opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Undertow » Artwork
User Name
Password
Old 11-23-2002, 07:15 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Perfect Selection

The cover of Undertow was perfect for the album. Not only does the rib cage display a sort of "revealing" effect, it also can be precieved as a lurking unknown, waiting to take you away, suck you down, much like an undertow current. Many of the songs on the album are dark and clouded, talking about things such as addiction getting the best of you and confronting false religion, so the undertow ribs fill the role to precisely.

The revealing is like exposing inner thoughts, true feelings or the real you, your true colors. Discontinuing the pretense of faith or aknowledgement of something that hasnt been accepted, standing for your own opinion. Confused yet? Great Selection
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 07:09 PM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

It almost looks like the ribcage is squirming and slithering, even though it's not moving...

And in response to what you said about confronting false religion and showing your 'true colors,' I get the idea that the open ribcage is allowing all the old beliefs and shrouding of true opinions to be released via these songs.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:10 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

If you hold the cover up to the light, the ribcage perfectly circles the nude woman.

Also the first time I saw TooL, when they played Prison Sex, they had the ribs writhing and moving about. It was rwally cool.
Old 12-03-2002, 03:06 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

yah since the ribcage moves and slithers when they play live i dont really think that it was supposed to be a ribcage, maybe im way off but when i first saw the cover to undertow i thought it looked like some sort of beetle, or reptile from underneath does anyone else kind of get that same feeling???

Ghost
Old 12-04-2002, 03:53 PM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

the coolset arework on that entire album s the four members distorted. that is cool, and the rib cage is interesting also, what is more interesting is why walmart made them change it? and why tool did it? they wouldnt have lost that much money if they had just told wal-mart to go fuck themselves?
Old 12-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

i think undertow's record art has its hieghts, especially with it being the only album with glimpses of the magicians themselfs. nice
Old 12-06-2002, 12:58 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Undertow

the album is about suffercaion so it would make sence that the cover art be that of a ribcage.
Old 12-29-2002, 06:30 PM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by orenge_pop
the coolset arework on that entire album s the four members distorted. that is cool, and the rib cage is interesting also, what is more interesting is why walmart made them change it? and why tool did it? they wouldnt have lost that much money if they had just told wal-mart to go fuck themselves?
Where would Rammstein had the idea from? (cover of Sehnsucht).
Old 12-29-2002, 06:32 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally posted by national
i think undertow's record art has its hieghts, especially with it being the only album with glimpses of the magicians themselfs. nice
No, Salival also.
Aenima has them drawed in 3d and Opiate has them pictured as children.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: