opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 05. Schism
User Name
Password
Old 01-02-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575
perfect break

this song is a simple break up song. what does a girlfriend always talk about? keeping the communication. when your breaking up, you are both all too eager to point the finger at the other. you can look at the lyrics and every line matches this up
Old 01-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Re: perfect break

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

that is very interesting, but im not sure why you are showing me this.
tell me about it, cause ive read about this too and am very interested
Old 01-03-2004, 05:46 AM   #4
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029

It's all been explained in that Thread.
I see Schism as what I explain in the Thread about that transmitting waves from the mind.

If you have really read it, you must know what I think.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1142

I know the pieces fit cuz I watched them tumble down
(is he descringing himself)->No fault, none to blame it doesn't mean I, <- don't desire so point the finger, blame the other....etc....

i dont think they r pointing the finger at eachother, read it carefully...i think maynard is the one pointing no offense, he probably still likes this gurl, but there r somethings about her that he finds discusting, not physically...maybe physically... i do agree tho, this does have something to do with a relatiionship, not w/ just a gurl, but a brother, he must have had a shitty family life.

just my thoughts....
Old 01-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
this song is a simple break up song. what does a girlfriend always talk about? keeping the communication. when your breaking up, you are both all too eager to point the finger at the other. you can look at the lyrics and every line matches this up
I am sorry, but please, take another look at the album cover and tell me that a song from tool would be about something as simple as breaking up with a girl. Very interesting thought though. Keep digging and dreaming and dreaming and dreaming because afterall, dream is destiny... (invoking words)
Old 03-24-2004, 10:51 AM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

whether this song is about a simple break up or the bigger break up that is religion today (or even spirituality in general), it is still an excellent break up song. everyone who i know who has ever really been through a break up, whether they are lovers of tool or not, cries when they hear that song. what maynard meant by it matters, but what you take from it matters as well. it's probably multiple meanings, like many of tool's (and a perfect circle) songs and you can dig as deap as you want. most good poetry is that. so please don't get too judgemental about those of us who feel it's about a break up... it's not like break-ups aren't deap spiritual experiences anyway.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: