opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #81
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/12 - Mansfield, MA - Tweeter Center for the Performing Arts

52 Hours 30 Minutes....................SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
5/20/2001 - NY, 9/20/01 - ME, 9/21/01 - MA, 9/22/01 - CT ~ 8/15/02 - NJ, 8/16/02 - MA, 8/17/02 - RI, 8/18/02 - NH, 10/28/02 - MA ~ 9/29/06 - MA, 10/3/06 - NH, 10/5/06 - CT ~ 7/12/07 - MA, 7/18/07 - NJ ~ 1/28/2012 - MA
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #82
Level 4 - Thinker

Serioiusly..WHY does Tool continue to play this shitty venue?!? It's by far one of the worst places to ever see a show live. The sound is absolutely horrible, unless of course your right up front. I dunno..it just bewilders me...

If your a real fan you know to check 'em out in Portland, ME at the Civic Center. The place is one of THE best larger venues in all of New England. It's about half the size of the Tweeter Center and the sound is to fucking kill for.

See ya'll in Maine...
Old 07-10-2007, 03:16 PM   #83
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by devouredinchaos View Post
Serioiusly..WHY does Tool continue to play this shitty venue?!? It's by far one of the worst places to ever see a show live. The sound is absolutely horrible, unless of course your right up front. I dunno..it just bewilders me...

If your a real fan you know to check 'em out in Portland, ME at the Civic Center. The place is one of THE best larger venues in all of New England. It's about half the size of the Tweeter Center and the sound is to fucking kill for.

See ya'll in Maine...
Tool must like playing there. It's the only venue booked twice on different legs on this tour. They could have picked one of five or so other arenas in the area which would probably be pretty easy to book during the summer. I have a feeling we will see a couple of shows at one of these venues in the late fall: Worcester, Amherst, Providence, Boston.

Last edited by chunga; 07-10-2007 at 03:19 PM..
Old 07-10-2007, 06:45 PM   #84
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Mulder View Post
yeah but these will be two loooong friggin days. this is gonna be my first tool show so i'm about to fall out of my chair with excitement. i'm just sitting at work thinking about it all day and its driving me crazy
Wow you must be pumped. Bring a helmet. This band is nuts.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #85
Level 4 - Thinker

This show will possibly be the best show of my life aside from the September show at this venue. It'll be my 3rd Tool show, all of which have come on this tour. It'll be the second time I see them at the Tweeter Center.

I'm hoping that we will get something special in the setlist considering how much the crowd was into it last time around, but I'm not looking to complain no matter what we get. All of Tool's songs are amazing, so I don't know why alot of people on the review section complain about the set. On Semtember 29th, Rosetta Stoned, Wings/10,000 Days, The Pot, & 46 & 2 were definately highlights.

Tommorow will be the slowest day of my life aside from September 28th last year, when I was anxiously awaiting my first Tool show.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #86

Bincount™: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedGilgamesh View Post
52 Hours 30 Minutes....................SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Bahaha.. you love count downs.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:04 PM   #87
Level 4 - Thinker

me and my friend have had this plan to try and get tool to play H. we are going to talk to alot of people before the show and try to yell in between songs....please play H!! hopefully if we keep doing it and alot of people do it, they will play it. we are gonna try, why the f not???? they haven't played it in years :(
Old 07-10-2007, 11:08 PM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

solid plan :). good luck
Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 AM   #89
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 57

ugh I can't wait this show is going to be awesome, especially after looking at the recent Canadian shows' setlists. Flood here we come!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 AM   #90
Level 3 - Talker

Last night's set from Montreal would be awesome. Would love to htear The Pot:

Jambi
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty-Six and 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 AM   #91
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

so instead of adding songs to their sets, they're dropping songs...awesome. :( this band is really pissing me off lately. same setlists for 2 years now.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #92
Level 4 - Thinker

I completely agree that this venue blows....Granted, I've seen Tool, Hanson and Elton John - I know what I'm talking about. Tool shows are a lot better in closed stadiums like The Garden.

..D.O.N.T...T.H.E.S.E...T.A.L.K.I.N.G...M.O.N.K.E. Y.S...K.N.O.W...T.H.A.T...E.D.E.N...H.A.S...E.N.O. U.G.H...T.O...G.O...A.R.O.U.N.D.?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 AM   #93
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canorus View Post
me and my friend have had this plan to try and get tool to play H. we are going to talk to alot of people before the show and try to yell in between songs....please play H!! hopefully if we keep doing it and alot of people do it, they will play it. we are gonna try, why the f not???? they haven't played it in years :(
Without trying to sound like a complete dick, people like you at shows drive me nuts. The band is there to put on the show they want, not try to please every individual that yells random shit at the stage.

Save your voices. The setlists are planned in advance of the shows, and if there is one band on earth that has shown that they won't be changing things up, it's TOOL. Besides, they won't be able to hear you - I promise. I'm amazed that they have added in this Kids In the Hall bit, and I'm looking forward to hearing that new part of the show. That should be enough for you too.

They played Flood in Quebec last night, I hope that means we're getting Right In Two tomorrow night!
Old 07-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #94
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Bincount™: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAce View Post
Without trying to sound like a complete dick, people like you at shows drive me nuts. The band is there to put on the show they want, not try to please every individual that yells random shit at the stage.

Save your voices. The setlists are planned in advance of the shows, and if there is one band on earth that has shown that they won't be changing things up, it's TOOL. Besides, they won't be able to hear you - I promise. I'm amazed that they have added in this Kids In the Hall bit, and I'm looking forward to hearing that new part of the show. That should be enough for you too.
Tom's right

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #95
Level 1 - Lurker

Canorus, They have played H more recently then you think. They were switching it up with 46/2 between nights on the lateralus tour. Chris V makes a great point... They have been playing the same set lists for nearly the entire tour, through all the legs of it. We saw the bulk of this show last september.
The performance is great, don't get me wrong, but it think it is about time they figure out how to operate more spontaneous visuals that spare them the room for far more improvisation and "change" in their live performance. Reward the fan. The soul reason you are able to do what you do. The Fan. Construct more diverse sets, and continuously move songs around. Open with Vicarious, play Grudge drop Prison Sex in the middle, follow with Pushit... End with 3rd Eye/Opiate...
Then do something completely DIFFERENT the next night, breaking out Sweat and watch people bug out. Even if it just means switching the set order up. They are performing artists, are they not. If I'm a painter...and I paint the same character for a year or two...eventually I would hope, my peers, colleagues, critics, all tell me, "that's done well, but it kind of sucks, it looks just like the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that....."
I do look forward to the show, I've been fortunate to see 15 performances across the country over the last 9 years. The emotion, thought, and concept of the music is second to none. I just think they're should be some dialogue/feedback/criticism regarding the live performance.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 AM   #96
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

yea. so i saw them at the Orpheum, Tweeter, Hartford, Bonnaroo, and now I'm seeing them again at the Tweeter and it'll be the same show. thank god i got to see them back in 01 or 02. Pushit is the one song i've never heard live that I've been dying to hear and they pretty much crushed my hopes of that. at least we'll all be home early right? :(
Old 07-11-2007, 12:50 PM   #97
Level 1 - Lurker

did anyone get a call from the Tweeter Center saying a bridge is closed?
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #98
Level 1 - Lurker

yeah I did, any idea what that means for us trying to get there? I went to the venue website and theres nothing on there about it...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #99
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARTisEvolution View Post
Canorus, They have played H more recently then you think. They were switching it up with 46/2 between nights on the lateralus tour. Chris V makes a great point... They have been playing the same set lists for nearly the entire tour, through all the legs of it. We saw the bulk of this show last september.
The performance is great, don't get me wrong, but it think it is about time they figure out how to operate more spontaneous visuals that spare them the room for far more improvisation and "change" in their live performance. Reward the fan. The soul reason you are able to do what you do. The Fan. Construct more diverse sets, and continuously move songs around. Open with Vicarious, play Grudge drop Prison Sex in the middle, follow with Pushit... End with 3rd Eye/Opiate...
Then do something completely DIFFERENT the next night, breaking out Sweat and watch people bug out. Even if it just means switching the set order up. They are performing artists, are they not. If I'm a painter...and I paint the same character for a year or two...eventually I would hope, my peers, colleagues, critics, all tell me, "that's done well, but it kind of sucks, it looks just like the last one, and the one before that, and the one before that....."
I do look forward to the show, I've been fortunate to see 15 performances across the country over the last 9 years. The emotion, thought, and concept of the music is second to none. I just think they're should be some dialogue/feedback/criticism regarding the live performance.
I know, I've seen the videos on youtube.......6 YEARS
Old 07-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #100
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAce View Post

They played Flood in Quebec last night, I hope that means we're getting Right In Two tomorrow night!
its called having fun, and the plan is to have alot of people doing it...fuck you you tard
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #101
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
its called having fun, and the plan is to have alot of people doing it...fuck you you tard

Well in that case, I hope you get 1,000 people chanting it for the whole show. It still won't impact the setlist, and then all the other fans will be on here Friday complaining that the crowd sucked at the show.

Spiral out you tard.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #102
Level 4 - Thinker

Does anyone know around what time Tool have actually been coming out and playing? If there's one thing I can't stand, its getting burnt out before the show starts..hah.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM   #103
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

i hope no one does it. the band will be so annoyed. don't bother. they already know what they're gonna play (after all, they've been using the same setlist since 10,000 Days came out). dont fuck it up for everyone. you and your dumb chant might cause them to drop yet another song from the setlist.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #104
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolfan17 View Post
did anyone get a call from the Tweeter Center saying a bridge is closed?
Oh, thank you for posting this question! I have a shitty answering machine from the 80s and the first half of the message got cut off but I knew it was relevant to the show. I called ticketmaster and the Tweeter and they both thought I was nuts. I thought that the show was cancelled or something. So that's what it was about--a bridge being closed? Do you remember what bridge??
Old 07-11-2007, 04:00 PM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

there is bridge work on 495

so dont take it

95 to 140 or whatever it is
Old 07-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #106

Ohh great. I missed Jambi and half of Stinkfist at the Atlantic City show because of a closed bridge. Not againnn gah
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #107

if you are coming from north of mansfield (boston) then I don't think it affects you because you pretty much take i93 south onto i95 south. 495 is runs along next to tweeter center so I hope the bridge work isn't right there.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #108

Mapquest says 95 N to 495 S, crap, lol
Old 07-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #109
Level 2 - Poster

or just leave early, and if you get there early, tailgaiting is always a good time. I believe the message said there is road work on 495 at a couple of places. i've been to a couple of shows there before, and there's always traffic on 495 prior to a show anyway, so it might be kind of bad.

my real reason for posting this is that I STILL have a ticket available for section 8, row R. my "tool friends" all live 400 miles away and work "real" jobs, and my quasi-tool friends are out of town or cancelled at the last minute.

i'm trying to get rid of the ticket primarily because I think it would be shame if there's an empty seat at the show. so make a reasonable offer, and it's yours.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM   #110
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocaineEyes View Post
Mapquest says 95 N to 495 S, crap, lol
lol! right, I was thinking the same thing
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 PM   #111
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by devouredinchaos View Post
Does anyone know around what time Tool have actually been coming out and playing? If there's one thing I can't stand, its getting burnt out before the show starts..hah.
I'd say 830pm is pushing it. So what if you have to catch 15 minutes of Big Business and then some down time. Better than missing Jambi!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #112
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Is the sound really all that bad? I'm in section 6 towards the back. Am I going to be let down?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #113
Level 3 - Talker

Thanks for the info on the bridge. I've been to this place a thousand times and I always forget what happens once you get off 93. Whatever--I'm excited so I'll just leave early. God, am I excited. Who's in section 4 with me??

As for the sound, I think it's pretty great wherever you sit--even if that may be the lawn. That's just my opinion. However, at the last show that Tool had here I couldn't hear a god damned thing Maynard was saying and I was pretty close. But I assume that was just the sound peoples' issue.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #114

I've heard that the best place in tweeter is section 6 behind the soundboards, because, well obviously they listen from there haha. I'm in section 6 row N, yay.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 AM   #115
Level 3 - Talker

just take back roads to 140, shouldnt be a problem.

as far as the sound, i think its pretty good. i dont know why the fuck all of you are complaining. last summer it was probably the best sounding of the 3 shows i went to - mansfield, manchester, and hartford.

also the audio boot i have from the mansfield show is pretty nice.

see ya tonight sluts
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 AM   #116
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections View Post
as far as the sound, i think its pretty good. i dont know why the fuck all of you are complaining. last summer it was probably the best sounding of the 3 shows i went to - mansfield, manchester, and hartford.
Mansfield was fun but Manchester was the better show ... as always, I guess it depends on where you're standing.

Sounds like a bunch of clowns are going to this show....

Anyone BBQ'ing? I'm flying solo.

Carl: Yeah, it's the American tradition to cut people down to size because they've brought so much joy into our lives.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #117
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
just take back roads to 140, shouldnt be a problem.

also the audio boot i have from the mansfield show is pretty nice.

see ya tonight sluts
I have a copy of 9-29 too, and the one I have sounds amazing. I was in section 8 last year and had no problems with the sound, I don't really get what people complain about either. Of course if you're on the lawn it's not going to sound perfect.

Section 2 tonight - Lateralus might make me dump in my pants.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #118
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod View Post
Mansfield was fun but Manchester was the better show ... as always, I guess it depends on where you're standing.
the view was way better in manchester. i was on the floor and ive never been so close to the band members in my life, but the sound was way overpowered.

i have video of the pot, jambi, and vicarious from the manchester show that im trying to synch up with some good audio. i plan on putting it up on you tube when i get a chance.

i also have all of rosetta stoned from mansfield on video. i synched it up with that audio source and its orgasmic.

and tail gating will be in full effect tonight once i get out of work.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #119
Rod
tdn bracketologist 07

Quote:

and tail gating will be in full effect tonight once i get out of work.
Someone needs to step it up, lame doesn't even describe the tailgating at the 9/29 show.

My buddy left his grill on the porch, we had 2 lbs. of steak tips and no one was grilling anywhere. Weak. I guess I'm used to the Foxborough tailgate.

The energy at that Manchester show ... it almost looked like the band was a little overwhelmed in the begining. Danny beat the shit out of Aenima... I don't know how Justin sat through Wings.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #120
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

its funny how tool fans complain more than anyone else yet they still go show after show....

can't wait till tonight....

this is the third time ive seen them on this leg (saw em in colorado and kansas in may) and am very happy ill get to see them again tonight. even if it is the same exact set i saw in colorado (minus aenema) whatever... the show will still be sick and i wanna see this band as much as i can cause this could very well be their last tour.

i just started seeing tool on this tour cause i couldnt make it t o any of the 01-02 shows. this is the 6th time ive seen them on the 10,000 days tour and each show has been awesome in its own way. i dont care if ive seen pretty much the same set (a few diff songs here and there of course... was lucky enough to see sober, opiate, the patient, and right in two)... but whatever. same setlist.. im happy enough to see tool cause they ARE my fave band. now stop bitching guys

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: