Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 07. Lost Keys
User Name
Password
pivotal digit's Avatar pivotal digit
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM

check out Aldous huxley "The doors of perception & Heaven and Hell", it's his experiences as atest subject for lsd. Can you handle the truth? if not don't do acid...my truth is different from others but the truth about God and connectivity and the illusion of man's seperation from the universal rythym of life in the realm of mass/sub conscience mind, it was hard for me to refocus and prioritize , I basicaly became a bongo beating hippie haha, it's true
Old 05-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #41
Banned.

Bincount™: 41
Re: Dr. Hoffman

check out Aldous huxley "The doors of perception & Heaven and Hell", it's his experiences as atest subject for lsd. Can you handle the truth? if not don't do acid...my truth is different from others but the truth about God and connectivity and the illusion of man's seperation from the universal rythym of life in the realm of mass/sub conscience mind, it was hard for me to refocus and prioritize , I basicaly became a bongo beating hippie haha, it's true
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
scummonk's Avatar scummonk
05-02-2006, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiotica
syd barrett of pink floyd took too much LSD and went over the edge... could be about him - SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND!!!
Lol.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
syd barrett of pink floyd took too much LSD and went over the edge... could be about him - SHINE ON U CRAZY DIAMOND!!!
Lol.
05-02-2006, 05:28 PM

most of the "LSD trips" you guys ahve been describing are fucking bullshit, most LSD won't give you full on visuals unless you ingest at least 4 hits, and even then it really depends on the strength of the drug itself, ive taken more than 4 hits of lsd-25 before and never saw a fucking 2 foot tall gnome
Old 05-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #43
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

most of the "LSD trips" you guys ahve been describing are fucking bullshit, most LSD won't give you full on visuals unless you ingest at least 4 hits, and even then it really depends on the strength of the drug itself, ive taken more than 4 hits of lsd-25 before and never saw a fucking 2 foot tall gnome
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-02-2006, 05:35 PM

the drug doesn't work the same on everybody, and every batch is different.. saying "4 hits" doesn't really mean anything because it's about how many micrograms are in the hit, and that can vary wildly.. if a person is particularly visual (say a painter or someone who makes any visual art) then they will probably be *much* more likely to have vivid "hallucinations" from acid, even though it is not a hallucinogen in the strictest sense.

i've never had full on hallucinations from acid either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #44
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

the drug doesn't work the same on everybody, and every batch is different.. saying "4 hits" doesn't really mean anything because it's about how many micrograms are in the hit, and that can vary wildly.. if a person is particularly visual (say a painter or someone who makes any visual art) then they will probably be *much* more likely to have vivid "hallucinations" from acid, even though it is not a hallucinogen in the strictest sense.

i've never had full on hallucinations from acid either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
05-02-2006, 05:39 PM

i know i know, ive actually had really vivid visuals on small amounts, but christ i never saw a form i've seen in reality, let alone been able to keep it in my line of sight and interact with it

ps. i am a painter
Old 05-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #45
Level 1 - Lurker

i know i know, ive actually had really vivid visuals on small amounts, but christ i never saw a form i've seen in reality, let alone been able to keep it in my line of sight and interact with it

ps. i am a painter
piss
05-02-2006, 05:41 PM

ps. if ya'll wanna "get closer to tool" try DMT
Old 05-02-2006, 05:41 PM   #46
Level 1 - Lurker

ps. if ya'll wanna "get closer to tool" try DMT
GibbsFreeEnergy
05-02-2006, 09:15 PM

LSD inebration can most certainly cause strong visual hallucinations but alas it all depends on the purity of the drug being taken. As for pure LSD 25, a 300 microgram dose (that's 10^-6 grams) would tear your world apart. The 25 is not actually a part of the chemical formula for LSD as I have mentioned in another post. The only way to get pure LSD these days is either by gas chromatography (Verification method) or by synthesizing it yourself which would require a fairly complex laboratory. Another problem with street LSD is the fact that many people who deal with it do not know how to properly handle it as LSD is a very fragile molecule (Essentially the energy of the final product is not far off from the reactants... making it fragile). Much of the molecule could become destroyed, or worse, dangerous to your health in the chain of people it takes to get to you. Anyone with chemistry knowledge would know how to handle this but most don't.

On a side note, Huxley's book "The Doors of Perception" focuses on Mescaline Sulfate usage and not LSD. "Heaven and Hell" is a book on the imagery of artwork and supposedly has some vague LSD influences. Peace,
Mike

Excuse me for being stoned.... word edit :)
Old 05-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

LSD inebration can most certainly cause strong visual hallucinations but alas it all depends on the purity of the drug being taken. As for pure LSD 25, a 300 microgram dose (that's 10^-6 grams) would tear your world apart. The 25 is not actually a part of the chemical formula for LSD as I have mentioned in another post. The only way to get pure LSD these days is either by gas chromatography (Verification method) or by synthesizing it yourself which would require a fairly complex laboratory. Another problem with street LSD is the fact that many people who deal with it do not know how to properly handle it as LSD is a very fragile molecule (Essentially the energy of the final product is not far off from the reactants... making it fragile). Much of the molecule could become destroyed, or worse, dangerous to your health in the chain of people it takes to get to you. Anyone with chemistry knowledge would know how to handle this but most don't.

On a side note, Huxley's book "The Doors of Perception" focuses on Mescaline Sulfate usage and not LSD. "Heaven and Hell" is a book on the imagery of artwork and supposedly has some vague LSD influences. Peace,
Mike

Excuse me for being stoned.... word edit :)
Ashes-TO-Ashes's Avatar Ashes-TO-Ashes
05-03-2006, 04:19 PM

Delta G Standard...

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
Old 05-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #48
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1864

Delta G Standard...

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
jroget803
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM

Just to clear a few things up and also to throw out a few of my own ideas...(and also to pop my posting cherry....long time Tool fan...but not a fan of forums usually) Albert Hofmann is most likely the person that is referred to as the one to blame. Now, why would someone blame him for losing their keys? Well, if we look at the dialogue in Lost Keys, we see that the patient in Rosetta Stoned does not have ID, and is likely deep in a psychotic LSD trip. The whole no physical symptoms idea is actually documented by Albert Hofmann himself here http://www.flashback.se/archive/my_problem_child/ After the self-experimentation that he did, a doctor came and did not see any physical problems (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) but Dr. Hofmann had a serious feeling of psychosis. So, maybe he lost his keys (ID?) or his mind due to Dr. Hofmann's "problem child", as he refers to it.
Now, let's consider the lyrics of Rosetta Stone a little bit. He says that he was chosen by an alien race to tell people what was going to happen, making him a hero. However, he has forgotten this inside of his developing psychosis. This could also be the key that he lost. He even makes mention of this being a repeat occurance. Now, if this has happened more than once through just one dose of LSD, then one would have to consider that he is correct, and that he is never going to come out of this trip. Also, the whole alien/hallucinagenics (sp) combination is something that Bill Hicks touched on in his routine saying that while tripping he met aliens that took him on their ship and told him that we were all one....sound familiar at all?
Also, I don't think there's any evidence to say that this was all an experiment gone wrong. The aforementioned link also details all of the animal and human experiments done with LSD-25. Also...to clear this up, there is an LSD-6 and an LSD-1 and so on. It was a numbering system used in the laboratory. LSD = Lyserg-saure-diathylamid (german for lysergic acid diethylamid) and the number refers to the product that was synthesized (just for the record, i'm a chemist and this type of numbering system is not unusual).
That's all i got for now...
Old 05-05-2006, 07:23 PM   #49
Level 1 - Lurker

Just to clear a few things up and also to throw out a few of my own ideas...(and also to pop my posting cherry....long time Tool fan...but not a fan of forums usually) Albert Hofmann is most likely the person that is referred to as the one to blame. Now, why would someone blame him for losing their keys? Well, if we look at the dialogue in Lost Keys, we see that the patient in Rosetta Stoned does not have ID, and is likely deep in a psychotic LSD trip. The whole no physical symptoms idea is actually documented by Albert Hofmann himself here http://www.flashback.se/archive/my_problem_child/ After the self-experimentation that he did, a doctor came and did not see any physical problems (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) but Dr. Hofmann had a serious feeling of psychosis. So, maybe he lost his keys (ID?) or his mind due to Dr. Hofmann's "problem child", as he refers to it.
Now, let's consider the lyrics of Rosetta Stone a little bit. He says that he was chosen by an alien race to tell people what was going to happen, making him a hero. However, he has forgotten this inside of his developing psychosis. This could also be the key that he lost. He even makes mention of this being a repeat occurance. Now, if this has happened more than once through just one dose of LSD, then one would have to consider that he is correct, and that he is never going to come out of this trip. Also, the whole alien/hallucinagenics (sp) combination is something that Bill Hicks touched on in his routine saying that while tripping he met aliens that took him on their ship and told him that we were all one....sound familiar at all?
Also, I don't think there's any evidence to say that this was all an experiment gone wrong. The aforementioned link also details all of the animal and human experiments done with LSD-25. Also...to clear this up, there is an LSD-6 and an LSD-1 and so on. It was a numbering system used in the laboratory. LSD = Lyserg-saure-diathylamid (german for lysergic acid diethylamid) and the number refers to the product that was synthesized (just for the record, i'm a chemist and this type of numbering system is not unusual).
That's all i got for now...
escapeme
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahaya the Dude
yeah... the orange juice does nothing
Unless you are already in a bad trip and then you faint (and being Hypoglycemic) so your husband gives you oj and you hear someone in the background say "but won't orange juice make her trip harder?" It was all down hill after that. The power of suggestion! Funny thing is the good ones make you feel like you are a genius and the bad ones scare the living shit out of you so much you realize you're not even close. It was a last for me.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahaya the Dude
yeah... the orange juice does nothing
Unless you are already in a bad trip and then you faint (and being Hypoglycemic) so your husband gives you oj and you hear someone in the background say "but won't orange juice make her trip harder?" It was all down hill after that. The power of suggestion! Funny thing is the good ones make you feel like you are a genius and the bad ones scare the living shit out of you so much you realize you're not even close. It was a last for me.
05-05-2006, 11:15 PM

go to toolband.com, and look at the january newsletter. i think that this may help explain what this song represents...
Old 05-05-2006, 11:15 PM   #51
Level 3 - Talker

go to toolband.com, and look at the january newsletter. i think that this may help explain what this song represents...
Alucard II
05-06-2006, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
Ok, back when LSD was first synthesized, they would conduct controlled experiments with LSD.
at first i thought the complete Lost Keys/Rosetta track might be connected to the MK Ultra experiments, but i'm not sure, doesnt seem to that sinister.

Last edited by Alucard II; 05-06-2006 at 04:47 AM..
Old 05-06-2006, 04:44 AM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate-dogg21
Ok, back when LSD was first synthesized, they would conduct controlled experiments with LSD.
at first i thought the complete Lost Keys/Rosetta track might be connected to the MK Ultra experiments, but i'm not sure, doesnt seem to that sinister.

Last edited by Alucard II; 05-06-2006 at 04:47 AM..
Dashel
05-06-2006, 01:18 PM

Quote:
back on topic: bad trips are par for the course.. if you're not ready to have your world crumble utterly, it's probably best not to dabble in lsd. ;)
Just hold on maannn. :D
Old 05-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #53
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
back on topic: bad trips are par for the course.. if you're not ready to have your world crumble utterly, it's probably best not to dabble in lsd. ;)
Just hold on maannn. :D
be_patient's Avatar be_patient
05-08-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
yeah but wasn't syd schizophrenic anyways. i always thought he was... and then i guess the lsd would't really help ey?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:13 PM   #54
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
yeah but wasn't syd schizophrenic anyways. i always thought he was... and then i guess the lsd would't really help ey?
05-08-2006, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender59

I think its really wierd how hard people exagerate the effects of LSD. I mean yea its a drug, but its not a ticket to wonderland, I mean, all thoughts and reason are not completely lost. I guess thats proof that nixon won the drug war, when I hear stories of attempting to swim on cement, Im sorry, just doesnt happen in the real world, thats just the movies....

Take enough and the stories people are telling aren't exagerrated. They might not be real but they are not exagerrated. Shut up about Nixon.. you're talking out your ass. Hey lets go swimming on the sidewalk!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:10 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender59

I think its really wierd how hard people exagerate the effects of LSD. I mean yea its a drug, but its not a ticket to wonderland, I mean, all thoughts and reason are not completely lost. I guess thats proof that nixon won the drug war, when I hear stories of attempting to swim on cement, Im sorry, just doesnt happen in the real world, thats just the movies....

Take enough and the stories people are telling aren't exagerrated. They might not be real but they are not exagerrated. Shut up about Nixon.. you're talking out your ass. Hey lets go swimming on the sidewalk!
05-09-2006, 11:27 PM

how about, hoffman made acid, this person dropped acid, lost his mind(keys, keys to life) and it's hoffmans fault
Old 05-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #56
Level 3 - Talker

how about, hoffman made acid, this person dropped acid, lost his mind(keys, keys to life) and it's hoffmans fault
ZeroPointEther's Avatar ZeroPointEther
05-10-2006, 01:28 AM

I saw this video last year of military testing (nothing top secret, more something pretty amateuristic) where they gave a few soldiers and their commandors LSD. After that they had to do a drill in the field. After a while they couldn't even locate their base camp in plain sight 300m away. And instead of sneeking up to people they were just standing right up, talking loudly and laughing like stoners. It was a pretty hilarious sight and it looked like the real deal. PM if anyone knows of this video and where to get it cuz I forgot.

to get back on topic :

imo the song is just the story of their friend Dave who went to area51 to camp. He started tripping really bad, shit the bed and ended up with a psychosis in the hospital. something similar happened to a relative of mine, years ago, after eating shrooms repeatedly and going bad time and time again. They had him strapped down and all that shit and he still isn't ok as we speak.

Last edited by ZeroPointEther; 05-10-2006 at 01:33 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #57
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132

I saw this video last year of military testing (nothing top secret, more something pretty amateuristic) where they gave a few soldiers and their commandors LSD. After that they had to do a drill in the field. After a while they couldn't even locate their base camp in plain sight 300m away. And instead of sneeking up to people they were just standing right up, talking loudly and laughing like stoners. It was a pretty hilarious sight and it looked like the real deal. PM if anyone knows of this video and where to get it cuz I forgot.

to get back on topic :

imo the song is just the story of their friend Dave who went to area51 to camp. He started tripping really bad, shit the bed and ended up with a psychosis in the hospital. something similar happened to a relative of mine, years ago, after eating shrooms repeatedly and going bad time and time again. They had him strapped down and all that shit and he still isn't ok as we speak.

Last edited by ZeroPointEther; 05-10-2006 at 01:33 AM..
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
05-10-2006, 11:25 PM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...194&q=lsd+army

there's a video of an lsd experiment.. says it's of nazis, but the first time i saw it it claimed to be of british troops, so i dunno..

and here's one of american troops (i think)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...412&q=lsd+army
Old 05-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #58
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

there's a video of an lsd experiment.. says it's of nazis, but the first time i saw it it claimed to be of british troops, so i dunno..

and here's one of american troops (i think)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...412&q=lsd+army
05-11-2006, 02:12 AM

supposedly people that have been on DMT have claimed to have 'been abducted' and spoken to these 'beings' (this reinforces the supposed interdimensional aspect from Faaip, and he's seeing into the other realm?). Anyway, they claim to have been abducted and spoken to, even though the people that observed them said they never left the building.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 AM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

supposedly people that have been on DMT have claimed to have 'been abducted' and spoken to these 'beings' (this reinforces the supposed interdimensional aspect from Faaip, and he's seeing into the other realm?). Anyway, they claim to have been abducted and spoken to, even though the people that observed them said they never left the building.
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmaroon
ET TESTS ON D?
Extraterrestrial tests on Dave?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmaroon
ET TESTS ON D?
Extraterrestrial tests on Dave?
Opiate_Mass's Avatar Opiate_Mass
05-11-2006, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piss
but DMT can
Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by piss
but DMT can
ZeroPointEther's Avatar ZeroPointEther
05-11-2006, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

[/url]
Haha that's the one. Thanks !

I also thought they were British the first time I saw it. They don't look like nazis.
They should have send these guys to Iraq. At least we could have had a laugh then.

Last edited by ZeroPointEther; 05-11-2006 at 03:14 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 03:12 AM   #62
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth

[/url]
Haha that's the one. Thanks !

I also thought they were British the first time I saw it. They don't look like nazis.
They should have send these guys to Iraq. At least we could have had a laugh then.

Last edited by ZeroPointEther; 05-11-2006 at 03:14 AM..
escapeme
05-12-2006, 07:43 AM

Its not that the stories are exaggerated or 'bullshit' (although there may be some that do this just for the 'attention') but all in all these things can happen. I tripped on LSD to many times to count back in my day and even though the majority of them consisted of trails as far as visuals go there were the times when I outright saw things that were not there or where there but a very exaggerated version of the object. Ive watched my nose gush blood and then wipe it on my pants, dancing animals, the paint on the walls melt, ceiling drip like rain (that was after drinking shroom tea) and after taking 7 hits of sunshine acid we all sat there unable to even talk to each other let alone understand each other. So, it can happen. I not only have no doubt I have been there done that!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:43 AM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Its not that the stories are exaggerated or 'bullshit' (although there may be some that do this just for the 'attention') but all in all these things can happen. I tripped on LSD to many times to count back in my day and even though the majority of them consisted of trails as far as visuals go there were the times when I outright saw things that were not there or where there but a very exaggerated version of the object. Ive watched my nose gush blood and then wipe it on my pants, dancing animals, the paint on the walls melt, ceiling drip like rain (that was after drinking shroom tea) and after taking 7 hits of sunshine acid we all sat there unable to even talk to each other let alone understand each other. So, it can happen. I not only have no doubt I have been there done that!
05-12-2006, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapeme
neat-o!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:54 AM   #64

Bincount™: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapeme
neat-o!
Juanjay
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Syd was gone long before the LSD he was already schizophrenic according to what RW has said. The LSD just fucked it up even more.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:47 AM   #65
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Syd was gone long before the LSD he was already schizophrenic according to what RW has said. The LSD just fucked it up even more.
Juanjay
05-12-2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate_Mass
but DMT can
Indeed DMT is insane.

LSD on the other hand... In my LSD experiences though I've never seen anything appear out of no where I have seen tracers, and watched walls melt, floors move and shit like that.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #66
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate_Mass
but DMT can
Indeed DMT is insane.

LSD on the other hand... In my LSD experiences though I've never seen anything appear out of no where I have seen tracers, and watched walls melt, floors move and shit like that.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply