46 & 2
Schism extended
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-09-2007 at 04:03 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

jambi
stinkfist extended
46 & 2
Schism extended
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-09-2007 at 04:03 PM..
OFFLINE |  
buman's Avatar buman
08-10-2007, 01:09 AM

Short set. Missed Ænema at the end... and "Wings...." of course. But good to see Tool again.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

Short set. Missed Ænema at the end... and "Wings...." of course. But good to see Tool again.
08-10-2007, 01:41 AM

Also missed Wings, but sort of expected it since they only had 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The sound was really bad for the first couple of songs, something with the bass, I guess. I had these cheap ear plugs, the kind that takes away everything but the bass, so it was very easy to notice. Without ear plugs, you could tell only some of the time. My friend next to me had a "what the f* is going on here"-look on his face.

Maynard seemed to be in a good mood, he left his podium once to come closer to the audience. He didn't say much.

This time, unlike the Quart-festival last year, the whole band stayed on stage for a short while after the last song to say goodbye and throw water bottles to the audience.

Audun

Last edited by audunr; 08-10-2007 at 02:32 AM..
Old 08-10-2007, 01:41 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Also missed Wings, but sort of expected it since they only had 1 hour and 15 minutes.

The sound was really bad for the first couple of songs, something with the bass, I guess. I had these cheap ear plugs, the kind that takes away everything but the bass, so it was very easy to notice. Without ear plugs, you could tell only some of the time. My friend next to me had a "what the f* is going on here"-look on his face.

Maynard seemed to be in a good mood, he left his podium once to come closer to the audience. He didn't say much.

This time, unlike the Quart-festival last year, the whole band stayed on stage for a short while after the last song to say goodbye and throw water bottles to the audience.

Audun

Last edited by audunr; 08-10-2007 at 02:32 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Marki
08-10-2007, 02:06 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus
Vacarious

great show, but a bit short.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:06 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

2007/08/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

Jambi
Stinkfist
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus
Vacarious

great show, but a bit short.
OFFLINE |  
Rockefoten
08-10-2007, 02:21 AM

Too short set, festivals usually are. Maynards vocals where to low and hard to pick out.
I think the PA-system might have been a bit strained?
Lasers were goooood.. :)
Old 08-10-2007, 02:21 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Too short set, festivals usually are. Maynards vocals where to low and hard to pick out.
I think the PA-system might have been a bit strained?
Lasers were goooood.. :)
OFFLINE |  
redbox
08-10-2007, 03:10 AM

No Wings :/. I hope that they'll play longer set in Poland on Metal Hammer Festival. They're the biggest star ...
Old 08-10-2007, 03:10 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

No Wings :/. I hope that they'll play longer set in Poland on Metal Hammer Festival. They're the biggest star ...
OFFLINE |  
Atbr
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Set list is correct I think. I was in the front row and the pressure and energy was amazing.
The opening riffs of Jambi really set off the crowd and the place was in total chaos in contrast to the other shows prior to Tool. Maynard's voice was too mixed down, but he seemed really into the show with all his Nard-dances etc. Justin seemed a little bored, but was still rocking hard as usual. But Adam was the weakest of the four. He just stood there in the same position during the whole show - not that I would expect anything else from him, but he was kinda dull. The man who was dominating the show was Danny, for sure. The energy he emitted was huge. He was so fucking concentrated, and nailed everything top notch, though I think I noticed the rest of the band fucking up a bit in the end of Schism, or Jambi.. Don't remember really.
The highlights of the show was: Flood, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus, in which Danny had added an extremely well played and tight solo before the odd-meter-hi-hat-thing. It was the first time I saw Flood and Rosetta Stoned live, and those two were fantastic too. All in all it was a great show and I really enjoyed the presence of Danny Carey. Pity they cut it short though. I saw the Nard pointing against his throat after Lateralus and I guess that settled it. Justin kind of surprised the whole band and crowd with a loud throw-in to Vicarious, which was great, but I think they need to get a better Closer.
They had a new touch to the scene as well, I think. The big screen was placed behind the 4 small ones, which were tilted sideways. And the lasers were great too, I didn't think they could pull off the laser-smoke-cloud-thing, but they did. I'd give this show a 5/5, but I'm a little disappointed that they made it so short, since I put so much effort into going to Norway, staying at a hostel, waiting in the front row for 4 hours and so on, but I hope they'll come to sweden next time. Maynard said "See you again soon", and something more unaudible at the end of the set.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Set list is correct I think. I was in the front row and the pressure and energy was amazing.
The opening riffs of Jambi really set off the crowd and the place was in total chaos in contrast to the other shows prior to Tool. Maynard's voice was too mixed down, but he seemed really into the show with all his Nard-dances etc. Justin seemed a little bored, but was still rocking hard as usual. But Adam was the weakest of the four. He just stood there in the same position during the whole show - not that I would expect anything else from him, but he was kinda dull. The man who was dominating the show was Danny, for sure. The energy he emitted was huge. He was so fucking concentrated, and nailed everything top notch, though I think I noticed the rest of the band fucking up a bit in the end of Schism, or Jambi.. Don't remember really.
The highlights of the show was: Flood, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus, in which Danny had added an extremely well played and tight solo before the odd-meter-hi-hat-thing. It was the first time I saw Flood and Rosetta Stoned live, and those two were fantastic too. All in all it was a great show and I really enjoyed the presence of Danny Carey. Pity they cut it short though. I saw the Nard pointing against his throat after Lateralus and I guess that settled it. Justin kind of surprised the whole band and crowd with a loud throw-in to Vicarious, which was great, but I think they need to get a better Closer.
They had a new touch to the scene as well, I think. The big screen was placed behind the 4 small ones, which were tilted sideways. And the lasers were great too, I didn't think they could pull off the laser-smoke-cloud-thing, but they did. I'd give this show a 5/5, but I'm a little disappointed that they made it so short, since I put so much effort into going to Norway, staying at a hostel, waiting in the front row for 4 hours and so on, but I hope they'll come to sweden next time. Maynard said "See you again soon", and something more unaudible at the end of the set.
OFFLINE |  
Dewed Mill
08-11-2007, 01:54 AM

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended version)
46-2
Schism (extended with turbo)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended with drum solo)
Vicarious

This was my third Tool-show, and although being very good (through being a Tool-show), I have to admit that it was the most disappointing one I have attended so far, mostly due to a very short set (they actually finished about 5 minutes before the 'end-all-concerts-and-pack-it-up-time', making it about 1h10m in total), and the fact that the sound was pretty badly put together most of the time, with Maynard's vocals being really low (yes, I know they normally are but this was beyond that point), the guitar suffering from much the same at points, while Justin was banging away really hard. It seemed this made a couple of songs (especially Rosetta Stoned) pretty impenetrable for people who did not know them well from before, as the vocals drowned a lot and some riffs were hard to make out. The (somewhat expected) exclusion of Wings, which I personally was praying to see, together with Ænema and Right in Two/Pushit, was also a kind of a letdown. Posters saying "Warning: Lasers will be used tonight" or something like that really revived my hope of seeing Wings, but in the end they were used for Lateralus and Vicarious. But hey, they were really nice!

That having been said (tda), though; there were obviously a lot of things to be happy about too. Lateralus and Vicarious are both incredible live and as usual made for a really good ending. Finally seeing Danny's extended drum solo was cool, and in general all these extended parts were great. Not being the biggest Flood-fan from before I have to say that it really rocked live too. Maynard was pretty animated throughout the whole show, and had a really good thing going, although not saying much. Apart from the thank you in the end I think the only words were "Hello. Damn fine meetin' ya", which he said while raising and waving his thumb in that MJK-sarcastic way. Justin was really on target throughout the whole show and his solo parts (46-2, Schism, ...) were awesome. Adam seemed to miss out a bit during the intro on Lateralus and somewhere during Jambi, but in general he was rock solid as usual (although the sound was low). Danny was, well... Danny, and that should say enough.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:54 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) Ions
Stinkfist (extended version)
46-2
Schism (extended with turbo)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended with drum solo)
Vicarious

This was my third Tool-show, and although being very good (through being a Tool-show), I have to admit that it was the most disappointing one I have attended so far, mostly due to a very short set (they actually finished about 5 minutes before the 'end-all-concerts-and-pack-it-up-time', making it about 1h10m in total), and the fact that the sound was pretty badly put together most of the time, with Maynard's vocals being really low (yes, I know they normally are but this was beyond that point), the guitar suffering from much the same at points, while Justin was banging away really hard. It seemed this made a couple of songs (especially Rosetta Stoned) pretty impenetrable for people who did not know them well from before, as the vocals drowned a lot and some riffs were hard to make out. The (somewhat expected) exclusion of Wings, which I personally was praying to see, together with Ænema and Right in Two/Pushit, was also a kind of a letdown. Posters saying "Warning: Lasers will be used tonight" or something like that really revived my hope of seeing Wings, but in the end they were used for Lateralus and Vicarious. But hey, they were really nice!

That having been said (tda), though; there were obviously a lot of things to be happy about too. Lateralus and Vicarious are both incredible live and as usual made for a really good ending. Finally seeing Danny's extended drum solo was cool, and in general all these extended parts were great. Not being the biggest Flood-fan from before I have to say that it really rocked live too. Maynard was pretty animated throughout the whole show, and had a really good thing going, although not saying much. Apart from the thank you in the end I think the only words were "Hello. Damn fine meetin' ya", which he said while raising and waving his thumb in that MJK-sarcastic way. Justin was really on target throughout the whole show and his solo parts (46-2, Schism, ...) were awesome. Adam seemed to miss out a bit during the intro on Lateralus and somewhere during Jambi, but in general he was rock solid as usual (although the sound was low). Danny was, well... Danny, and that should say enough.
OFFLINE |  
Fredbryn's Avatar Fredbryn
08-11-2007, 11:42 AM

My second show. It was really great this time too! As said here before, the sound was not so good in the first part of the show! And the setlist was way to short (especially after spending 9,5 hours in a bus to get to the show and another 8 hours to get back home the day after)! I really missed Wings pt 1 & 2, I really really would have liked to see Wings live, and Right In Two, but you can´t get it all I guess... But Tool is Tool and they can´t make a bad show. It was really good, but they can do it better. like last year in Gothenburg.

There are some pictures and videos from the concert in Norway at my site!
www.freddegrehn.se
Old 08-11-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
Level 1 - Lurker

My second show. It was really great this time too! As said here before, the sound was not so good in the first part of the show! And the setlist was way to short (especially after spending 9,5 hours in a bus to get to the show and another 8 hours to get back home the day after)! I really missed Wings pt 1 & 2, I really really would have liked to see Wings live, and Right In Two, but you can´t get it all I guess... But Tool is Tool and they can´t make a bad show. It was really good, but they can do it better. like last year in Gothenburg.

There are some pictures and videos from the concert in Norway at my site!
www.freddegrehn.se
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
08-11-2007, 12:20 PM

im just glad to see they are well, the show was great, nothing more, nothing less, its TOOL, love what you get, the sound was good, had to move around to find the best sounding spot, but wasnt tools fault, about the sound,

Last edited by ROCKMOUSE; 08-11-2007 at 01:50 PM..
Old 08-11-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

im just glad to see they are well, the show was great, nothing more, nothing less, its TOOL, love what you get, the sound was good, had to move around to find the best sounding spot, but wasnt tools fault, about the sound,

Last edited by ROCKMOUSE; 08-11-2007 at 01:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply