opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow
User Name
Password
Old 01-27-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Undecided

I would have to agree that there is not one album that is the greatest. It has greatly to do ,with myself at least, with what mood I am in or just what I want to hear. That is a great thing about Tool though, no matter what kind of mood your in there is an album to match it.
Old 02-09-2003, 04:44 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Undecided

Quote:
Originally posted by Sora
I would have to agree that there is not one album that is the greatest. It has greatly to do ,with myself at least, with what mood I am in or just what I want to hear. That is a great thing about Tool though, no matter what kind of mood your in there is an album to match it.

I'm with you, all Tool albums are just so great, and I can't really choose which one I prefer. I just like to switch between them all, depending on my mood.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:46 AM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

I sort of prefer aenima because the album got me into tool when it came out, i think it has a really strong ma\eaning behind the songs, which is why its my fav cd ever, but i like all the others nearly as good, there is no such thing as a bad tool cd.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

I could never pick a favorite album if I tried. I go in phases of listening to one album for a while at a time, then moving back to another. They are all the greatest for their own reasons. I completely agree with above, no matter the mood(atleast for me) I can always find an album that suits the mood.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

when I become a bit used to newer albums I like to go back to Undertow and Opiate just to refresh my feelings for Tool. This album is more, you know, "raw" than any other. I also stick to the opinion that long, instrumental opening to Flood is a prophecy of upcoming Tool works.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

I got introduced to tool during the Ænima album, and while that cd is epic, I really like lateralus just a tad more.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

There IS a greatest Tool album. It is under constant change. Although I must say Lateralus has been on the top spot for me the most. And Undertow the least.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #8

I agree with the topic creator, there isn't one greatest Tool album, nor will there ever be, its all objective to the listener. For awhile I was convinced that Lateralus is Tools greatest work (and it probably is) but for some reason I listen to Undertow more than any other Tool album (10K Days is actually my number 2 most listened to). I'll pop in AEnima every now and again but I really gotta be in the mood for it (sometimes its worth it just to get to Third Eye which is the best closing song to an album ever) and I'll also play Lateralus whenever I feel like changing it up, but for the most part Opiate/Undertow (nothing beats the good old Tool) and then 10K Days are the albums I listen to the most frequently.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I love all of the albums and listen to them regularly. For me, Aenima continues to reign supreme. This is probably the order in which I listen to them in terms of frequency:

- Aenima
- 10,000 Days
- Undertow
- Lateralus
- Opiate
Old 05-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel on the Sideline View Post
I love all of the albums and listen to them regularly. For me, Aenima continues to reign supreme. This is probably the order in which I listen to them in terms of frequency:

- Aenima
- 10,000 Days
- Undertow
- Lateralus
- Opiate
No love for Opiate eh? You know for the longest time I used to never listen to Opiate, but once I discovered all of those songs were written at the same time as the ones on Undertow I felt like it was unfair to leave them out (and as I continued to listen to Opiate more it started to grow on me) so I just have a playlist on my ipod that plays Opiate then Undertow straight through. Also for anyone who loves going to the gym, I highly recommend listening to Opiate/Undertow while lifting or excercising. It gets me more pumped than anything!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #11

Bincount™: 1

lateralus is my favorite. but i listen to 10000 days the most. undertow has been in my stereo recently but thats because i have been in a more angry and cranky mood recently >:(
Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #12

Yeah I actually listen to 10,000 Days the most too, despite the fact that I think Lateralus is Tool's best album technically while Undertow has this nice rich analog sound that is hard to come by these days, not to mention ALL of the songs on it are great. Infact they're all so good that I can't even pick out one song that is my least favorite off that album, thats just how good Undertow is.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: