opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Ænema
User Name
Password
Old 03-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
A simple thought

This is a simplistic way of interpreting the video but i think more importantly, it is my own interpretation and experience (keep in mind this may have been posted but this is my first time posting).

Basically this video is summed up to me through the phrase " destruction is still creation". I think the small bald suited man does represent a higher entity that has created the small creature and the small man has brought the creature to the box to accelerate his evoloution . When the small man is throwing the box around and the small creatures are being obliterated I think that this pain is necessary to bring about a higher level of evolution, remembering that after the box is thrown about that one creature grows taller and gains additional appendages.

So in conclusion I think the video is Adam's way of enterpreting Maynard's view that a change even if it is extremely catastrophic and violent can make us stronger and able to cope with things on a new level.

Anyway that is my first post and i hope to have many more with you fine people
Old 03-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
About pain: Nietzche, the german phylosopher said that pain is necessary to become a super-man and to be superior to those nihilistic ones. I think this phrase has truth......anyway
Old 03-22-2004, 12:54 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: A simple thought

EXACTLY my opinion, like the floor with the water elevating and the alien not moving, then his descendant's legs adjust to it; evolution... then the clouds... are those the end of everything? and the dead bodies are, in my opinion of course, the fall of mankid
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: