Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
05-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzsleepzzz
In the other thread about the Alex Grey listening party Alex told the crowd this song was infact written about a friend of the bands who ate a bunch of Acid and camped out outside of Area 51 and then thought he had been abducted by aliens. The poke fun at him cause he didn't graduate highschool and he had this important message but had forgetten what it was. This has been confirmed as to what the song is about. (Alex Grey isn't like blair with bullshit and cryptic puzzles, pretty straight up).
i don't think you can take anything like that seriously. i'm pretty i read a long time ago an interview where someone in the band said the song Sober was about an upstairs neighbor that was an alcoholic. they lie about their song meanings. i guess alex grey could just as easily lie too, you can't really know for sure.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972
Re: Not about Alien Abduction. (Worth reading IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzsleepzzz
In the other thread about the Alex Grey listening party Alex told the crowd this song was infact written about a friend of the bands who ate a bunch of Acid and camped out outside of Area 51 and then thought he had been abducted by aliens. The poke fun at him cause he didn't graduate highschool and he had this important message but had forgetten what it was. This has been confirmed as to what the song is about. (Alex Grey isn't like blair with bullshit and cryptic puzzles, pretty straight up).
i don't think you can take anything like that seriously. i'm pretty i read a long time ago an interview where someone in the band said the song Sober was about an upstairs neighbor that was an alcoholic. they lie about their song meanings. i guess alex grey could just as easily lie too, you can't really know for sure.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
[email protected]
05-13-2006, 05:00 PM

This might help. I like the song and it doesnt really bother me if its about ET or 'cid buts still a good song. This could shed some light however.

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.” -MJK
Old 05-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Not about Alien Abduction. (Worth reading IMO)

This might help. I like the song and it doesnt really bother me if its about ET or 'cid buts still a good song. This could shed some light however.

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.” -MJK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply