Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
Vicarious_Lee's Avatar Vicarious_Lee
05-19-2006, 02:17 AM

I was just listening to this song and I was wondering, why he said that orange slices calmed him down. I know for a fact, im not sure which vitamin, im pretty sure that its vitamin C or something, but its in orange slices, are supposed to make you trip harder when your on any kind of hallucinagen like acid or lsd. I was just curious, maybe im interpreting it wrong, anyone?
Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
"Calmed him down"?

I was just listening to this song and I was wondering, why he said that orange slices calmed him down. I know for a fact, im not sure which vitamin, im pretty sure that its vitamin C or something, but its in orange slices, are supposed to make you trip harder when your on any kind of hallucinagen like acid or lsd. I was just curious, maybe im interpreting it wrong, anyone?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
La Eai Parach
05-21-2006, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious_Lee
any kind of hallucinagen like acid or lsd.

um, acid is lsd
Old 05-21-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
Level 2 - Poster

Re: "Calmed him down"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicarious_Lee
any kind of hallucinagen like acid or lsd.

um, acid is lsd
jack_flash's Avatar jack_flash
05-21-2006, 01:16 AM

I'm not sure exactly what the Vitamin C does, but I know in fear and loathing in las vegas that the attorney insists upon eating grapefruit 'for the vitamin C'. Gotta be some kind of effect the vitamin has that is related to drugs, or maybe its just referencing fear and loathing.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:16 AM   #3
red right hand (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 414

I'm not sure exactly what the Vitamin C does, but I know in fear and loathing in las vegas that the attorney insists upon eating grapefruit 'for the vitamin C'. Gotta be some kind of effect the vitamin has that is related to drugs, or maybe its just referencing fear and loathing.
05-21-2006, 02:59 AM

I always heard that vitamin c was good for come downs etc, weither there is any truth in this I dont know but guessing thats what its refering to.

IRember a rave I used to go to were they would hand out oranges when you were leaving, I dont think they really stopped people tripping there nuts of tho! :)
Old 05-21-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

I always heard that vitamin c was good for come downs etc, weither there is any truth in this I dont know but guessing thats what its refering to.

IRember a rave I used to go to were they would hand out oranges when you were leaving, I dont think they really stopped people tripping there nuts of tho! :)
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
05-21-2006, 05:00 AM

It's a fairly common reference, the whole "Vitamin C to help calm somebody down from their trip" thing. I don't know that it's literally been proven effective or not, but even the Woodstock movie makes mention of Orange slices being available at the first-aid tents so at the very least the reference has been around since the 60s, and I'm quite sure even longer than that.

What surprises me more is that so many people couldn't figure out "fetal spooning" at first. One of the few things in the early parts of the song that I heard clear as day on my first listen. That and "Holy fucking shit!" but mainly because I'm such a huge mark for vulgarity.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:00 AM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

It's a fairly common reference, the whole "Vitamin C to help calm somebody down from their trip" thing. I don't know that it's literally been proven effective or not, but even the Woodstock movie makes mention of Orange slices being available at the first-aid tents so at the very least the reference has been around since the 60s, and I'm quite sure even longer than that.

What surprises me more is that so many people couldn't figure out "fetal spooning" at first. One of the few things in the early parts of the song that I heard clear as day on my first listen. That and "Holy fucking shit!" but mainly because I'm such a huge mark for vulgarity.
JE Mack's Avatar JE Mack
05-21-2006, 06:18 AM

checked pubmed and it sounds like vitamin C could actually calm a person down if they take it before taking acid. dont know about taking it after or how much vitamin c it would take.

"Pretreatment with ascorbic acid (500 mg kg-1 i.p.) antagonized the behavioural effects of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and apomorphine, but not 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, in cats. The data support the hypothesis that these behavioural effects in cats are due to drug action at both 5-HT and dopamine receptors, and that the action of LSD at dopamine receptors is modulated by ascorbic acid."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum
Old 05-21-2006, 06:18 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 3972

checked pubmed and it sounds like vitamin C could actually calm a person down if they take it before taking acid. dont know about taking it after or how much vitamin c it would take.

"Pretreatment with ascorbic acid (500 mg kg-1 i.p.) antagonized the behavioural effects of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) and apomorphine, but not 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, in cats. The data support the hypothesis that these behavioural effects in cats are due to drug action at both 5-HT and dopamine receptors, and that the action of LSD at dopamine receptors is modulated by ascorbic acid."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...=pubmed_docsum

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply