Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
deuceman's Avatar deuceman
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota
All the options open in the lyrics make sense.

Do check out this weird article for yet another option and meaning to the lyrics of the Pot:

http://thaspot.thuglifearmy.com/blog...5/02/4066.aspx
I can't believe YOU would spend that much time and energy constructing such a complete load of bullshit! If you had gainful employment you wouldn't have that much time on your hands.

Who gives a rat's about Tupac? He is just so much decomposing flesh and tissue these days. His contribution? Zero. "Just anotha dead nigga". Wow, there's something to be proud of. WTF is wrong with a world where a piece of shit drug dealer who should be "capped in da hed" can become a "rap star" and live a lifestyle beyond that of someone who contributes worthily to society? )

(The "artist" in question is Snoop Dogg).
Old 05-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #361
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 367
Re: Lyrics

Quote:

Do check out this weird article for yet another option and meaning to the lyrics of the Pot:

I can't believe YOU would spend that much time and energy constructing such a complete load of bullshit! If you had gainful employment you wouldn't have that much time on your hands.

Who gives a rat's about Tupac? He is just so much decomposing flesh and tissue these days. His contribution? Zero. "Just anotha dead nigga". Wow, there's something to be proud of. WTF is wrong with a world where a piece of shit drug dealer who should be "capped in da hed" can become a "rap star" and live a lifestyle beyond that of someone who contributes worthily to society? )

(The "artist" in question is Snoop Dogg).
OFFLINE |  
scar's Avatar scar
05-09-2006, 09:52 AM

Quote:

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE - UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD LAUGH!

what a MORON that drah dipshit is.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #362
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE - UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD LAUGH!

what a MORON that drah dipshit is.
05-09-2006, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
"Weeping shades of golden indigo, got lemon juice up in your high eye."

The Third eye is indigo. In Reiki a way to help you meditate is to picture golden ball merging with your chakra, once it reaches the Third Eye it forms into golden indigo rays which energise you.

Edit: Damn it, there's clearly a 's' sound where I think "golden" fits, unless he's mis-pronouncing words again then it can't be what I put, even though it fits.
Haha, it's funny how people even put the same words in other places. And what you invented with the third eye was funny too.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #363
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muladhara
"Weeping shades of golden indigo, got lemon juice up in your high eye."

The Third eye is indigo. In Reiki a way to help you meditate is to picture golden ball merging with your chakra, once it reaches the Third Eye it forms into golden indigo rays which energise you.

Edit: Damn it, there's clearly a 's' sound where I think "golden" fits, unless he's mis-pronouncing words again then it can't be what I put, even though it fits.
Haha, it's funny how people even put the same words in other places. And what you invented with the third eye was funny too.
OFFLINE |  
CaliKevin's Avatar CaliKevin
05-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman
Sorry to bring a part of this to a conclusion, but "Head up asshole, what you talkin' 'bout?" or "Head up ass, so what you talkin' 'bout?" means the same thing.

Therefore, the point is MOOT. Doesn't fuckin' matter anymore, does it?
It might mean the same thing, but they aren't the same lyrics. Isn't that the point of a lyric thread, is to try and figure out what he says? Not just what he means.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 AM   #364
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceman
Sorry to bring a part of this to a conclusion, but "Head up asshole, what you talkin' 'bout?" or "Head up ass, so what you talkin' 'bout?" means the same thing.

Therefore, the point is MOOT. Doesn't fuckin' matter anymore, does it?
It might mean the same thing, but they aren't the same lyrics. Isn't that the point of a lyric thread, is to try and figure out what he says? Not just what he means.
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-09-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21
Invented?

I didn't invent anything, if Maynard sings "Weeping shades of indigo" at any point in this song then I'm convinced it has something to do with the third eye.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #365
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry21
Invented?

I didn't invent anything, if Maynard sings "Weeping shades of indigo" at any point in this song then I'm convinced it has something to do with the third eye.
05-09-2006, 02:27 PM

I think the lyrics in the third section where Maynard sings "Kangaroo," there is a discrepency between whether the lyrics are "bestowed: he's guilty as the government" or "be stoned, he's guilty as the government." But if you listen closely I think Maynard is singing "beast on knees..." which DOES make sense, not that the other wordings don't make sense but it would also make sense if he was saying "beast on knees..." Just thought it was worth another listen, besides it is my favorite song off the new album.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 PM   #366
Level 3 - Talker

I think the lyrics in the third section where Maynard sings "Kangaroo," there is a discrepency between whether the lyrics are "bestowed: he's guilty as the government" or "be stoned, he's guilty as the government." But if you listen closely I think Maynard is singing "beast on knees..." which DOES make sense, not that the other wordings don't make sense but it would also make sense if he was saying "beast on knees..." Just thought it was worth another listen, besides it is my favorite song off the new album.
05-10-2006, 01:44 AM

Auuugh, I'm going to keep posting until Kabir changes it or someone acknowledges me, it's "who are you to wave your finger 'insubordinate'" not 'so full of it' listen hard guys, you will see...
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 AM   #367
Level 1 - Lurker

Auuugh, I'm going to keep posting until Kabir changes it or someone acknowledges me, it's "who are you to wave your finger 'insubordinate'" not 'so full of it' listen hard guys, you will see...
OFFLINE |  
Mark-Star's Avatar Mark-Star
05-10-2006, 06:32 AM

i still think it says hair
Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 AM   #368
Level 3 - Talker

i still think it says hair
OFFLINE |  
AlphaGeek's Avatar AlphaGeek
05-10-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:

Umm...kay...That comparison is absurd.
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
Old 05-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #369
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

Umm...kay...That comparison is absurd.
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
OFFLINE |  
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
05-10-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Knievel
I HOLD DEEP IN MUDDY WATER
it's hold in the first line, but later on it IS eyeballs
Old 05-10-2006, 09:11 PM   #370
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Knievel
I HOLD DEEP IN MUDDY WATER
it's hold in the first line, but later on it IS eyeballs
05-10-2006, 09:47 PM

Why would he say "I hold" instead of "Eye hole"?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #371
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Why would he say "I hold" instead of "Eye hole"?
OFFLINE |  
Nicolai
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM

Don't know if this has been covered or not BUT

Isn't it "kangaroo DUNG" and not "Kangaroo done"

and the last lemon juice line...

"Got lemon juice up in your HIGH eye" (meaning third eye perhaps??)
Old 05-11-2006, 12:23 AM   #372
Level 3 - Talker

OFFLINE |  
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-11-2006, 01:42 AM

the line is in pidgin english (sort of).. "kangaroo done hung the jury/guilty" is just a grammatically incorrect way of saying "the kangaroo has hung" etc. as has been pointed out numerous times it's a reference to kangaroo courts.

and i think the use of "high" in that line (if in fact he's not just accentuating the syllable in that typical maynard way that always drives such a wedge into the factions of transcribers) and throughout the whole song is meant to be both a accusation of the object of the song as being "high and mighty" and a double-entendre reference to marijuana..
Old 05-11-2006, 01:42 AM   #373
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

the line is in pidgin english (sort of).. "kangaroo done hung the jury/guilty" is just a grammatically incorrect way of saying "the kangaroo has hung" etc. as has been pointed out numerous times it's a reference to kangaroo courts.

and i think the use of "high" in that line (if in fact he's not just accentuating the syllable in that typical maynard way that always drives such a wedge into the factions of transcribers) and throughout the whole song is meant to be both a accusation of the object of the song as being "high and mighty" and a double-entendre reference to marijuana..
05-11-2006, 08:52 AM

The intro lyrics bother me.

"Eyehole deep" really doesn't make any sense. Has anybody had the thought that it's perhaps "Isle'd deep in muddy waters"???

This would apply to just the first time, during the intro, as later he is CLEARLY saying "Eyeballs".

That would mean essentially isled = an island = "stranded deep in bullshit."

I think that makes a HELL of a lot more sense than "Eyehole deep", especially given that he later says Eyeballs. If the intro lyrics are going to be "different", why would they only be slightly different such that they mean the exact same thing, but in fact sound kind of dumb (who the hell says "eye hole")?
Old 05-11-2006, 08:52 AM   #374
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

"Eyehole deep" really doesn't make any sense. Has anybody had the thought that it's perhaps "Isle'd deep in muddy waters"???

This would apply to just the first time, during the intro, as later he is CLEARLY saying "Eyeballs".

I think that makes a HELL of a lot more sense than "Eyehole deep", especially given that he later says Eyeballs. If the intro lyrics are going to be "different", why would they only be slightly different such that they mean the exact same thing, but in fact sound kind of dumb (who the hell says "eye hole")?
OFFLINE |  
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-11-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub

Yeah, that makes more sense. I didn't like "eye hole" either but couldn't think of what it could be.

We'll see soon enough.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:19 AM   #375
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

Yeah, that makes more sense. I didn't like "eye hole" either but couldn't think of what it could be.

We'll see soon enough.
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM

"Isle'd deep in muddy waters"

Honestly... eyeholes deep makes much more sense the Isled.

I think, not unlike stinkfist, it starts out as eyehole and then goes to eyeballs to signify the subject is sinking.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #376
Level 2 - Poster

I think, not unlike stinkfist, it starts out as eyehole and then goes to eyeballs to signify the subject is sinking.
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
05-11-2006, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer

How does eyehole make more sense than Isle'd?

First of all, it doesn't make sense for it to be a singular noun like "eyehole", when people in fact have 2. Note that later he says "eyeballS", not "eyeball".

Secondly, have you ever heard ANYBODY call it an "eye hole"? Eye socket maybe...but eye hole? Again, why not just say eyeballs? Your explanation for it being because the person is sinking "Deeper" makes no sense. How would ones eyeballs be any deeper than their "eye hole"?

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 05-11-2006 at 12:40 PM..
Old 05-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #377
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer

First of all, it doesn't make sense for it to be a singular noun like "eyehole", when people in fact have 2. Note that later he says "eyeballS", not "eyeball".

Secondly, have you ever heard ANYBODY call it an "eye hole"? Eye socket maybe...but eye hole? Again, why not just say eyeballs? Your explanation for it being because the person is sinking "Deeper" makes no sense. How would ones eyeballs be any deeper than their "eye hole"?

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 05-11-2006 at 12:40 PM..
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:

Whether or not Isle'd makes sense, I hear a very distinct "h" sound... if it's not hole, then it's hold. I hold deep? Not sure about that one.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #378
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Quote:

Whether or not Isle'd makes sense, I hear a very distinct "h" sound... if it's not hole, then it's hold. I hold deep? Not sure about that one.
OFFLINE |  
05-11-2006, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic
Why don't you read the thread. As pointed out, he often makes h sounds before words that start with an O even when there is no H.

Quit wasting my time with your bullshit, guy who I've never met before.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #379
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Why don't you read the thread. As pointed out, he often makes h sounds before words that start with an O even when there is no H.

OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 01:20 PM

Quote:

So how does that apply to Isle'd? You're saying he's making an H sound in the middle of Isle'd? Mayhaps, stranger.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #380
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

So how does that apply to Isle'd? You're saying he's making an H sound in the middle of Isle'd? Mayhaps, stranger.
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow39
I agree.It is NOT Ganja....I believe he says "Brand ya." Does anyone else hear that?
look. weeping shades of chosen indigo is the POLICE, who wear blue (indigo). they are the Ganja Police, who get lemon juice in the eyes of the courts, making them convict and sentence people to jail for something as dumb as pot.

also: it is
"steel borough/bar; reefer savior= shady inference.' this means a reefer savior (perhaps tommy chong?) in jail is a pretty shady inference about our government.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:28 PM   #381
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertow39
I agree.It is NOT Ganja....I believe he says "Brand ya." Does anyone else hear that?
look. weeping shades of chosen indigo is the POLICE, who wear blue (indigo). they are the Ganja Police, who get lemon juice in the eyes of the courts, making them convict and sentence people to jail for something as dumb as pot.

also: it is
"steel borough/bar; reefer savior= shady inference.' this means a reefer savior (perhaps tommy chong?) in jail is a pretty shady inference about our government.
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

agreed. another double-entendre is when he says soap-box house of cards and glass so dont be tossin your STONES around
Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #382
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

agreed. another double-entendre is when he says soap-box house of cards and glass so dont be tossin your STONES around
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 01:44 PM

you silly monkeys
Old 05-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #383
Level 3 - Talker

you silly monkeys
OFFLINE |  
05-11-2006, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, H sounds in front of vowels. The O was just a specific example.

Happens a lot when singers or stage actors are making a conscious effort to enunciate words properly.

Not saying that's what it is, just that it makes a lot more sense than "eye hole" and is a distant possibility.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #384
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Happens a lot when singers or stage actors are making a conscious effort to enunciate words properly.

Not saying that's what it is, just that it makes a lot more sense than "eye hole" and is a distant possibility.
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:

its eyehole. the song is about the judges not being able to see clearly... i also want to throw this out there, but i think the first time he says eyehole, then eyeballs, THEN i think he says I'm Balls deep, THEN i think he says You're balls deep
Old 05-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #385
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:

its eyehole. the song is about the judges not being able to see clearly... i also want to throw this out there, but i think the first time he says eyehole, then eyeballs, THEN i think he says I'm Balls deep, THEN i think he says You're balls deep
OFFLINE |  
05-11-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8andy
Like I said, my idea is a distant possibility. I don't think it is necessarily right.

You, however, are claiming you know "for sure" what it is when really you have no clue.

We'll find out soon enough.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #386
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Like I said, my idea is a distant possibility. I don't think it is necessarily right.

You, however, are claiming you know "for sure" what it is when really you have no clue.

We'll find out soon enough.
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 02:07 PM

i have a couple clues
Old 05-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #387
Level 3 - Talker

i have a couple clues
OFFLINE |  
gr8andy
05-11-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolai

High eye is the "High" eye that the courts look with upon people. it means the judges think of themselves, as do many people, as better than other people. MJK is just mocking them
Old 05-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #388
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolai

High eye is the "High" eye that the courts look with upon people. it means the judges think of themselves, as do many people, as better than other people. MJK is just mocking them
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Where the hell did you pull THAT theory from?
Old 05-11-2006, 09:49 PM   #389
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Where the hell did you pull THAT theory from?
OFFLINE |  
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
05-12-2006, 02:28 AM

I have the crazy theory that Maynard sings not every letter clearly. And also the theory that he doesn't care if he writes first singular and later in the song plural. You guys are just so crazy. By the way (I'm serious, not being sarcastic) I think he says "lemon juice up in your high, high". Not high eye.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:28 AM   #390
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

I have the crazy theory that Maynard sings not every letter clearly. And also the theory that he doesn't care if he writes first singular and later in the song plural. You guys are just so crazy. By the way (I'm serious, not being sarcastic) I think he says "lemon juice up in your high, high". Not high eye.
OFFLINE |  
andreagirl
05-12-2006, 08:15 AM

[QUOTE=insaner]steal borrow refer save your shady inference
kangaroo done hung the jury with the innocent[/QUOTE
steal/borrow/reaper/savior
Old 05-12-2006, 08:15 AM   #391
Level 2 - Poster

[QUOTE=insaner]steal borrow refer save your shady inference
kangaroo done hung the jury with the innocent[/QUOTE
steal/borrow/reaper/savior
OFFLINE |  
andreagirl
05-12-2006, 08:30 AM

i swear he says "i wont steep in muddy waters" in the song--not all of those muddy water lines but i think he uses these lyrics in one--again the kettle reference. tool so often morphs the lyrics as they cycle round in songs---is any one else hearing it too?? this song is going to drive me crazy(er)!!
Old 05-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #392
Level 2 - Poster

i swear he says "i wont steep in muddy waters" in the song--not all of those muddy water lines but i think he uses these lyrics in one--again the kettle reference. tool so often morphs the lyrics as they cycle round in songs---is any one else hearing it too?? this song is going to drive me crazy(er)!!
OFFLINE |  
evilprimeval
05-12-2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
He definitely says "your balls deep" or "you're balls deep" later on.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:32 AM   #393

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
05-12-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilprimeval
/me still thinks he says "elbows deep" the last time he says it.

It reminds me of Stinkfist, how he goes, finger, elbow, shoulder, etc etc.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #394
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
05-12-2006, 01:58 PM

I dunno guys, it sounds like "Eyeballs" the last two times. The last time is just more rough, he's yelling it more.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #395
Level 7 - Loquacious

I dunno guys, it sounds like "Eyeballs" the last two times. The last time is just more rough, he's yelling it more.
OFFLINE |  
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-12-2006, 02:28 PM

YEYEBALLS DEEP IN MUDDY WATERS
is what i hear. there's a "y" sound, but it's just to accentuate the "eye"
Old 05-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #396
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

YEYEBALLS DEEP IN MUDDY WATERS
is what i hear. there's a "y" sound, but it's just to accentuate the "eye"
05-12-2006, 02:40 PM

just to clear something up here. I don't know if someone mentioned this before, but the lyrics page reads,

"Who are you to wave your [mighty / many / fatty] fingers at me?"

It is neither mighty, nor many, nor fatty. It is "muddy fingers". It makes alot more sense in that it is consistent with the rest of the lyrics and if you listen closely it's quite obvious to the ear.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #397

Bincount™: 1

just to clear something up here. I don't know if someone mentioned this before, but the lyrics page reads,

"Who are you to wave your [mighty / many / fatty] fingers at me?"

It is neither mighty, nor many, nor fatty. It is "muddy fingers". It makes alot more sense in that it is consistent with the rest of the lyrics and if you listen closely it's quite obvious to the ear.
OFFLINE |  
evilprimeval
05-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKevin
Listening to it on a very clear, revealing headphone setup at home it really, really sounds like "your balls" or "you're balls".
And, to me, "eye holes" makes perfect sense.
Who cares if we don't often hear them refered to as "eye holes"?
I had never heard an ass (as an analogy) refered to as "the borderline" until stinkfist. He plays with words/meanings all the time.
And people, this is all for fun and conjecture but please think about your ideas just the tiniest bit before you present them.
"I really think he says 'high lows beastin' roger waters...'"
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #398

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKevin
Listening to it on a very clear, revealing headphone setup at home it really, really sounds like "your balls" or "you're balls".
And, to me, "eye holes" makes perfect sense.
Who cares if we don't often hear them refered to as "eye holes"?
I had never heard an ass (as an analogy) refered to as "the borderline" until stinkfist. He plays with words/meanings all the time.
And people, this is all for fun and conjecture but please think about your ideas just the tiniest bit before you present them.
OFFLINE |  
Blanket_509's Avatar Blanket_509
05-12-2006, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Haha, you have me rolling.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #399

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

Haha, you have me rolling.
OFFLINE |  
tooljunkie462
05-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajarigon
That's what I was thinking as well... What's with this animal thing man... Kangaroos, monkeys...
I believe the monkeys are us as humans. And the kangaroos might have something to do with how if you piss one off they will beat the sh*t of you. Like our own government, court system, living in the 3rd rich. hello............................................. ...
Old 05-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #400
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gajarigon
That's what I was thinking as well... What's with this animal thing man... Kangaroos, monkeys...
I believe the monkeys are us as humans. And the kangaroos might have something to do with how if you piss one off they will beat the sh*t of you. Like our own government, court system, living in the 3rd rich. hello............................................. ...
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply