Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » What's He Saying??
User Name
Password
benjamin's Avatar benjamin
08-29-2007, 08:57 AM

Live versions prove only that you're capable of posting a nice little link... jesus, they're not a basis for interpreting lyrics!!!

NEVER!! EVER, EVER!!! infinity!!!

We're talking studio version or nothing. In fact, live versions do more to disprove anything you've said in the past than they do to help your case.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #921
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 27
Re: 10 - Right In Two lyrics

Live versions prove only that you're capable of posting a nice little link... jesus, they're not a basis for interpreting lyrics!!!

NEVER!! EVER, EVER!!! infinity!!!

We're talking studio version or nothing. In fact, live versions do more to disprove anything you've said in the past than they do to help your case.
08-29-2007, 09:11 AM

Cu - ut all right in two
Gottadivide all right in two
Cut'ndivide itall right in two
Gotta divide it all right in two
Con - fide all right in two
Cut'n d'vide itall right in two
Gotta divide it all right in two, right in two!

I (creator) must split (divide) the responsabilities of this reality (all) between two individuals (man and woman)
"Gotta divide it all right in two."

EDIT: having said all that, I still think that Nards "official" lyrics sheet simply says,
"Cut it all right in two."

...the world may never know.

Last edited by benjamin; 08-29-2007 at 09:13 AM..
Old 08-29-2007, 09:11 AM   #922
Level 8 - Vociferous

Cu - ut all right in two
Gottadivide all right in two
Cut'ndivide itall right in two
Gotta divide it all right in two
Con - fide all right in two
Cut'n d'vide itall right in two
Gotta divide it all right in two, right in two!

I (creator) must split (divide) the responsabilities of this reality (all) between two individuals (man and woman)
"Gotta divide it all right in two."

EDIT: having said all that, I still think that Nards "official" lyrics sheet simply says,
"Cut it all right in two."

...the world may never know.

Last edited by benjamin; 08-29-2007 at 09:13 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
08-29-2007, 09:24 AM

"Cuttin' our love, right in two"
Old 08-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #923
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

08-29-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
What's the perspective for that?
Old 08-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #924
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
08-29-2007, 10:32 AM

I actually hear that some of the time. As well as "Cut it all right in two" sometimes and "Cutting my law right in two" sometimes (at different times in the song).
Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #925
Level 11 - Moogle (tdn $upporter)

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature
Bincount™: 694

I actually hear that some of the time. As well as "Cut it all right in two" sometimes and "Cutting my law right in two" sometimes (at different times in the song).
08-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQJEvE3Spc

Listen to it...you can clearly hear him say "cuttin' our love, right in two". Listen closely and you can hear the "V" sound...cuttin' our lo-ove, right in two". He also says "to lift an eye to heaven" I'm pretty sure.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #926
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQJEvE3Spc

Listen to it...you can clearly hear him say "cuttin' our love, right in two". Listen closely and you can hear the "V" sound...cuttin' our lo-ove, right in two". He also says "to lift an eye to heaven" I'm pretty sure.
08-30-2007, 09:33 AM

I agree with Inner on both of those lines.

Inner, what about the "Benched along with..." line? What do you hear?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 AM   #927

Location: Chocobo's Forest Job: Save games & sell goods Description: Fuzzy little winged creature

08-31-2007, 10:02 AM

I'd like to know what your thoughts are on where the singer is coming from. ie: gods perspective, the angles', etc... It seems the song is sung third person, but the line "...our love, or my law." would be a first person lyric. Which "persons" perspective do you think it would be?

It's my feeling the perspective remains the same throughout the song, and the chorus goes, "cut it all right in two, gotta divide it all right in two,...yada yada..." always a third person naration.

"lift an eye to heaven" doesn't fit with the amount of T or D-sounds I hear in that part. Sounds like, "...lift an eye dat heaven..." to me, and what is lifting an eye da heaven anyway, I think if you're listening always on your pc you should change venues, doesn't matter what anyone says, even w/ the best 'phones, I don't think the pc is as good as stereo, in car or home.

Peace.

go browns
Old 08-31-2007, 10:02 AM   #928
Level 8 - Vociferous

I'd like to know what your thoughts are on where the singer is coming from. ie: gods perspective, the angles', etc... It seems the song is sung third person, but the line "...our love, or my law." would be a first person lyric. Which "persons" perspective do you think it would be?

It's my feeling the perspective remains the same throughout the song, and the chorus goes, "cut it all right in two, gotta divide it all right in two,...yada yada..." always a third person naration.

"lift an eye to heaven" doesn't fit with the amount of T or D-sounds I hear in that part. Sounds like, "...lift an eye dat heaven..." to me, and what is lifting an eye da heaven anyway, I think if you're listening always on your pc you should change venues, doesn't matter what anyone says, even w/ the best 'phones, I don't think the pc is as good as stereo, in car or home.

Peace.

go browns
08-31-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PShepherd11 View Post

I'll have to listen again to that one, I'm at work so I don't want to make it too obvious that I wasn't working...lol But when I did hear it I couldn't quite tell, it was either "benched along" or "penchulant" but, I'm leaning towards "benched". I'll listen again during lunch.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:07 AM   #929
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

I'll have to listen again to that one, I'm at work so I don't want to make it too obvious that I wasn't working...lol But when I did hear it I couldn't quite tell, it was either "benched along" or "penchulant" but, I'm leaning towards "benched". I'll listen again during lunch.
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM

Ok, I listened again and I definately believe he says "benched along" which as people have said kind of fits with the angels being on the sideline theme.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM   #930
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Ok, I listened again and I definately believe he says "benched along" which as people have said kind of fits with the angels being on the sideline theme.
08-31-2007, 02:44 PM

CUT IT RIGHT IN ALL, RIGHT IN TWO!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #931
Last stop on the West Coast line.

Bincount™: 7282

08-31-2007, 03:57 PM

I wish the lyrics would come out for fucks sake.

Benjamin, I see you like to be the devil's advocate. In other words, ANY lyrics in question, you have to put the Benjamin spin on. "Live tonight at heaven." Saying "they'll" instead of "they." The list goes on. I know with some of us, it's this sense of pride that makes people go at each other's throats. I personally don't care what the lyrics are anymore, and it's a shame that Maynard didn't annunciate them properly. Everyone on this goddamn forum wants to be accredited for hearing that one syllable no one else could detect. All I know is that if you really let this get to you, you are positively ruining the song.

Never in my life have I heard someone say "Cut that apple right in all right in two." Onion, bell pepper, whatever the case may be, I've cut a lot of things right in two. All I really want to know, what does the phrase "Right in all." even mean? I have no doubt you can attach a meaning to it, after all, we seem to be pretty adept in doing that here at tdn.

But I have to say, this is about the most childish thread I've ever read here. Yes, I'm just as guilty as the rest, but have you thought about what we sound like?

"It's 'live tonight in heaven...'"

"No! It's 'LIVE TONIGHT AT HEAVEN!!!"

"You're so stupid!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes you ARE!"

"NO I'M NOT!!!"

"stupidpeoplesaywhat."

"What was that?"

"Haha, you're so stupid!"

First graders. That what it ends up devolving in to. Elementary shenanigans. I'll stop proposing my ideas on the lyrics if everyone else will. :) Let this thread die a cold and lonely death, so we can enjoy the song for once, instead rewinding the song 90 million times when it comes to the chorus. If I focus on two seconds of audio exclusively, I'm missing out on %99.98 of the song.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:57 PM   #932
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I wish the lyrics would come out for fucks sake.

Benjamin, I see you like to be the devil's advocate. In other words, ANY lyrics in question, you have to put the Benjamin spin on. "Live tonight at heaven." Saying "they'll" instead of "they." The list goes on. I know with some of us, it's this sense of pride that makes people go at each other's throats. I personally don't care what the lyrics are anymore, and it's a shame that Maynard didn't annunciate them properly. Everyone on this goddamn forum wants to be accredited for hearing that one syllable no one else could detect. All I know is that if you really let this get to you, you are positively ruining the song.

Never in my life have I heard someone say "Cut that apple right in all right in two." Onion, bell pepper, whatever the case may be, I've cut a lot of things right in two. All I really want to know, what does the phrase "Right in all." even mean? I have no doubt you can attach a meaning to it, after all, we seem to be pretty adept in doing that here at tdn.

But I have to say, this is about the most childish thread I've ever read here. Yes, I'm just as guilty as the rest, but have you thought about what we sound like?

"It's 'live tonight in heaven...'"

"No! It's 'LIVE TONIGHT AT HEAVEN!!!"

"You're so stupid!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Yes you ARE!"

"NO I'M NOT!!!"

"stupidpeoplesaywhat."

"What was that?"

"Haha, you're so stupid!"

First graders. That what it ends up devolving in to. Elementary shenanigans. I'll stop proposing my ideas on the lyrics if everyone else will. :) Let this thread die a cold and lonely death, so we can enjoy the song for once, instead rewinding the song 90 million times when it comes to the chorus. If I focus on two seconds of audio exclusively, I'm missing out on %99.98 of the song.
08-31-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Everyone on this goddamn forum wants to be accredited for hearing that one syllable no one else could detect..
This is what I truely can't stand, and I realize it may seem to be my motive too, but it's not, this is a pretty annonymous forum anyway, what "credit is there to be had? I understand what you're saying and agree, but I continue to use this thread as was intended

lol, for every post I've made here, I've thoroughly enjoyed the song for what it is, whithout contemplation or pause for...

Peace.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:31 PM   #933
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
Everyone on this goddamn forum wants to be accredited for hearing that one syllable no one else could detect..
This is what I truely can't stand, and I realize it may seem to be my motive too, but it's not, this is a pretty annonymous forum anyway, what "credit is there to be had? I understand what you're saying and agree, but I continue to use this thread as was intended

lol, for every post I've made here, I've thoroughly enjoyed the song for what it is, whithout contemplation or pause for...

Peace.
08-31-2007, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esurient4Truth View Post
lol, does that make sense?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:59 PM   #934
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 53

Quote:
lol, does that make sense?
09-03-2007, 08:07 PM

Um...

Benched along with patience and reason.

Sounds like it, makes sense, stop making up words that don't work so you can feel special. We don't need a Jambi pt. 2.

As for the chorus, I still say it's "Cu-ut it all right in two". All this "cutting thine all"/"cutting our love"/"cutting our law"/whatever is ridiculous. It doesn't fit and to me it doesn't sound like Maynard.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #935
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Um...

Sounds like it, makes sense, stop making up words that don't work so you can feel special. We don't need a Jambi pt. 2.

As for the chorus, I still say it's "Cu-ut it all right in two". All this "cutting thine all"/"cutting our love"/"cutting our law"/whatever is ridiculous. It doesn't fit and to me it doesn't sound like Maynard.
PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
09-04-2007, 05:53 AM

It doesn't matter much what others hear, I am stubborn and I still hear what I've heard from the beginning. I also don't care about proving others wrong. I just look at it like we're all sharing our perspectives on the lyrics and some are more adamant about it. There's no reason to get angry or be demeaning towards others because they don't agree with something, especially something as trivial as this. The lyrics I hear make sense to me, so what I hear will be correct to me.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 AM   #936

It doesn't matter much what others hear, I am stubborn and I still hear what I've heard from the beginning. I also don't care about proving others wrong. I just look at it like we're all sharing our perspectives on the lyrics and some are more adamant about it. There's no reason to get angry or be demeaning towards others because they don't agree with something, especially something as trivial as this. The lyrics I hear make sense to me, so what I hear will be correct to me.
09-04-2007, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcaloverbri9 View Post
Um...

That's fine but, one day I'll be the one with the last laugh when the official lyrics come out and it says "cuttin' our love right in two". And it DOES make sense, if you can't see how that woudl at least make sense then you should request to re-enlist to 3rd grade.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #937
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Um...

That's fine but, one day I'll be the one with the last laugh when the official lyrics come out and it says "cuttin' our love right in two". And it DOES make sense, if you can't see how that woudl at least make sense then you should request to re-enlist to 3rd grade.
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
09-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Um...

You sir, are an ass.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #938
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Um...

You sir, are an ass.
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkz View Post
You sir, are an ass.
Whatever you say.

Really, though, people insist on posting whatever they hear rather than what really makes sense, and it's ridiculous. Could I be wrong? Yeah. But I guarantee it's not "Been too long"/"been so long" - it's not even grammatically correct, in a song with a line like "Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here".

You're entitled to your own belief (it is not, in point of fact, an opinion), but think it through first. If it's just, to quote someone several posts up, "a clusterfuck of words" without any real meaning, chances are it's wrong.

Also: I'm not getting angry, I just think people should think their interpretations through more before posting nonsense like "been so long with patience and reason" - that just makes no sense.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #939
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
You sir, are an ass.
Whatever you say.

Really, though, people insist on posting whatever they hear rather than what really makes sense, and it's ridiculous. Could I be wrong? Yeah. But I guarantee it's not "Been too long"/"been so long" - it's not even grammatically correct, in a song with a line like "Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here".

You're entitled to your own belief (it is not, in point of fact, an opinion), but think it through first. If it's just, to quote someone several posts up, "a clusterfuck of words" without any real meaning, chances are it's wrong.

Also: I'm not getting angry, I just think people should think their interpretations through more before posting nonsense like "been so long with patience and reason" - that just makes no sense.
toolrox19's Avatar toolrox19
09-04-2007, 06:04 PM

^^^^^ dayum stright
Old 09-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #940
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

^^^^^ dayum stright
09-04-2007, 06:06 PM

It makes sense to them, and maybe your interpretation doesn't make sense to them.

I'll go back to my basic argument of - this is an opinion forum, so you telling people that they don't make sense is redundant. Does it affect you if they think it's "Been so long"? Hell no. IMO, you should follow your own advice and think your interpretation through before claiming it's better than others.

Last edited by dirkz; 09-05-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Old 09-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #941
Level 7 - Loquacious

It makes sense to them, and maybe your interpretation doesn't make sense to them.

I'll go back to my basic argument of - this is an opinion forum, so you telling people that they don't make sense is redundant. Does it affect you if they think it's "Been so long"? Hell no. IMO, you should follow your own advice and think your interpretation through before claiming it's better than others.

Last edited by dirkz; 09-05-2007 at 01:04 PM..
orcaloverbri9
09-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
It makes sense to them
Assumption. Just because they said it, doesn't mean they've thought about it and decided it makes any sort of sense rather than just being a jumble of words that sounds similar to what they hear.

Quote:
I'll go back to my basic argument of - this is an opinion forum, so you telling people that they don't make sense is redundant. Does it affect you if they think it's "Been so long"? Hell no. [BOLD]IMO[/BOLD], you should follow your own advice and think your interpretation through before claiming it's better than others.
...and you for some reason think I haven't thought about mine? It makes perfect sense, and I can't imagine a single argument against it. Also...if we all decided not to debate it, what the hell would be the point of this topic?

This isn't the first time I've seen this, and it shows a substantial lack of rational thought at the time of posting - I mean, this entire subforum is DEDICATED to discussion about WHAT HE'S SAYING. That means people are going to do exactly that. And yet we have people coming in here saying "it doesn't matter, stop arguing". Of course it doesn't matter! That's not why we're here, and if you're here to tell us to stop doing what this section exists for, well...you're an idiot. It's separated and if you don't want to read our arguing over what he's saying in the "What's He Saying" forum there are plenty of others with more meaningful discussions - perhaps you'd like to pay the douchebags over in the Reviews section a visit?
Old 09-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #942
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
It makes sense to them
Assumption. Just because they said it, doesn't mean they've thought about it and decided it makes any sort of sense rather than just being a jumble of words that sounds similar to what they hear.

Quote:
I'll go back to my basic argument of - this is an opinion forum, so you telling people that they don't make sense is redundant. Does it affect you if they think it's "Been so long"? Hell no. [BOLD]IMO[/BOLD], you should follow your own advice and think your interpretation through before claiming it's better than others.
...and you for some reason think I haven't thought about mine? It makes perfect sense, and I can't imagine a single argument against it. Also...if we all decided not to debate it, what the hell would be the point of this topic?

This isn't the first time I've seen this, and it shows a substantial lack of rational thought at the time of posting - I mean, this entire subforum is DEDICATED to discussion about WHAT HE'S SAYING. That means people are going to do exactly that. And yet we have people coming in here saying "it doesn't matter, stop arguing". Of course it doesn't matter! That's not why we're here, and if you're here to tell us to stop doing what this section exists for, well...you're an idiot. It's separated and if you don't want to read our arguing over what he's saying in the "What's He Saying" forum there are plenty of others with more meaningful discussions - perhaps you'd like to pay the douchebags over in the Reviews section a visit?
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
09-05-2007, 01:21 PM

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. If you think calling me a douchebag is a good way to argue, it's not even worth trying to debate in a civilized manner. There's a difference between debating and arguing.

Your opinion is not truth. No one's is. Apparently you can't see that.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM   #943
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm not even going to argue with you anymore. If you think calling me a douchebag is a good way to argue, it's not even worth trying to debate in a civilized manner. There's a difference between debating and arguing.

09-05-2007, 02:02 PM

i'd laugh if he actually said all of what we thought of during the chorus....

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #944
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 14

i'd laugh if he actually said all of what we thought of during the chorus....

Not believing in things won't make it happen because you don't believe it will.

Peace is a physical and spiritual balance.
miketh74's Avatar miketh74
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Wow...I can't believe this is still progressing. If we all saw the 10,000 Days tour, there would be no arguing in here. I heard the song perfectly live. I'm not even jumping in this debate or whatever it is.

Wherever you go........there you are.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #945
caveman

Bincount™: 193

Wow...I can't believe this is still progressing. If we all saw the 10,000 Days tour, there would be no arguing in here. I heard the song perfectly live. I'm not even jumping in this debate or whatever it is.

PShepherd11's Avatar PShepherd11
09-06-2007, 06:00 AM

I did go to the show during the 10,000 Days tour, but they didn't play this song.

Why don't you tell us what you heard? Or are you that guy that said he knew what was being said and refused to tell us some time ago?
Old 09-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #946

I did go to the show during the 10,000 Days tour, but they didn't play this song.

Why don't you tell us what you heard? Or are you that guy that said he knew what was being said and refused to tell us some time ago?
dirkz's Avatar dirkz
09-06-2007, 01:00 PM

I went to a show, but was on the floor and the vocals were non-existent down there. I was really listening, but couldn't tell because the instruments just drowned everything out.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #947
Level 7 - Loquacious

I went to a show, but was on the floor and the vocals were non-existent down there. I was really listening, but couldn't tell because the instruments just drowned everything out.
09-06-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:

No, I'm not that guy. Sorry, should have posted what I heard.

Over the whole "benched" theory, I have to say that I DID NOT hear that. I concluded it's just "been so long with patience and reason".

But don't take my word for it. People hear different things and I find it rather interesting what they are. After all, "benched" certainly fits in, but Maynard left it out on the night I saw them.

By the way, the sound at the concert wasn't the best, but I could hear them fine out in the halls. Was waiting for my gal to piss while they played Right in Two, so I heard it perfectly. That was probably more info than you needed though....my apologies.

Last edited by miketh74; 09-06-2007 at 07:20 PM..
Old 09-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #948
caveman

Quote:

Over the whole "benched" theory, I have to say that I DID NOT hear that. I concluded it's just "been so long with patience and reason".

But don't take my word for it. People hear different things and I find it rather interesting what they are. After all, "benched" certainly fits in, but Maynard left it out on the night I saw them.

By the way, the sound at the concert wasn't the best, but I could hear them fine out in the halls. Was waiting for my gal to piss while they played Right in Two, so I heard it perfectly. That was probably more info than you needed though....my apologies.

Last edited by miketh74; 09-06-2007 at 07:20 PM..
orcaloverbri9
09-07-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
If you think calling me a douchebag is a good way to argue
I never called you a douchebag. I quite clearly said "some of the people in the Reviews forum."

Quote:
There's a difference between debating and arguing.
That line is razor thin; it's easy to step on the wrong side without intending it.

Quote:
Frankly, this is offensive. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the individual's right to have their own opinion, provided it is, in fact, a matter of opinion. Hell, the people I referred to as douchebags were so described for this very reason. Anyway, this isn't a matter of opinion. He's saying something, so some people are wrong, and some people (depending on what he says) may be right. There's no in-between in a case like this.

Look. I just think that people should think more about their interpretations. The other theories thus far sound like a jumble of words, and while some make more sense than others (making sense as in being actual English), few of them would fit in the song at all. I can't think of a single one that, lyrically (even if phonetically), fits in the song, other than the benched one.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:42 AM   #949
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
If you think calling me a douchebag is a good way to argue
I never called you a douchebag. I quite clearly said "some of the people in the Reviews forum."

Quote:
There's a difference between debating and arguing.
That line is razor thin; it's easy to step on the wrong side without intending it.

Quote:
Frankly, this is offensive. I have nothing but the utmost respect for the individual's right to have their own opinion, provided it is, in fact, a matter of opinion. Hell, the people I referred to as douchebags were so described for this very reason. Anyway, this isn't a matter of opinion. He's saying something, so some people are wrong, and some people (depending on what he says) may be right. There's no in-between in a case like this.

Look. I just think that people should think more about their interpretations. The other theories thus far sound like a jumble of words, and while some make more sense than others (making sense as in being actual English), few of them would fit in the song at all. I can't think of a single one that, lyrically (even if phonetically), fits in the song, other than the benched one.
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM

picture love, with patience and reason
Old 09-07-2007, 07:50 PM   #950
Level 7 - Loquacious

09-08-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
I can't think of a single one that, lyrically (even if phonetically), fits in the song, other than the benched one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolrox19 View Post
lawl
Old 09-08-2007, 03:46 AM   #951
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I can't think of a single one that, lyrically (even if phonetically), fits in the song, other than the benched one.
Quote:
lawl
09-08-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketh74 View Post
No problem. :)

I really wish I were able to have heard this song live. Maybe they'll come back around and play it this time. I know that's really wishful thinking. :(
Old 09-08-2007, 06:44 AM   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketh74 View Post

I really wish I were able to have heard this song live. Maybe they'll come back around and play it this time. I know that's really wishful thinking. :(
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
lawl
lawl... meaning???
Old 09-08-2007, 10:41 AM   #953
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
lawl
lawl... meaning???
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Keep the faith alive.....

I don't think Tool will wait as long to put out another album, so.........I'm there with ya. <fingers crossed>

:)

Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #954
caveman

Quote:

Keep the faith alive.....

I don't think Tool will wait as long to put out another album, so.........I'm there with ya. <fingers crossed>

nocatharsis's Avatar nocatharsis
09-08-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic View Post
Here's what I hear... I'll also upload a clip of that hard part edited so you can hear the vocals more easily (it's actually surprisingly better when you listen to it through speakers than headphones)

Fighting til they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light
Over love, over sin, over blood
They fight, til they die, over ones, who are rising.

http://www.omgosh.com/fighting.mp3
your links dead. but THANK YOU! your interpretation fills in a lot of my blanks. Heres what I hear now:

funny, how they die
over herd
over sky they fight
and they'll lie over brother(?)
over air and light
over love over sun over blood
they fight til they die
over WANT for their rising

...what do you think?
Old 09-08-2007, 05:17 PM   #955
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Re: Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseLogic View Post
Here's what I hear... I'll also upload a clip of that hard part edited so you can hear the vocals more easily (it's actually surprisingly better when you listen to it through speakers than headphones)

Fighting til they die, over earth, over sky
They fight and they'll lie over pride, over air and light
Over love, over sin, over blood
They fight, til they die, over ones, who are rising.

http://www.omgosh.com/fighting.mp3
your links dead. but THANK YOU! your interpretation fills in a lot of my blanks. Heres what I hear now:

funny, how they die
over herd
over sky they fight
and they'll lie over brother(?)
over air and light
over love over sun over blood
they fight til they die
over WANT for their rising

...what do you think?
Cheesegreater
09-09-2007, 09:10 AM

I heard this song live in Southaven, and I have to say I clearly heard "Picture love with patience and reason."

In sentence form, it makes a great sentence: Angels on the sideline again, picture love with patience and reason.

I also tend to agree with one of the above posters. We are entitled to our own opinions, however in the case of deciphering lyrics, there is a right and wrong. That's why we feel so adamant about our interpretations, some of us are indeed wrong.

The only line I've really been trying to drive home is "Angels on the sideline again, picture love with patience and reason." I just remember one day really trying to figure out that part out. It came in pieces. I was like "Okay, I hear the word picture. How does that make sense in the context of this sentence?" Once I pieced the whole line together, it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. So, there you have the story behind why this line has been driving me mad.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 AM   #956
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

I heard this song live in Southaven, and I have to say I clearly heard "Picture love with patience and reason."

In sentence form, it makes a great sentence: Angels on the sideline again, picture love with patience and reason.

I also tend to agree with one of the above posters. We are entitled to our own opinions, however in the case of deciphering lyrics, there is a right and wrong. That's why we feel so adamant about our interpretations, some of us are indeed wrong.

The only line I've really been trying to drive home is "Angels on the sideline again, picture love with patience and reason." I just remember one day really trying to figure out that part out. It came in pieces. I was like "Okay, I hear the word picture. How does that make sense in the context of this sentence?" Once I pieced the whole line together, it hit me like a ton of fucking bricks. So, there you have the story behind why this line has been driving me mad.

09-10-2007, 06:20 PM

cheeseyman i am right behind you its like only a few ppl hear the right one 'picture love w/patience and reason'
Old 09-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #957
Level 7 - Loquacious

cheeseyman i am right behind you its like only a few ppl hear the right one 'picture love w/patience and reason'
09-10-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
It's funny, I can hear it both ways......I'm torn.

>O

Old 09-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #958
caveman

Quote:
It's funny, I can hear it both ways......I'm torn.

>O

Tool_Is_Sick
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM

I definately hear "Picture love with patience and reason."
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #959
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 10

I definately hear "Picture love with patience and reason."
09-12-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. You speaka' english?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #960
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
That doesn't even make sense. You speaka' english?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply