Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
selfimportanttoolfan
05-10-2006, 08:11 AM

lateralus and aenima are both better than this album.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Final Judgment

05-10-2006, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfimportanttoolfan
You know, that's such a tough call to make, especially this soon after its release! I love both Ænima and Lateralus but there is something about 10,000 days that is just so, I don't know..Raw I guess. The songs just stand out so much...maybe even more so in ways than any of their previous work. But that said, I'm not saying XMdays is better than the two previous mentioned, I just think it deserves it's place among them as being equal. Because honestly, I can't say that Ænima is better than Lateralus or vice versa because there are songs on both that I love and few on both that are just ok to me. The same goes for XMdays. And I could say the same for Undertow, however, on Undertow, there is hardly any song that I don't love.

So, bottom line, I think this thread is irrelevant because it's just way too soon imho to pass final judgement on XMdays. But with as many replies as this thread has, it looks like we're going to continue to waste our time posting to it.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfimportanttoolfan
You know, that's such a tough call to make, especially this soon after its release! I love both Ænima and Lateralus but there is something about 10,000 days that is just so, I don't know..Raw I guess. The songs just stand out so much...maybe even more so in ways than any of their previous work. But that said, I'm not saying XMdays is better than the two previous mentioned, I just think it deserves it's place among them as being equal. Because honestly, I can't say that Ænima is better than Lateralus or vice versa because there are songs on both that I love and few on both that are just ok to me. The same goes for XMdays. And I could say the same for Undertow, however, on Undertow, there is hardly any song that I don't love.

So, bottom line, I think this thread is irrelevant because it's just way too soon imho to pass final judgement on XMdays. But with as many replies as this thread has, it looks like we're going to continue to waste our time posting to it.
05-10-2006, 09:51 AM

I really like 10,000 days, but it cannot hold a candle to either aenima or lateralus. I popped in aenima the other day and was just blown away all over again, especially after hearing 10kd so much. It showed that every song doesn't have to be so damn long to be strong. Stinkfist, H., and 46&2 are more powerful than anything on 10k days (with the exception of the Wings saga, which IMO is tool's best work), then you have the epics eulogy, pushit (fucking incredible), aenima, & third eye. And I didn't even mention Jimmy. Just owns THE FUCK out of 10kd.

Lateralus is just in an entire league of its' own. Flawless, a masterpiece. Every lyric, note, chord, and beat has meaning. Timeless.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #43
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

I really like 10,000 days, but it cannot hold a candle to either aenima or lateralus. I popped in aenima the other day and was just blown away all over again, especially after hearing 10kd so much. It showed that every song doesn't have to be so damn long to be strong. Stinkfist, H., and 46&2 are more powerful than anything on 10k days (with the exception of the Wings saga, which IMO is tool's best work), then you have the epics eulogy, pushit (fucking incredible), aenima, & third eye. And I didn't even mention Jimmy. Just owns THE FUCK out of 10kd.

Lateralus is just in an entire league of its' own. Flawless, a masterpiece. Every lyric, note, chord, and beat has meaning. Timeless.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
evil agent's Avatar evil agent
05-10-2006, 10:20 AM

You just gave a good argument for why Aenima is the best album. And I agree with that.

But all you said about Lateralus was "flawless". Personally I think Aenima is the best, and right now I'm still trying to figure out if 10kd beats out Lateralus... And I think it well might.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #44
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

You just gave a good argument for why Aenima is the best album. And I agree with that.

But all you said about Lateralus was "flawless". Personally I think Aenima is the best, and right now I'm still trying to figure out if 10kd beats out Lateralus... And I think it well might.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply