Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
TOD
02-25-2010, 09:33 AM

This is in the Rumor Mill on fourth eye, and if it's not an album, live DVD, or the Pot Video, what could it be?
http://www.fourtheye.net/

I think it is a Full Length Feature Film and will get to see it this Spring. That's pretty soon imo.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't this be the bees-knees?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
TOD
Banned.

Bincount™: 310
Undisclosed Big Thing w/ TOOL happening Soon!

This is in the Rumor Mill on fourth eye, and if it's not an album, live DVD, or the Pot Video, what could it be?

I think it is a Full Length Feature Film and will get to see it this Spring. That's pretty soon imo.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't this be the bees-knees?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
02-25-2010, 10:30 AM

That's it? Isn't this all idle speculation? Where are the sources?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988
Re: Undisclosed Big Thing w/ TOOL happening Soon!

That's it? Isn't this all idle speculation? Where are the sources?
02-25-2010, 10:34 AM

"soon" is rather subjective.

that "rumor" has been posted for QUITE some time.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 483

"soon" is rather subjective.

that "rumor" has been posted for QUITE some time.
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
02-25-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOD View Post
I think it is a Full Length Feature Film and will get to see it this Spring.
A full-length feature film! Yes I agree this is probably what we should expect.

If I had to guess, it will probably be around 110 minutes and will be a collaboration between Alex Grey, Adam Jones and Darren Aronofsky. From what I can guess the film will likely be a new genre, "experimental documentary", and feature interview and concert footage as well as some amazing special effects from Aronofsky. The film will feature long lost interviews with leading artists from the late 20th century as well as individuals such as Tim Leary and Terrance McKenna. We can expect the camera work to be entirely revolutionary: something along the lines of "A Waking Life" but taken a few steps forward.

The film will be scored entirely by Tool in collaboration with King Crimson with some production help from Brian Eno. Upon its release the DVD will come with a new double-disc Tool album as well as access to online downloadable content which includes long lost music from the Lateralus writing sessions. We should expect this to be released in a few weeks.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
I think it is a Full Length Feature Film and will get to see it this Spring.

If I had to guess, it will probably be around 110 minutes and will be a collaboration between Alex Grey, Adam Jones and Darren Aronofsky. From what I can guess the film will likely be a new genre, "experimental documentary", and feature interview and concert footage as well as some amazing special effects from Aronofsky. The film will feature long lost interviews with leading artists from the late 20th century as well as individuals such as Tim Leary and Terrance McKenna. We can expect the camera work to be entirely revolutionary: something along the lines of "A Waking Life" but taken a few steps forward.

The film will be scored entirely by Tool in collaboration with King Crimson with some production help from Brian Eno. Upon its release the DVD will come with a new double-disc Tool album as well as access to online downloadable content which includes long lost music from the Lateralus writing sessions. We should expect this to be released in a few weeks.
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM

each new double disc cd also comes with 2 hits of acid
Old 02-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

each new double disc cd also comes with 2 hits of acid
02-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Yes from what we know I think we can expect the double disc to be an entirely consumable psychedeliac drug. Adam Jones has really outdone himself with the packaging this time.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yes from what we know I think we can expect the double disc to be an entirely consumable psychedeliac drug. Adam Jones has really outdone himself with the packaging this time.
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM

Somehow, when the band Tool and the word rumor get combined, i think there's nothing gonna happen in a short while.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Jedi Master

Bincount™: 2635

Somehow, when the band Tool and the word rumor get combined, i think there's nothing gonna happen in a short while.
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM

I think thats the point I was trying to make. I don't care what benefits technology in the modern age can offer musicians these days, in order to produce a piece of artwork on a massive scale it takes the kind of focus which requires every band-member being there in person. That just hasn't been the case with Tool lately. Its sad because it seems as if thats just the way Tool make music nowadays.

Perhaps some old music will leak... that would be ideal. Maybe something from the Teleincision sessions?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

I think thats the point I was trying to make. I don't care what benefits technology in the modern age can offer musicians these days, in order to produce a piece of artwork on a massive scale it takes the kind of focus which requires every band-member being there in person. That just hasn't been the case with Tool lately. Its sad because it seems as if thats just the way Tool make music nowadays.

Perhaps some old music will leak... that would be ideal. Maybe something from the Teleincision sessions?
02-25-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post

Oh man! This is beautiful. King Crimson too? Jesus, I'm psyched.

Quote:
You better not be kiddin' me because this is too fucking awesome to not come true. Like, I believe it because in 2012 anything is possible. It's where we're headed and I'm glad to see that Tool is on the front lines of this revolution.

Last edited by TOD; 02-25-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
TOD
Banned.

Quote:

Quote:
You better not be kiddin' me because this is too fucking awesome to not come true. Like, I believe it because in 2012 anything is possible. It's where we're headed and I'm glad to see that Tool is on the front lines of this revolution.

Last edited by TOD; 02-25-2010 at 11:39 PM..
imatoolhed's Avatar imatoolhed
02-25-2010, 11:42 PM

i haven't heard schism uncle say shit yet
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
Old 02-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
Member Of The Bored (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 11897

i haven't heard schism uncle say shit yet
TOYKO!! R.I.P. The Alien Gus
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:

hey man, I don't wanna burst your bubble, but InertUniformity was just speculating.

He got you salivating pretty good though, eh?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:

hey man, I don't wanna burst your bubble, but InertUniformity was just speculating.

He got you salivating pretty good though, eh?
02-26-2010, 02:09 PM

I smelled sarcasm in TOD's post.

As it should.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #12
Jedi Master

I smelled sarcasm in TOD's post.

As it should.
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM

Yeah at this stage we can't really do anything but speculate and be cynical. I was being sarcastic in my above post. I think that by this point in time if a live DVD is ever released it will be almost impossible for it to be worth the wait.

I sound like a dick by saying that, but all i mean to say is that the longer we wait the higher expectations become. Its doubtful that the DVD would be anything more than live footage.

With perhaps a couple tabs of acid included.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Yeah at this stage we can't really do anything but speculate and be cynical. I was being sarcastic in my above post. I think that by this point in time if a live DVD is ever released it will be almost impossible for it to be worth the wait.

I sound like a dick by saying that, but all i mean to say is that the longer we wait the higher expectations become. Its doubtful that the DVD would be anything more than live footage.

With perhaps a couple tabs of acid included.
02-27-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic in my above post.

No way.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:42 AM   #14
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
I was being sarcastic in my above post.

No way.
ephrathau
02-28-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The film will be scored entirely by Tool in collaboration with King Crimson with some production help from Brian Eno..
Nice to see a reference to King Crimson even if it WAS satire. :-) Very underrated band. 21st Century Schizoid Man and Elephant Talk are downright prophetic, and technicallyway before their time.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #15
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
The film will be scored entirely by Tool in collaboration with King Crimson with some production help from Brian Eno..
Nice to see a reference to King Crimson even if it WAS satire. :-) Very underrated band. 21st Century Schizoid Man and Elephant Talk are downright prophetic, and technicallyway before their time.
03-01-2010, 01:00 PM

hey ephrathau, not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you know that TOOL was heavily, heavily influenced by KC, and they even toured with them in 2001?

There's a lot of KC talk on this forum...Tool fans tend to be KC fans :)

also...there's a cover of 21st Century Schizoid man with Maynard on vocals. Have you heard that?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
Level 11 - Clamorous

hey ephrathau, not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you know that TOOL was heavily, heavily influenced by KC, and they even toured with them in 2001?

There's a lot of KC talk on this forum...Tool fans tend to be KC fans :)

also...there's a cover of 21st Century Schizoid man with Maynard on vocals. Have you heard that?
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM

All I know is that TOOL is going to be on a Killing Joke tribute album this year. But that's not a "big thing" really. Just one (cover) song.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #17
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

All I know is that TOOL is going to be on a Killing Joke tribute album this year. But that's not a "big thing" really. Just one (cover) song.
TOD
03-03-2010, 10:03 PM

http://www.toolband.com/news/index.html (near the end in the Q and A section)

OK, it's just going to be new websites, which could feature a video of some kind.

Last edited by TOD; 03-04-2010 at 03:12 PM..
Old 03-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #18
TOD
Banned.

http://www.toolband.com/news/index.html (near the end in the Q and A section)

OK, it's just going to be new websites, which could feature a video of some kind.

Last edited by TOD; 03-04-2010 at 03:12 PM..
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-03-2010, 11:13 PM

when i absorb the emotions of the lake i feel the pyramids dancing around swirling guitars in my brain.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

when i absorb the emotions of the lake i feel the pyramids dancing around swirling guitars in my brain.
TOD
03-04-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Goddamn this is beautiful. I feel exactly the same way now because I read your post.

Last edited by TOD; 03-04-2010 at 01:20 AM..
Old 03-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #20
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Goddamn this is beautiful. I feel exactly the same way now because I read your post.

Last edited by TOD; 03-04-2010 at 01:20 AM..
TOD
03-04-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
whoa, new website... maybe they'll include 10,000 Days on it...
Maybe, but then again this is TOOL. It'll probably be all merch oriented with 10,000 covers songs by boy bands Maynard put together. Mtv is soon going to stand for Maynardtv.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #21
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
whoa, new website... maybe they'll include 10,000 Days on it...
Maybe, but then again this is TOOL. It'll probably be all merch oriented with 10,000 covers songs by boy bands Maynard put together. Mtv is soon going to stand for Maynardtv.
03-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Finally, it's clarified that it's Dr. WATSON and it's their manager's voice. and there IS a 10,000 Days puzzle.

That's all I really care about, I'll just wait for this "big thing".
Old 03-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #22
Level 11 - Clamorous

Finally, it's clarified that it's Dr. WATSON and it's their manager's voice. and there IS a 10,000 Days puzzle.

That's all I really care about, I'll just wait for this "big thing".
03-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Let's get to work on this puzzle, it's supposed to be easy.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
TOD
Banned.

Let's get to work on this puzzle, it's supposed to be easy.
03-04-2010, 05:19 PM

Ok forget about solving the puzzle, has anyone figured out what the puzzle is??
Old 03-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
Level 11 - Clamorous

Ok forget about solving the puzzle, has anyone figured out what the puzzle is??
03-04-2010, 06:55 PM

do we know which piece of artwork the puzzle is supposidly residing?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

TOD
03-04-2010, 07:00 PM

It is my opinion that the Rebirth Archetype is central to the Album, and the Key to solving the puzzle lies in picking out all the paradox's in the album and piecing them together. Paradox=Puzzle Piece. And we are dealing with 3 layers are information where these paradoxes are contained; Audial, Visual, and Lyrical. Let's do this!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #26
TOD
Banned.

It is my opinion that the Rebirth Archetype is central to the Album, and the Key to solving the puzzle lies in picking out all the paradox's in the album and piecing them together. Paradox=Puzzle Piece. And we are dealing with 3 layers are information where these paradoxes are contained; Audial, Visual, and Lyrical. Let's do this!
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:

This is true but at the same time I think it's good that they all have their different avenues to pursue outside of Tool and that they do take a long break in between working together. I mean, granted I'd love to have a new Tool album every year just like some of these lifeless pop artists release them but that's exactly what keeps them coming back each time with something fresh. They've had their time to step back and live life so that they can come back with new thoughts and experiences to transfer into the music.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #27
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:

This is true but at the same time I think it's good that they all have their different avenues to pursue outside of Tool and that they do take a long break in between working together. I mean, granted I'd love to have a new Tool album every year just like some of these lifeless pop artists release them but that's exactly what keeps them coming back each time with something fresh. They've had their time to step back and live life so that they can come back with new thoughts and experiences to transfer into the music.
03-09-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
When they first mentioned it they said the puzzle was related to the 4 pictures of the band members.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #28
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
When they first mentioned it they said the puzzle was related to the 4 pictures of the band members.
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM

puzzle? c'mon, no, not again!

the key is / are your eyes
think about that ...
Old 03-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #29

Bincount™: 3

puzzle? c'mon, no, not again!

the key is / are your eyes
think about that ...
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Ok everyone 3D specs on...lets do this!

I wonder what crazy packaging they will have for the next one.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #30
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 11

Ok everyone 3D specs on...lets do this!

Rolo's Avatar Rolo
03-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay View Post
Something inflatable, imo
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #31
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBay View Post
Something inflatable, imo
03-17-2010, 09:01 AM

scratch n sniff
Old 03-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #32
Level 9 - Obstreperous

scratch n sniff
fearandloathing's Avatar fearandloathing
03-18-2010, 08:04 AM

forget CD's, it'll be eardrops that play music into your head.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #33

Bincount™: 14

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-18-2010, 08:15 AM

they're changing their name to Electric Jellyfish.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #34
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

they're changing their name to Electric Jellyfish.
theamazingtool's Avatar theamazingtool
03-18-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandloathing View Post
this.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandloathing View Post
this.
03-18-2010, 08:58 AM

Tools next album will be released only as sheet music.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #36
Level 8 - Vociferous

Tools next album will be released only as sheet music.
03-18-2010, 09:28 AM

Tool already makes SHEET music if you know what I mean

/mope
Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #37
Level 11 - Clamorous

Tool already makes SHEET music if you know what I mean

/mope
03-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
So, any more news on this?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #38
Jedi Master

Quote:
03-28-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
...with twiddling thumbs, gritting teeth, sweat dripping from brow, constipated, and generally anxious and confused...."NO! There is no NEWS! They said it wouldn't take another five years, those lying bastards!". I wish I were more patient. I wish I was calm. I wish Tool didn't mean so much to me. I need to move on, but the anchor is stuck. The roots have grown too deep. We've bonded like a fan and a band have never before, and you're still wasting your time in Arizona when you could be in Cali recording the new album that's gonna feel like it did the first time. When I was tight and fresh and Tool was the only thing thing I let enter me, everything else is small in comparison, now. I can't get enough. I don't want it. I just need it.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #39
TOD
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolo View Post
...with twiddling thumbs, gritting teeth, sweat dripping from brow, constipated, and generally anxious and confused...."NO! There is no NEWS! They said it wouldn't take another five years, those lying bastards!". I wish I were more patient. I wish I was calm. I wish Tool didn't mean so much to me. I need to move on, but the anchor is stuck. The roots have grown too deep. We've bonded like a fan and a band have never before, and you're still wasting your time in Arizona when you could be in Cali recording the new album that's gonna feel like it did the first time. When I was tight and fresh and Tool was the only thing thing I let enter me, everything else is small in comparison, now. I can't get enough. I don't want it. I just need it.
Highbryd
03-30-2010, 10:53 AM

cant wait for a new album to come out... whenever it does.
tool wants to make sure we are ready for it...

the last step....my first tool concert will be their last album.. :( *sniff*

too bad there isnt a ship taking the right minded to a planet where they can co-exist... :/
Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM   #40
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

cant wait for a new album to come out... whenever it does.
tool wants to make sure we are ready for it...

the last step....my first tool concert will be their last album.. :( *sniff*

too bad there isnt a ship taking the right minded to a planet where they can co-exist... :/

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply