opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 11-21-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323
The First Step - A Journey To Infinite Happiness

I have admitted to myself the issues at hand. My life is a mess right now and I am going to tackle my issues one issue at a time. One day at a time. I am not faking it this time. This is my life, and I want to be in control of it. I am not doing this for anyone else. I am doing it first and foremost for myself.

I have a wife and daughter who I care about immensely. So, what I do affects them. I have been attending AA meetings for three weeks now, and I believe in what they have to offer. I trust in the structure that was created by the author (Bill W) of The Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous). I see the people who attend the meetings and how it has changed their life. I had never given it a chance in the past. That was then, this is now.

I have come to the realization that I need to change, in order to obtain and eventually continue to a have happy life. This is not bullshit. This is real. This is my life. I have gone on long enough living the way I did. The way I lived stops now. The future is wide open. In attending these AA meetings, I have learned a lot about myself. I listen to everyone there and what they have to say. I trust in the people there and I am surrendering myself to my higher power.

After observing all of the individuals at these meetings, I had taken a liking to this guy and what he had to say. I was nervous at first to approach him and inquire about him potentially being my sponsor. So after the meeting I was talking with this guy and ask him to be my sponsor. I really trust him and look forward to learning from him.

He drove me home after the meeting and we sat and talked in his car for an hour and a half. I told him a little bit about how I had gotten to this point and that I want to change and maintain a sober life for the rest of my existence here on this beautiful planet. For the first time in my life I am 100% ready to become the individual that I was meant to be.

I really look forward to learning from my sponsor and working the steps of the program. I am going to approach my issue one by one and take care of them the proper way in order to resolve these deep problems. I believe in myself and I have a lot of inner strength. I'm going to use this Inner Strength to propel myself along into a healthy lifestyle and a mentally healthy existence.

I am putting this here as a journal of documentation to go back and refer to when needed. I really appreciate this life and the chances that I have been given. I appreciate the world around me. I live in such a beautiful place being on the ocean surrounded by millions of trees and variety of animals and beautiful mammals.

On Sunday I will have 30 days of sobriety. But I can't look too far forward, I have to do it one day at a time. I love my family and friends and I love all of the support that I have. I have the most beautiful daughter in the world. I feel so blessed to have this baby girl.

I am approaching this head on. I am doing a 180 with my thinking and how I go about my everyday activities and lifestyle. I have so many dreams and goals that I want to accomplish. This is my first step. This is my path that I will walk on. I am going to maintain a positive outlook and create a positive lifestyle for myself. I am willing to do anything that I have to do in order to achieve the dreams and goals that I have set for myself.

"I'm Gonna rise up
Find my direction magnetically.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me."

I love me, and I love you!

I love everything that this Universe has to offer.

We are all truly blessed to be here and to be experiencing the wonders of what life has to offer.

Last edited by lotus.; 11-21-2018 at 11:18 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:53 PM   #2
Up From The Skies

Re: The First Step - A Journey To Infinite Happiness

"To move forward, we have to leave something behind."
Old 11-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #3
Up From The Skies

Re: The First Step - A Journey To Infinite Happiness

30 Days!

!!

I have surrendered myself to my higher power.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: