Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
opiate82
05-18-2006, 08:42 PM

So I was listening to Bill Hicks "Relentless" the other day (and if you've read the 'Celestine Prophocy, you'd know this is not a coincidence) when he goes into his bit about using our smart bomb technology to shoot food at hungry people. He very specificaclly says "Stealth Banana."

Combining that possible allusion with Blairs (long-winded and generally irrelevant) post about witnessing all this stuff our goverment is doing out at Area 51, I made this connection.

Perhaps the character in the song is actually being affected by goverment brainwashing technology, and they are able to convince him that he was abducted by aliens. This 'stealth banana' is a reference trying to show us that this was goverment technology, not ET technology that put this guy in his current state.

Reguardless, I think the "stealth banana" line is a Bill Hicks reference.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Stealth Banana

So I was listening to Bill Hicks "Relentless" the other day (and if you've read the 'Celestine Prophocy, you'd know this is not a coincidence) when he goes into his bit about using our smart bomb technology to shoot food at hungry people. He very specificaclly says "Stealth Banana."

Combining that possible allusion with Blairs (long-winded and generally irrelevant) post about witnessing all this stuff our goverment is doing out at Area 51, I made this connection.

Perhaps the character in the song is actually being affected by goverment brainwashing technology, and they are able to convince him that he was abducted by aliens. This 'stealth banana' is a reference trying to show us that this was goverment technology, not ET technology that put this guy in his current state.

Reguardless, I think the "stealth banana" line is a Bill Hicks reference.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
blackandwhite's Avatar blackandwhite
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM

Well, the point of the secrecy around Area 51 is that the government is saying aliens do not exist, so why would they brainwash you into thinking you talked to an aline there?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7
Re: Stealth Banana

Well, the point of the secrecy around Area 51 is that the government is saying aliens do not exist, so why would they brainwash you into thinking you talked to an aline there?
DTrain
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
I think he did talk to an alien, and they fed him drugs so people would just think he was crazy :D
Old 05-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
I think he did talk to an alien, and they fed him drugs so people would just think he was crazy :D
Jon08's Avatar Jon08
05-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrain
believe it or not there's a lot in your post. check the post about Dr. Lawson in the Lost Keys forum.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrain
believe it or not there's a lot in your post. check the post about Dr. Lawson in the Lost Keys forum.
05-20-2006, 04:49 AM

Quote:
One of the theories about Area 51 and other such places is that the government wants you to think they're hiding aliens. By indirectly feeding rumors about UFOs and acting as though aliens are the thing to be covered up, they are actually covering up the real agenda: top secret military/science projects. The idea of aliens being connected to Area 51 is so strong that if people see something weird, they assume it's an extra terrestrial spaceship. Therefore, they are not taken seriously. If they saw something that was actually a top secret military project, and described it as a military project to the press, the government is at a greater risk for losing secrets.

Some say the government has been purposely ambiguous about aliens since people first became interested in them. They saw the opportunity to use a fake conspiracy to hide a real secret agenda. If you think about it, it does make a lot of sense.

Also keep in mind that in the US at least, military technology generally enters the military twenty or more years after being invented. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but I've heard it from several sources, including military personel. So if top secret military technology is being invented and tested in Area 51, it most likely would look alien to us, since nothing like it is being used today. If the alien conspiracy is just a cover for this technology, it seems to be working pretty well. Military technology is boring. People would much rather hear about ET.

The character in this song could be an example. Maybe what he saw was a new kind of military device. But due to some combination of drugs, brainwashing, and simply being at Area 51, he figured it was aliens. And now no one takes him seriously.

This could go beyond Area 51 as well. If any strange thing appeared in the sky anywhere in the US, people always jump to the alien conclusion. What if it was a spy device sent from a hostile country? Our government could tell us that's what it was, or just let us keep believing it was aliens. In the second case, there would just be a lot of, "No man, I swear it was aliens, it had to be!" and "Shut up, you're just crazy," but there would be no widespread panic about being spied on.

I don't think this really has any relevance to the song itself, nor am I saying this is really what's going on. But it is one of the theories out there.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:49 AM   #5
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
One of the theories about Area 51 and other such places is that the government wants you to think they're hiding aliens. By indirectly feeding rumors about UFOs and acting as though aliens are the thing to be covered up, they are actually covering up the real agenda: top secret military/science projects. The idea of aliens being connected to Area 51 is so strong that if people see something weird, they assume it's an extra terrestrial spaceship. Therefore, they are not taken seriously. If they saw something that was actually a top secret military project, and described it as a military project to the press, the government is at a greater risk for losing secrets.

Some say the government has been purposely ambiguous about aliens since people first became interested in them. They saw the opportunity to use a fake conspiracy to hide a real secret agenda. If you think about it, it does make a lot of sense.

Also keep in mind that in the US at least, military technology generally enters the military twenty or more years after being invented. I'm not sure exactly why this is, but I've heard it from several sources, including military personel. So if top secret military technology is being invented and tested in Area 51, it most likely would look alien to us, since nothing like it is being used today. If the alien conspiracy is just a cover for this technology, it seems to be working pretty well. Military technology is boring. People would much rather hear about ET.

The character in this song could be an example. Maybe what he saw was a new kind of military device. But due to some combination of drugs, brainwashing, and simply being at Area 51, he figured it was aliens. And now no one takes him seriously.

This could go beyond Area 51 as well. If any strange thing appeared in the sky anywhere in the US, people always jump to the alien conclusion. What if it was a spy device sent from a hostile country? Our government could tell us that's what it was, or just let us keep believing it was aliens. In the second case, there would just be a lot of, "No man, I swear it was aliens, it had to be!" and "Shut up, you're just crazy," but there would be no widespread panic about being spied on.

I don't think this really has any relevance to the song itself, nor am I saying this is really what's going on. But it is one of the theories out there.
foursixandtwo's Avatar foursixandtwo
05-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eussiah

I like this^ --you are a smart cookie.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eussiah

I like this^ --you are a smart cookie.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply