Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
02-06-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownOfNegativity View Post
Disappointing, but since when has Maynard ever given straight answers in interviews? That's the hopeful Tool fan in me, though. There's plenty of other music out there until the time comes, if it ever does what with endless Puscifer projects, APC tours (I can't believe they're still touring without any new material, it was cool to finally see them, but really? Stop playing Emotive it blows for the most part), and random Tool shows with no new material in seven years.
Emotive was really bad and their last tour was one of the worst shows I've ever been to. No energy, crappy emotive songs, and me wishing I had the 2 hours and however much it cost back. I was blown away at how bad that show was, especially since I'd been to many other APC shows and they were great.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #961
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1202
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownOfNegativity View Post
Disappointing, but since when has Maynard ever given straight answers in interviews? That's the hopeful Tool fan in me, though. There's plenty of other music out there until the time comes, if it ever does what with endless Puscifer projects, APC tours (I can't believe they're still touring without any new material, it was cool to finally see them, but really? Stop playing Emotive it blows for the most part), and random Tool shows with no new material in seven years.
Emotive was really bad and their last tour was one of the worst shows I've ever been to. No energy, crappy emotive songs, and me wishing I had the 2 hours and however much it cost back. I was blown away at how bad that show was, especially since I'd been to many other APC shows and they were great.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
02-06-2013, 12:23 PM

TOOL TO TOUR AUSTRALIA + NEW ZEALAND THIS APRIL & MAY
"The Frontier Touring Company announce the return of triple Grammy® award winning Californian prog-rockers Tool to Australia and New Zealand in 2013. Taking time from recording their highly anticipated fifth studio album, vocalist Maynard James Keenan, guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey and bassist Justin Chancellor will be performing a series of headline shows across Australia and New Zealand this May.

Since the release of their debut LP Undertow almost 20 years ago, Tool have achieved remarkable critical acclaim and commercial success for both their studio releases and phenomenal live performances:

'A symphony of distorted bliss and polyrhythmic elegance that's as complex as it is catchy.' - ArtistDirect

'To know and love Tool is to know and love an intense multi-dimensional sound that reaches beyond a simple audio experience.' - Examiner

Tool have perfected a genre-transcending sound that can be likened to fine art, interlaced with atypical time signatures, intricate drumming patterns and a resonance with a force that awakens the senses. Beyond their groundbreaking sonic work, Tool have also come to prominence for their efforts in unifying the arts. Some of their countless contributions to the arts include the Grammy® award winning 3D album packaging for 10,000 Days, music videos that stand alone as pieces of cinematic brilliance and live shows that include elaborate lighting installations, spectacular laser displays and video displays as brilliant as the performances themselves.
The last time that Tool toured Australian shores, audiences were left entranced and enthralled by the awesome power and impact of a performance from the faultless quartet:
'Just before they reach the song's emotional height they take a left-turn into the extended instrumental version. It makes for one final surprise before Tool clock off for the night, no doubt having blown thousands of tiny minds in the process. I know the feeling.' - The Vine

'It's these moments that separate Tool from the chasing pack, something quite intensely breathtaking to draw the crowd out of melody induced catatonia, this ability that suddenly makes hypnotic punters stand up and pay attention.' - FasterLouder

Don't miss the multi-sensory experience that is a performance by groundbreaking musicians Tool. With anticipation high and the promise of one of the first tastes of their much-awaited upcoming album, tickets will not last long!"

TOOL
APRIL & MAY 2013
Frontier Members pre-sale via www.frontiertouring.com/tool
12noon AEDT, Thursday 14 February to 12noon AEDT, Friday 15 February
General public on sale from 9am local time, Tuesday 19 February

SATURDAY 27 April - Melbourne/ Rod Laver Arena (All Ages)
Ticketek.com.au | Ph: 132 849

TUESDAY 30 April - Adelaide/ AEC Arena (All Ages)

FRIDAY 3 May - Sydney/ Allphones Arena (All Ages)

MONDAY 6 May - Brisbane/ Entertainment Centre (All Ages)

WEDNESDAY 8 May - Auckland/ Vector Arena (All Ages)

Ticketmaster.co.nz / Ph: 0800 111 999

www.toolband.com/ www.facebook.com/toolmusic

Twitter @tool

www.frontiertouring.com/tool/ www.facebook.com/frontiertouring

Twitter @frontiertouring

PRE-SALE & ON-SALE TIMES (again)

FTC Presale: Thursday 14 (12noon AEDT) - Friday 15 (12noon AEDT) February

GP Onsale: Tuesday 19 February (9am local times)
Old 02-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #962
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

TOOL TO TOUR AUSTRALIA + NEW ZEALAND THIS APRIL & MAY
"The Frontier Touring Company announce the return of triple Grammy® award winning Californian prog-rockers Tool to Australia and New Zealand in 2013. Taking time from recording their highly anticipated fifth studio album, vocalist Maynard James Keenan, guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey and bassist Justin Chancellor will be performing a series of headline shows across Australia and New Zealand this May.

Since the release of their debut LP Undertow almost 20 years ago, Tool have achieved remarkable critical acclaim and commercial success for both their studio releases and phenomenal live performances:

'A symphony of distorted bliss and polyrhythmic elegance that's as complex as it is catchy.' - ArtistDirect

'To know and love Tool is to know and love an intense multi-dimensional sound that reaches beyond a simple audio experience.' - Examiner

Tool have perfected a genre-transcending sound that can be likened to fine art, interlaced with atypical time signatures, intricate drumming patterns and a resonance with a force that awakens the senses. Beyond their groundbreaking sonic work, Tool have also come to prominence for their efforts in unifying the arts. Some of their countless contributions to the arts include the Grammy® award winning 3D album packaging for 10,000 Days, music videos that stand alone as pieces of cinematic brilliance and live shows that include elaborate lighting installations, spectacular laser displays and video displays as brilliant as the performances themselves.
The last time that Tool toured Australian shores, audiences were left entranced and enthralled by the awesome power and impact of a performance from the faultless quartet:
'Just before they reach the song's emotional height they take a left-turn into the extended instrumental version. It makes for one final surprise before Tool clock off for the night, no doubt having blown thousands of tiny minds in the process. I know the feeling.' - The Vine

'It's these moments that separate Tool from the chasing pack, something quite intensely breathtaking to draw the crowd out of melody induced catatonia, this ability that suddenly makes hypnotic punters stand up and pay attention.' - FasterLouder

Don't miss the multi-sensory experience that is a performance by groundbreaking musicians Tool. With anticipation high and the promise of one of the first tastes of their much-awaited upcoming album, tickets will not last long!"

TOOL
APRIL & MAY 2013
Frontier Members pre-sale via www.frontiertouring.com/tool
12noon AEDT, Thursday 14 February to 12noon AEDT, Friday 15 February
General public on sale from 9am local time, Tuesday 19 February

SATURDAY 27 April - Melbourne/ Rod Laver Arena (All Ages)

TUESDAY 30 April - Adelaide/ AEC Arena (All Ages)

FRIDAY 3 May - Sydney/ Allphones Arena (All Ages)

MONDAY 6 May - Brisbane/ Entertainment Centre (All Ages)

WEDNESDAY 8 May - Auckland/ Vector Arena (All Ages)

Ticketmaster.co.nz / Ph: 0800 111 999

www.toolband.com/ www.facebook.com/toolmusic

Twitter @tool

www.frontiertouring.com/tool/ www.facebook.com/frontiertouring

Twitter @frontiertouring

PRE-SALE & ON-SALE TIMES (again)

FTC Presale: Thursday 14 (12noon AEDT) - Friday 15 (12noon AEDT) February

GP Onsale: Tuesday 19 February (9am local times)
02-06-2013, 12:44 PM

bonzer
Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #963
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

bonzer
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
02-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3news
While a release date for Tool's follow-up to 10,000 Days has not been announced, Kiwi fans may be the first in the world to hear some of the new material.
"I don't know if we will or not, I guess it would be nice to debut something down that way," says Carey.
"We're working on new tunes every day, I am hoping we will have a couple ready to go."
He adds that new visuals will be created for the upcoming concert, saying: "We're working on the lighting and we'll try to do something fresh for the show."

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-to-play-...#ixzz2K9e7bdDo
So there is a possibility that they may debut new material, yet maynard has written "nothing". Yeah, sounds like he was trolling.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #964
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3news
While a release date for Tool's follow-up to 10,000 Days has not been announced, Kiwi fans may be the first in the world to hear some of the new material.
"I don't know if we will or not, I guess it would be nice to debut something down that way," says Carey.
"We're working on new tunes every day, I am hoping we will have a couple ready to go."
He adds that new visuals will be created for the upcoming concert, saying: "We're working on the lighting and we'll try to do something fresh for the show."

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-to-play-...#ixzz2K9e7bdDo
So there is a possibility that they may debut new material, yet maynard has written "nothing". Yeah, sounds like he was trolling.
Seven Deep's Avatar Seven Deep
02-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Tools next album is the new Chinese Democracy.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #965
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2924

Tools next album is the new Chinese Democracy.
02-06-2013, 01:33 PM

Panus Eruptus
Old 02-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #966
Level 10 - Vehement

Panus Eruptus
Liam's Avatar Liam
02-06-2013, 01:54 PM

Tool is still around? wow.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #967
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

Tool is still around? wow.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Grapenam Style
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #968
Up From The Skies

Grapenam Style
livid star's Avatar livid star
02-06-2013, 03:40 PM

maynard can not bring himself to even be around the other members of tool unless there is more money on the table. would it be appropriate to speculate that this was the only way they could get maynard around to write his part? a fucking tour down under?!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #969
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

maynard can not bring himself to even be around the other members of tool unless there is more money on the table. would it be appropriate to speculate that this was the only way they could get maynard around to write his part? a fucking tour down under?!
02-06-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livid star View Post
Maynard doesn't write anything until Adam, Justin & Danny are ready. According to pretty much every interview they've done recently, they're not ready for Maynard to start writing yet.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #970
crows before hoes

Quote:
Maynard doesn't write anything until Adam, Justin & Danny are ready. According to pretty much every interview they've done recently, they're not ready for Maynard to start writing yet.
02-06-2013, 04:05 PM

They should just ditch maynard and release an 80min instrumental psychedelic space travel jam album. One track.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #971
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

They should just ditch maynard and release an 80min instrumental psychedelic space travel jam album. One track.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
02-06-2013, 06:13 PM

Hmm I wonder if I care enough to go see them again :/
Old 02-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #972
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769
Hmm I wonder if I care enough to go see them again :/
02-06-2013, 06:37 PM

Do it rubb, you'll be in a crowd with boobs. Male and female boobs.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #973
Level 10 - Vehement

Do it rubb, you'll be in a crowd with boobs. Male and female boobs.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
02-06-2013, 06:52 PM

Last two times it was 82% male boobs.

And the few female ones were hardly worth mentioning.

Nor the male ones.

Except mine.

Mine are fucking hot.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #974

Last two times it was 82% male boobs.

And the few female ones were hardly worth mentioning.

Nor the male ones.

Except mine.

Mine are fucking hot.
02-06-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
wat

It is known that maynard and adam don't really get along.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #975
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
wat

02-07-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I read recently that Danny wants Maynard around now to help with harmonies and emotions of the songs/framework they've got so far. So is the only way they can do it, force another tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
wat

I kinda assumed that so I'm glad you confirmed it, since I'm sure you're all up in their bidness
Old 02-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #976

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
I read recently that Danny wants Maynard around now to help with harmonies and emotions of the songs/framework they've got so far. So is the only way they can do it, force another tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
wat

I kinda assumed that so I'm glad you confirmed it, since I'm sure you're all up in their bidness
02-07-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
No, I imagine all they need to do is finish doling their part and then just give Maynard a call. It seems pretty obvious to me in recent interviews the delay in the album is not due to Maynard saying no or being too busy, but because Adam, Justin and Danny are yet to reach a point in songwriting where it's worth inviting Maynard into the room. I have no doubt that Maynard has heard what the other three are working on, but he won't be joining them until they're readu.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #977
crows before hoes

Quote:
No, I imagine all they need to do is finish doling their part and then just give Maynard a call. It seems pretty obvious to me in recent interviews the delay in the album is not due to Maynard saying no or being too busy, but because Adam, Justin and Danny are yet to reach a point in songwriting where it's worth inviting Maynard into the room. I have no doubt that Maynard has heard what the other three are working on, but he won't be joining them until they're readu.
02-07-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:

Read the first thing you said, and the second thing you said again.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #978
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Read the first thing you said, and the second thing you said again.
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
02-08-2013, 08:11 AM

Listening to all the interviews from Aus, and the other memebers of the band seem to be very open to answering the new album questions, and they appear to be making it a top priority. It's funny what a contrast Adam and Danny's interviews are from Maynards. They just sound like nice avg guys who are working their asses off on new material, while Maynard takes himself too seriously and sounds pretty much like an ass.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #979
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Listening to all the interviews from Aus, and the other memebers of the band seem to be very open to answering the new album questions, and they appear to be making it a top priority. It's funny what a contrast Adam and Danny's interviews are from Maynards. They just sound like nice avg guys who are working their asses off on new material, while Maynard takes himself too seriously and sounds pretty much like an ass.
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM

I think it's everyone else who takes Maynard too seriously.

Quote:
I don't remember the last tour being outrageous over priced, but then again as an Aussie I'm used to being gouged for ticket prices.
I can’t remember the last tour being badly priced either. I think it was about 35 euro, which is about 45 Dollars. Then again that was in 2006 before the economy went to hell. You’d be lucky to get change from 60 dollars now.

We hold no quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarters

I said I wouldn't go see Tool until the new album but if they announced a European tour tomorrow I'll most likely be coming back from Dublin with five new shirts and some sexy overpriced posters.

Being a Tool fan is like being in some weird abusive relationship. Put THAT on the tour poster!

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #980
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

I think it's everyone else who takes Maynard too seriously.

Quote:
I don't remember the last tour being outrageous over priced, but then again as an Aussie I'm used to being gouged for ticket prices.
I can’t remember the last tour being badly priced either. I think it was about 35 euro, which is about 45 Dollars. Then again that was in 2006 before the economy went to hell. You’d be lucky to get change from 60 dollars now.

We hold no quaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarters

I said I wouldn't go see Tool until the new album but if they announced a European tour tomorrow I'll most likely be coming back from Dublin with five new shirts and some sexy overpriced posters.

Being a Tool fan is like being in some weird abusive relationship. Put THAT on the tour poster!

Ravenpig
02-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:

Just to expand on what Hellboy said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/special-reports/tool-fans-want-to-know-one-thing/story-fn83mznq-1226572829923

So the other guys are working on it and you come in at the end to do vocals?

“They claim to be. I keep requesting to be involved…so there you have it,” Keenan shrugs
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #981

Bincount™: 0

Quote:

Just to expand on what Hellboy said:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/special-reports/tool-fans-want-to-know-one-thing/story-fn83mznq-1226572829923

So the other guys are working on it and you come in at the end to do vocals?

“They claim to be. I keep requesting to be involved…so there you have it,” Keenan shrugs
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
02-08-2013, 10:14 AM

$45?!? Cunt, it was like $80-90 when I saw the fuckers.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #982

$45?!? Cunt, it was like $80-90 when I saw the fuckers.
02-08-2013, 10:19 AM

90 dollars for Tool? It's 86 Euro to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse play a massive sports stadium in Dublin and that's for the best tickets. I don't even wanna know what Neil charges in Australia.

Small wonder the Tool lads are heading there first.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #983
Level 10 - Vehement

90 dollars for Tool? It's 86 Euro to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse play a massive sports stadium in Dublin and that's for the best tickets. I don't even wanna know what Neil charges in Australia.

Small wonder the Tool lads are heading there first.

praefector's Avatar praefector
02-08-2013, 10:50 AM

45 dollars? last time i saw them it was 50-70 for seating (not including service fee) and 90 for gen admin.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #984

Bincount™: 1020

45 dollars? last time i saw them it was 50-70 for seating (not including service fee) and 90 for gen admin.
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie75 View Post
They just sound like nice avg guys who are working their asses off on new material, while Maynard takes himself too seriously and sounds pretty much like an ass.
Maynard is kind of an ass about it. But he seems to follow the idea; I'm here for this interview today to promote 'such and such'. Please keep the questions to that. Yet it always seems to happen that interviewers can't help but diverge to Tool questions. I'd imagine he's well over that. Hence the attitude that you could stand to argue whether or not it's warranted.

It is true that Maynard has more to promote than the rest of the band, and at least is seriously active in promoting it. Just seems to be the way the guy is.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 02-08-2013 at 12:47 PM..
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #985
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
They just sound like nice avg guys who are working their asses off on new material, while Maynard takes himself too seriously and sounds pretty much like an ass.
Maynard is kind of an ass about it. But he seems to follow the idea; I'm here for this interview today to promote 'such and such'. Please keep the questions to that. Yet it always seems to happen that interviewers can't help but diverge to Tool questions. I'd imagine he's well over that. Hence the attitude that you could stand to argue whether or not it's warranted.

It is true that Maynard has more to promote than the rest of the band, and at least is seriously active in promoting it. Just seems to be the way the guy is.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 02-08-2013 at 12:47 PM..
eddie75's Avatar eddie75
02-08-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

He does, but tool is really where his bread is buttered. APC was doing great on it's own until their last album and that joke of a tour. Puscifer is entertaining, but not exactly something he's going to support his wineries on. Tool is by far the best of the three due to the creative ability and talent of all four members, the other two bands are basically maynard and whoever he adds to each rendition of them. That's why he gets asked about it, tool has a much larger appeal and has some seriously fanatic fans. It may put him off, but it shows what people are really interested in, and he can't control that.

I think there may actually be some in fighting going on, you hear Maynard saying no new album, and no new songs on the Aus tour, then the others are saying it's in negotiations to play new stuff on the tour.

They need to put out the album by summer, I need something new to counter act all the other boats on the lake playing dubstep and LMFAO..............
Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #986
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

He does, but tool is really where his bread is buttered. APC was doing great on it's own until their last album and that joke of a tour. Puscifer is entertaining, but not exactly something he's going to support his wineries on. Tool is by far the best of the three due to the creative ability and talent of all four members, the other two bands are basically maynard and whoever he adds to each rendition of them. That's why he gets asked about it, tool has a much larger appeal and has some seriously fanatic fans. It may put him off, but it shows what people are really interested in, and he can't control that.

I think there may actually be some in fighting going on, you hear Maynard saying no new album, and no new songs on the Aus tour, then the others are saying it's in negotiations to play new stuff on the tour.

They need to put out the album by summer, I need something new to counter act all the other boats on the lake playing dubstep and LMFAO..............
02-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Well, just to blow everyones mind, tickets for this tour are $135. Tickets for the last tour were around $120 from memory. Hell, even tickets back in 2002 were about $90.

Expensive yes, especially in comparison to US prices, but being relatively remote we've come to expect an excess. Similar sized bands playing the same venues would all charge over $100.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #987
crows before hoes

Well, just to blow everyones mind, tickets for this tour are $135. Tickets for the last tour were around $120 from memory. Hell, even tickets back in 2002 were about $90.

Expensive yes, especially in comparison to US prices, but being relatively remote we've come to expect an excess. Similar sized bands playing the same venues would all charge over $100.
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM

Jesus christ that's expensive.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #988
Grand Inquisitor

Bincount™: 4314

02-08-2013, 03:18 PM

do the tickets come with a bottle of wine and bj?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #989
Up From The Skies

do the tickets come with a bottle of wine and bj?
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
02-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
Well, how often do they go down there? Probably not near as often as LA......or other major US cities. Take that into consideration as well.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #990

Bincount™: 2063

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
Well, how often do they go down there? Probably not near as often as LA......or other major US cities. Take that into consideration as well.
02-08-2013, 04:21 PM

people.

maynard doesnt field tool questions because its obvious it pisses him off how long it takes them to get ready. he doesnt want to mock them in interviews and get bitched at later so he says nothing.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #991
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

people.

maynard doesnt field tool questions because its obvious it pisses him off how long it takes them to get ready. he doesnt want to mock them in interviews and get bitched at later so he says nothing.
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye13 View Post
Not to mention it takes a bunch of money to shift their gear from LA halfway around the world.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #992
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye13 View Post
Not to mention it takes a bunch of money to shift their gear from LA halfway around the world.
02-08-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:

It seems more likely Maynard wanted the interviewer to ask about whatever he's selling and got annoyed when the interviewer asked about something people are actually interested in. I don't think there's a Fleetwood Mac style drama going on with Tool.

Christ, even if there was that band managed to put 'Rumors' together despite it all....

Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #993
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

It seems more likely Maynard wanted the interviewer to ask about whatever he's selling and got annoyed when the interviewer asked about something people are actually interested in. I don't think there's a Fleetwood Mac style drama going on with Tool.

Christ, even if there was that band managed to put 'Rumors' together despite it all....

mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-08-2013, 07:29 PM

do you people read anything anyone else posts or is this just like a one way conversation with a bunch of people. maynard still doesnt have anything at all to talk about the new tool record. he hasnt done anything new yet. seven years later. he's pissed off its taking so long just like us.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #994
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

do you people read anything anyone else posts or is this just like a one way conversation with a bunch of people. maynard still doesnt have anything at all to talk about the new tool record. he hasnt done anything new yet. seven years later. he's pissed off its taking so long just like us.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-08-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
word to your mother

(judith)
Old 02-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #995
Up From The Skies

Quote:
word to your mother

(judith)
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
02-09-2013, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Quote:
That was the page previous to the one you posted on.

New Tool stuff ready for live performance = New Tool stuff written = something noteworthy to talk about in an interview when a guy asks about Tool.

At a guess I'd say Maynard is screwing with us. How could he not? We ALWAYS fall for it.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #996
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Quote:

New Tool stuff ready for live performance = New Tool stuff written = something noteworthy to talk about in an interview when a guy asks about Tool.

At a guess I'd say Maynard is screwing with us. How could he not? We ALWAYS fall for it.

02-09-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveboat Captain View Post

when they say they'll play some new stuff on tour, they probably mean they'll use a piece of a song they've been working on as an interlude or intro to another song. they did this on the lateralus tour with the main riff from wings for marie.

i highly doubt they'd play a future release/work-in-progress complete with vocals, so maynard could still be honestly out of the loop.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveboat Captain View Post

when they say they'll play some new stuff on tour, they probably mean they'll use a piece of a song they've been working on as an interlude or intro to another song. they did this on the lateralus tour with the main riff from wings for marie.

i highly doubt they'd play a future release/work-in-progress complete with vocals, so maynard could still be honestly out of the loop.
02-09-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:

how dare people ask about the band that made him relevant and allowed him to do these self-indulgent side projects.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #998

Quote:

how dare people ask about the band that made him relevant and allowed him to do these self-indulgent side projects.
02-09-2013, 07:31 PM

Do not disagree, just sayin dats the way it is. :/

Probably... or at least partially.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #999
Level 10 - Vehement

Do not disagree, just sayin dats the way it is. :/

Probably... or at least partially.
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
02-12-2013, 07:15 AM

I think the frustration for some fans has been Maynard's total recluctance to talk about anything Tool related entirely in the last few years.

It's almost as if Tool doesn't exist to him anymore. The only time we can actually make the association between Maynard and Tool is the 2 hours he appears on-stage at one of the shows.

He'll write columns about life in Arizona, he'll do interviews to promote Puscifer with media outlets that were one too unimportant a long time ago for his to consider, he'll go on Letterman for Puscifer, he is still (quite inexplicably playing with APC on a very un-fan friendly setlist), he did a documentary and is now writing an autobiography.

It seems like he's more out in the open than ever before.

Yet the situation with Tool has come to the point where (at least according to that Aussie newspaper) interviewers are told by his publicist to specifically not ask any questions about Tool (and that one interviewer doing so resulted in the interview being cut short).

It's just a slight to the fans for him to be so cagey about the entire thing. Danny has been quite honest over the last few years about the progress of the music. Would it really kill Maynard to just say "Adam, Danny and Justin are still working on the music for the next record, it's a work in progress, I've been hearing what has been developing, when the time is right I will work on the vocals".

The reality is 99% of Puscifer fans know about them because they are/were Tool fans. And the same thing applied when APC started up.

Him being this defensive about not mentioning Tool is almost bordering on the point of the Billy Bob Thornton interview where he loses his shit because someone talks about his acting for a second rather than his bluegrass band.

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw)

Last edited by sianspheric; 02-12-2013 at 07:18 AM..
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #1000
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

I think the frustration for some fans has been Maynard's total recluctance to talk about anything Tool related entirely in the last few years.

It's almost as if Tool doesn't exist to him anymore. The only time we can actually make the association between Maynard and Tool is the 2 hours he appears on-stage at one of the shows.

He'll write columns about life in Arizona, he'll do interviews to promote Puscifer with media outlets that were one too unimportant a long time ago for his to consider, he'll go on Letterman for Puscifer, he is still (quite inexplicably playing with APC on a very un-fan friendly setlist), he did a documentary and is now writing an autobiography.

It seems like he's more out in the open than ever before.

Yet the situation with Tool has come to the point where (at least according to that Aussie newspaper) interviewers are told by his publicist to specifically not ask any questions about Tool (and that one interviewer doing so resulted in the interview being cut short).

It's just a slight to the fans for him to be so cagey about the entire thing. Danny has been quite honest over the last few years about the progress of the music. Would it really kill Maynard to just say "Adam, Danny and Justin are still working on the music for the next record, it's a work in progress, I've been hearing what has been developing, when the time is right I will work on the vocals".

The reality is 99% of Puscifer fans know about them because they are/were Tool fans. And the same thing applied when APC started up.

Him being this defensive about not mentioning Tool is almost bordering on the point of the Billy Bob Thornton interview where he loses his shit because someone talks about his acting for a second rather than his bluegrass band.

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWS6qyy7bw)

Last edited by sianspheric; 02-12-2013 at 07:18 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply