Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 08. Rosetta Stoned
User Name
Password
theprosperone
04-29-2006, 08:24 PM

If you listen to Lost Keys first and actually pay attention to everything that is said, then crank up Rosseta Stone and catch as much as you can too. When I put the whole story together when I was finally able to hear the album loud enough to make out Lost Keys and the very start of Rosetta Stoned I cracked a big ole smile. :D
Old 04-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
This song makes so much more sense/impact if...

If you listen to Lost Keys first and actually pay attention to everything that is said, then crank up Rosseta Stone and catch as much as you can too. When I put the whole story together when I was finally able to hear the album loud enough to make out Lost Keys and the very start of Rosetta Stoned I cracked a big ole smile. :D
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
CaseLogic
05-01-2006, 01:11 PM

I think most people caught this connection by their second listen.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: This song makes so much more sense/impact if...

I think most people caught this connection by their second listen.
RosettaStoned's Avatar RosettaStoned
05-01-2006, 01:16 PM

Yes, I always listen to Lost Keys first. And by the way, that song was written for me.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Yes, I always listen to Lost Keys first. And by the way, that song was written for me.
piston390's Avatar piston390
05-01-2006, 01:39 PM

I made that connection right away on my first listen and I too cracked a big smile.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:39 PM   #4
Infinite Panda Ninjality

Bincount™: 333

I made that connection right away on my first listen and I too cracked a big smile.
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM

I could never make out what was said in lost keys until I was able to hear the album with some headphones completely undistracted. There are a lot of subtle things throughout the album which really stand out when you get it blaring loud.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I could never make out what was said in lost keys until I was able to hear the album with some headphones completely undistracted. There are a lot of subtle things throughout the album which really stand out when you get it blaring loud.
Sanzen
05-02-2006, 04:52 PM

Rosetta stoned does indeed kick about 4 times the amount of ass it'd normally kick on it's own...with Lost Keys in front...

Wow. That was a completely unnecessarily complex and confusing statement. Anyway,

THE DEVIL.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Rosetta stoned does indeed kick about 4 times the amount of ass it'd normally kick on it's own...with Lost Keys in front...

Wow. That was a completely unnecessarily complex and confusing statement. Anyway,

THE DEVIL.
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
05-02-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston390
me too, i actually chuckled when maynard (i assumed at the time) went.. 'okay, i'll tell you' or something to that effect, then it went into his chaotic rant.. I wish i wrote down word for word what i heard when high, because im ironically enough not able to hear it all that well sober.. I did hear something about someone (maynard) having an epiphany and writing it down for later. Funny stuff if you've ever been stoned out of your mind, or on lsd or something.

If you guys want, i'll get really baked and decipher the whole song for you..
Old 05-02-2006, 08:13 PM   #7
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by piston390
me too, i actually chuckled when maynard (i assumed at the time) went.. 'okay, i'll tell you' or something to that effect, then it went into his chaotic rant.. I wish i wrote down word for word what i heard when high, because im ironically enough not able to hear it all that well sober.. I did hear something about someone (maynard) having an epiphany and writing it down for later. Funny stuff if you've ever been stoned out of your mind, or on lsd or something.

05-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles

I'm sure that whatever you write down would be nothing short of genious.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #8
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 7297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles

I'm sure that whatever you write down would be nothing short of genious.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply