evil path has been called "the lefthanded path".
The blue/indigo jeans/genes are merely ha(n)dmedowns that came from sATAN hIMSELF to his younger brother/next generation of sATANISTS along with the standard shiny red costumes complete with horns and a tail.
It's a direct reference to Jambi! The devil and his ha(n)dmedowns...
Also he's deliberately tying in Rosetta Stoned here---the Australian doctor?
He's setting us up for the classic 1-2 punch (from a kangaroo with boxing gloves)!
Sorry to repeat myself, but I think it is strongly warranted here: There was an experiment that took place back throughout the 70s called the Montauk Project, where a Kangaroo supposedly came through a wormhole that was electromagnetically generated as a kind of continuation of the Philadelphia Experiment from th 40s, I believe.
Starting to see, now?
Area 51, kangaroos, cannabis, Australian doctor, courtroom featuring Musical Youth, and the ever ominous reptillian blueblooded scumbags who prance around the media like their shit don't stink!
Not to mention direct Devil-references, connected with hand-me-downs (which always have at least one pair of jeans{genes} included!
The blue jeans are EVIL.
"I taught him to eat things that would make a billygoat PUKE!"
For a free Psychic Reading online can anyone tell me what famous movie character was being referred to here and who said the line?
tryptosaur
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM

Hint: Colonel Trautman said the line.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #88

Hint: Colonel Trautman said the line.
Kangaroo_hung_me2's Avatar Kangaroo_hung_me2
06-09-2007, 08:10 AM

First Blood.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:10 AM   #89

First Blood.

]v[edusa
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM

ok..... I will now make it this as clear as I can.

"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo
(Musta) got lemon juice up in your eye"

Yes, indigo is referring to the third eye chakra in the song. Now, hes not talking about the opened third eye, Maynard is talking about the out of balanced or shaded thrid eye.

The third eye is the center for intuitive perception, vision, dreams, imagination, concentration, intellect, etc.

When the third eye chakra is out of balance it causes you to be judgemental, fearful, gossipy, etc.

This seems to be the dark or shaded aspect of the third eye chakra. It is also known that when people ignore their shadow side they tend to be a hypocrite. This is because they hide in the fact that they to have issues and problems so they must play innocent by crying out that a specific person is guilty when clearly they are guilty as well. Therefore they are weeping shades of cozened indigo.

This part is only a thought:

Obviously lemon juice in your eye would cause you to cry. Maynard is talking about the third eye. I have a thought on the lemon juice, but I'm not so for sure I'm right. All I know is that the lemon is yellow and so is the will/ego chakra. So maybe the ego could be getting in the way of the third eye functioning properly. yellow is opposite to indigo on the colour wheel.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 07-03-2007 at 07:47 PM..
Old 07-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #90
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Yes, indigo is referring to the third eye chakra in the song. Now, hes not talking about the opened third eye, Maynard is talking about the out of balanced or shaded thrid eye.

The third eye is the center for intuitive perception, vision, dreams, imagination, concentration, intellect, etc.

When the third eye chakra is out of balance it causes you to be judgemental, fearful, gossipy, etc.

This seems to be the dark or shaded aspect of the third eye chakra. It is also known that when people ignore their shadow side they tend to be a hypocrite. This is because they hide in the fact that they to have issues and problems so they must play innocent by crying out that a specific person is guilty when clearly they are guilty as well. Therefore they are weeping shades of cozened indigo.

Obviously lemon juice in your eye would cause you to cry. Maynard is talking about the third eye. I have a thought on the lemon juice, but I'm not so for sure I'm right. All I know is that the lemon is yellow and so is the will/ego chakra. So maybe the ego could be getting in the way of the third eye functioning properly. yellow is opposite to indigo on the colour wheel.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 07-03-2007 at 07:47 PM..
07-05-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post

Clear as you can as far as YOUR OPINION that it has anything to do with the 3rd eye. Just because it strikes a chord with you related to chakras and such doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with that. There are some lyrics and/or songs which are more obvious than others...just like my opinion is that this song has absolutely nothing to do with chakras and 3rd eyes.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #91
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Clear as you can as far as YOUR OPINION that it has anything to do with the 3rd eye. Just because it strikes a chord with you related to chakras and such doesn't mean it actually has anything to do with that. There are some lyrics and/or songs which are more obvious than others...just like my opinion is that this song has absolutely nothing to do with chakras and 3rd eyes.
07-05-2007, 08:34 PM

i simply dont think the "official" lyrics are correct. they certainly arent posted on toolband.com. maynard didnt descend from a golden cloud and stamp them with the huge rubber "official" stamp. ive spent hours with a lossless WMA file in Adobe's Audition, cleaning it up, reducing noice, extracting the center channel of just his voice; and as clear as day its a "CH" sound, as in choke, chop, chosen. other parts of the lyrics appear to not only be missing, but wrong. (on top of that, there are separate words being said very softly, low, and under the music. i cant exactly tell what they say, but its kind of reminiscent of viginti tres they way you fool around with it and stuff - but i digress.) he simply doesnt sing "cozened", has anyone looked at the pronuciation? it would be pronounced like "cousin" (kŭz'en). u can flame away telling me "BUT THEY'RE OFFICIAL" all you want, i dont care. its just not what he sings.

Last edited by The Holy Gift; 07-05-2007 at 08:37 PM..
Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i simply dont think the "official" lyrics are correct. they certainly arent posted on toolband.com. maynard didnt descend from a golden cloud and stamp them with the huge rubber "official" stamp. ive spent hours with a lossless WMA file in Adobe's Audition, cleaning it up, reducing noice, extracting the center channel of just his voice; and as clear as day its a "CH" sound, as in choke, chop, chosen. other parts of the lyrics appear to not only be missing, but wrong. (on top of that, there are separate words being said very softly, low, and under the music. i cant exactly tell what they say, but its kind of reminiscent of viginti tres they way you fool around with it and stuff - but i digress.) he simply doesnt sing "cozened", has anyone looked at the pronuciation? it would be pronounced like "cousin" (kŭz'en). u can flame away telling me "BUT THEY'RE OFFICIAL" all you want, i dont care. its just not what he sings.

Last edited by The Holy Gift; 07-05-2007 at 08:37 PM..
]v[edusa
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
So it must be a weird coincidence eh?

first, Maynard says that they are weeping. what is shedding tears? and what about the lemon juice in the eye? notice how it says "eye" and not "eyes"? What the hell are they talking about if Tool isn't talking about the third eye here?

I guess the whole "indigo" part isn't such a dead give away that hes talking about the third eye especially after listening that someone was weeping (tears come from eyes)?

By the way (a little off topic), to anyone wondering, the indigo children are given the name "indigo" because they are supposedly associated with the third eye chakra. They also give off an indigo aura the most out of all auras... supposedly we all give off a specific aura the most. If yours is yellow you are associated with the navel chakra, if yours is green you are associated with the heart chakra, etc.. I personally don't know what to think of all of it. Like arent we all supposed to be equal here? Wouldn't it seem a bit unfair that you represent the root chakra and not the third eye or crown chakra? I dont know, I also dont really read too much on the indigo and crystal children so I may be missing something.

So back to this, the third eye has to do with judgment.... so the unbalanced third eye would mean that you are at risk of being a hypocrite and you would point the finger at others.

lets review:

weeping: when we weep, we shed tears and cry. Tears come from eyes.
lemon juice in your eye: wouldnt lemon juice in your eye cause you to shed tears?
indigo: colour of intuition, dignity and spiritual aspirations... the third eye
unbalanced third eye: judgemental, hypocrite
the pot: about hypocrisy

I stand strong to my opinions just like you inner eulogy, but if I am ever proven wrong I wont hold on to my old beliefs strongly, I will just let them go, and move on.

So lets hear your opinion.,...
Old 07-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #93
Banned.

Quote:

first, Maynard says that they are weeping. what is shedding tears? and what about the lemon juice in the eye? notice how it says "eye" and not "eyes"? What the hell are they talking about if Tool isn't talking about the third eye here?

I guess the whole "indigo" part isn't such a dead give away that hes talking about the third eye especially after listening that someone was weeping (tears come from eyes)?

By the way (a little off topic), to anyone wondering, the indigo children are given the name "indigo" because they are supposedly associated with the third eye chakra. They also give off an indigo aura the most out of all auras... supposedly we all give off a specific aura the most. If yours is yellow you are associated with the navel chakra, if yours is green you are associated with the heart chakra, etc.. I personally don't know what to think of all of it. Like arent we all supposed to be equal here? Wouldn't it seem a bit unfair that you represent the root chakra and not the third eye or crown chakra? I dont know, I also dont really read too much on the indigo and crystal children so I may be missing something.

So back to this, the third eye has to do with judgment.... so the unbalanced third eye would mean that you are at risk of being a hypocrite and you would point the finger at others.

lets review:

lemon juice in your eye: wouldnt lemon juice in your eye cause you to shed tears?

I stand strong to my opinions just like you inner eulogy, but if I am ever proven wrong I wont hold on to my old beliefs strongly, I will just let them go, and move on.

07-09-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:

lets review:

Just because there's lemon juice in only one eye doesnt mean it's your 3rd eye for starters. Indigo is also JUST a color, doesn't have to be related to colors of the chakra. It can very easily just be as simple as what it says. I never said you were wrong, I stated I don't agree with your New Age thoughts on every single little aspect of Tool. And was arguing the point that you claimed YOUR OPINION to be fact or more accurate than others.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:38 AM   #94
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

lets review:

Just because there's lemon juice in only one eye doesnt mean it's your 3rd eye for starters. Indigo is also JUST a color, doesn't have to be related to colors of the chakra. It can very easily just be as simple as what it says. I never said you were wrong, I stated I don't agree with your New Age thoughts on every single little aspect of Tool. And was arguing the point that you claimed YOUR OPINION to be fact or more accurate than others.
Cheesegreater
07-09-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I agree with Inner here. I think you're going a bit far out on a limb moreso than usual with this one. I love your New Age ideas as well, but I don't see them as being applicable in all Tool songs. You're obviously very interested in your field of study. When you're especially interested in one facet of life like you are it's only natural to want to apply wherever you think it may fit. In this case, I disagree.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:37 PM   #95
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
I agree with Inner here. I think you're going a bit far out on a limb moreso than usual with this one. I love your New Age ideas as well, but I don't see them as being applicable in all Tool songs. You're obviously very interested in your field of study. When you're especially interested in one facet of life like you are it's only natural to want to apply wherever you think it may fit. In this case, I disagree.
]v[edusa
07-09-2007, 11:43 PM

what new age thoughts? The 6th chakra is not new age. I never said it was fact, I was actually asking for your opinion on the indigo part becuase I was interested.

by the way, when I said "let me make this clear"; I meant it as "let me make this so that its easy for you to understand" not "this is the absolute right opinion, everyone listen to me now because this is the only right opinion".

Quit assuming that I think I have the absolute right opinion all the time.

Dammit.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:43 PM   #96
Banned.

what new age thoughts? The 6th chakra is not new age. I never said it was fact, I was actually asking for your opinion on the indigo part becuase I was interested.

by the way, when I said "let me make this clear"; I meant it as "let me make this so that its easy for you to understand" not "this is the absolute right opinion, everyone listen to me now because this is the only right opinion".

Dammit.
07-10-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:

Dammit.
I beg to differ. If you are looking for a book on 3rd eyes and chakras...where will you find that book I ask?? The "NEW AGE" section. Hence my reference to it being new age.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #97
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Dammit.
I beg to differ. If you are looking for a book on 3rd eyes and chakras...where will you find that book I ask?? The "NEW AGE" section. Hence my reference to it being new age.
07-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry I thought new age only meant new spiritual movements in the past century. I guess you could consider it "new age" but chakras have been known far before there was a new age section. Known all over the world too, including the native americans.

and quit ignoring the fact that I asked you several times for your opinion on the line.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:09 PM   #98
Banned.

Quote:
Sorry I thought new age only meant new spiritual movements in the past century. I guess you could consider it "new age" but chakras have been known far before there was a new age section. Known all over the world too, including the native americans.

and quit ignoring the fact that I asked you several times for your opinion on the line.
The Holy Gift's Avatar The Holy Gift
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM

well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong. second lets look at the line, then, as he sings it: now your weaping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

here is the assumptions we'll be using:
indigo is closely related to spirituality/power. (and how many stupid "miracles" have we seen of statues of mary and jesus weaping?)
lemon juice in the eye would force you to shed tears, as such is your eye's natural defense to foreign things.

so i feel, what hes saying, and ill be using the pronoun YOU as the universal you that he uses in the song:

you were "weaping tears" to claim power and spirituality, but the lemon juice in your eye forced to to shed those tears, so they arent sincere.

basically hes saying people that claim spirituality/power like false prophets, leaders of churches, heads of state, are all insincere in their claims.

thats how i view it, and it fits to me because this song is about hypocrisy.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:05 AM   #99
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong. second lets look at the line, then, as he sings it: now your weaping shades of chosen indigo, got lemon juice up in your eye.

here is the assumptions we'll be using:
indigo is closely related to spirituality/power. (and how many stupid "miracles" have we seen of statues of mary and jesus weaping?)
lemon juice in the eye would force you to shed tears, as such is your eye's natural defense to foreign things.

so i feel, what hes saying, and ill be using the pronoun YOU as the universal you that he uses in the song:

you were "weaping tears" to claim power and spirituality, but the lemon juice in your eye forced to to shed those tears, so they arent sincere.

basically hes saying people that claim spirituality/power like false prophets, leaders of churches, heads of state, are all insincere in their claims.

thats how i view it, and it fits to me because this song is about hypocrisy.
07-11-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:

I'm well aware that that these things have been known for a very long time. And I haven't set my sights yet upon any particular meaning as of yet to the line.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #100
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I'm well aware that that these things have been known for a very long time. And I haven't set my sights yet upon any particular meaning as of yet to the line.
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM

goodness, there's no reason to dig so deep here

this whole song is about a hypocritical individual whose hypocrisy is manifest through a grand facade of ingenuine concern. a 'kangaroo court' is a judicial proceeding when the decision has already been made - the judge/jury does not care about "justice" because they have shut their ears to the evidence, but they wear their robe and parade the witnesses as if they give a shit about justice.

the courtroom is the metaphor, a simple one. the classic image of this facade is the "weeping widow" on the stand - think zeta jones in 'chicago', you know you've seen it.

Cozened indigo - the woman claiming to have emotion on the stand while condemning the heartless defendant layers on blue (indigo) mascara so her fake tears (produced with lemon juice since there is no real emotion behind them) can be seen across the court room.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #101
Level 4 - Thinker

this whole song is about a hypocritical individual whose hypocrisy is manifest through a grand facade of ingenuine concern. a 'kangaroo court' is a judicial proceeding when the decision has already been made - the judge/jury does not care about "justice" because they have shut their ears to the evidence, but they wear their robe and parade the witnesses as if they give a shit about justice.

the courtroom is the metaphor, a simple one. the classic image of this facade is the "weeping widow" on the stand - think zeta jones in 'chicago', you know you've seen it.

Cozened indigo - the woman claiming to have emotion on the stand while condemning the heartless defendant layers on blue (indigo) mascara so her fake tears (produced with lemon juice since there is no real emotion behind them) can be seen across the court room.
Cheesegreater
07-11-2007, 02:23 PM

Here's my take on the line.

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #102
Level 8 - Vociferous

Weeping shades of cozened indigo means you are weeping with ill intent; think about when people put on the water-works just to get their way. So when Maynard says, "Musta got lemon-juice up in your eye" he's poking fun at the people who fake their emotions for personal gain.

Lines like "When you pissed all over my black kettle." are talking about hypocrisy obviously. Remember it was The Pot that called the kettle black. The Pot in this song is the collective hypocrisy going on in the world today. The Pot is pissing on the kettle because it pretends to be so much better when in actuality, they are the same thing.
07-12-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahhnevermind View Post

Much better than a cozened indigo chakra system crying out of the 3rd eye...hehe
Old 07-12-2007, 09:37 AM   #103
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Much better than a cozened indigo chakra system crying out of the 3rd eye...hehe
07-12-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post

Agreed
Old 07-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #104
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

Agreed
07-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Dammit, I hope you aren't talking about me. I'm so sick of people thinking that I'm thinking too deep on here. Don't people effortlessly think or effortlessly "think deep"? Ok, so what may seem so deep to you actually flows from my brain to the keyboard effortlessly. Pardon my honesty, but for the love of God quit it with all the "over analyzing"/"too deep thinking" bullshit!

Quote:

yah exactly. That is exactly it.

The only thing I was attempt to do was explain the significance of the color indigo in the song. ~
Old 07-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #105
Banned.

Quote:
Dammit, I hope you aren't talking about me. I'm so sick of people thinking that I'm thinking too deep on here. Don't people effortlessly think or effortlessly "think deep"? Ok, so what may seem so deep to you actually flows from my brain to the keyboard effortlessly. Pardon my honesty, but for the love of God quit it with all the "over analyzing"/"too deep thinking" bullshit!

Quote:

yah exactly. That is exactly it.

The only thing I was attempt to do was explain the significance of the color indigo in the song. ~
07-13-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:

You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song. Which again, I think I speak for a few here in saying that we disagree it has ANYthing to do with your chakra or 3rd eye OPINION. Hence all the comments about you thinking to deep about it, perhaps a better way of what I'm sure they meant to say was that your idea/theory of chakras and whatnot are a little off course. On Lateralus pr perhaps Aenima, I might at least consider it being something semi-related to that...not this album.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM   #106
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song. Which again, I think I speak for a few here in saying that we disagree it has ANYthing to do with your chakra or 3rd eye OPINION. Hence all the comments about you thinking to deep about it, perhaps a better way of what I'm sure they meant to say was that your idea/theory of chakras and whatnot are a little off course. On Lateralus pr perhaps Aenima, I might at least consider it being something semi-related to that...not this album.
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Holy Gift View Post
well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong.
I agree with you about the "official" lyrics...Listen to the song...all the clues are their. Trust your ears. Can you listen?

I think this song is about hypocrisy. I see each stanza as a diff. form of hypocrisy.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #107
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Holy Gift View Post
well first off im like 99.9856% positive it isnt "cozened" since speach of the word the way it used in the song doesnt exist. i have done some audio editing on it, and it sounds just like chosen. i dont care what the "official" lyrics say...especially considering that isnt the only place they would be wrong.
I agree with you about the "official" lyrics...Listen to the song...all the clues are their. Trust your ears. Can you listen?

I think this song is about hypocrisy. I see each stanza as a diff. form of hypocrisy.

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
]v[edusa
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song.
You know if you read correctly I said I was attempting to explain the significance. So in other words, I just said that it was my opinion. Let people speak for themselves.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #108
Banned.

Quote:
You mean, you're OPINION of what the signifigance is of the color indigo in the song.
You know if you read correctly I said I was attempting to explain the significance. So in other words, I just said that it was my opinion. Let people speak for themselves.
07-16-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Well maybe you should be out in the mountaintops meditating instead posting in threads on the computer...isn't technology the very thing that dampers our enlightenment anyways?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 AM   #109
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Well maybe you should be out in the mountaintops meditating instead posting in threads on the computer...isn't technology the very thing that dampers our enlightenment anyways?
07-16-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Ooohhh what a comeback. Now you are just trying to defend yourself by attempting to make me look lower then you. Why the fuck are you even trying to fight with me about this? All I did was state my opinion. You disagreed so I asked why you disagreed. It does annoy me quite a bit when someone comes in with their nose high in the air saying that they disagree with something without attempting to prove me wrong or prove that they have a better explanation.

By the way I have pretty good reasons for being on these forums/on the internet. I don't get the pleasure to have certain conversations that I have on here in real life. So I communicate with certain people on here about certain topics. There is nothing fake about communicating with people.

At least I don't come on here just to disagree with everyone on here, be an ignorant asshole, and be egoistic, while everyone replies to what I am saying to the back of my head; because then I would be truly wasting my time and actually be dampening my enlightenment.

Pardon me for being ignorant and being a hypocrite, but it seems to be the only way to reflect who you truly are on these forums.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #110
Banned.

Quote:
Ooohhh what a comeback. Now you are just trying to defend yourself by attempting to make me look lower then you. Why the fuck are you even trying to fight with me about this? All I did was state my opinion. You disagreed so I asked why you disagreed. It does annoy me quite a bit when someone comes in with their nose high in the air saying that they disagree with something without attempting to prove me wrong or prove that they have a better explanation.

By the way I have pretty good reasons for being on these forums/on the internet. I don't get the pleasure to have certain conversations that I have on here in real life. So I communicate with certain people on here about certain topics. There is nothing fake about communicating with people.

At least I don't come on here just to disagree with everyone on here, be an ignorant asshole, and be egoistic, while everyone replies to what I am saying to the back of my head; because then I would be truly wasting my time and actually be dampening my enlightenment.

Pardon me for being ignorant and being a hypocrite, but it seems to be the only way to reflect who you truly are on these forums.
paraflux
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM

remember to attack the idea, not the person
Old 07-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #111
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070

remember to attack the idea, not the person
07-16-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:

I'm not completely egotistical...as a matter fact you should go the to thread under Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels if you think I don't have a soft spot. And you're right, I was being an ass and I apoligize. I've been under tremendous stress and depression lately, that thread may offer an insight
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #112
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I'm not completely egotistical...as a matter fact you should go the to thread under Right In Two - Identifying With The Angels if you think I don't have a soft spot. And you're right, I was being an ass and I apoligize. I've been under tremendous stress and depression lately, that thread may offer an insight
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
well no... I know you have a soft spot in you. We all have our days, just try to not take it out on us so much. I try my best on here to be honest though, even about the dark things, so don't totally ignore the dark things that I have said about you because they can help you grow. Just cure the scars within yourself so that your self-hate doesn't continue turning to hating on others. That probably sounds cheesy, sorry.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:23 PM   #113
Banned.

Quote:
well no... I know you have a soft spot in you. We all have our days, just try to not take it out on us so much. I try my best on here to be honest though, even about the dark things, so don't totally ignore the dark things that I have said about you because they can help you grow. Just cure the scars within yourself so that your self-hate doesn't continue turning to hating on others. That probably sounds cheesy, sorry.
ronstancil
09-07-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm a newbie to this forum, but I lurked enough to form an opinion. This song is ONLY about Marijuana, and the hypocrites who call those who imbibe "druggies" while drinking themselves into oblivion with Scotch/Gin/Whiskey/Wine/Whatever in front of the ball game on the TV. Throw in a few references to lying lawyers, Kangaroo courts, and throwing stones at glass houses, and you've got a classic Tool song.

Save your shady inference!
Think for yourself!
My opinion and I'm sticking to it!
Old 09-07-2007, 07:43 PM   #114
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm a newbie to this forum, but I lurked enough to form an opinion. This song is ONLY about Marijuana, and the hypocrites who call those who imbibe "druggies" while drinking themselves into oblivion with Scotch/Gin/Whiskey/Wine/Whatever in front of the ball game on the TV. Throw in a few references to lying lawyers, Kangaroo courts, and throwing stones at glass houses, and you've got a classic Tool song.

Think for yourself!
09-09-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronstancil View Post

Think for yourself!
You're a complete idiot
Old 09-09-2007, 08:09 PM   #115
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronstancil View Post

Think for yourself!
You're a complete idiot
09-09-2007, 09:23 PM

Look^^^ I rest my case. Everyone has freedom of speech. I guess this guy is the enforcer of this forum.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:30 PM..
Old 09-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #116
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

Look^^^ I rest my case. Everyone has freedom of speech. I guess this guy is the enforcer of this forum.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:30 PM..
Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
A person seeing right through Inner_Eulogy..well that makes two of us. Crucify the Ego man. We are trying to help you. Please try and listen than you will be able to GROW as a person. I honestly hope lllvllledusa's post and mine help you. Learn to control your anger inside and transform the energy into something positive.

P.S. Inner I have been depressed for a long time and I feel your pain. It hurts but you gotta stay strong and work through it. Peace.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:31 PM..
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #117
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
A person seeing right through Inner_Eulogy..well that makes two of us. Crucify the Ego man. We are trying to help you. Please try and listen than you will be able to GROW as a person. I honestly hope lllvllledusa's post and mine help you. Learn to control your anger inside and transform the energy into something positive.

P.S. Inner I have been depressed for a long time and I feel your pain. It hurts but you gotta stay strong and work through it. Peace.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:31 PM..
Tool_Is_Sick
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
He's consistent, he treats everyone the same, he's funny, and he's kind of just yanking your chain.

It's not hurting anyone to have a skeptic around who can at least notify us of it when we're heading towards crystal-rainbow land.

EDIT: And if you say anything else about "crucifying the ego," I'm going to crucify my brain with a pair of scissors.
Agreed but listening to TOOL's music has actually helped me to NOT have aggression toward people who make stupid comments or what have you. Obviously he might be going through difficult times right now but we all are. I just hope he sees the light. I also will be the first to admit i love to break peoples balls and joke around with them but i dont do it in a manner he does. He needs to learn to control his anger. I am sure he will come around. Peace.

P.S. Crucify your ego. Shit I am sorry leefnaspleaf I didnt mean to type that. Please dont bleed your brain I will be highly upset.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:39 PM..
Old 09-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #118
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
He's consistent, he treats everyone the same, he's funny, and he's kind of just yanking your chain.

It's not hurting anyone to have a skeptic around who can at least notify us of it when we're heading towards crystal-rainbow land.

EDIT: And if you say anything else about "crucifying the ego," I'm going to crucify my brain with a pair of scissors.
Agreed but listening to TOOL's music has actually helped me to NOT have aggression toward people who make stupid comments or what have you. Obviously he might be going through difficult times right now but we all are. I just hope he sees the light. I also will be the first to admit i love to break peoples balls and joke around with them but i dont do it in a manner he does. He needs to learn to control his anger. I am sure he will come around. Peace.

P.S. Crucify your ego. Shit I am sorry leefnaspleaf I didnt mean to type that. Please dont bleed your brain I will be highly upset.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-09-2007 at 09:39 PM..
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:

lol, I know...I've heard the crucify my ego thrown at me multiple times already.

You think you people could possibly come up with something original? Or are you going to constantly quote Maynard in everything you do and say the rest of your lives. It's so lame. And by the way, I'm only an ignorant asshole when I'm right, figure that one out. I'm stubborn and I am solid in my version of the truth, if you don't like it, sorry. If I'm calling you out and telling you something's fucking lame in more ways than one, I'm probably right, or at least in my mind I am and that's good enough for me. It's not about me having an ego, I just have a slight hatred for people that lack common sense. Again, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Tool_Is_Sick, weren't you the one talking about quit crying and people being pussies? Get over it or call someone that cares to hear you whine about it.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 AM   #119
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

lol, I know...I've heard the crucify my ego thrown at me multiple times already.

You think you people could possibly come up with something original? Or are you going to constantly quote Maynard in everything you do and say the rest of your lives. It's so lame. And by the way, I'm only an ignorant asshole when I'm right, figure that one out. I'm stubborn and I am solid in my version of the truth, if you don't like it, sorry. If I'm calling you out and telling you something's fucking lame in more ways than one, I'm probably right, or at least in my mind I am and that's good enough for me. It's not about me having an ego, I just have a slight hatred for people that lack common sense. Again, it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Tool_Is_Sick, weren't you the one talking about quit crying and people being pussies? Get over it or call someone that cares to hear you whine about it.
09-10-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:

lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-10-2007 at 07:48 PM..
Old 09-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #120
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

lol I love fueling your fire. your so easy. And i know ive said the Crucify line a few times but its been in my head everytime i see one of your lines. You have nothing but hatred for people, as you stated, and your a perfect example why this world is so crazy right now. Listen to your mother...your father is right. Hold on, wait a minute...that is...no i must have heard it wrong. Nevermind.

Last edited by Tool_Is_Sick; 09-10-2007 at 07:48 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply