opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 03. H.
User Name
Password
Old 01-23-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
my semi connection

when i listen to this song i get images of a problem i went through during my 18 year of life which i am currently in
it involves a girl who i was deeply in love with, a girl who was not in love or with me at all but i was friends with her for a long time and was around her nearly all the time cause i was friends with her mother. basically this girl just fucked with my head on a holiday once and made me develop feelings for her and id never been in love before so i thought it was all fairy tail bullshit that doesnt happen but when ure emotions are so strong u cant deny it, before i was going to tell her how i thought i heared she had started a relationship with one of my best friends. i never felt so hurt and weak and filled with so much pain and rage in my ilfe i wanted to die i tried suicide amoung many other ways out. i was stil in love with her for many months to come the problem with this girl was that she didnt show much affection or any kind of feelings for her boyfriend and they seemed so fake so to substitue for that she acted like i was her boyfriend in a way flirting with me and touching and just mind fucking me all the time which just made me think something could happen but never did. this went on for about 5 months where she would do this everytime i would see her she was a sweet girl and i still love her but she didnt know how much she hurt me which the lyrics in the song are suggesting"coming over like a storm again" everytime i started thinking she would se her errors and fall for me she just went back to her boyfriend whenever he came over to her place leaving me empty and broken she tempted me drained me and was killing me makin me open up my heart to her every time, i could have said something but i was too afraid she would tell me what i didnt want to hear she was killing me the entire time and has left a permanent scar on me. i decided the pain had to stop after she got back from a holiday and i was visiting her family again so i just closed her off.. now things are good and i cant remember the feelings i once had for her which has saved me i feel this song related to me on many occasion and i wonder if james keenan went through a similiar experience
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:04 AM   #2
Level 3 - Talker

I feel your pain man... been in somewhat of the same situation. I could really identify with this song.
~~I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that leads to total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone i will turn the Inner Eye to its path. Only I will remain~~
Old 01-25-2003, 01:40 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

totally

yeah i could totally see how u would relate to this song in that way. i also feel a sense of rage in this song like maynard is mad at himsef for not being able to let go. for instance, all the verses are really soft and pleasant, kinda like how maynard sees whoever he's singing about as being. but in all the verses in this song, he's being hurt some how, or is going through emotional conflicts caused by this person (venemous voice tempts me, drains, me, leaves me cracked....i feel this coming over like a storm again). but then the chorus is just a release of anger, i can almost see it as him being mad when he screams "I AM TOO, CONNECTED TO U, TO SLIP AWAY...(u know the rest)". he can't be angry at them for hurting him, because he loves them so much. he's angry at himself for not being able to see that this person is hurting him. or rather he does see it, but even then his blind love gets the better of him. and the whole "i don't mind...I Don't Mind...I DON'T MIND!!!" sounds almost sarcastic. it could be him realizing that he does in fact feel hurt by this person's actions but again, hes just "too connected" to really act out in aggression how he feels. his consideration to the other person is what kills him internally because he refuses to let go of the bond he feels to them. ALL IN ALL THOUGH, CONSIDERING U CAN RELATE TO THIS SONG ON EVERY POSSIBLE LEVEL, BY FAR MY FAV TOOL SONG. SIMPLY AMAZING.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: