opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 11. Pushit
User Name
Password
Old 02-15-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
What Pushit REALLY means

Ive said it before, and ill say it again, Pushit is the story of a sheet of toilet paper!
Cmon, with lines like "Never want to see that gap again"
or "Put my head upon the fault line" it has to be

Besides, "Pushit" is a wordplay of "Put Shit" on me.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
Whatever it means to you man!
Old 02-24-2003, 01:00 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
Thats awesome. Besides making me laugh uncontrollably, I think you were trying to mock the band or song for some reason, while you are probably more right than you thought. That is even funnier.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:18 AM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

push it on me

i think the song is much deeper than the story of tp lol...the parts of the song you mentioned fit your theory but...

and plus...thoes lyrics you typed arent correct (not to be an ass)
Old 05-21-2003, 09:06 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

Yes... Push shit. I think so too. But the rest of your post makes me think of you as an imbecile.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

first time i read the song name i thought the song was a little dirty, not "put shit" but pu shit, as in "pu" the original latin term for poo, and "shit" the modern day slang meaning for shit. And maybe the song is refering to speech evolution and the change in todays vocabulary from that a thousand years ago.
Now i know this theory is a little far fetched but it would follow the evolution trend of the rest of the album, 46 and 2, third eye. And as like stinkfist, it describes our society today and the desencesitisation of speech.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:13 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

ok. i think this interpretation of the song might (and probably is) wrong. but i think the song is about people who impose their ideas on people when they didnt ask for the advice/idea. thats what i think pushit isabout.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: What Pushit REALLY means

uhh. I think this song goes a little deeper than toiletries. But if it floats your boat
Old 07-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

That's why they re-did the song on Salival... because of stupid ass interpretations like that.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:11 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

to aperfecttool...

hahaha i agree.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #11
Level 14 - Squad Blazer

Bincount™: 2148
If you'd had sent your idea to Weird Al Yankovic a few years ago, you just might've had a deal for a parody song!
Old 07-26-2003, 06:05 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

I think this song has many different meanings wha ti got out of it was that we all have a breaking point and its about how after we reach we must move on but that is what i think about it
Old 08-24-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Maynard is always struggling with certain people in his lyrics,whether it is God,himself,his mother ,son,girlfriend,the American government,and the ever popular "record company" as heard in "hooker with a penis","Grudge",etc.No one can ever pin point it but to me it is usually one of these people.I believe that Push It is about one of these people but who knows who?
The images I receive from the song is as follows...
The opening noise is a mouth blowing into a gun.
Maynard is in front of a mirror with a gun staring at himself and hating what he sees."what is this but my reflection",staring at himself debating whether or not to pull the trigger."Rest your trigger on my finger,if I do we both may disappear",meaning his body drops and so will the reflection in the mirror.All the other lyrics are showing the argument to himself in the mirror about those people.Jumping to the end of the song,
"Staring down that hole again",the gun hole
"Hands around my back again",his inner concience trying to prevent him from pulling the trigger
'If I tear your fucking throat away",what's going to happen if you pull the trigger while the gun is in your mouth?
"It will end no other way",the struggle to accept certain pains in life is hard so Maynards character in the song had one of these persons give him such a nervous breakdown that the only way is death by shotgun in the throat,BANG!
Old 09-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Sheer brilliance!

Hahahaha, Heterosex. That was ALMOST as funny as the person who honestly believed the song was about the Gap retail store. Of course, I don't know if you're trying to BE funny yourself, or if you hold this similarly moronic concept to be true. (Then again, for all we know, it's Maynard screwing with us with his "special brand" of humor) =P

I've never been a firm believer in the suicide theory. There's too much that doesn't fit to me. Nor do I believe that it is about him personally. I have a long, drawn out explanation if anyone is interested entitled "Been to the Gap lately?" (in ridicule of the imbecile who had the Gap store interpretation) from way back in December of 2002.
Old 09-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think if you work hard enough ... this song might also involve a two headed dildo and a full bodied condom.

-Pushit, Tool
Old 10-11-2003, 01:24 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Since a lot of people seem to agree that the "bang my head upon the faultline" - lyric is a reference to the female sexual organ, why not split PUSHIT into PUS HIT? I dont think the song has anything to do with the hole further back so PUT SHIT or PU SHIT is definately not shared by me. But thats just my thougt and you are fully entitled to yours. I think we can both agree that its a special and brilliant song.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:13 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

No offense...but l think that's the most idiotic thing l've ever heard in my life...
Fade away, fade away, like any other day.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:31 AM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

HAHAHAHAHA! SO DAMN FUNNY! HAHAHA - Fuck you.

Come on man this is just spam that not only makes an imbecile of you, but makes the whole forum fall down in shame of how someone can be so stupid. What do you think a newbie Tool fan would think when this is the first thread he looks at? "Shit... this place is full of donkeys... maybe Tool isn't meaningful"

Youre just messing this place up. I'm angry cos i've seen so many forums fall under the influence of fuck faces like you trying to be funny.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #19
col
Level 1 - Lurker

ROFL Oh God listening to pushit will never be the same again....

Give heterosex a break guys. I'm pretty sure Maynard didn't have toilet paper in mind when he was writing the song but thats what I love about tool's lyrics. They can be interpreted in loads of different ways and they still make sense.
Remember the point of these forums is to discuss what the songs mean to US not necessarily what maynard had in mind...
Old 02-19-2004, 12:57 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Thank you Talonwulf.
Old 02-21-2004, 06:19 AM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

First of all, I'd just like to say to Newmoon that, that is an excellent interprutation and that I agree with you. Thanks for helping me have a better understanding of the song.

and lol, if you guys don't like Heterosex's interprutation, then why don't you try to help him out with the real meaning instead of just coming in here and flipping out on him. The truth is, you don't know have a clue what it's about yourself so you have to try and make other people look more stupid then you are. Imagine how fucking stupid you would look if he was actually right.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:18 PM   #22
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

In defense of the toilet paper theory, I must say. I wrote a poem that I had a number of different people read. Many of them thought that it was about a homicide, or a scyzophrenic (I don't know how to spell that word) that was looking from the inside out and felt trapped inside his transparent body, the list goes on, some had no fucking clue. When I wrote the poem however, I had hide'n'seek in mind. Of course my intent was to make the true meaning hidden inside of cryptic writing, but that just might be what Maynard is doing here. You don't always have to think that everything is really really deep. Perhaps the asshole trying to bring this forum down is the asshole who thinks that someone isn't entitled to a simple, funny interpretation.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbsohf
first time i read the song name i thought the song was a little dirty, not "put shit" but pu shit, as in "pu" the original latin term for poo, and "shit" the modern day slang meaning for shit.
That's exactly what I though when I first saw the name...
Old 05-11-2004, 03:00 PM   #24
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Ha, my guess it is wrong, but it sure is funny, i will give you credit for that.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:03 PM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

i thought the noise at the sart of pushit was bees it sounds like bugs of some sort and one or to re-appear during the song.you can hear them buzing..
Old 06-28-2004, 02:27 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Haha, I like the whole toilet paper theory. You know heterosex might not be as far from the truth as most of you are saying he is. Have any of you listened to the webcasts? Maynard says some pretty funny shit, and what makes it even more hilarious is that half the time he sounds really serious about it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: