Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus (Extended with Kinski Guitarist/Drummer)
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-26-2007 at 11:43 AM..
Old 04-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/05/25 - Pensacola, FL - Pensacola Civic Center

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, post it. Back and forth bitching at each other will be deleted along with everything else that is not a show review.

Any other questions? Look here.

Last edited by paraflux; 05-26-2007 at 11:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
The Joekenorer
05-26-2007, 02:02 AM

This was my first TOOL show, and I really never listened to them very much besides what the radio played. Although I was quite entertained, this n00b cannot give you a set list. I can tell you Aenema was not on it. Maynard said little and did little. He entered in a hunter orange jacket and a cowboy hat (A joke aimed at rednecks maybe?). Visuals were pretty good, the white stage floor being a genius idea. I was Sec.230 row N, seat 3. A perfect view of all the well orchestrated lighting at their feet and elsewhere. (Particularly awesome effect of flames at the guitarists feet during a solo) Event staff and police were very lax and stayed in their place. The weed began burning throughout the crowd once Kinski finally got off stage (Their last show on the tour). I was already high before I got there, fearing a strict southern search. But there wasn't. I could've gotten anything in I wanted. I'll remember that next time. I have a few gripes.

Maynard has an awesome stage presence, but stayed on the lifter next to the drummer for the entire show, except to playfully toss a bag of pop-corn to the floor crowd and engage in the band hug. I would really love to see him act out in full energy up front. Perhaps he prefers to play down the "lead singer is the band" aura that many leads often fall into quickly. A humbling theory, but I don't like it. Get up front and do that matrixesque balancing shit in the light, I like that.

Blah blah, people standing in front of me suck blah blah.

Living in the southeast makes rock concerts few and far between. Theres a market down here, guys, Closet freaks stuck in southern baptist/methodist homes galore. The kids down here need an outlet, and they're being denied. MORE KICK-ASS BANDS IN THE SOUTH...please. Mobile Civic center just had God-Smack recently and people were overflowing in that place. So many minds left to open, so little time left on earth.

Don't be afraid to pass that joint to the big hairy guy relaxed recliner style on 6 seats. (Cuts my single ticket price 6 ways, $10 a ticket. And comfortable. Until some old, bald guy claims the seat you're supposed to be resting your feet in.)

The show was much better than the "cleaned-up" sound of the albums. There should be a live album. All the little flaws are what make the music real.

As I looked down to the floor, I saw nothing but kids. I was looking forward to an aenema mosh, if it played, but I couldn't picture my 6'4", 320lb body battering and leaving the poor things broken on the floor. They'd make me leave after that for sure. I made due watching the kids mosh instead. There were two pits, not very big, and they pretty much stayed in the same spot for the entire show, with another small one developing for Vicarious. (I saw some chick with big boobs get pissed and start punching a guy in the face. He dissappeared.)

I read in a previous review about people wearing the bands shirt to their concert. Is this just in case somebody mistakes them for someone who doesn't like TOOL? Oh well, who am I to judge, I can't even afford one.

The show was unbelievably great. I wish I knew more of their lyrics so I could tell what Maynard was saying. I understand his voice comes through clearly if you already know them.

I normally like music more than song, but Kinski seems to need lyrics.

If anything I've written here makes you all emotional and angry at me, keep it to yourself. This is my experience and my opinion. I'm sure someone out there KNOWS I'm completely wrong about everything.

Just as we were getting on the interstate on-ramp after the show, I saw someones dark, stretch SUV on a different street being severely herassed by protesters and picketers. I assume this was the band, but am not sure.

Summary: Kinski sucks balls, TOOL kicks balls, the bathroom smelled like balls. Thank you. --Mike Simms--
Old 05-26-2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/25 - Pensacola, FL - Pensacola Civic Center

This was my first TOOL show, and I really never listened to them very much besides what the radio played. Although I was quite entertained, this n00b cannot give you a set list. I can tell you Aenema was not on it. Maynard said little and did little. He entered in a hunter orange jacket and a cowboy hat (A joke aimed at rednecks maybe?). Visuals were pretty good, the white stage floor being a genius idea. I was Sec.230 row N, seat 3. A perfect view of all the well orchestrated lighting at their feet and elsewhere. (Particularly awesome effect of flames at the guitarists feet during a solo) Event staff and police were very lax and stayed in their place. The weed began burning throughout the crowd once Kinski finally got off stage (Their last show on the tour). I was already high before I got there, fearing a strict southern search. But there wasn't. I could've gotten anything in I wanted. I'll remember that next time. I have a few gripes.

Maynard has an awesome stage presence, but stayed on the lifter next to the drummer for the entire show, except to playfully toss a bag of pop-corn to the floor crowd and engage in the band hug. I would really love to see him act out in full energy up front. Perhaps he prefers to play down the "lead singer is the band" aura that many leads often fall into quickly. A humbling theory, but I don't like it. Get up front and do that matrixesque balancing shit in the light, I like that.

Blah blah, people standing in front of me suck blah blah.

Living in the southeast makes rock concerts few and far between. Theres a market down here, guys, Closet freaks stuck in southern baptist/methodist homes galore. The kids down here need an outlet, and they're being denied. MORE KICK-ASS BANDS IN THE SOUTH...please. Mobile Civic center just had God-Smack recently and people were overflowing in that place. So many minds left to open, so little time left on earth.

Don't be afraid to pass that joint to the big hairy guy relaxed recliner style on 6 seats. (Cuts my single ticket price 6 ways, $10 a ticket. And comfortable. Until some old, bald guy claims the seat you're supposed to be resting your feet in.)

The show was much better than the "cleaned-up" sound of the albums. There should be a live album. All the little flaws are what make the music real.

As I looked down to the floor, I saw nothing but kids. I was looking forward to an aenema mosh, if it played, but I couldn't picture my 6'4", 320lb body battering and leaving the poor things broken on the floor. They'd make me leave after that for sure. I made due watching the kids mosh instead. There were two pits, not very big, and they pretty much stayed in the same spot for the entire show, with another small one developing for Vicarious. (I saw some chick with big boobs get pissed and start punching a guy in the face. He dissappeared.)

I read in a previous review about people wearing the bands shirt to their concert. Is this just in case somebody mistakes them for someone who doesn't like TOOL? Oh well, who am I to judge, I can't even afford one.

The show was unbelievably great. I wish I knew more of their lyrics so I could tell what Maynard was saying. I understand his voice comes through clearly if you already know them.

I normally like music more than song, but Kinski seems to need lyrics.

If anything I've written here makes you all emotional and angry at me, keep it to yourself. This is my experience and my opinion. I'm sure someone out there KNOWS I'm completely wrong about everything.

Just as we were getting on the interstate on-ramp after the show, I saw someones dark, stretch SUV on a different street being severely herassed by protesters and picketers. I assume this was the band, but am not sure.

Summary: Kinski sucks balls, TOOL kicks balls, the bathroom smelled like balls. Thank you. --Mike Simms--
OFFLINE |  
Crying Carrots
05-26-2007, 02:13 AM

Once again. The most incredible thing. I have ever witnessed. Ever.
I think the setlist went like this, correct me if I'm wrong:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Can't remember what they said, whoops, I mean I can't remember if that's the correct order.

Overall excellent show, even though we didn't get a treasure such as Pushit which was played the night before, nor did we get Ænema at the end of the show.

Still, Tool never ceases to amaze me with their indescribable shows. The visual performance was even better than the last time I saw them. Lasers were rigged up all over the venue, not just on the stage and it was incredible combined with the artwork and visuals on the seven different screens.

Maynard seemed to be having fun, but Adam didn't seem very into it, although he performed perfectly.

Also, the drummer and the guitarist for the opening band (Kinski) came out and assisted Danny during his extended drum portion of Lateralus. The guitarist was creating insane effects on his guitar during this part with his E-Bow and Adam was watching really closely as if he were trying to learn something from this young kid. Not that he would ever (or would ever need to) use an E-bow, but he was watching this kid's technique very closely during this segment.

As always, Tool was amazing and I hope they make it back to this area before the tour is over.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Once again. The most incredible thing. I have ever witnessed. Ever.
I think the setlist went like this, correct me if I'm wrong:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right In Two
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus

Can't remember what they said, whoops, I mean I can't remember if that's the correct order.

Overall excellent show, even though we didn't get a treasure such as Pushit which was played the night before, nor did we get Ænema at the end of the show.

Still, Tool never ceases to amaze me with their indescribable shows. The visual performance was even better than the last time I saw them. Lasers were rigged up all over the venue, not just on the stage and it was incredible combined with the artwork and visuals on the seven different screens.

Maynard seemed to be having fun, but Adam didn't seem very into it, although he performed perfectly.

Also, the drummer and the guitarist for the opening band (Kinski) came out and assisted Danny during his extended drum portion of Lateralus. The guitarist was creating insane effects on his guitar during this part with his E-Bow and Adam was watching really closely as if he were trying to learn something from this young kid. Not that he would ever (or would ever need to) use an E-bow, but he was watching this kid's technique very closely during this segment.

As always, Tool was amazing and I hope they make it back to this area before the tour is over.
OFFLINE |  
RKill
05-26-2007, 04:37 AM

Set list:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Overall, good show. The sound quality at the civic center is not that good, but the band sounded pretty tight. Kinski needs a singer. I now it’s their thing to not have one, but they reminded me of every garage band I’ve been in over the past twenty years…power cords, feedback and playing without a singer. Maynard said at the end of the show that this is the last show for them on the tour. The guitarist and drummer did come out and play on the extended version of Lateralus. I didn’t see much moshing tonight and the crowd seemed pretty mellow. Maynard welcomed the crowd (“Good evening”, I think) after Jambi and then thanked Kinski for them coming on tour after the Lateralus jam. He then said something to the effect of “thanks for coming” at the end of the show. His vocals seemed on, but then again with poor sound quality in the civic center, it was tough to hear him all the time. Adam, Justin, and Danny were tight as always. I thought Stinkfist was the best song tonight. Although Jambi is a great jam, the crowd really didn’t get rocking until Stinkfist.

-RK
Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Set list:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Overall, good show. The sound quality at the civic center is not that good, but the band sounded pretty tight. Kinski needs a singer. I now it’s their thing to not have one, but they reminded me of every garage band I’ve been in over the past twenty years…power cords, feedback and playing without a singer. Maynard said at the end of the show that this is the last show for them on the tour. The guitarist and drummer did come out and play on the extended version of Lateralus. I didn’t see much moshing tonight and the crowd seemed pretty mellow. Maynard welcomed the crowd (“Good evening”, I think) after Jambi and then thanked Kinski for them coming on tour after the Lateralus jam. He then said something to the effect of “thanks for coming” at the end of the show. His vocals seemed on, but then again with poor sound quality in the civic center, it was tough to hear him all the time. Adam, Justin, and Danny were tight as always. I thought Stinkfist was the best song tonight. Although Jambi is a great jam, the crowd really didn’t get rocking until Stinkfist.

-RK
OFFLINE |  
Wattz
05-26-2007, 06:11 AM

I was REALLY disappointed. This is the second show I've been to at the Pensacola Civic Center. The first one was just last month, where Muse opened for My Chemical Romance. By far, the Muse show (as the opening act, without any visuals) was much better. I could actually hear Muse, where as being front row in front of Adam I could only hear Maynard during the quieter parts. Don't get me wrong, I loved what I was hearing, but it seems kind of dead when you can't hear ANY OF THE LYRICS!

Anyway, it also didn't help that some hill-billy covered in Tool tattoos (please!) got pissed off because he had been at the front gate since 8 am, and my girlfriend and I showed up 5 hours early and got our wristbands before him. Our fucking wristbands. As this happened, he said something along the lines of, "If they get in before us, I'll be pissed. They JUST GOT HERE." Yeah... well fuck you buddy. Next time read the signs that say that there are 4 lines to get in.

And also, to the drunk bitch who weaseled her way behind the front row and spilled her beer on like 5 of us right in front of her, fuck you.

That kind of set the mood for the whole show. There were only a few drunken assholes near the front row. And the kid who started the mosh pit on my side got pushed to the front and taken out to cheers from the crowd. He did this twice. You would think he would realize the first time that nobody was really into it?

Adam seemed really, REALLY bored during the first half of the show. Playing the classics (46 & 2) he looked like he zoned out and was just going through the movements. I don't blame him. If I had to play the same old songs a million times over, I'd be pretty pissed off, too. He kept his eye on Justin for the second half of the show, almost like they were all trying to keep in time. I think the song he liked playing the most was "Right In Two" I liked it a lot, too. During Lateralus when the Kinksi guys came out, Adam stood off to the side of the guitarist with a microphone that he must have been using for feedback. He held it right on his pickups and would move it ever so slightly as the kinksi guy played. I guess there was something else to the Kinksi guitarist's act that I couldn't hear. The only time I heard him play was when he would jump and go into convulsions with his guitar. Any strange noise he was making, I didn't hear at all.

Justin was REALLY into the show. He did a lot of gentle head banging (nothing crazy) and seemed to really be enjoying himself. At one point he sat down on a bench with the spotlights shining right onto his bass. During lateralus he was on his knees playing with his effects and keeping the "dun dun dun dun" thing going on his bass while Kinksi played. He picked up a piece of paper when the show was over, rolled it into a ball and tossed it into the crowd. I assume this was the setlist? And when the band took a break, he pulled out his lighter and held it up, and so did most everyone in the room. It lit the civic center completely. It was an amazing moment.

Danny did good, as usual. His golden drum set is fucking awesome. He threw his ice-pack that he had on his arm during the break, into the crowd.

Maynard did his thing in the back. I liked his dancing. It's like he's a composer, but he uses his whole body to direct the orchestra. I would call it Tai-Chi, if I had to call it anything. During one of the songs, right before "Right In Two" he brought out a giant bag of popcorn and slowly approached the front of the stage. He ripped a little hole in the top and sniffed at it. People went wild, for some reason. Then he tossed it into the crowd and went back to his spot in the back. He looked kinda disappointed that the bag was immediately ripped to shreds and wasted. I thought it was fitting that they played "Right In Two" immediately after. Silly monkeys...

I met some cool kids from Tallahassee. The people who stood right next to us for the whole show were really mellow and cool. I was glad we didn't have to deal with any more assholes. Wings for Marie was probably my favorite song of the night. I could hear Maynard much better during that song than any other.

I would say that I definitely like Tool better as a recording artist, and not as a live act. If they were to just make all of their supplemental artwork to their music and sell it as a DVD or something, I would readily buy that instead of going to the show. In fact, I think if I would have saved my $125 and spent it buying all of their albums over again, I would have been much happier. It could just be me, but Tool is not something I can really enjoy WITH people. Despite the awkward audio setup, I think the fans are what made the show less enjoyable.

Thanks for having me at your show, Tool. I hope you heard me when I yelled "Thank you!" right before Vicarious. I meant it!
Old 05-26-2007, 06:11 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

I was REALLY disappointed. This is the second show I've been to at the Pensacola Civic Center. The first one was just last month, where Muse opened for My Chemical Romance. By far, the Muse show (as the opening act, without any visuals) was much better. I could actually hear Muse, where as being front row in front of Adam I could only hear Maynard during the quieter parts. Don't get me wrong, I loved what I was hearing, but it seems kind of dead when you can't hear ANY OF THE LYRICS!

Anyway, it also didn't help that some hill-billy covered in Tool tattoos (please!) got pissed off because he had been at the front gate since 8 am, and my girlfriend and I showed up 5 hours early and got our wristbands before him. Our fucking wristbands. As this happened, he said something along the lines of, "If they get in before us, I'll be pissed. They JUST GOT HERE." Yeah... well fuck you buddy. Next time read the signs that say that there are 4 lines to get in.

And also, to the drunk bitch who weaseled her way behind the front row and spilled her beer on like 5 of us right in front of her, fuck you.

That kind of set the mood for the whole show. There were only a few drunken assholes near the front row. And the kid who started the mosh pit on my side got pushed to the front and taken out to cheers from the crowd. He did this twice. You would think he would realize the first time that nobody was really into it?

Adam seemed really, REALLY bored during the first half of the show. Playing the classics (46 & 2) he looked like he zoned out and was just going through the movements. I don't blame him. If I had to play the same old songs a million times over, I'd be pretty pissed off, too. He kept his eye on Justin for the second half of the show, almost like they were all trying to keep in time. I think the song he liked playing the most was "Right In Two" I liked it a lot, too. During Lateralus when the Kinksi guys came out, Adam stood off to the side of the guitarist with a microphone that he must have been using for feedback. He held it right on his pickups and would move it ever so slightly as the kinksi guy played. I guess there was something else to the Kinksi guitarist's act that I couldn't hear. The only time I heard him play was when he would jump and go into convulsions with his guitar. Any strange noise he was making, I didn't hear at all.

Justin was REALLY into the show. He did a lot of gentle head banging (nothing crazy) and seemed to really be enjoying himself. At one point he sat down on a bench with the spotlights shining right onto his bass. During lateralus he was on his knees playing with his effects and keeping the "dun dun dun dun" thing going on his bass while Kinksi played. He picked up a piece of paper when the show was over, rolled it into a ball and tossed it into the crowd. I assume this was the setlist? And when the band took a break, he pulled out his lighter and held it up, and so did most everyone in the room. It lit the civic center completely. It was an amazing moment.

Danny did good, as usual. His golden drum set is fucking awesome. He threw his ice-pack that he had on his arm during the break, into the crowd.

Maynard did his thing in the back. I liked his dancing. It's like he's a composer, but he uses his whole body to direct the orchestra. I would call it Tai-Chi, if I had to call it anything. During one of the songs, right before "Right In Two" he brought out a giant bag of popcorn and slowly approached the front of the stage. He ripped a little hole in the top and sniffed at it. People went wild, for some reason. Then he tossed it into the crowd and went back to his spot in the back. He looked kinda disappointed that the bag was immediately ripped to shreds and wasted. I thought it was fitting that they played "Right In Two" immediately after. Silly monkeys...

I met some cool kids from Tallahassee. The people who stood right next to us for the whole show were really mellow and cool. I was glad we didn't have to deal with any more assholes. Wings for Marie was probably my favorite song of the night. I could hear Maynard much better during that song than any other.

I would say that I definitely like Tool better as a recording artist, and not as a live act. If they were to just make all of their supplemental artwork to their music and sell it as a DVD or something, I would readily buy that instead of going to the show. In fact, I think if I would have saved my $125 and spent it buying all of their albums over again, I would have been much happier. It could just be me, but Tool is not something I can really enjoy WITH people. Despite the awkward audio setup, I think the fans are what made the show less enjoyable.

Thanks for having me at your show, Tool. I hope you heard me when I yelled "Thank you!" right before Vicarious. I meant it!
OFFLINE |  
smokahontas78
05-26-2007, 06:51 AM

Set list:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Ok I can die now. This was my first Tool show and I must say I was not disappointed. The band was amazing. I wish we could have heard Maynard a little better but I knew the words and was singing right along with him. 10000 days was the highlight of the night for me and seeing Maynard dancing the rain dance. I was praying for tidal waves. The lasers were very cool, I was on the floor so I didn't get to see the floor stage visuals but the bigscreen visuals were awesome. A little bummed by no pushit or aenema but who cares, im not complaining my any means. Thank you Danny for beating the hell out of those drums with an injury,..we couldn't tell. Thank you TOOL for the music, the art and the memories. We love you.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Set list:

Jambi
Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Right in Two
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days
Vicarious

Ok I can die now. This was my first Tool show and I must say I was not disappointed. The band was amazing. I wish we could have heard Maynard a little better but I knew the words and was singing right along with him. 10000 days was the highlight of the night for me and seeing Maynard dancing the rain dance. I was praying for tidal waves. The lasers were very cool, I was on the floor so I didn't get to see the floor stage visuals but the bigscreen visuals were awesome. A little bummed by no pushit or aenema but who cares, im not complaining my any means. Thank you Danny for beating the hell out of those drums with an injury,..we couldn't tell. Thank you TOOL for the music, the art and the memories. We love you.
OFFLINE |  
XXXXTOOLXXXX
05-26-2007, 07:03 AM

Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, Danny Carey never ceases to amaze me. I honestly think that during this show, Danny wanted to completely blow everyone's mind, and well...he did. Right in Two, Forty-six and Two, Lateralis(with a fucking awesome drum-off type thing going), and Vicarious...all songs with highlight drum sections, and he NAILED THEM ALL. I could not believe that they played "Right in Two" that is my favorite song by them and it was being rarely played, Danny once again blew minds with the temple block effect part in the middle of the song then went back and finished off with his amazing fills and what not. This was my first Tool show although they are my favorite band. I've never been happy for 2 hours straight...Incredible...Fantastic...Tool.

Alright i can die. Tool thank you so much for everything.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Amazing, amazing, amazing, amazing, Danny Carey never ceases to amaze me. I honestly think that during this show, Danny wanted to completely blow everyone's mind, and well...he did. Right in Two, Forty-six and Two, Lateralis(with a fucking awesome drum-off type thing going), and Vicarious...all songs with highlight drum sections, and he NAILED THEM ALL. I could not believe that they played "Right in Two" that is my favorite song by them and it was being rarely played, Danny once again blew minds with the temple block effect part in the middle of the song then went back and finished off with his amazing fills and what not. This was my first Tool show although they are my favorite band. I've never been happy for 2 hours straight...Incredible...Fantastic...Tool.

Alright i can die. Tool thank you so much for everything.
OFFLINE |  
WeeZie's Avatar WeeZie
05-26-2007, 11:22 AM

Fucking A? A reviewer was dissappointed??? The show was incredible! The playlist rocked... the light show was amazing. And, lets face it... they sounded great ! "Hope it works out for you"... Kick ass performance. All around. I'd drive to B'ham tonight to see them again if I could. :)
Old 05-26-2007, 11:22 AM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Fucking A? A reviewer was dissappointed??? The show was incredible! The playlist rocked... the light show was amazing. And, lets face it... they sounded great ! "Hope it works out for you"... Kick ass performance. All around. I'd drive to B'ham tonight to see them again if I could. :)
OFFLINE |  
frosty nugs
05-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Solid performance all the way through. All songs were spot on, lasers were sick (even better than pink floyd, and that says a hell of a lot), projections courtesy of legendary artists alex grey and chet zar were beautiful as always, the crowd was great and the band fed off of that energy. You could tell they had a great time up there and were really enjoying us. They brought Kinski on stage to play a bad ass extended version of Lateralus since it was their last show on the tour. They rocked that track for like 20 minutes, kicking ass the whole way through. We also got extended versions of schism (with a new super fast solo break right before the calm part in the middle of the song) and stinkfist (bad ass drum/guitar solo in there as well). Even lost keys/Rosetta Stoned was spot on, which surprised me since they normally struggle to pull that song off. Many complain about it not being able to sound as good as the CD live, but they actually nailed it tonight. Intension/Right in Two was amazing as well. The lights were beautiful during all of it. My mind was blown from the moment they took the stage. The crowd was so damn hyped that they were still screaming 30 minutes after the show in the parking lot, about 6000 of them. Wings for marie/10,000 days was beautiful, had lots of people in the crowd tearing up (as well as maynard obviously choking up a bit himself while singing). Best performance I have ever had the luck of attending, and I will be doing all I can to catch them at Bonaroo again in 3 weeks. If their show is coming anywhere near you, do not miss it. People I know that don't even like tool went just because there was nothing better to do and left there completely blown away. The sound did get a bit muted at parts, but I found it was very dependent on where you were in the auditorium. I started the show in the wrong seat and couldn't hear maynard that well, but when I moved to the back where I was supposed to be it was absolutely perfect. Maynard said "good evening" and "thanks for coming, hope it all works out for you". He got pretty talkative when they brought Kinski out as well.

Set List:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Intension/Right in Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Solid performance all the way through. All songs were spot on, lasers were sick (even better than pink floyd, and that says a hell of a lot), projections courtesy of legendary artists alex grey and chet zar were beautiful as always, the crowd was great and the band fed off of that energy. You could tell they had a great time up there and were really enjoying us. They brought Kinski on stage to play a bad ass extended version of Lateralus since it was their last show on the tour. They rocked that track for like 20 minutes, kicking ass the whole way through. We also got extended versions of schism (with a new super fast solo break right before the calm part in the middle of the song) and stinkfist (bad ass drum/guitar solo in there as well). Even lost keys/Rosetta Stoned was spot on, which surprised me since they normally struggle to pull that song off. Many complain about it not being able to sound as good as the CD live, but they actually nailed it tonight. Intension/Right in Two was amazing as well. The lights were beautiful during all of it. My mind was blown from the moment they took the stage. The crowd was so damn hyped that they were still screaming 30 minutes after the show in the parking lot, about 6000 of them. Wings for marie/10,000 days was beautiful, had lots of people in the crowd tearing up (as well as maynard obviously choking up a bit himself while singing). Best performance I have ever had the luck of attending, and I will be doing all I can to catch them at Bonaroo again in 3 weeks. If their show is coming anywhere near you, do not miss it. People I know that don't even like tool went just because there was nothing better to do and left there completely blown away. The sound did get a bit muted at parts, but I found it was very dependent on where you were in the auditorium. I started the show in the wrong seat and couldn't hear maynard that well, but when I moved to the back where I was supposed to be it was absolutely perfect. Maynard said "good evening" and "thanks for coming, hope it all works out for you". He got pretty talkative when they brought Kinski out as well.

Set List:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Intension/Right in Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
OFFLINE |  
PaistePlayer
05-26-2007, 01:34 PM

MY 5TH TOOL SHOW

Let me start by saying TOOL has been my favorite band for over 10 years. No matter what I say, remember that Id rather see TOOL on their worst day, than any other band having a perfect show.

As far as the sound went, it truly came down to section. I was in 101 and I LOVED the sound. I went to 118 where a friend was sitting - right next to the stage and that was a visual treat. I left within 10mins because the sound was horrible. It seems the closer you were to the stage the worse it was, same goes for the nose bleeds though because I had friends there to and they got echo/delay........... Low/middle of the venue balcony seating is where its at. I could actually talk to the person next to me while TOOL was going full tilt.

The performance was FUCKING SICK! Ive played the drums for 15 years, with Danny of course being my idol. I really didnt think he could get any better, but he found a way. He got waaaaay faster, while keeping his chops still clean. His arms turned into a blur all while doing the most inovative fills (and veering from the recording fills a little - I do it too, you cant always pull off the tripple lutz at will). If you havent seen him play you dont know how hard he hits. My buddy joking that the china cymbal above his floor toms should press charges against him for "assault and battery".

Maynard was great for the parts you could hear him on. We got the scream in the middle of stinkfist and that fired me up big time. We all know his story, he's not being as sociable as in the past (not that he ever said THAT much anyways) and not as many freaky dance moves either. I think its a combonation of things. His voice not letting him do what he WANTS to do in his mid 40's and the subject matter of this tour.

The crowd was WAY more respectful than I thought they would be. Actually chilling the fuck out during extended and soft/slow sections rather than being assholes becuase theres no monster truck style action to gawk at.

The extended schizm and lateralus with drum solo was the sickest shit Ive ever seen someone pull off live. Id heard other reviews on it, but didnt have a clue what anyone was trying to say, and now I know why because its just too much for words. So glad we got Right In Two, as Ive seen pushit at every single show Id been to so far.

Overall such an AMAZING show - and the playing itself may have been the tightest Ive ever seen them. But it fell a little short when you've seen them 5 times, compared to other shows. Heres my list.....

#1. Pensacola FL last time around on Lateralus (also the first time ever they played in P'Cola)
#2. Orlando FL 01, right after Lateralus came out.
#3. Pensacola FL - LAST NIGHT
#4. New Orleans LA (my first TOOL show ever)
#5. Biloxi MS - If I hadn't met Danny and Justin before the show, this one woulda pissed me off. You could tell Maynard hated being there with his back to us the whole time. Can't blame him with a Mississippi crowd.

Last edited by PaistePlayer; 05-26-2007 at 02:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

MY 5TH TOOL SHOW

Let me start by saying TOOL has been my favorite band for over 10 years. No matter what I say, remember that Id rather see TOOL on their worst day, than any other band having a perfect show.

As far as the sound went, it truly came down to section. I was in 101 and I LOVED the sound. I went to 118 where a friend was sitting - right next to the stage and that was a visual treat. I left within 10mins because the sound was horrible. It seems the closer you were to the stage the worse it was, same goes for the nose bleeds though because I had friends there to and they got echo/delay........... Low/middle of the venue balcony seating is where its at. I could actually talk to the person next to me while TOOL was going full tilt.

The performance was FUCKING SICK! Ive played the drums for 15 years, with Danny of course being my idol. I really didnt think he could get any better, but he found a way. He got waaaaay faster, while keeping his chops still clean. His arms turned into a blur all while doing the most inovative fills (and veering from the recording fills a little - I do it too, you cant always pull off the tripple lutz at will). If you havent seen him play you dont know how hard he hits. My buddy joking that the china cymbal above his floor toms should press charges against him for "assault and battery".

Maynard was great for the parts you could hear him on. We got the scream in the middle of stinkfist and that fired me up big time. We all know his story, he's not being as sociable as in the past (not that he ever said THAT much anyways) and not as many freaky dance moves either. I think its a combonation of things. His voice not letting him do what he WANTS to do in his mid 40's and the subject matter of this tour.

The crowd was WAY more respectful than I thought they would be. Actually chilling the fuck out during extended and soft/slow sections rather than being assholes becuase theres no monster truck style action to gawk at.

The extended schizm and lateralus with drum solo was the sickest shit Ive ever seen someone pull off live. Id heard other reviews on it, but didnt have a clue what anyone was trying to say, and now I know why because its just too much for words. So glad we got Right In Two, as Ive seen pushit at every single show Id been to so far.

Overall such an AMAZING show - and the playing itself may have been the tightest Ive ever seen them. But it fell a little short when you've seen them 5 times, compared to other shows. Heres my list.....

#1. Pensacola FL last time around on Lateralus (also the first time ever they played in P'Cola)
#2. Orlando FL 01, right after Lateralus came out.
#3. Pensacola FL - LAST NIGHT
#4. New Orleans LA (my first TOOL show ever)
#5. Biloxi MS - If I hadn't met Danny and Justin before the show, this one woulda pissed me off. You could tell Maynard hated being there with his back to us the whole time. Can't blame him with a Mississippi crowd.

Last edited by PaistePlayer; 05-26-2007 at 02:33 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Unvalidation
05-26-2007, 06:30 PM

Kinski was pretty cool. The bassist was very erotic with her bass and bow. Good opening band for Tool.

The show was amazing, first time seeing them in concert. Maynard was Maynard, feed the "sheep" some popcorn at one point.

To all that felt they "had" to get high on pot, E or acid or any drug for that matter, missed out on a very intoxicating energy from the music and band. I was more intoxicated being sober than had I taken two rolls. Was an amazing high.

Danny is a machine, watching him play is amazing.

Justin was into it, very cool. Loved the lighter deal, was a cool sight to see.

Adam seemed a little bored I guess, but after playing the same songs every night, I would get bored as well.

MJK, what can you say, one of the best song writer, singers around and stage preformers around. Loved when he kicked the cymbol. He seemed to enjoy himself with the crowds response. For a small civic center, the crowd was loud and very respectful. Even the security was cool for a change.

The drum off during Lateralus with the Kinski drummer was awsome, one of the coolest things I've seen at a concert in years. Looked like Adam was watching the Kinski guitarist to pick up some things; Kinski guitarist was very good himself, very energetic.

My Brother went against his Doctors wishes and went to the show. He has surgery to repair a dissected aorta on Monday, and was so affected by Tool I think he cried the first 3 songs out of shear happines and energy. Sayed he was finally happy with the heart issue and if he died Monday, he was complete. Thank you Danny, Adam, Justin and Maynard. Changed many lives you guys have. You helped turn negative into positive and have opened up many "third eyes," mine included.

To the idiot next to me that keep sitting down and geeking out on cocaine in 117 row j: Get a grip man, you missed a Hell of a show due to your marriage to that shit. If you need that shit at a Tool concert, you shouldn't be there.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:30 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Kinski was pretty cool. The bassist was very erotic with her bass and bow. Good opening band for Tool.

The show was amazing, first time seeing them in concert. Maynard was Maynard, feed the "sheep" some popcorn at one point.

To all that felt they "had" to get high on pot, E or acid or any drug for that matter, missed out on a very intoxicating energy from the music and band. I was more intoxicated being sober than had I taken two rolls. Was an amazing high.

Danny is a machine, watching him play is amazing.

Justin was into it, very cool. Loved the lighter deal, was a cool sight to see.

Adam seemed a little bored I guess, but after playing the same songs every night, I would get bored as well.

MJK, what can you say, one of the best song writer, singers around and stage preformers around. Loved when he kicked the cymbol. He seemed to enjoy himself with the crowds response. For a small civic center, the crowd was loud and very respectful. Even the security was cool for a change.

The drum off during Lateralus with the Kinski drummer was awsome, one of the coolest things I've seen at a concert in years. Looked like Adam was watching the Kinski guitarist to pick up some things; Kinski guitarist was very good himself, very energetic.

My Brother went against his Doctors wishes and went to the show. He has surgery to repair a dissected aorta on Monday, and was so affected by Tool I think he cried the first 3 songs out of shear happines and energy. Sayed he was finally happy with the heart issue and if he died Monday, he was complete. Thank you Danny, Adam, Justin and Maynard. Changed many lives you guys have. You helped turn negative into positive and have opened up many "third eyes," mine included.

To the idiot next to me that keep sitting down and geeking out on cocaine in 117 row j: Get a grip man, you missed a Hell of a show due to your marriage to that shit. If you need that shit at a Tool concert, you shouldn't be there.
OFFLINE |  
psychedeliczombie
05-26-2007, 07:59 PM

i'm not really going to say much but to the guy who was in section 117 T seat 11 and 12 which my friend more then likely sold to you, i really appreciate you constantly screaming maynard come to the front of the stage because 1. he hears you and 2. he's does that shit loads of time. also thank you for informing me it was your 15th tool show because watching you act stupid and loosing your seat and not to mention you falling over me shitloads of time thank you, you ruined it for my girlfriend luckily i have more patience. Aside from that i went to san antonio, corpus, baton rouge, and pensacola and have to say Pensacola was the best aside from pushit in baton rouge can't beat that. Also i want to move to florida, louisiana radio stations only play sober, first tool song i heard in florida was Eulogy fucking eulogy can't get that shit in louisiana.

As for as the show Amazing Fucking Amazing can't wait for them to come back from europe when they go, pretty sure the setlist will be slightly changed..atleast i meditate on that... Thank you for the inspiration and the guidance and of course the experience. and thanks for putting your heart and soul into every performance even if you may get bored with playing songs over and over again, lift your eye to heaven and spiral out
Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

i'm not really going to say much but to the guy who was in section 117 T seat 11 and 12 which my friend more then likely sold to you, i really appreciate you constantly screaming maynard come to the front of the stage because 1. he hears you and 2. he's does that shit loads of time. also thank you for informing me it was your 15th tool show because watching you act stupid and loosing your seat and not to mention you falling over me shitloads of time thank you, you ruined it for my girlfriend luckily i have more patience. Aside from that i went to san antonio, corpus, baton rouge, and pensacola and have to say Pensacola was the best aside from pushit in baton rouge can't beat that. Also i want to move to florida, louisiana radio stations only play sober, first tool song i heard in florida was Eulogy fucking eulogy can't get that shit in louisiana.

As for as the show Amazing Fucking Amazing can't wait for them to come back from europe when they go, pretty sure the setlist will be slightly changed..atleast i meditate on that... Thank you for the inspiration and the guidance and of course the experience. and thanks for putting your heart and soul into every performance even if you may get bored with playing songs over and over again, lift your eye to heaven and spiral out
OFFLINE |  
brandon13830
05-26-2007, 09:04 PM

Great, great show. It was the first concert I've been to and it did not disappoint. I thought Rosetta Stoned was the best performance of the night, but every song was great. I was hoping they'd play Pushit or Aenema, but I can't really complain. The drum off was really great and I was really surprised by how good the crowd was.

Overall it was a really great show.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Great, great show. It was the first concert I've been to and it did not disappoint. I thought Rosetta Stoned was the best performance of the night, but every song was great. I was hoping they'd play Pushit or Aenema, but I can't really complain. The drum off was really great and I was really surprised by how good the crowd was.

Overall it was a really great show.
OFFLINE |  
Snowman's Avatar Snowman
05-27-2007, 06:52 AM

I saw them for the first and last time tonight, I can't believe this is their last tour still.

It was an amazing experience though.

Top notch sound and visuals.

I nearly cried during Wings For Marie 1 and 2.

Setlist in somewhat order.

I know that's the definite opener and closer.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Right in Two
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Roseta Stoned
Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious

I had seats up in 218 in the upper level on the left side of the stage, but I'm so glad I did rather than floor tickets.

The images were all clear, you could see the whole band, and the stage floor was the trippiest thing ever.

Seeing Maynard wear girl jeans and a hoodie was awesome, as well as Adam wearing his hair in what seemed to be pigtails haha.

Simply amazing.

Maynard walking out to the front eating popcorn and throwing it on the crowd was creepy and hilarious.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #14
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 2

I saw them for the first and last time tonight, I can't believe this is their last tour still.

It was an amazing experience though.

Top notch sound and visuals.

I nearly cried during Wings For Marie 1 and 2.

Setlist in somewhat order.

I know that's the definite opener and closer.

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Right in Two
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Roseta Stoned
Wings for Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious

I had seats up in 218 in the upper level on the left side of the stage, but I'm so glad I did rather than floor tickets.

The images were all clear, you could see the whole band, and the stage floor was the trippiest thing ever.

Seeing Maynard wear girl jeans and a hoodie was awesome, as well as Adam wearing his hair in what seemed to be pigtails haha.

Simply amazing.

Maynard walking out to the front eating popcorn and throwing it on the crowd was creepy and hilarious.
afsocwes
05-27-2007, 12:15 PM

Great show as always. This was my 5th Tool concert. My last being in San Diego a few weeks ago. Couple of differences. No Push It or Anema. The band also took about a 10 minute intermission break before Right in Two. It was like the normal encore break. But they had music playing and a small laser show going on behind the stage. A couple of songs later they took the normal encore break.

The laser show for the entire show was different from San Diego. This show had lasers and spotlight coming from the soundboard area. Also the lasers were used more during this show. They were on and turned off in sync with the music.

Overall a good show. One more to go in Jacksonville.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Great show as always. This was my 5th Tool concert. My last being in San Diego a few weeks ago. Couple of differences. No Push It or Anema. The band also took about a 10 minute intermission break before Right in Two. It was like the normal encore break. But they had music playing and a small laser show going on behind the stage. A couple of songs later they took the normal encore break.

The laser show for the entire show was different from San Diego. This show had lasers and spotlight coming from the soundboard area. Also the lasers were used more during this show. They were on and turned off in sync with the music.

Overall a good show. One more to go in Jacksonville.
OFFLINE |  
GirlfriendInAComa's Avatar GirlfriendInAComa
05-27-2007, 05:37 PM

This show was fantastic and of course, I would expect nothing less from Tool. This was my 3rd time seeing them and I can't wait to do it again. I don't see how this could be called a disappointing show- I have to wonder just what was expected by the person who described it as such. The visuals were awesome. I was in section 130 row K and couldn't have had a better view of the stage floor. Maynard faced in that direction for most of the set so that made it all the better.

46 & 2 was the highlight of the night for me. I thought the sound quality throughout the show was great and the band sounded tight. I hoped that they would play Lateralus and I got my wish but I was totally unimpressed by the guys from Kinski...just what was the guitarist doing? Either there was an issue with the sound or I just completely missed something there...In any case, it still kicked ass.

Tool consistantly puts on a helluva show. Name a band that does it better right now and I'll tell you yer full of it. ;)
Old 05-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

This show was fantastic and of course, I would expect nothing less from Tool. This was my 3rd time seeing them and I can't wait to do it again. I don't see how this could be called a disappointing show- I have to wonder just what was expected by the person who described it as such. The visuals were awesome. I was in section 130 row K and couldn't have had a better view of the stage floor. Maynard faced in that direction for most of the set so that made it all the better.

46 & 2 was the highlight of the night for me. I thought the sound quality throughout the show was great and the band sounded tight. I hoped that they would play Lateralus and I got my wish but I was totally unimpressed by the guys from Kinski...just what was the guitarist doing? Either there was an issue with the sound or I just completely missed something there...In any case, it still kicked ass.

Tool consistantly puts on a helluva show. Name a band that does it better right now and I'll tell you yer full of it. ;)
OFFLINE |  
nusense
05-28-2007, 08:27 AM

it was amazing! setlist listed is correct.

that said, i'd like to point out: to those who (like me) saw them on the last 2006 go around and are thinking the "same old setlist" looks boring. well, i didn't think it sounded bad, it was fucking AMAZING last time. anyway, this whole thing has been MAJORLY revamped. here's what i considered the high points/noticeable differences from last time:

- VISUALS!!!! there are TONS of new visuals. and i mean on all fronts too. new content. new ways of integrating all the screens (they're not all always showing the same thing.) also, just the whole timing and everything seems to be getting WAAAAAAAAY more improved. i noticed TONS of new animated alex grey work (collective vision, dying, etc. etc.) and during right in two seemed there was a good bit of new live action footage too. or maybe it was just being altered differently than i've seen before. either way, very cool. that huge rotating "collective vision" visual during the lighter break was PHENOMENAL. and they were using animated pieces of alex greys "dying" during wings. nice.

- sound. the band is WAAAAAY tighter than they were on the last leg of the 10,000 days tour. lost keys in particular seemed to be infinitly cooler than last tour. rosetta stoned (which i believe to be one of the high points of this album/tour) has tightened up the most (and probably needed it the most). it was still one of the more enjoyable parts for me last time, and this time it REALLY blew me away. wings was also way way tighter.

- EXTENDED LATERALUS. yes, this deserves it's OWN mention. i'm kind of glad people had been downplaying the setlists/performances (or maybe they were really THAT on this night. doubt it though. probably has more to do with the ratio of whiners who use the internet). this is way more than just a mere drum solo extension. jesus fucking christ. when i saw them they had members of kinski come out during it. phenomenal. a fucking beautiful symphony of cosmic noise that rose to crescendo's and fell back and forth for.......well i lost count of how many minutes. actually, fuck that. i'm lying. i wasn't even counting. i was just in heaven for a few minutes. they could've played JUST this and i would've had a smile for weeks.

also, that and just the general bad ass jamming (which has gotten better also) they kept doing leads me to believe they are planning to do SOME kind of special (if only maybe an extra 30 min) at bonnaroo. i can't fucking wait for that. :)

overall, i'd have to say, of the three shows i've seen thus far, this was my top. easily actually. maynards EXCELLENT mood in pensacola really put this one over the top for me. bringing out the popcorn and all, and just generally seeming very enthused with every song. sang VERY well too. the others shows i saw, he was sick.

don't listen to the naysayers. or, if you are one, or you tend to agree with those who bitch about this band and their live shows: you are a whiner. plain and simple. i've been watching live bands for fucking YEARS and there's almost no one around who does it like this. (been a tool fan for many many years too, just had the misfortune of missing them live until last year. it happens)
Old 05-28-2007, 08:27 AM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

it was amazing! setlist listed is correct.

that said, i'd like to point out: to those who (like me) saw them on the last 2006 go around and are thinking the "same old setlist" looks boring. well, i didn't think it sounded bad, it was fucking AMAZING last time. anyway, this whole thing has been MAJORLY revamped. here's what i considered the high points/noticeable differences from last time:

- VISUALS!!!! there are TONS of new visuals. and i mean on all fronts too. new content. new ways of integrating all the screens (they're not all always showing the same thing.) also, just the whole timing and everything seems to be getting WAAAAAAAAY more improved. i noticed TONS of new animated alex grey work (collective vision, dying, etc. etc.) and during right in two seemed there was a good bit of new live action footage too. or maybe it was just being altered differently than i've seen before. either way, very cool. that huge rotating "collective vision" visual during the lighter break was PHENOMENAL. and they were using animated pieces of alex greys "dying" during wings. nice.

- sound. the band is WAAAAAY tighter than they were on the last leg of the 10,000 days tour. lost keys in particular seemed to be infinitly cooler than last tour. rosetta stoned (which i believe to be one of the high points of this album/tour) has tightened up the most (and probably needed it the most). it was still one of the more enjoyable parts for me last time, and this time it REALLY blew me away. wings was also way way tighter.

- EXTENDED LATERALUS. yes, this deserves it's OWN mention. i'm kind of glad people had been downplaying the setlists/performances (or maybe they were really THAT on this night. doubt it though. probably has more to do with the ratio of whiners who use the internet). this is way more than just a mere drum solo extension. jesus fucking christ. when i saw them they had members of kinski come out during it. phenomenal. a fucking beautiful symphony of cosmic noise that rose to crescendo's and fell back and forth for.......well i lost count of how many minutes. actually, fuck that. i'm lying. i wasn't even counting. i was just in heaven for a few minutes. they could've played JUST this and i would've had a smile for weeks.

also, that and just the general bad ass jamming (which has gotten better also) they kept doing leads me to believe they are planning to do SOME kind of special (if only maybe an extra 30 min) at bonnaroo. i can't fucking wait for that. :)

overall, i'd have to say, of the three shows i've seen thus far, this was my top. easily actually. maynards EXCELLENT mood in pensacola really put this one over the top for me. bringing out the popcorn and all, and just generally seeming very enthused with every song. sang VERY well too. the others shows i saw, he was sick.

don't listen to the naysayers. or, if you are one, or you tend to agree with those who bitch about this band and their live shows: you are a whiner. plain and simple. i've been watching live bands for fucking YEARS and there's almost no one around who does it like this. (been a tool fan for many many years too, just had the misfortune of missing them live until last year. it happens)
OFFLINE |  
TOOL_Rules
05-29-2007, 03:42 PM

Awesome show!!!! Very lucky #13 TOOL show for this long-time TOOL fan. The energy from this Pensacola crowd was excellent. The band may or may not have fed off of that, but it was evident nonetheless. Saw them in Memphis 10 days prior and that show was very good, but this was better; depsite the fact that it was the SAME EXACT SET LIST AND I COULDN'T CARE LESS!! IT WAS PERFECT (except that they didn't play Aenima and again I didn't care. Was glad to get Vicarious. Maynard was more animated than ever and folks, this guy is having a good time on stage. I'm not sure what some people are seeing, but I see a middle-aged rock god that fully appreciates where this band has risen to and no way will this all end before we see at least one more CD. Props to the Pensacola crowd. You guys were awesome w/o being obnoxious. Definitely a top 3-4 TOOL show for me. This is perhaps the best both studio and live band of all time and people need to start grasping that fact. Please quit harping about WHAT they play and just ENJOY. If you cannot enjoy that show, you either are not mature enough to appreciate pure art or you can't grasp the fact that a lot goes into these shows visually and it's pretty hard to swap out more than a song or two. I was hoping for Pushit (favorite tune from Aenima), but have two more chances in Cape and ST. Louis. Thanks for a very memorable show, TOOL. So glad you are still together making the best music for MY ears. See you again soon.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Awesome show!!!! Very lucky #13 TOOL show for this long-time TOOL fan. The energy from this Pensacola crowd was excellent. The band may or may not have fed off of that, but it was evident nonetheless. Saw them in Memphis 10 days prior and that show was very good, but this was better; depsite the fact that it was the SAME EXACT SET LIST AND I COULDN'T CARE LESS!! IT WAS PERFECT (except that they didn't play Aenima and again I didn't care. Was glad to get Vicarious. Maynard was more animated than ever and folks, this guy is having a good time on stage. I'm not sure what some people are seeing, but I see a middle-aged rock god that fully appreciates where this band has risen to and no way will this all end before we see at least one more CD. Props to the Pensacola crowd. You guys were awesome w/o being obnoxious. Definitely a top 3-4 TOOL show for me. This is perhaps the best both studio and live band of all time and people need to start grasping that fact. Please quit harping about WHAT they play and just ENJOY. If you cannot enjoy that show, you either are not mature enough to appreciate pure art or you can't grasp the fact that a lot goes into these shows visually and it's pretty hard to swap out more than a song or two. I was hoping for Pushit (favorite tune from Aenima), but have two more chances in Cape and ST. Louis. Thanks for a very memorable show, TOOL. So glad you are still together making the best music for MY ears. See you again soon.
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM

Best show I have seen them in since Oklahoma City 2002. Drove over 1000 miles to see it and it worth every mile.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
Old 06-23-2007, 05:22 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Best show I have seen them in since Oklahoma City 2002. Drove over 1000 miles to see it and it worth every mile.

O
|\ __O
_|_| \
OFFLINE |  
trickma's Avatar trickma
06-26-2007, 01:59 AM

I'm getting real sick of seeing that same setlist...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #20
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 3

I'm getting real sick of seeing that same setlist...
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply