Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Okay, the reason I am here is to find out about the second CD that I got in my new 10 000 Days Package. See, I opened it up, and VOILA: there were two identical looking CDs in there! I only listened to the first song on one CD, and with second CD's first song being the same as the first CD's first song, I just assumed that all the songs would be the same, and only listened to the second one. I will listen to them both in a row right after I post this, but I wanted to know if anyone else got two CDs in one package. I started researching the web, and found rumours of a "decoy" album or something, but I don't know. Any ideas? Anyone?
Thank you and Peace.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:27 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Two CDs That are Identical in the Same Package?

Okay, the reason I am here is to find out about the second CD that I got in my new 10 000 Days Package. See, I opened it up, and VOILA: there were two identical looking CDs in there! I only listened to the first song on one CD, and with second CD's first song being the same as the first CD's first song, I just assumed that all the songs would be the same, and only listened to the second one. I will listen to them both in a row right after I post this, but I wanted to know if anyone else got two CDs in one package. I started researching the web, and found rumours of a "decoy" album or something, but I don't know. Any ideas? Anyone?
Thank you and Peace.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM

is this guy full of shit?
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Two CDs That are Identical in the Same Package?

is this guy full of shit?
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
07-13-2006, 07:33 PM

It happens once in a while. Nothing special.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

It happens once in a while. Nothing special.
awaking's Avatar awaking
07-13-2006, 07:43 PM

You found the golden ticket charlie!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 83

You found the golden ticket charlie!
07-13-2006, 07:49 PM

"is this guy full of shit?"
yes. i am full of shit. but i really did find two cds in one package. (and im not a guy)

Last edited by avatarofhope; 07-13-2006 at 07:52 PM..
Old 07-13-2006, 07:49 PM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

"is this guy full of shit?"
yes. i am full of shit. but i really did find two cds in one package. (and im not a guy)

Last edited by avatarofhope; 07-13-2006 at 07:52 PM..
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
07-13-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatarofhope
yes. i am full of shit. but i really did find two cds in one package.
You just boght the CD?? You must be full of shit.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 07-13-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
yes. i am full of shit. but i really did find two cds in one package.
You just boght the CD?? You must be full of shit.
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM

why do you have to put me down?

I can't understand what makes a man hate another man. Help me understand.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

oneredflag's Avatar oneredflag
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM

two copies for the price of one - ScorE

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:03 PM   #8
Flying in the wind (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 1282

two copies for the price of one - ScorE

TDN is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
07-13-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:

When the other man lies.
-DXH
Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #9
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:

When the other man lies.
-DXH
collapsed shell's Avatar collapsed shell
07-13-2006, 08:18 PM

yeah i don't think this "person" is full of shit. they are just claming they got to cds (the same cd) which could of course happen.

consider yourself lucky to have the nice backup cd. for as much as i listen to my tool cds i've bought them all several times (not yet xmdays).

however you have not uncovered a decoy album or a new album or anything. which i am sure you realise and to anyone who treats like your retarded for you post they are of coure the ladder.
riddle me this. once i was prominently displayed for all to see . I made many a man question his true desires. now however i am most likely packed away. However i could be a nice money maker for those who love to squeeze fake things. who or what am I?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 31

yeah i don't think this "person" is full of shit. they are just claming they got to cds (the same cd) which could of course happen.

consider yourself lucky to have the nice backup cd. for as much as i listen to my tool cds i've bought them all several times (not yet xmdays).

however you have not uncovered a decoy album or a new album or anything. which i am sure you realise and to anyone who treats like your retarded for you post they are of coure the ladder.
riddle me this. once i was prominently displayed for all to see . I made many a man question his true desires. now however i am most likely packed away. However i could be a nice money maker for those who love to squeeze fake things. who or what am I?
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
07-13-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:

but you're a chick. So don't worry about it.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:

but you're a chick. So don't worry about it.
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Wait, I know this lyric - Depeche Mode: People are People - answer is in the song title - new wave English writing at work, my friends
Old 07-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
in the fade

Bincount™: 36

Quote:

Wait, I know this lyric - Depeche Mode: People are People - answer is in the song title - new wave English writing at work, my friends
æmoeba•°·.'s Avatar æmoeba•°·.
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM

•°Interesting, enough, if it "is" true. I won't doubt you, only for the fact that I've recieved Ænima this way, as well, although, this was a long while back, (obviously). Take care.

-Andrew
Old 07-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 9

•°Interesting, enough, if it "is" true. I won't doubt you, only for the fact that I've recieved Ænima this way, as well, although, this was a long while back, (obviously). Take care.

-Andrew
rembrandt_q_einstein's Avatar rembrandt_q_einstein
07-13-2006, 09:13 PM

wait... youre a chick? what are you wearing?... just fucking with you... way to get two cd's... i wish that shit happened to me
Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 122

wait... youre a chick? what are you wearing?... just fucking with you... way to get two cd's... i wish that shit happened to me
07-13-2006, 10:40 PM

that sounds wierd. but sometimes those people at the Cd markets doesn't understand a thing. back in 2005 i bought a cd, but in my mistake i made a double order because my computer sucked at this time. then i got 2 copys of the same cd, but i only payed for one. then it was like "thank you CDon.com!"
Old 07-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 4277

that sounds wierd. but sometimes those people at the Cd markets doesn't understand a thing. back in 2005 i bought a cd, but in my mistake i made a double order because my computer sucked at this time. then i got 2 copys of the same cd, but i only payed for one. then it was like "thank you CDon.com!"
Chalingo
07-14-2006, 12:26 PM

that happened to me when I bought the beatles white album, it had two disc 1's. So I took it back and girl at the store thought that I was crazy but she eventually gave me a new one. But it would be sweet to get two copies of any tool cd, because you know they are gonna get worn out, I wish Salival had come with two copies, thats an expensive one to replace.

Last edited by Chalingo; 07-14-2006 at 12:28 PM..
Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

that happened to me when I bought the beatles white album, it had two disc 1's. So I took it back and girl at the store thought that I was crazy but she eventually gave me a new one. But it would be sweet to get two copies of any tool cd, because you know they are gonna get worn out, I wish Salival had come with two copies, thats an expensive one to replace.

Last edited by Chalingo; 07-14-2006 at 12:28 PM..
LetGoLetgoLetGo's Avatar LetGoLetgoLetGo
07-14-2006, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalingo
But it would be sweet to get two copies of any tool cd, because you know they are gonna get worn out
CD-R and DVD-R my friend. Check it out. Its the new wave of cutting edge technology.

JK.

I back up all new cds on my hard drive and make at least one hard copy.
My 10000 Days cd sits safely in that poorly made sleeve, and has only been taken out twice. Once when I made the purchase, and once when I ripped it to my laptop.

BTW, when I say "poorly made sleeve", I mean JUST the sleeve. I LOVE The rest of the art. But, still I try not to play with it too much. Wear and tear sucks.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #17
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalingo
But it would be sweet to get two copies of any tool cd, because you know they are gonna get worn out
CD-R and DVD-R my friend. Check it out. Its the new wave of cutting edge technology.

JK.

I back up all new cds on my hard drive and make at least one hard copy.
My 10000 Days cd sits safely in that poorly made sleeve, and has only been taken out twice. Once when I made the purchase, and once when I ripped it to my laptop.

BTW, when I say "poorly made sleeve", I mean JUST the sleeve. I LOVE The rest of the art. But, still I try not to play with it too much. Wear and tear sucks.
UFOtofu's Avatar UFOtofu
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Thank you and Peace.
You lucky dog, you!

When there was (and probably still is) a lot of arguing going on about what the lyrics are on this album, I was one to think that perhaps Tool messed with the fan base by putting out albums that had different lyrics on them. Nothing major, but little subtle differences that would be enough to make folks (especially the ones on this site) argue until they're blue in the face. Production wise it'd be easy. You only need different vocal tracks. Then you make a million of one and a million of the other and send them all out to distributors and watch the pebbles fly. In this bizarre scenario I've painted, It'd be really cool if you got one of each, huh?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #18

Bincount™: 24

Quote:
Thank you and Peace.
You lucky dog, you!

When there was (and probably still is) a lot of arguing going on about what the lyrics are on this album, I was one to think that perhaps Tool messed with the fan base by putting out albums that had different lyrics on them. Nothing major, but little subtle differences that would be enough to make folks (especially the ones on this site) argue until they're blue in the face. Production wise it'd be easy. You only need different vocal tracks. Then you make a million of one and a million of the other and send them all out to distributors and watch the pebbles fly. In this bizarre scenario I've painted, It'd be really cool if you got one of each, huh?
Terry21's Avatar Terry21
07-14-2006, 01:37 PM

"Full of shit" = lying, it wasn't an insult.

So what is the difference between the two CDs?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #19
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 60

"Full of shit" = lying, it wasn't an insult.

So what is the difference between the two CDs?
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsed shell

Dude with all the lying people do on this board you can't understand why anything anyone says is gonna be hard too believe?? I still doubt (s)he's being completely truthful.
-DXH
Old 07-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Originally Posted by collapsed shell

Dude with all the lying people do on this board you can't understand why anything anyone says is gonna be hard too believe?? I still doubt (s)he's being completely truthful.
-DXH
this.anna's Avatar this.anna
07-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:

Wait, I know this lyric - Depeche Mode: People are People - answer is in the song title - new wave English writing at work, my friends.

// New wave English writing? Clearly this person is alluding to Maynard's own voice singing the lyrics to the song on EmotivE. Now, when someone quotes some "Come On Eileen," I'll be impressed.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #21
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 261

Quote:

Wait, I know this lyric - Depeche Mode: People are People - answer is in the song title - new wave English writing at work, my friends.

// New wave English writing? Clearly this person is alluding to Maynard's own voice singing the lyrics to the song on EmotivE. Now, when someone quotes some "Come On Eileen," I'll be impressed.
Drawn Under's Avatar Drawn Under
07-15-2006, 02:55 PM

hey sobot your an incufan as well? awesome i am as well, in fact ive met them at a meet and greet and they are awesome dudes. unfortunately tool doesnt seem fond of meet and greets oh well.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

hey sobot your an incufan as well? awesome i am as well, in fact ive met them at a meet and greet and they are awesome dudes. unfortunately tool doesnt seem fond of meet and greets oh well.
07-17-2006, 01:52 PM

Tool meet n greet = mob riot, deaths, 4 trampled rock stars

individuals are smart. groups of people are dangerously stupid.

too bad. but I accept I'll never get within 200 yards of any of them, and that's okay. I'd ony say thanks and shake some hands. Okay maybe an autograph ... on my scrot! LOL
Old 07-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #23

Bincount™: 24

Tool meet n greet = mob riot, deaths, 4 trampled rock stars

individuals are smart. groups of people are dangerously stupid.

too bad. but I accept I'll never get within 200 yards of any of them, and that's okay. I'd ony say thanks and shake some hands. Okay maybe an autograph ... on my scrot! LOL
MoreTool's Avatar MoreTool
07-17-2006, 02:17 PM

Pete and Repete are in a boat. Pete falls in the water. Who is staying in the boat ?
answer : Repete

Pete and Repete are in a boat. Pete falls in the water. Who is staying in the boat ?

Old 07-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 45

07-19-2006, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by this.anna
New wave English writing? Clearly this person is alluding to Maynard's own voice singing the lyrics to the song on EmotivE.
Actually, I think it was Billy's voice.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
Old 07-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #25
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by this.anna
New wave English writing? Clearly this person is alluding to Maynard's own voice singing the lyrics to the song on EmotivE.
Actually, I think it was Billy's voice.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply