Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
jevons
04-05-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post
Another layer to lyrics are clearly stating the flaws and bullshit of religion.....

"Ignorant fibbers in the congregation
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me.
None of them can even hold a candle up to you.
Blinded by choices, hypocrites won't [seek / see]."

If these religous idiots can't even hold candle to you then how are they going to enlighten you with their religous beliefs, their dogma. How is religion for that matter going to enlighten you? They spew bullshit about sympathy, they don't even know what their talking about. They only want sympathy for themselves, greedy selfish religous fucks. And it's all true, what happens when you are in a very religous family and you announce you don't believe in the religion? You are banished (their way of keeping the shitty religion alive and shoving it down your throat.....sort of like converting other ethnics to christianity, only way to keep a bullshit religion alive...the mexicans suffered this bullshit), even your own family does not love you or feel sympathy for you (Been way to hogwashed, their way or no way). You are not enlightened by them, after all you are banished (Your better off, go read some books, study philosophy, kill all christians [or just blow up churches] and start a better new religion that is up to modern time beliefs [christianity is old, and the way people live now don't live like we did 1000 years ago].....fuck religion?) Then again, if you were not, then what comes of it? Your family spews bullshit of how god has sympathy for you? Sure, maybe god would have sympathy for because you may not be smart enough to leave the fucking stupid religion in the first place.

Fuck religion.

Pretty sure that's layer 1A there, mister clever pants.
aynard is upset with the ''ignorant sinners'' and their hackneyed attempts to provide closure.

I think the first person narrative in a story that's clearly a direct conversation to his mom and concerning her funeral makes this layer 1A, don't you?
I'd say the possible use of Judith as a personification for many others around the world who are in the same boat, and probably getting lost in the same fashion (as her) as opposed to finding home. (reflection, triad.)

So, ahem, you lose.

Hey, arený you the guy who came in here talking about how this used to be a different place? How it used to be for intelligent discussion and not just some chat room?
Can i have your autograph? Pleeeease?
''Fuck religion.'' Genius! It's the next twat du jour. All call Antonioni, Esurient, you bring out the Warhol silkscreens.
We got us a live one!

Last edited by jevons; 04-05-2007 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 779
Re: My theroy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post
Another layer to lyrics are clearly stating the flaws and bullshit of religion.....

"Ignorant fibbers in the congregation
Gather around spewing sympathy,
Spare me.
None of them can even hold a candle up to you.
Blinded by choices, hypocrites won't [seek / see]."

If these religous idiots can't even hold candle to you then how are they going to enlighten you with their religous beliefs, their dogma. How is religion for that matter going to enlighten you? They spew bullshit about sympathy, they don't even know what their talking about. They only want sympathy for themselves, greedy selfish religous fucks. And it's all true, what happens when you are in a very religous family and you announce you don't believe in the religion? You are banished (their way of keeping the shitty religion alive and shoving it down your throat.....sort of like converting other ethnics to christianity, only way to keep a bullshit religion alive...the mexicans suffered this bullshit), even your own family does not love you or feel sympathy for you (Been way to hogwashed, their way or no way). You are not enlightened by them, after all you are banished (Your better off, go read some books, study philosophy, kill all christians [or just blow up churches] and start a better new religion that is up to modern time beliefs [christianity is old, and the way people live now don't live like we did 1000 years ago].....fuck religion?) Then again, if you were not, then what comes of it? Your family spews bullshit of how god has sympathy for you? Sure, maybe god would have sympathy for because you may not be smart enough to leave the fucking stupid religion in the first place.

Fuck religion.

Pretty sure that's layer 1A there, mister clever pants.
aynard is upset with the ''ignorant sinners'' and their hackneyed attempts to provide closure.

I think the first person narrative in a story that's clearly a direct conversation to his mom and concerning her funeral makes this layer 1A, don't you?
I'd say the possible use of Judith as a personification for many others around the world who are in the same boat, and probably getting lost in the same fashion (as her) as opposed to finding home. (reflection, triad.)

So, ahem, you lose.

Hey, arený you the guy who came in here talking about how this used to be a different place? How it used to be for intelligent discussion and not just some chat room?
Can i have your autograph? Pleeeease?
''Fuck religion.'' Genius! It's the next twat du jour. All call Antonioni, Esurient, you bring out the Warhol silkscreens.
We got us a live one!

Last edited by jevons; 04-05-2007 at 11:52 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
jevons
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
are you a monk?
No he's just an idiot.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #42
Banned.

Quote:
are you a monk?
No he's just an idiot.
Esurient4Truth's Avatar Esurient4Truth
04-05-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
No he's just an idiot.
ouch...maybe a little too harsh.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #43
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
No he's just an idiot.
ouch...maybe a little too harsh.
04-05-2007, 11:50 AM

Oh, he's been all pissy with the pm's lately, i'm sick of his little blurbs.

Harsh, yes.

False, no.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #44
Banned.

Oh, he's been all pissy with the pm's lately, i'm sick of his little blurbs.

Harsh, yes.

False, no.
author of bible's Avatar author of bible
04-05-2007, 03:47 PM

when a deprived and retarded,nerd, kicked-off-from-the-society kind guy passes a remark that clearly reflects his sick mentality, what do you do?

Answer: Ignore
Old 04-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 43

when a deprived and retarded,nerd, kicked-off-from-the-society kind guy passes a remark that clearly reflects his sick mentality, what do you do?

Answer: Ignore
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM

what makes me say that?
of course, the conversation i had with him via pm's

Last edited by author of bible; 04-05-2007 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-05-2007, 03:49 PM   #46

what makes me say that?
of course, the conversation i had with him via pm's

Last edited by author of bible; 04-05-2007 at 03:52 PM..
author of bible's Avatar author of bible
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
are you a monk?
no i aint..
just an attempt to be liberal about other people's thoughts
because i expect the same in return..
Old 04-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #47

Quote:
are you a monk?
no i aint..
just an attempt to be liberal about other people's thoughts
because i expect the same in return..
04-22-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledvoid View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed but people are pretty set on the song being all about MJK's mother Judith and I know it isn't. I thought the same thing the first time I heard this song with all that I knew about Tool but I introduced a person to Tool who heard something completly different and now I hear it too.
There was a dvd released by APC where in the commentary he speaks of his mother and actually quotes some of the lyrics in the song. It was released well before 10k days... your wrong dude
Old 04-22-2007, 09:54 AM   #48
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledvoid View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed but people are pretty set on the song being all about MJK's mother Judith and I know it isn't. I thought the same thing the first time I heard this song with all that I knew about Tool but I introduced a person to Tool who heard something completly different and now I hear it too.
There was a dvd released by APC where in the commentary he speaks of his mother and actually quotes some of the lyrics in the song. It was released well before 10k days... your wrong dude
Cheesegreater
04-22-2007, 10:14 AM

Yeah, you are dude.

Tool's a band that is easy to attach a lot of meanings to their songs, but it's clearly about his mother.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #49
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Yeah, you are dude.

Tool's a band that is easy to attach a lot of meanings to their songs, but it's clearly about his mother.
I am me
04-23-2007, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefnaspleaf View Post
This theroy isn't THAT stupid, and I'll tell you guys why:

This whole album is about duality, a concept pretty well embodied by the idea of the masculine versus the feminine. Even the very first song can be interpretted as a description of how Satan himself emanates from God (not to mention the song length is 6:66,) so why wouldn't it make sense to turn the whole idea ninety degrees and talk about duality in terms of Mary Magdelene (gnosticism) versus "The congregation" (the more patriarchal interpretations of Christianity) Wouldn't it make sense, then, for him to reference the other, related forms of duality that pervade the rest of the album, such as God and Lucifer? That doesn't necessarily mean that maynard is equating gnosticism to lucifer either; he's just evoking the cultural preconceptions that relate the two ideas.

Also, whether it was intentional or not, I think Justify denials' posts were at least thematically related to the subject at hand, and you all should cut him a break (I can't believe I just said that.)
He obviously put some thought and effort into it and thats fine but to really understand the duality in it you should read the following http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=71474
Old 04-23-2007, 01:36 AM   #50
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

This whole album is about duality, a concept pretty well embodied by the idea of the masculine versus the feminine. Even the very first song can be interpretted as a description of how Satan himself emanates from God (not to mention the song length is 6:66,) so why wouldn't it make sense to turn the whole idea ninety degrees and talk about duality in terms of Mary Magdelene (gnosticism) versus "The congregation" (the more patriarchal interpretations of Christianity) Wouldn't it make sense, then, for him to reference the other, related forms of duality that pervade the rest of the album, such as God and Lucifer? That doesn't necessarily mean that maynard is equating gnosticism to lucifer either; he's just evoking the cultural preconceptions that relate the two ideas.

Also, whether it was intentional or not, I think Justify denials' posts were at least thematically related to the subject at hand, and you all should cut him a break (I can't believe I just said that.)
He obviously put some thought and effort into it and thats fine but to really understand the duality in it you should read the following http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=71474
cwalker
04-23-2007, 12:50 PM

I'm not going to claim to know what the song is all about. In fact I believe the best songs are interpreted in a variety of ways, which we have definitely seen in this forum. The writer of the song probably has very personal reasons for producing what we hear, but does not want anyone near the real truth behind the song. In fact I think it ruins it if we are told exactly what it's all about. The listener can then take his own personal journey.

That said, there is one little bit of information I haven't seen mentioned (perhaps it was but I am new here so forgive me if this is old), that Jesus' time on earth as a mortal man was approximately 10K days.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #51
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm not going to claim to know what the song is all about. In fact I believe the best songs are interpreted in a variety of ways, which we have definitely seen in this forum. The writer of the song probably has very personal reasons for producing what we hear, but does not want anyone near the real truth behind the song. In fact I think it ruins it if we are told exactly what it's all about. The listener can then take his own personal journey.

That said, there is one little bit of information I haven't seen mentioned (perhaps it was but I am new here so forgive me if this is old), that Jesus' time on earth as a mortal man was approximately 10K days.
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
04-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Maynard does use the word fire in the song so i guess it HAS to be about Satan. Seriously, i think you are way off but definatly thinking, and that's never a bad thing.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Maynard does use the word fire in the song so i guess it HAS to be about Satan. Seriously, i think you are way off but definatly thinking, and that's never a bad thing.
04-30-2007, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker View Post

That is part of the duality of the song his mother was paralyzed early on due to an aneurism. She spent some 28 years in her chair. But being in the chair only strengthened her faith in god and the “ignorant siblings in the congregation” kept spewing sympathy to her face. I think he is trying to say that even though he doesn’t believe in god if any human should actually become an angel its her, their pillar of faith if you will.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:26 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker View Post

That is part of the duality of the song his mother was paralyzed early on due to an aneurism. She spent some 28 years in her chair. But being in the chair only strengthened her faith in god and the “ignorant siblings in the congregation” kept spewing sympathy to her face. I think he is trying to say that even though he doesn’t believe in god if any human should actually become an angel its her, their pillar of faith if you will.
fretforyourfigure462's Avatar fretforyourfigure462
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic View Post
Whi

First off, the whole 10K days reference, = ~27 years, the length of time his mom was paralyzed before passing away. Also, you're completely disregarding the whole first part of the song (Wings for MARIE), which is, in my opinion, clearly about his mom passing away.
CaseLogic is exactly right. Wings for Marie ties in with 10,000 days and both songs are about his mother passing away. I'm not quite sure I understood where you were going with your explaination on "this is a map of what's going to happen" You didn't really explain what else the song could be about, and frankly I don't see how it could be about anything else. Call me closed minded, but honestly..This song basically speaks for itself. Maynard has a lot of emotion we've never really seen before within these two songs. It's actually very interesting to see another side of him. That's why I really appreciated the 10,000 days album which came out nearly a year ago now.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Whi

First off, the whole 10K days reference, = ~27 years, the length of time his mom was paralyzed before passing away. Also, you're completely disregarding the whole first part of the song (Wings for MARIE), which is, in my opinion, clearly about his mom passing away.
CaseLogic is exactly right. Wings for Marie ties in with 10,000 days and both songs are about his mother passing away. I'm not quite sure I understood where you were going with your explaination on "this is a map of what's going to happen" You didn't really explain what else the song could be about, and frankly I don't see how it could be about anything else. Call me closed minded, but honestly..This song basically speaks for itself. Maynard has a lot of emotion we've never really seen before within these two songs. It's actually very interesting to see another side of him. That's why I really appreciated the 10,000 days album which came out nearly a year ago now.
05-02-2007, 12:40 PM

its kinda funny: the first time i heard this song (and didnt get all what he was saying) i thought maynard was talking directly to me ( or the listener ). all the "you" meaning me... then, after i got into the album, i realised that it was his mother about who he was singing, thats a fact... but now, after some research, and really getting IN the album, i think he's singing to me ( or the listener ) because i think his mother is a metaphor, a symbol for everything, the infinite, god.

think about it ;)
Old 05-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #55

Bincount™: 3

its kinda funny: the first time i heard this song (and didnt get all what he was saying) i thought maynard was talking directly to me ( or the listener ). all the "you" meaning me... then, after i got into the album, i realised that it was his mother about who he was singing, thats a fact... but now, after some research, and really getting IN the album, i think he's singing to me ( or the listener ) because i think his mother is a metaphor, a symbol for everything, the infinite, god.

think about it ;)
05-03-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguirreWrathOfTool View Post
Oh, how out of context you are. Do you even pay attention to anything? Ever?

Clues that the meaning of the piece you "know" is right is actually not:

-The piece of music is comprised of two sections, of which 10,000 Days is only one. The first one is called "Wings for Marie." Now Lucifer has had many names and pseudonyms over the years, but Marie is definitely not one of them. And no his mother is not a metaphor for Lucifer, because that would be terrible writing that wouldn't make sense.
-The attitude of this piece toward its subject is one of deep respect and admiration. If you had listened to the rest of the album you would know that all other references to Lucifer are not so flattering:
"The Devil and his had me down...but you changed that all for me, lifted me up turned me round" (Jambi)
...And how about the ending, where Legion (the demon Jesus casts out in the New Testament, who said it was one of many, i.e. legions of Hell, legions of Lucifer, etc.) is basically verbally bitch-slapped: "Silence, Legion! Save your poison! Silence, Legion! Stay out of my way!"

-Listen to the commentary for the Judith video on aMotion, in which he goes into more detail about the "ignorant fibbers in the congregation."

-Oh yeah, and, you know, common sense. It could not be more about his mother. It's certainly an entertaining theory, but anyone can interpret anything any way they want and make it sound halfway plausible. But there is absolutely nothing, I repeat, ABOLUTELY NOTHING in the form of textual evidence or statements from the artists themselves that would even remotely suggest something as absolutely ludicrous as your interpretation.

It's ok to have an opinion, but when you say things like "I know it isn't"...then it's just an open invitation for people to write back and comment on the sheer absurdity of what you just wrote.
Exactly, thank you for saving me from carpal tunnel!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguirreWrathOfTool View Post
Oh, how out of context you are. Do you even pay attention to anything? Ever?

Clues that the meaning of the piece you "know" is right is actually not:

-The piece of music is comprised of two sections, of which 10,000 Days is only one. The first one is called "Wings for Marie." Now Lucifer has had many names and pseudonyms over the years, but Marie is definitely not one of them. And no his mother is not a metaphor for Lucifer, because that would be terrible writing that wouldn't make sense.
-The attitude of this piece toward its subject is one of deep respect and admiration. If you had listened to the rest of the album you would know that all other references to Lucifer are not so flattering:
"The Devil and his had me down...but you changed that all for me, lifted me up turned me round" (Jambi)
...And how about the ending, where Legion (the demon Jesus casts out in the New Testament, who said it was one of many, i.e. legions of Hell, legions of Lucifer, etc.) is basically verbally bitch-slapped: "Silence, Legion! Save your poison! Silence, Legion! Stay out of my way!"

-Listen to the commentary for the Judith video on aMotion, in which he goes into more detail about the "ignorant fibbers in the congregation."

-Oh yeah, and, you know, common sense. It could not be more about his mother. It's certainly an entertaining theory, but anyone can interpret anything any way they want and make it sound halfway plausible. But there is absolutely nothing, I repeat, ABOLUTELY NOTHING in the form of textual evidence or statements from the artists themselves that would even remotely suggest something as absolutely ludicrous as your interpretation.

It's ok to have an opinion, but when you say things like "I know it isn't"...then it's just an open invitation for people to write back and comment on the sheer absurdity of what you just wrote.
Exactly, thank you for saving me from carpal tunnel!!!
jvalentine's Avatar jvalentine
05-06-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
While I'm not going to flame you because you clearly put some time and thought into this, I just don't see it man. The song is pretty clearly about his mom.

Also, the song is sung with so much emotion that it wouldn't even make sense to be about some song about Satan... speaking of which, I still don't think I fully grasped your theory, something about Satan rising up though.

Actually the more I read it, the more your theory makes no sense to me. Nice try, I suppose, but it's just so obviously about his mom that it's not funny.
I'm with you man...i'm pretty sure its about his mom
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 PM   #57
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
While I'm not going to flame you because you clearly put some time and thought into this, I just don't see it man. The song is pretty clearly about his mom.

Also, the song is sung with so much emotion that it wouldn't even make sense to be about some song about Satan... speaking of which, I still don't think I fully grasped your theory, something about Satan rising up though.

Actually the more I read it, the more your theory makes no sense to me. Nice try, I suppose, but it's just so obviously about his mom that it's not funny.
I'm with you man...i'm pretty sure its about his mom
Badfish's Avatar Badfish
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM

lol @ this entire thread.... and I didnt even read it
Old 05-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #58
Banned.

Bincount™: 6

lol @ this entire thread.... and I didnt even read it
(self(other's Avatar (self(other
05-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:

Nice post.

I don't think it is too far off, or too difficult, to imagine that Maynard could conceptualize the whole thing. To start with a singularity, something he wants to get out there (predicting the end of times, Satan, whatever), and build around that as the sounds of his bandmates influence additional "sub-plots" that seem like their own entities.

Can anyone figure Tool to make an album and blatenly refer to it as a concept album? I really can't.. it would give too much away.

The lyrics are less cryptic on this album, but maybe only in the conventional way. Look at the shift in dynamics from Ænima to Lateralus; I believe Ænima is a collection of seperate efforts and experiences for the cleansing at hand, while Lateralus is a whole that starts at one point (-) of some spectrum and progresses to the other side (+) of the spectrum. Imagine the next leap that could have been taken... I think it could be big, and don't really know how to express it.

Imagine what your impression of the song would have been if all the binging of info on here about the band was purged from you.
And so what you're saying when you say 'I understand it intellectually, but I don't get it intuitively,' or 'I don't feel it in my bones,' is that you understand it in the sense of being able to repeat a form of words.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #59
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24

Quote:

Nice post.

I don't think it is too far off, or too difficult, to imagine that Maynard could conceptualize the whole thing. To start with a singularity, something he wants to get out there (predicting the end of times, Satan, whatever), and build around that as the sounds of his bandmates influence additional "sub-plots" that seem like their own entities.

Can anyone figure Tool to make an album and blatenly refer to it as a concept album? I really can't.. it would give too much away.

The lyrics are less cryptic on this album, but maybe only in the conventional way. Look at the shift in dynamics from Ænima to Lateralus; I believe Ænima is a collection of seperate efforts and experiences for the cleansing at hand, while Lateralus is a whole that starts at one point (-) of some spectrum and progresses to the other side (+) of the spectrum. Imagine the next leap that could have been taken... I think it could be big, and don't really know how to express it.

Imagine what your impression of the song would have been if all the binging of info on here about the band was purged from you.
And so what you're saying when you say 'I understand it intellectually, but I don't get it intuitively,' or 'I don't feel it in my bones,' is that you understand it in the sense of being able to repeat a form of words.
nootherway
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM

Wow. Yeah, see this song live. Oh, and go ahead and yell during the song, so that when Maynard hears this he will say, like he did in SD, "a song about peoples dead mothers makes me want to drink beer and holler." This song is about his mother. Topic over

Last edited by nootherway; 05-12-2007 at 12:48 AM..
Old 05-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #60
Level 1 - Lurker

Wow. Yeah, see this song live. Oh, and go ahead and yell during the song, so that when Maynard hears this he will say, like he did in SD, "a song about peoples dead mothers makes me want to drink beer and holler." This song is about his mother. Topic over

Last edited by nootherway; 05-12-2007 at 12:48 AM..
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
05-16-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
That's funny because I had a very similar experience.
That's funny because I had a very similar experience too also as well.

Also, I was about 10,000 days old. I felt that clearly, Maynard was asking for his wings.

Now, I'm here to tell ya the whole song is what Judith said to Maynard;

MJK: I really don't know what to say to all these gouls tonight.

JMG: Listen, boast, and listen some more. Joke with them, entertain their notions(feigning all the...). Unlike my fellow churchgoers, you inspired me, and gave me something nothing else could. Now I feel as if we can work together. Now, Should you see your makers face tonight. Look him in the eye... tell him... halelujah... Who are you to wave your finger you must have been out your head!
"Ah, to loud. To loud!"
"Sory!"
Old 05-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #61
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27

Quote:
That's funny because I had a very similar experience.
That's funny because I had a very similar experience too also as well.

Also, I was about 10,000 days old. I felt that clearly, Maynard was asking for his wings.

Now, I'm here to tell ya the whole song is what Judith said to Maynard;

MJK: I really don't know what to say to all these gouls tonight.

JMG: Listen, boast, and listen some more. Joke with them, entertain their notions(feigning all the...). Unlike my fellow churchgoers, you inspired me, and gave me something nothing else could. Now I feel as if we can work together. Now, Should you see your makers face tonight. Look him in the eye... tell him... halelujah... Who are you to wave your finger you must have been out your head!
"Ah, to loud. To loud!"
"Sory!"
05-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
While I'm not going to flame you because you clearly put some time and thought into this
fuck it i am. apparently this song is about me an exiledvoid's mum.
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:38 PM   #62

Quote:
While I'm not going to flame you because you clearly put some time and thought into this
fuck it i am. apparently this song is about me an exiledvoid's mum.
A lot of these bands see what's on the surface. Like they listen to our albums at F***ing parties or something, when we make music that you need to properly digest by being alone with the album. And all they hear is the aggressive side of things and don't stop to realize that the aggression is there for a reason, not just to make music to smoke to or whatever.
10 000 Days = 1 + 1
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM

Hello,

My opinion about this song is that it affects me on a very personal level.

You see, the entire puropose of Tool is to act as a mouthpiece for May Nerd James to speak to the one man who is meant, through music, to communicate to the human race the methods for us to survive beyond the test on December 21, 2012. This man may very well be related to the original Jesus seeing as how often he speaks about him in song. This man has not shown himself yet because his powers have been smothered by an unrequited love for his biological mother, Judith. Because Judith is the man's mother, and he is the one to lead us to "Zion" she also gets the name "Marie" like Mary, mother of Jesus. Now, this man, can not even begin to start to metamorphose into himself until Judith Marie gets her wings, ie. dies. When this occurs, the "hero" will lead us to "Zion" the place where positive music will fill the air and the collective spirit will overpower the combined hate and negativity of the black army led by evil men bent on destruction. 10 000 days is approximately the age of this man when his mother is set to pass aways (god willing).
(This explanation may seen quite abstract. It is simply my interpretation :)
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #63
Level 2 - Poster

Hello,

You see, the entire puropose of Tool is to act as a mouthpiece for May Nerd James to speak to the one man who is meant, through music, to communicate to the human race the methods for us to survive beyond the test on December 21, 2012. This man may very well be related to the original Jesus seeing as how often he speaks about him in song. This man has not shown himself yet because his powers have been smothered by an unrequited love for his biological mother, Judith. Because Judith is the man's mother, and he is the one to lead us to "Zion" she also gets the name "Marie" like Mary, mother of Jesus. Now, this man, can not even begin to start to metamorphose into himself until Judith Marie gets her wings, ie. dies. When this occurs, the "hero" will lead us to "Zion" the place where positive music will fill the air and the collective spirit will overpower the combined hate and negativity of the black army led by evil men bent on destruction. 10 000 days is approximately the age of this man when his mother is set to pass aways (god willing).
sylph
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 000 Days = 1 + 1 View Post
Hello,

LMFAO
especially at

10 000 days is approximately the age of this man when his mother is set to pass aways (god willing).

We've been ripped off everyone!
That fucker is sooo late!!!
Old 05-22-2007, 01:36 PM   #64
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 000 Days = 1 + 1 View Post
Hello,

LMFAO
especially at

10 000 days is approximately the age of this man when his mother is set to pass aways (god willing).

We've been ripped off everyone!
That fucker is sooo late!!!
05-26-2007, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
Didn't Maynard write this song after his mother died? God people, the wings "series" is a tribute to his mother. Maynard's mother was Christian, thus the religious references.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #65
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylph View Post
Didn't Maynard write this song after his mother died? God people, the wings "series" is a tribute to his mother. Maynard's mother was Christian, thus the religious references.
05-31-2007, 11:58 AM

To everyone say that "this guys right, this guys wrong".... STOP IT!! Its about what the song means to each individual person. Maynard may have wrote these songs about his mother, he may not have. It doesn't matter what HE ment it by. It matters what YOU get from it. No one's right or wrong. Its all up to each person's interpretation of the song. I think that Maynard would like us all to think for our selves. Make up our own mind about what it means. So lets just love one another cause we're only here for a short while.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #66
Level 1 - Lurker

To everyone say that "this guys right, this guys wrong".... STOP IT!! Its about what the song means to each individual person. Maynard may have wrote these songs about his mother, he may not have. It doesn't matter what HE ment it by. It matters what YOU get from it. No one's right or wrong. Its all up to each person's interpretation of the song. I think that Maynard would like us all to think for our selves. Make up our own mind about what it means. So lets just love one another cause we're only here for a short while.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply