Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
lucydog's Avatar lucydog
04-26-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhenry
i don't know about anybody else, but i'm reading HARD but subtle sarcasm with the warnings and the glasses and other related "album art." FIRST OFF, this is not a hoax. They are real. BUT imagine: We will look like a bunch of nerds walking around the streets and try to look at the album art through some glasses others are providing. Next thing you know, we will be bumping to each other, bumping to light poles, bumping into the old lady crossing the streets.... it's just a pretty funny scene.

Not saying that I won't use those glasses. But the inherent sacarsm that might exist in these stereoscopic stuffs is making me laughing already. If there were any prank TOOL is trying to pull, it would be these very nerdy looking glasses (btw, they remind me of those glasses they prescribe to the US Marines who have bad eye sights)
Hopefully, walking, not driving. bumping into old ladies while driving wouldnt be so funny.

You mean BCG's? (Birth Control Glasses)
Old 04-26-2006, 02:47 PM   #41
crashed my spaceship (tdn $upporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 10

Bincount™: 10062
Re: the limited 10,000days case

Quote:
i don't know about anybody else, but i'm reading HARD but subtle sarcasm with the warnings and the glasses and other related "album art." FIRST OFF, this is not a hoax. They are real. BUT imagine: We will look like a bunch of nerds walking around the streets and try to look at the album art through some glasses others are providing. Next thing you know, we will be bumping to each other, bumping to light poles, bumping into the old lady crossing the streets.... it's just a pretty funny scene.

Not saying that I won't use those glasses. But the inherent sacarsm that might exist in these stereoscopic stuffs is making me laughing already. If there were any prank TOOL is trying to pull, it would be these very nerdy looking glasses (btw, they remind me of those glasses they prescribe to the US Marines who have bad eye sights)
Hopefully, walking, not driving. bumping into old ladies while driving wouldnt be so funny.

04-26-2006, 02:55 PM

fyi - new colts can not be made full auto, and not just from the legal standpoint. i was going to delve into the details, however, our friends at the BATFE frown (and then some) on discussing the details of making a semi-auto go full auto. not to mention the horrible thread drift it might cause.

but i'll give you a tip: dont go around gunshows asking about getting a different trigger group, you'll make no friends that way at all. anyone who doesnt give you the cold shoulder for asking (because they will think you are part of an undercover sting from the BATFE) will probably be an undercover BATFE agent and will have no qualms at all charging you with what really can only be described as a 'thought crime'.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

fyi - new colts can not be made full auto, and not just from the legal standpoint. i was going to delve into the details, however, our friends at the BATFE frown (and then some) on discussing the details of making a semi-auto go full auto. not to mention the horrible thread drift it might cause.

but i'll give you a tip: dont go around gunshows asking about getting a different trigger group, you'll make no friends that way at all. anyone who doesnt give you the cold shoulder for asking (because they will think you are part of an undercover sting from the BATFE) will probably be an undercover BATFE agent and will have no qualms at all charging you with what really can only be described as a 'thought crime'.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
sub_atomic's Avatar sub_atomic
04-26-2006, 03:01 PM

Are the viewmaster goggles part of some limited edition packaging or is every copy like that?

And I guess if that's true, then do I need to pre-order the album to get this fabled limited edition? I'm a sucker for creative packaging, and I secretly loathe cheap plastic jewel cases. :)
Old 04-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #43
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Pre-Order Limited Edition?

Are the viewmaster goggles part of some limited edition packaging or is every copy like that?

And I guess if that's true, then do I need to pre-order the album to get this fabled limited edition? I'm a sucker for creative packaging, and I secretly loathe cheap plastic jewel cases. :)
04-26-2006, 03:23 PM

Anyone?
Old 04-26-2006, 03:23 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Pre-Order Limited Edition?

Anyone?
badshirt
04-26-2006, 03:26 PM

I'm going to look into this at Best Buy tomorrow. I may do the same thing.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #45
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

I'm going to look into this at Best Buy tomorrow. I may do the same thing.
Goldfoot
04-26-2006, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_atomic

I think they will all be like that, but I have no sound info to back that up except we haven't heard anything about a special edition from the band.

I too like creative packaging and I get pretty sick of jewel cases so I'm glad they did this, even though I kind of wanted to wait to see what it was gonna be like.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #46
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88

Quote:

I think they will all be like that, but I have no sound info to back that up except we haven't heard anything about a special edition from the band.

I too like creative packaging and I get pretty sick of jewel cases so I'm glad they did this, even though I kind of wanted to wait to see what it was gonna be like.
04-26-2006, 03:28 PM

As I understand it, no one really knows. The entire thing is a bit of a mystery. It won't be clear until tuesday.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

As I understand it, no one really knows. The entire thing is a bit of a mystery. It won't be clear until tuesday.
04-26-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark
lol. It's a colt and Its very clean. a little dusty cuase it has not bee fired in quite some time. I spose I should have said "load up" my AR-15.

my dad bought another one with the forward assist. and that one is WOW! YOu know how easy it is to make it Full A? I wonder if you can get the three shot burst parts? prolly some redneck gun show.
Its highly illegal to even have parts that can make a full-auto gun in your pocession. I doubt you can find them on the counter at a redneck gundhow.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #48
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by something_Dark
lol. It's a colt and Its very clean. a little dusty cuase it has not bee fired in quite some time. I spose I should have said "load up" my AR-15.

my dad bought another one with the forward assist. and that one is WOW! YOu know how easy it is to make it Full A? I wonder if you can get the three shot burst parts? prolly some redneck gun show.
Its highly illegal to even have parts that can make a full-auto gun in your pocession. I doubt you can find them on the counter at a redneck gundhow.
meatchunk's Avatar meatchunk
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Funny you mentioned the Marine BC's(brith controls), because if you wear them no woman will ever want to have sex with you. Sad thing is, I still where them to drive when my eyes are too drive from 420.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #49
Banned.

Bincount™: 267

Quote:

Funny you mentioned the Marine BC's(brith controls), because if you wear them no woman will ever want to have sex with you. Sad thing is, I still where them to drive when my eyes are too drive from 420.
SpiralOutKeepGoing's Avatar SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-26-2006, 06:21 PM

I know. Check this out. It's all the proof you need. Walmart has a real photo of what the CD will look like. No special edition. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4891162 Everyone who buys the album gets goggles.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63

I know. Check this out. It's all the proof you need. Walmart has a real photo of what the CD will look like. No special edition. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4891162 Everyone who buys the album gets goggles.
04-26-2006, 07:21 PM

Wow. Then I wonder what the $26 albums on May 16 are.

ITC, what do employees mean when they say "Do you want the limited edition?"
Old 04-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

SpiralOutKeepGoing's Avatar SpiralOutKeepGoing
04-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Quote:

free stuff? I don't know.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 63

Quote:

free stuff? I don't know.
dwohlfahrt
04-28-2006, 11:52 AM

So I was looking around at various threads for an answer to this and couldn't find it. I'm sure the answer is out there, but I don't feel like wasting my day searching for it, so get all pissed off at me and shit.

Anyhow, I keep hearing about special editions of the record but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. Some say that some copies will have the glasses and others won't and other stuff like that. I know noone has any info on the vinyl, but will there be several versions of the CD release? If so, does anyone know what the differences will be, how many of each will be manufactured, where they may be found, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #53
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
10,000 Days Editions?

So I was looking around at various threads for an answer to this and couldn't find it. I'm sure the answer is out there, but I don't feel like wasting my day searching for it, so get all pissed off at me and shit.

Anyhow, I keep hearing about special editions of the record but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. Some say that some copies will have the glasses and others won't and other stuff like that. I know noone has any info on the vinyl, but will there be several versions of the CD release? If so, does anyone know what the differences will be, how many of each will be manufactured, where they may be found, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
lizabennet's Avatar lizabennet
05-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwohlfahrt

Thanks in advance.
seconded. infoplz.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #54
Level 2 - Poster

Re: 10,000 Days Editions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwohlfahrt

Thanks in advance.
seconded. infoplz.
seemyshadowchanging
05-02-2006, 04:41 AM

has anyone seen the commercial on mtv, fuel, or any other stations for the new album?whats strange is the fact at the end of the ad it shows the cd in a regular cd flip top case.does anyone think that the case with the looking glasses maay be a limited edition for say the first million sold?just a thought.

Last edited by seemyshadowchanging; 05-02-2006 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: LEFT CAPS LOCK OFF
Old 05-02-2006, 04:41 AM   #55
Banned.

JUST WONDERING?

has anyone seen the commercial on mtv, fuel, or any other stations for the new album?whats strange is the fact at the end of the ad it shows the cd in a regular cd flip top case.does anyone think that the case with the looking glasses maay be a limited edition for say the first million sold?just a thought.

Last edited by seemyshadowchanging; 05-02-2006 at 05:02 AM.. Reason: LEFT CAPS LOCK OFF
TheEulogyOfMe's Avatar TheEulogyOfMe
05-02-2006, 05:05 AM

Possibly.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:05 AM   #56

Bincount™: 7
Re: just wondering

Possibly.
05-02-2006, 05:06 AM

Thats what i told all my friends, primarily so they bought the album now and i could have something intelectual to talk to them about. Also to boost the albums initial sales of course.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 05-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192

Thats what i told all my friends, primarily so they bought the album now and i could have something intelectual to talk to them about. Also to boost the albums initial sales of course.
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Sober_Tom
05-02-2006, 05:10 AM

Could be. When i got my copies the guy their told me how lucky i was to get this case. but he is a nut and was probably bullshitting
Old 05-02-2006, 05:10 AM   #58
Level 3 - Talker

Could be. When i got my copies the guy their told me how lucky i was to get this case. but he is a nut and was probably bullshitting
seemyshadowchanging
05-02-2006, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sober_Tom
you would think they would show the case with the images though.seems like it would be a good marketing strategy you would think to get everyone talking.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:13 AM   #59
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sober_Tom
you would think they would show the case with the images though.seems like it would be a good marketing strategy you would think to get everyone talking.
Haidar's Avatar Haidar
05-02-2006, 05:15 AM

You can find the commercial on youtube. :)
Old 05-02-2006, 05:15 AM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

You can find the commercial on youtube. :)
morgsatlarge
05-02-2006, 07:22 AM

The reason for the special case is two fold. Bands with a high inital sale rate often want to reward the die hard fans. Some bands do it by giving a discount, others by bonus' like caps or t-shirts, or free dvds.

The other reason is that it is an incentive to buy the cd, rather than simply downloading it.

I used to work with this guy who worked at EMI Australia. He was the priest in a Tea Party film clip... but he took too much coke and needed to drop out of the industry.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:22 AM   #61
Level 3 - Talker

The reason for the special case is two fold. Bands with a high inital sale rate often want to reward the die hard fans. Some bands do it by giving a discount, others by bonus' like caps or t-shirts, or free dvds.

The other reason is that it is an incentive to buy the cd, rather than simply downloading it.

I used to work with this guy who worked at EMI Australia. He was the priest in a Tea Party film clip... but he took too much coke and needed to drop out of the industry.
paraology
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM

I saw the commercial for the new album during a commercial break on raw last night.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #62

Bincount™: 5

I saw the commercial for the new album during a commercial break on raw last night.
Descencia's Avatar Descencia
05-02-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgsatlarge

Even though The Tea Party were a Canadian STP they were a great band. Too bad they broke up.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:16 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgsatlarge

Even though The Tea Party were a Canadian STP they were a great band. Too bad they broke up.
bluenote's Avatar bluenote
05-02-2006, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonflux
you have a dirty AR?

it better not be a Colt.

Bushy's or RRA's can be left dirty.

Colts are supposed to be treated like queens.

the lenticular case for aenima was supposedly 'limited edition', its been how many years now and you can still buy it?

My RRA is spotless. Funny how motivating a 10" upper can be. Cheers.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:16 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonflux
you have a dirty AR?

it better not be a Colt.

Bushy's or RRA's can be left dirty.

Colts are supposed to be treated like queens.

the lenticular case for aenima was supposedly 'limited edition', its been how many years now and you can still buy it?

My RRA is spotless. Funny how motivating a 10" upper can be. Cheers.
badgertool
05-02-2006, 01:39 PM

Quote:

The ones on may 16 are Japanese presses with no extras according to amazon.com.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #65
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:

The ones on may 16 are Japanese presses with no extras according to amazon.com.
Barloe's Avatar Barloe
05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydog420

hehe...

Check it...

http://www.tnhouston.com/heinous/bcgs.html

Last edited by Barloe; 05-02-2006 at 04:09 PM..
Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #66
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucydog420

hehe...

Check it...

http://www.tnhouston.com/heinous/bcgs.html

Last edited by Barloe; 05-02-2006 at 04:09 PM..
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
05-02-2006, 05:57 PM

The specs and fancy cover will always be with the album. It's not a "special ed" or "limited" or whatever. I've asked people at two HMVs, i heard it on the radio, and it makes sense. The initial copies of the album will sell anyways.. no point in making people disappointed by getting some shit jewel case, or stereoscopic images they cant see cause the Rec.Company decides to stop shipment of the specs. There'll totally be more people downloading the album if there isnt incentive to buy it. Why take that incentive away?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 PM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Re: Limited Edition

The specs and fancy cover will always be with the album. It's not a "special ed" or "limited" or whatever. I've asked people at two HMVs, i heard it on the radio, and it makes sense. The initial copies of the album will sell anyways.. no point in making people disappointed by getting some shit jewel case, or stereoscopic images they cant see cause the Rec.Company decides to stop shipment of the specs. There'll totally be more people downloading the album if there isnt incentive to buy it. Why take that incentive away?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply