Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-08-2006, 05:27 PM

There's already a thread commenting whether it's Aussie or British. I'm sure it's aussie. My question is, why aussie? Are there more UFO sightings and shit in Australia? Why did our chosen one end up down under? What the hell was he doing down there, singing with kangaroo rappers?

help?
Old 06-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310
Why the Australian accent?

There's already a thread commenting whether it's Aussie or British. I'm sure it's aussie. My question is, why aussie? Are there more UFO sightings and shit in Australia? Why did our chosen one end up down under? What the hell was he doing down there, singing with kangaroo rappers?

help?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ladycommish's Avatar ladycommish
06-08-2006, 06:01 PM

it's the only way to make the backwards audio sound like something?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698
Re: Why the Australian accent?

06-08-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish
*lol*

"Can you hear that?: 'Satan is Lord, Satan is Lord'; check it out! It's almost like he's in the room or something!"

Bill Hicks

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 06-08-2006 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: mispell
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycommish
*lol*

"Can you hear that?: 'Satan is Lord, Satan is Lord'; check it out! It's almost like he's in the room or something!"

Bill Hicks

Last edited by DON IOTAE; 06-08-2006 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: mispell
AsylumVT's Avatar AsylumVT
06-09-2006, 03:16 AM

once someone can prove it and let me hear it i will believe it. BUT. Until then i dont believe that. I dont believe anyone in Tool would go around saying satan is lord.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:16 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

once someone can prove it and let me hear it i will believe it. BUT. Until then i dont believe that. I dont believe anyone in Tool would go around saying satan is lord.
haloocyn
06-09-2006, 04:44 AM

get it reversed and hear it... see what u can make of it...
Old 06-09-2006, 04:44 AM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

get it reversed and hear it... see what u can make of it...
06-10-2006, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsylumVT
BILL HICKS said it, not Tool, or anyone "in Tool"... And besides, it's part of a joke that you obviously haven't heard of...
Old 06-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
Banned.

Quote:
BILL HICKS said it, not Tool, or anyone "in Tool"... And besides, it's part of a joke that you obviously haven't heard of...
HallsOfMandos's Avatar HallsOfMandos
06-10-2006, 02:09 PM

I can't hear LK anymore and keep a straight face...I keep expecting the doc to say 'What a beaut!' or 'Crikey.' Damn Crocodile Hunter...
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
Old 06-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

I can't hear LK anymore and keep a straight face...I keep expecting the doc to say 'What a beaut!' or 'Crikey.' Damn Crocodile Hunter...
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
swampyfool's Avatar swampyfool
06-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iota

help?
I don't know, the nurse doesn't seem to have the accent- just the doctor- so maybe its just an Australian doctor working in an American hospital. Blair's post about this song (on toolband) and the question of the narrator made a whole lot of mention of Area 51, so it would follow that this is probably a hospital in Nevada.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-10-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:

help?
I don't know, the nurse doesn't seem to have the accent- just the doctor- so maybe its just an Australian doctor working in an American hospital. Blair's post about this song (on toolband) and the question of the narrator made a whole lot of mention of Area 51, so it would follow that this is probably a hospital in Nevada.
But I'll pull through
06-11-2006, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuccessfullyPriedOpen
hmm...
Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
Banned.

Quote:
hmm...
JOK3R
06-11-2006, 01:58 PM

crikey
Old 06-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
On Probation

Bincount™: 2

crikey
06-11-2006, 02:29 PM

And neow, Ih'm gonna put me thumb up 'is butt'ole! WAGH! This is reelly gonna maike 'im mad!
But I'll pull through
Old 06-11-2006, 02:29 PM   #11
Ron Swampson

And neow, Ih'm gonna put me thumb up 'is butt'ole! WAGH! This is reelly gonna maike 'im mad!
But I'll pull through
Artistic Sickness's Avatar Artistic Sickness
06-11-2006, 07:40 PM

oh cartman..
Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

oh cartman..
06-11-2006, 08:14 PM

Old 06-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #13
Evtes

Bincount™: 4712

06-12-2006, 07:13 AM

Weird.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:13 AM   #14
Banned.

Weird.
06-12-2006, 03:41 PM

The Bush part is way better than the Steve Erwin part.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #15
Ron Swampson

The Bush part is way better than the Steve Erwin part.
But I'll pull through
smeefsmeef's Avatar smeefsmeef
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM

Because Australian accents are soothing and sound cool, mate.
Old 06-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #16
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6

06-12-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
kinda like (-)ions?

It is amusing and relaxing to hear Aussie accent...
Old 06-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeefsmeef
kinda like (-)ions?

It is amusing and relaxing to hear Aussie accent...
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM

I once sprained my ankle in Barcelona. There was an australian physical therapist named Bernie staying in my hostel, so he was giving me advice on how to treat it, and I suppose that his accent was soothing. I told him that in America we have commercials that say, "Foster's: Australian for beer!" He really found that to be quite a hoot.

There were also these Aussie girls there, and they came over to us while we were passing around the guitar and (in all seriousness) asked us if we knew any Brittney Spears. Their accents were not soothing; they actually kinda reminded me of harpies chewing on glass. Niether here nor there, I suppose.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-12-2006, 09:42 PM   #18
Ron Swampson

I once sprained my ankle in Barcelona. There was an australian physical therapist named Bernie staying in my hostel, so he was giving me advice on how to treat it, and I suppose that his accent was soothing. I told him that in America we have commercials that say, "Foster's: Australian for beer!" He really found that to be quite a hoot.

There were also these Aussie girls there, and they came over to us while we were passing around the guitar and (in all seriousness) asked us if we knew any Brittney Spears. Their accents were not soothing; they actually kinda reminded me of harpies chewing on glass. Niether here nor there, I suppose.
But I'll pull through
06-13-2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:

jus ach'n fur a geetar over ma head, ya'll. ' "hit me baby one more time" springs to mind.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 AM   #19
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:

jus ach'n fur a geetar over ma head, ya'll. ' "hit me baby one more time" springs to mind.
06-13-2006, 06:04 AM

Quote:

*lol*

The Fosters beer ad campaign is hilarious.

I sprained my ankle once, but my therapist was Costa Rican. Oh well, you can't hit it every time!
Old 06-13-2006, 06:04 AM   #20
Banned.

Quote:

*lol*

The Fosters beer ad campaign is hilarious.

I sprained my ankle once, but my therapist was Costa Rican. Oh well, you can't hit it every time!
06-13-2006, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110464
That's actually what they requested. They said, "Wey knowe that this is awll veery deep, but d'you knowe anything boi Brittney Speeears? Y'knowe, liahke "'It Me Bayby Won Moare Tiahme?"

Harpies chewing on glass, people.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
Ron Swampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 110464
That's actually what they requested. They said, "Wey knowe that this is awll veery deep, but d'you knowe anything boi Brittney Speeears? Y'knowe, liahke "'It Me Bayby Won Moare Tiahme?"

Harpies chewing on glass, people.
But I'll pull through
06-13-2006, 07:39 AM

*lol*
Old 06-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #22
Banned.

*lol*
orangedarkblue's Avatar orangedarkblue
06-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
By crikey. Reminds me of these two completely serious scottish girls, I once was fortunate enough to witness, during their 7 minute rendition of 'Isn't it ironic' on a not-so-well-tuned spanish guitar. This happened in a flat the sirens were sharing, in an appartment building somewhere in Glasgow, that in full daylight turned out to look eerily similar to the one in that Aphex twin video, 'come to daddy' I think. What was that Hicks quote again that ended with the weather?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

Quote:
By crikey. Reminds me of these two completely serious scottish girls, I once was fortunate enough to witness, during their 7 minute rendition of 'Isn't it ironic' on a not-so-well-tuned spanish guitar. This happened in a flat the sirens were sharing, in an appartment building somewhere in Glasgow, that in full daylight turned out to look eerily similar to the one in that Aphex twin video, 'come to daddy' I think. What was that Hicks quote again that ended with the weather?
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM

"A positive LSD story: A young man on acid realizes that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
Old 06-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #24
Banned.

"A positive LSD story: A young man on acid realizes that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
inSin's Avatar inSin
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setve
Old 06-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
alley otis
06-13-2006, 05:05 PM

succesfuly pried open that was funny as.

some austalians accents are more servere than others i imagine it's like comparing american people from the south al la "cletus" or someone from the north

P.S down here foster's is like one of the least popular australian beers. but for some reson american tourists allways want it when they're down here.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #26
Level 2 - Poster

some austalians accents are more servere than others i imagine it's like comparing american people from the south al la "cletus" or someone from the north

P.S down here foster's is like one of the least popular australian beers. but for some reson american tourists allways want it when they're down here.
06-13-2006, 06:04 PM

I know, it's so stupid. It's like the coffee down here. We hardly ever drink the one we export.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:04 PM   #27
Banned.

I know, it's so stupid. It's like the coffee down here. We hardly ever drink the one we export.
06-13-2006, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley otis

You know, in all seriousness, it wasn't so much the accent that minds me of harpies chewing glass as much as what was being suggested- my half-assed attempt at phoeneticising the Australian accent aside.

And yes, Foster's is Australian for butt wiper- er, Budweiser- except that Americans actually drink butt wiper.
But I'll pull through
Old 06-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #28
Ron Swampson

Quote:
Originally Posted by alley otis

You know, in all seriousness, it wasn't so much the accent that minds me of harpies chewing glass as much as what was being suggested- my half-assed attempt at phoeneticising the Australian accent aside.

And yes, Foster's is Australian for butt wiper- er, Budweiser- except that Americans actually drink butt wiper.
But I'll pull through
Oddman's Avatar Oddman
06-14-2006, 07:37 AM

haha, i was thinking the same thing when i heard the cd. thought it was kinda cool, but ya, why? I think it may just be to add something alittle different to the record, just alittle variety. For me it kinda makes it sound more realistic and normal and sucks me in more...

Also Aley otis is right, withinone country there are so many variations of the accent that they can hardly be compared. I have a relitively mild accent compared to some people around here. I think it does have alittle to do with the north and the sounth though.. Some aussie accents are abit rough (although normal for us), while some are not that hard edged. Its kinda wierd analysing the way i speak as being "different" though..
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

haha, i was thinking the same thing when i heard the cd. thought it was kinda cool, but ya, why? I think it may just be to add something alittle different to the record, just alittle variety. For me it kinda makes it sound more realistic and normal and sucks me in more...

Also Aley otis is right, withinone country there are so many variations of the accent that they can hardly be compared. I have a relitively mild accent compared to some people around here. I think it does have alittle to do with the north and the sounth though.. Some aussie accents are abit rough (although normal for us), while some are not that hard edged. Its kinda wierd analysing the way i speak as being "different" though..
06-14-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:

Ha! *lol*

and wtf is up with those beer tasting commercials, where they actually get people to compare tastes? I mean, I know that certain beers taste different, but that taste comparison is ridiculous. Just go with the one you want. Like, I wouldn't drink a beer because a TV commercial tells me it tastes better: how the fuck do they know what a good tasting beer is for me?

And that reminds me of the time Bill Hicks went to watch "Basic Instinct".
Old 06-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #30
Banned.

Quote:

Ha! *lol*

and wtf is up with those beer tasting commercials, where they actually get people to compare tastes? I mean, I know that certain beers taste different, but that taste comparison is ridiculous. Just go with the one you want. Like, I wouldn't drink a beer because a TV commercial tells me it tastes better: how the fuck do they know what a good tasting beer is for me?

And that reminds me of the time Bill Hicks went to watch "Basic Instinct".
08-04-2006, 01:41 PM

Quote:
that's crikey, mate! I'm sorry I see it 'til now, it's fuckin funny. The imitator is fuckin awesome.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #31
Banned.

Quote:
that's crikey, mate! I'm sorry I see it 'til now, it's fuckin funny. The imitator is fuckin awesome.
Louis_116206
08-13-2006, 11:50 AM

i dont think the australlian accent has anything to do with it and if it does its way to implicit for the majority to notice.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #32
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

i dont think the australlian accent has anything to do with it and if it does its way to implicit for the majority to notice.
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM

Well, I'm aussie with watson as my last name....now I just have to become a doctor and I'm on a tool album! sweet!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #33
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, I'm aussie with watson as my last name....now I just have to become a doctor and I'm on a tool album! sweet!
08-17-2006, 05:06 AM

*lol*

tell us dr watson, wtf are you doin in there??
Old 08-17-2006, 05:06 AM   #34
Banned.

*lol*

tell us dr watson, wtf are you doin in there??
mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:45 AM

australian accent is freaking sexy.... love aussie girls talking
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 AM   #35
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

australian accent is freaking sexy.... love aussie girls talking
08-17-2006, 07:48 AM

i love 'em whining...

(never experienced that, actually...)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #36
Banned.

i love 'em whining...

mr. nikki jensen's Avatar mr. nikki jensen
08-17-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
i love 'em whining...

well, it was good for a giggle anyway right?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #37
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

Quote:
i love 'em whining...

well, it was good for a giggle anyway right?
08-17-2006, 05:16 PM

i know an aussie chick. shes hot. has an american accent tho.

WTF
Old 08-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #38
Banned.

i know an aussie chick. shes hot. has an american accent tho.

WTF
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-18-2006, 08:19 AM

Quote:

that was a bill hicks quote, he did the satan voice and everything. "suck satans cock" *snort*
Old 08-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #39
On Probation

Bincount™: 26

Quote:

that was a bill hicks quote, he did the satan voice and everything. "suck satans cock" *snort*
IcaLynn's Avatar IcaLynn
08-18-2006, 08:21 AM

Quote:
bahahaha

fuckin sick-o's...i love it
Old 08-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #40
On Probation

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
bahahaha

fuckin sick-o's...i love it

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply