Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
04-24-2006, 04:10 PM

One of my favorite parts about this song, besides the lucid guitar work, is the little breathing effects. At some points it reminds me of an acid trip or something similar. It definately gives the impression of someone who has reverted to an animalistic perception, u can hear a frantic set of breaths when someone enters the room, or leaves, or asks him questions. it reminds me (1st person) of someone on acid noticing something out of the corner of their eye, something startling. It's kind of hard to explain, but it definately adds to the dialogue. It gives it a quality, plot and setting that translates incredibly well, for me anyway. Definately a psychadelic experience.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
Breathing Effect

One of my favorite parts about this song, besides the lucid guitar work, is the little breathing effects. At some points it reminds me of an acid trip or something similar. It definately gives the impression of someone who has reverted to an animalistic perception, u can hear a frantic set of breaths when someone enters the room, or leaves, or asks him questions. it reminds me (1st person) of someone on acid noticing something out of the corner of their eye, something startling. It's kind of hard to explain, but it definately adds to the dialogue. It gives it a quality, plot and setting that translates incredibly well, for me anyway. Definately a psychadelic experience.
05-11-2006, 04:39 AM

-bump- has anybody else noticed this? and what are your thoughts? definately -sounds- like acid.. like audio trails. it reminds my brain of the frigid acid feeling.

Last edited by tomatoms; 05-11-2006 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: shameless self promotion
Old 05-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
Re: Breathing Effect

-bump- has anybody else noticed this? and what are your thoughts? definately -sounds- like acid.. like audio trails. it reminds my brain of the frigid acid feeling.

Last edited by tomatoms; 05-11-2006 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: shameless self promotion
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
beyond's Avatar beyond
05-12-2006, 10:51 PM

It's definately a cool effect.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:51 PM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

It's definately a cool effect.
05-15-2006, 05:23 PM

i love the effect, makes it really creepy. definatly first person. what is the last thing the doctor says, i actually think it runs into rosetta stoned, does he say something like "lets give you something to help you?" i dont know, really cool song and runs perfectly into rosetta stoned.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

i love the effect, makes it really creepy. definatly first person. what is the last thing the doctor says, i actually think it runs into rosetta stoned, does he say something like "lets give you something to help you?" i dont know, really cool song and runs perfectly into rosetta stoned.
HallsOfMandos's Avatar HallsOfMandos
05-15-2006, 06:19 PM

The breathing from this track also (as I hear it) shows up again at the beginning of Intension, furthering the idea that at the very least LK, Rosetta and Intension are parts to a whole (much like disp, refl, triad). Personally, I think it continues on to RIght in Two as well and I guess Viginti would have to be included as well....
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
Old 05-15-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

The breathing from this track also (as I hear it) shows up again at the beginning of Intension, furthering the idea that at the very least LK, Rosetta and Intension are parts to a whole (much like disp, refl, triad). Personally, I think it continues on to RIght in Two as well and I guess Viginti would have to be included as well....
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
Fit4Demolition's Avatar Fit4Demolition
05-16-2006, 05:55 AM

nm about my question earlier, i got a chance to listen to it some more and it doesnt really sound anything like that. i was thinking the doctors gave the unknown person some kind of drug to get him to talk.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 751

nm about my question earlier, i got a chance to listen to it some more and it doesnt really sound anything like that. i was thinking the doctors gave the unknown person some kind of drug to get him to talk.
Gendo_Ikari's_Glasses
05-21-2006, 12:35 AM

Kinda sounds like one of thoses "Regenerators" from resident evil 4

damn... thoses things are freaky
Old 05-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Kinda sounds like one of thoses "Regenerators" from resident evil 4

damn... thoses things are freaky
savelints8's Avatar savelints8
06-02-2006, 10:44 AM

The breathing effect sounds the best in headphones. Kind of jumps from one side of your head to the other. Once you get used to it, of course- I jumped the first time I heard it.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Location: The Phallus Palace Fernando Clavijo: Resigned!!! Sex: ***MALE***
Bincount™: 4914

The breathing effect sounds the best in headphones. Kind of jumps from one side of your head to the other. Once you get used to it, of course- I jumped the first time I heard it.
The Official Fiction's Avatar The Official Fiction
06-04-2006, 10:25 PM

It's some cool shit. But so is everything else on 10K.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

It's some cool shit. But so is everything else on 10K.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply