Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
05-06-2006, 08:09 AM

You know. I think this is right. I read the idea of "Cutting our love right in two" but never heard the OUR part. So I just assumed it was MY instead. "Cutting my love right in two" sounded closer.

But now, when you listen for "Cut and divide it all right in two", it is clear as day. He does slur the 'CutAndDivide' part together. This is accurate.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #161
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31
Re: Lyrics

You know. I think this is right. I read the idea of "Cutting our love right in two" but never heard the OUR part. So I just assumed it was MY instead. "Cutting my love right in two" sounded closer.

But now, when you listen for "Cut and divide it all right in two", it is clear as day. He does slur the 'CutAndDivide' part together. This is accurate.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
05-06-2006, 08:49 AM

These lyrics are very close. The FIGHT part is still sketchy. You can keep making stuff up forever, if you want. But these are the closest lyrics yet.

RIGHT IN TWO

Angels on the sideline
Puzzled and amused
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they’re all confused

Don’t these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they forge a blade
And where there's one they're bound to divide it
Right in two (x2)

Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they make a club
And beat their brother down
How they survive so misguided is a mystery
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here

Cut and divide it all right in two (x4)

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
They fight over life, over blood, over air
They fight over love, over sun, over blood
They fight till they die, (Ahhh!) Over what?
For their endless need

Angels on the sideline again
Been so long with patience and reason
Wondering when this tug of war will end

Cut and divide it all right in two (x3)
Right in two (x2)
Right in two
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 05-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #162
Level 8 - Vociferous

These lyrics are very close. The FIGHT part is still sketchy. You can keep making stuff up forever, if you want. But these are the closest lyrics yet.

RIGHT IN TWO

Angels on the sideline
Puzzled and amused
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they’re all confused

Don’t these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys
Where there's one you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose

Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they forge a blade
And where there's one they're bound to divide it
Right in two (x2)

Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they make a club
And beat their brother down
How they survive so misguided is a mystery
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability
To lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here

Cut and divide it all right in two (x4)

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
They fight over life, over blood, over air
They fight over love, over sun, over blood
They fight till they die, (Ahhh!) Over what?
For their endless need

Been so long with patience and reason
Wondering when this tug of war will end

Cut and divide it all right in two (x3)
Right in two (x2)
Right in two
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
indigo's Avatar indigo
05-06-2006, 10:40 AM

my ears are hearing something totally different.... i think maynard is using a play on words at the end. i think it sounds like... " guide our love right into" does anybody else hear it too?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #163
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

my ears are hearing something totally different.... i think maynard is using a play on words at the end. i think it sounds like... " guide our love right into" does anybody else hear it too?
05-06-2006, 01:33 PM

does anyone actually realise how important to our understanding of the song that little 'it' is? If it doesn't exist, which is true, then it changes the meaning dramatically, and to some poor soul reading up the lyrics, it'd make a world of difference. so remember, don't include the 'it' when you post the lyrics!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #164
Level 4 - Thinker

does anyone actually realise how important to our understanding of the song that little 'it' is? If it doesn't exist, which is true, then it changes the meaning dramatically, and to some poor soul reading up the lyrics, it'd make a world of difference. so remember, don't include the 'it' when you post the lyrics!
justanothertool
05-06-2006, 03:29 PM

Here's what I got...

Angels on the sideline, puzzled and amused. Why did Father give these humans freewill? Now they’re all confused. Don’t these talkin’ monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around. Plenty in this holy garden… silly monkeys, where there’s one you’re bound to divide it…right in two.

Angels on the sideline, baffled and confused. Father blessed them all with reason, and this is what they choose? Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they forge a blade. And where there’s one they’re bound to divide it…right in two….right in two

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to Heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Guide it on right in two, guide right on, right in two, guide right on, right in two, guide right on, right in two …

Fight over everything, over wind, over sky. Fight over lies, over blood, over anything…over life, over love, over sun, over nothing. Fight ‘til they die. Fight over the one who will rise, and…

Angels on the sideline again, benched along with patience and reason. Angels on the sideline again, wondering when this tug of war will end.

Guide it on right in two, guide right on, right in two, guide right on, right in two, guide right on, right in two …
Old 05-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #165
Level 1 - Lurker

Here's what I got...

Angels on the sideline, puzzled and amused. Why did Father give these humans freewill? Now they’re all confused. Don’t these talkin’ monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around. Plenty in this holy garden… silly monkeys, where there’s one you’re bound to divide it…right in two.

Angels on the sideline, baffled and confused. Father blessed them all with reason, and this is what they choose? Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys, give them thumbs they forge a blade. And where there’s one they’re bound to divide it…right in two….right in two

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground. Silly monkeys give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to Heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Fight over everything, over wind, over sky. Fight over lies, over blood, over anything…over life, over love, over sun, over nothing. Fight ‘til they die. Fight over the one who will rise, and…

Angels on the sideline again, benched along with patience and reason. Angels on the sideline again, wondering when this tug of war will end.

ljasonl
05-06-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissen
I agree with you that there's no "it" but I don't see how it changes the meaning
Old 05-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #166
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissen
I agree with you that there's no "it" but I don't see how it changes the meaning
Attila's Avatar Attila
05-06-2006, 04:25 PM

You know guys. I have been listening to this song for a long time and I'm 100% sure that they arent even saying "Right In Two" its "Right In Tool" if you listen closely its completely appearent. It totally makes sense too cause the bands name is Tool. Get it?? DUH!
Old 05-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #167
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

You know guys. I have been listening to this song for a long time and I'm 100% sure that they arent even saying "Right In Two" its "Right In Tool" if you listen closely its completely appearent. It totally makes sense too cause the bands name is Tool. Get it?? DUH!
05-06-2006, 06:07 PM

i agree with TornDown

gotta divide it all right in two
cut it right all, right in two
right in two
right in two
Old 05-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #168
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

i agree with TornDown

right in two
right in two
G_ary
05-06-2006, 07:33 PM

their is a g in the start of the third word. it is "cuttin the globe right in two" can you guys listen to it again and think of the g in their. im posative. does not one else hear the g sound.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #169
Level 1 - Lurker

their is a g in the start of the third word. it is "cuttin the globe right in two" can you guys listen to it again and think of the g in their. im posative. does not one else hear the g sound.
Rissen
05-07-2006, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasonl
Well, think about it.

"When there's one you're bound to divide it right in two" - What is this supposed to mean? If you divide something in two, you're sharing it! Oh no, how terrible is that, when you only have one of something, you cut it in half and share it out! Stupid monkeys...
Old 05-07-2006, 05:01 AM   #170
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasonl
Well, think about it.

"When there's one you're bound to divide it right in two" - What is this supposed to mean? If you divide something in two, you're sharing it! Oh no, how terrible is that, when you only have one of something, you cut it in half and share it out! Stupid monkeys...
05-07-2006, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSin
i agree with TornDown

right in two
right in two
This is wrong. Sorry. Try again.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #171
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by inSin
i agree with TornDown

right in two
right in two
This is wrong. Sorry. Try again.
oneskeptic
05-07-2006, 02:48 PM

You know, I haven't seen anyone suggest that he might be saying "cutting all you know" (right in two)--but I thinks its fairly clear thats what it is. "love" and "all" sound forced in addition to the fact that "cutting your love right in two" doesn't really make much sense in this context. But "all you know" makes good sense I think and is consistent w/ "where theres one your/their bound to divide it right in two".
Anyone agree?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:48 PM   #172
Level 2 - Poster

You know, I haven't seen anyone suggest that he might be saying "cutting all you know" (right in two)--but I thinks its fairly clear thats what it is. "love" and "all" sound forced in addition to the fact that "cutting your love right in two" doesn't really make much sense in this context. But "all you know" makes good sense I think and is consistent w/ "where theres one your/their bound to divide it right in two".
Anyone agree?
el_boss's Avatar el_boss
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM

I'm thinking that it's all pretty much connected in one big senetence.

Fight darling, fly over rain, over sky and fight off the lie, over blood, over any light, over love, over sun, over nothing.
Fight for the time, for the love, for the rising.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #173
Level 4 - Thinker

I'm thinking that it's all pretty much connected in one big senetence.

Fight darling, fly over rain, over sky and fight off the lie, over blood, over any light, over love, over sun, over nothing.
Fight for the time, for the love, for the rising.
lessthanmurf
05-07-2006, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo

Damn, im glad someone else heard this.

i was going to post that i hear 'guide your love/light right into.'
Old 05-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #174
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo

Damn, im glad someone else heard this.

i was going to post that i hear 'guide your love/light right into.'
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
05-07-2006, 09:04 PM

i used to think it was "guide right on right in two"

but now, since kabir showed me the light, all i hear is "cutting our love right in two."

kabir is right. thank you kabir.

the whole thing is a bit muddled, you can't hear the full 't' in cutting, or the full 'r' in our, or the full 'v' in love, but the rest is clearly there. that's what i hear, totally. it makes since, too, tons of it.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #175
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9

but now, since kabir showed me the light, all i hear is "cutting our love right in two."

the whole thing is a bit muddled, you can't hear the full 't' in cutting, or the full 'r' in our, or the full 'v' in love, but the rest is clearly there. that's what i hear, totally. it makes since, too, tons of it.
05-08-2006, 12:58 PM

Quote:

the whole thing is a bit muddled, you can't hear the full 't' in cutting, or the full 'r' in our, or the full 'v' in love, but the rest is clearly there. that's what i hear, totally. it makes sense, too, tons of it.
I agree. 100% This is done now, right?
Good luck on the other confusing section....
Old 05-08-2006, 12:58 PM   #176
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

the whole thing is a bit muddled, you can't hear the full 't' in cutting, or the full 'r' in our, or the full 'v' in love, but the rest is clearly there. that's what i hear, totally. it makes sense, too, tons of it.
I agree. 100% This is done now, right?
Good luck on the other confusing section....
Rosette feasted's Avatar Rosette feasted
05-08-2006, 01:23 PM

I think its rather 'claw' that 'club'. It is still strange, because I'm making a fist tobeat my brother down and not a claw, but maybe maynard is a bruce lee fan or something like that..
Old 05-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #177
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

I think its rather 'claw' that 'club'. It is still strange, because I'm making a fist tobeat my brother down and not a claw, but maybe maynard is a bruce lee fan or something like that..
05-09-2006, 09:52 AM

If you want to put and end to the chorus debate, go to 7:49 in the song. It is the last time he says the line, and it is the clearest. He says:

"Cut and divide it all right in two."
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 AM   #178
Level 8 - Vociferous

If you want to put and end to the chorus debate, go to 7:49 in the song. It is the last time he says the line, and it is the clearest. He says:

rockstarchad
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM

I agree with the "l" sound that someone posted supposing it was "love," but can anyone work with the word "allot?" I've been going back and forth with it to no avail. But the "allot" sounds pretty on, and matches with the "divide" theme of the song. Something like, "God, allot it all right in two" or "Cut, allot it all right in two," although I know this probably isn't right. Good work people, you guys have done some good lyric work!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #179
Level 2 - Poster

I agree with the "l" sound that someone posted supposing it was "love," but can anyone work with the word "allot?" I've been going back and forth with it to no avail. But the "allot" sounds pretty on, and matches with the "divide" theme of the song. Something like, "God, allot it all right in two" or "Cut, allot it all right in two," although I know this probably isn't right. Good work people, you guys have done some good lyric work!
oneskeptic
05-09-2006, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

You people are morons--listen to the song, he says "cutting all you KNOW" (right in two)
Old 05-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #180
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

You people are morons--listen to the song, he says "cutting all you KNOW" (right in two)
praefector's Avatar praefector
05-09-2006, 09:53 PM

lol still havent nailed a definite line for the chorus

half the time i hear "gotta divide it all"

the other have i hear the elongated "cuuuu uuuut it all right in two"

i dont really care anymore, i just sing whatever i feel like at the time now
Old 05-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #181
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

lol still havent nailed a definite line for the chorus

half the time i hear "gotta divide it all"

the other have i hear the elongated "cuuuu uuuut it all right in two"

i dont really care anymore, i just sing whatever i feel like at the time now
neognosis's Avatar neognosis
05-10-2006, 05:23 AM

Quote:

That's what I'm hearing every time now.

Okay, so let's get to work on that hard part, people.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:23 AM   #182
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

That's what I'm hearing every time now.

Okay, so let's get to work on that hard part, people.
Hanover_Fist
05-10-2006, 08:16 AM

It sounds to me like he's singing slightly different lines each time in the first "...it all right in two" chorus.

I've been using earbuds and listening repeatedly at multiple volumes, while rereading the whole thread checking for any better words in the "fight" section.

There's a certain clarity once the lyrics snap into place: I thought it was "To live tonight in heaven" for a while and it sounded slightly mushy listening along. Once I read "To lift an eye to heaven" it just clicked.

All that being said, here's what I have for the end of the song:

Cuuuut it all right in two
Cut it (-uuut it) all right in two
Cut an' divide it all right in two
Gonna divide it all right in two

Fight, for they die, over th' earth, over sky
They fight over love, over ground, over th' air
And light, over love, over sin, over blood and
Fight, 'til they die. Over what? For the lies end

Angels on the sideline again, been too long with patience and reason
Angels on the sideline again, wondering where this tug of war will end

[Cut an'/Gonna] divide it all right in two
Right in two

I'm not positive about the last chorus, but this sounds right to me.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 AM   #183
Level 3 - Talker

It sounds to me like he's singing slightly different lines each time in the first "...it all right in two" chorus.

I've been using earbuds and listening repeatedly at multiple volumes, while rereading the whole thread checking for any better words in the "fight" section.

There's a certain clarity once the lyrics snap into place: I thought it was "To live tonight in heaven" for a while and it sounded slightly mushy listening along. Once I read "To lift an eye to heaven" it just clicked.

All that being said, here's what I have for the end of the song:

Cuuuut it all right in two
Cut it (-uuut it) all right in two
Gonna divide it all right in two

Fight, for they die, over th' earth, over sky
They fight over love, over ground, over th' air
And light, over love, over sin, over blood and
Fight, 'til they die. Over what? For the lies end

Angels on the sideline again, been too long with patience and reason
Angels on the sideline again, wondering where this tug of war will end

[Cut an'/Gonna] divide it all right in two
Right in two

I'm not positive about the last chorus, but this sounds right to me.
gian-fi-ita
05-10-2006, 08:17 AM

I have this impression
instead of "Cut it all right in two"
"Cutting light it all right in two"...
Could this make any sense?
Sorry, me not American, nor English...
Old 05-10-2006, 08:17 AM   #184
Level 1 - Lurker

I have this impression
instead of "Cut it all right in two"
"Cutting light it all right in two"...
Could this make any sense?
Sorry, me not American, nor English...
Muladhara's Avatar Muladhara
05-10-2006, 08:45 AM

I always thought it was just "Cutting it all right in two." still do.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #185
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

I always thought it was just "Cutting it all right in two." still do.
05-10-2006, 03:13 PM

"Fight 'till they die over earth, over sky.
They fight and they'll lie over blood, over any life.
And they love over sun, over land.
They fight 'till they die for loved ones, for 'the rising'."

Last edited by jason92782; 05-10-2006 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #186
Level 1 - Lurker

"Fight 'till they die over earth, over sky.
They fight and they'll lie over blood, over any life.
And they love over sun, over land.
They fight 'till they die for loved ones, for 'the rising'."

Last edited by jason92782; 05-10-2006 at 07:25 PM..
thepogue
05-10-2006, 05:52 PM

Alright... I'm new around here, so i'll go cliche and say "First time poster, long time tool fan." Anyway... My only dispute on the lyrics is the second line... it currently says:
"Puzzled and amused"
My suggestion is :
"Puzzled, unamused"
After listening to this repeatedly i cant really say for sure, but to me unamused seems to fit better with the tone of the song... anyone else agree?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #187
Level 1 - Lurker

Alright... I'm new around here, so i'll go cliche and say "First time poster, long time tool fan." Anyway... My only dispute on the lyrics is the second line... it currently says:
"Puzzled and amused"
My suggestion is :
"Puzzled, unamused"
After listening to this repeatedly i cant really say for sure, but to me unamused seems to fit better with the tone of the song... anyone else agree?
visualtim's Avatar visualtim
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
Man, if you don't know what he's talking 'bout, just pick a software like Audacity and slowdown the track you want.

There's no fucking way to be "club", you can't hear an U or B.
My experience with slowing tracks down:
Sure, it let's your brain catch every vowel and every consonant, but your brain didn't learn the english language at half the normal speed. My point is, the more you slow it down, the more you'll start hearing words or phrases that aren't there. This requires trust, but I ask that you trust me on this one.

And as for your lack of a "b" in "club", it's there. It's very soft, and faintly pronounced at the beginning of "and" in the phrase "and beat their brother down". I don't know how much experience you have at singing, but I know I was taught early in life (freakin' gradeschool) that when you sing a word with a consonant at the end, you hold onto the vowel longer, but short on the ending consonant.
For instance, don't sing "cannnnnnnnn", but sing "caaaaaaaan".
When this happens, most singers have a habit of not pronunciating and they either drop the last consonant completely or it's said so quick or quietly it's inaudible. Usually the common layperson doesn't notice this because in an average song, the lyrics aren't that difficult to figure out (sometimes even predictable).

Oh, and when you have two words, the first ending in a consonant and the second beginning with a vowel, then you can hold onto the last vowel in the first word and attach the consonant at the beginning of the second word.
Like, for a quick example "caaaaaa nask" for the line "can ask".

I swear to god I'm not making this up. If someone could back me up, that'd be great. Come on, I know you're out there.

Last edited by visualtim; 05-10-2006 at 07:11 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 07:07 PM   #188
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard
Man, if you don't know what he's talking 'bout, just pick a software like Audacity and slowdown the track you want.

There's no fucking way to be "club", you can't hear an U or B.
My experience with slowing tracks down:
Sure, it let's your brain catch every vowel and every consonant, but your brain didn't learn the english language at half the normal speed. My point is, the more you slow it down, the more you'll start hearing words or phrases that aren't there. This requires trust, but I ask that you trust me on this one.

And as for your lack of a "b" in "club", it's there. It's very soft, and faintly pronounced at the beginning of "and" in the phrase "and beat their brother down". I don't know how much experience you have at singing, but I know I was taught early in life (freakin' gradeschool) that when you sing a word with a consonant at the end, you hold onto the vowel longer, but short on the ending consonant.
For instance, don't sing "cannnnnnnnn", but sing "caaaaaaaan".
When this happens, most singers have a habit of not pronunciating and they either drop the last consonant completely or it's said so quick or quietly it's inaudible. Usually the common layperson doesn't notice this because in an average song, the lyrics aren't that difficult to figure out (sometimes even predictable).

Oh, and when you have two words, the first ending in a consonant and the second beginning with a vowel, then you can hold onto the last vowel in the first word and attach the consonant at the beginning of the second word.
Like, for a quick example "caaaaaa nask" for the line "can ask".

I swear to god I'm not making this up. If someone could back me up, that'd be great. Come on, I know you're out there.

Last edited by visualtim; 05-10-2006 at 07:11 PM..
AlphaGeek's Avatar AlphaGeek
05-10-2006, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualtim
I'll back you here...This has been my experience with vocals as well.

I CLEARLY hear club. not claw.
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
Old 05-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #189
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualtim
I'll back you here...This has been my experience with vocals as well.

I CLEARLY hear club. not claw.
This post was made with no warranties, expressed or implied. All comments are to be taked with a grain of salt. Athough attempts may or may not be made to accentuate the sarcasm, It is the sole responsibility of the reader to ascertain the particular level of sarcasm therein.

Quote:
"Stick that big goofy head back in your ass..."
- Sodemizer
*lebowski*
05-11-2006, 01:01 AM

At the end the song actually goes:

Angels on the sideline again, petulant with patience and reason

petulant
adj
Definition: crabby, moody
Antonyms: affable, good-humored, good-natured, happy, pleasant

Seems pretty clear to me, and it actually makes sense.

Last edited by *lebowski*; 05-11-2006 at 01:04 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #190
Level 2 - Poster

petulant
adj

Last edited by *lebowski*; 05-11-2006 at 01:04 AM..
selectforsocietalsanity's Avatar selectforsocietalsanity
05-11-2006, 05:15 AM

I also hear club in the song.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:15 AM   #191
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I also hear club in the song.
05-11-2006, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *lebowski*

petulant
adj

"moody with patience and reason"?
"crabby with patience and reason"?

Neither of those make much sense....
"Benched along with patience and reason" fits better and uses the same imagery as "Angels on the sideline".
Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 AM   #192
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:

petulant
adj

"Benched along with patience and reason" fits better and uses the same imagery as "Angels on the sideline".
CaseLogic
05-11-2006, 08:36 AM

Here's what I hear... I'll also upload a clip of that hard part edited so you can hear the vocals more easily (it's actually surprisingly better when you listen to it through speakers than headphones)

Fighting til they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light
Over love, over sin, over blood
They fight, til they die, over ones, who are rising.

http://www.omgosh.com/fighting.mp3
Old 05-11-2006, 08:36 AM   #193
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Here's what I hear... I'll also upload a clip of that hard part edited so you can hear the vocals more easily (it's actually surprisingly better when you listen to it through speakers than headphones)

Fighting til they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light
Over love, over sin, over blood
They fight, til they die, over ones, who are rising.

http://www.omgosh.com/fighting.mp3
foxxxzzz
05-11-2006, 02:09 PM

x

Last edited by foxxxzzz; 05-11-2006 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: wrong
Old 05-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #194
Level 1 - Lurker

x

Last edited by foxxxzzz; 05-11-2006 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: wrong
foxxxzzz
05-11-2006, 02:27 PM

Hi Caselogic, I agree with you for almost the entire part.
I have a couple of differences.

Fight till they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light.
Over love, over FAITH, over blood.
They fight, till they die, FOR THE ONE, FOR THE WRITINGS.

But then again...
I might be wrong.
difficult part
Old 05-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #195
Level 1 - Lurker

Hi Caselogic, I agree with you for almost the entire part.
I have a couple of differences.

Fight till they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light.
Over love, over FAITH, over blood.
They fight, till they die, FOR THE ONE, FOR THE WRITINGS.

But then again...
I might be wrong.
difficult part
liar
05-11-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i think hes saying

"gotta divide it all right in two"

that is dead on.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:55 PM   #196
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by praefector
i think hes saying

"gotta divide it all right in two"

that is dead on.
05-11-2006, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun79

see the atonym: pleasant, good natured etc etc
Old 05-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #197
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotun79

jotun79
05-12-2006, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Okay, but you do realize that "antonyms" are words that mean the opposite of the defined word...?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #198
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Okay, but you do realize that "antonyms" are words that mean the opposite of the defined word...?
ozzythekid
05-12-2006, 08:00 AM

Gotta Divide it all right in two...

After slowing it down to half speed I can clearly hear every word. I am about 99.9% convinced that this is very close, if not exactly what is being sung.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:00 AM   #199
Level 1 - Lurker

Gotta Divide it all right in two...

After slowing it down to half speed I can clearly hear every word. I am about 99.9% convinced that this is very close, if not exactly what is being sung.
SteelKilroy
05-12-2006, 12:12 PM

I don't know, listening very closely, at the end it still sounds like

"Cutting 'Right', all right in two

pretty tricky...
Old 05-12-2006, 12:12 PM   #200
Level 1 - Lurker

I don't know, listening very closely, at the end it still sounds like

"Cutting 'Right', all right in two