Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-23-2006, 10:39 PM

I posted this in the thread that gave a link to a picture of a CD and an email saying that Aldaraia is going to release with 10,000 Days... 10,000 Days being the live DVD and Aldaraia being the new album

So heres why I'm going to believe in this rumor:
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS
Heres a list of facts:
1. Aldaraia and its tracklist were released in mid-February.

2. They included the (now confirmed) release date of May 2nd. If you remember back to a month or two ago, we were all scrambling with release dates between mid-April and the end of this year. To pinpoint May 2nd so exactly would have been a very nice guess.

3. The Aldaraia tracklisting had 11 songs (if my memory is correct). The current Toolband tracklisting also has 11 songs.

4. The tracklisting for Aldaraia included a song "23", which is now on the current Toolband tracklisting (albeit in a different language). There is NO. FUCKING. WAY. that that is a coincidence. None. With only 11 tracks, and a huge array of words to choose from, that statistically cannot happen. Period.

5. The current artwork on Toolband is obviously an Alex Grey piece, very similar to a backdrop used on the Lateralus tour. We all seem to agree that Tool choosing something so similar in style for their new album's artwork is unlikely (if you don't, then you're probably crossing your fingers for Lateralus II, which the band and Blair have both said is not going to happen).

6. "The Pot".

7. We know Tool's last 6 Lateralus tour shows were recording with the idea in mind that they would eventually release them all on a live DVD.

8. We have heard nothing at all about the new DVD for over 4 months from Blair. Even with the new album in the works, I find it unlikely that he would just 'forget' entirely about it. No mention in the last few newsletters, no updates refering to it. Nothing. Even though we're talking about Blair, it still seems off. For a while there, he would mention it every few weeks just to let us know it was still in the works.

9. If you look at the picture of the CD in the original post in this thread, you'll notice that the inner circle of the CD is pressed. Its not just a sticker or whatever put on there. Which means that that is a real CD (or someone has access to a pressing machine). Not saying that that means its a Tool CD, just saying that it is a CD. I don't recognize it. It rules.

10. Although debatable, many people here think that Adam has the word "The Thorn" written on his hand in a few of the promo pics we've seen. Those were taken (I believe) in late summer of last year.

11. Those pictures are gone from their original site. No explaination as to why, and Blair NEVER ONCE mentioned their existence. Why, after they obviously leaked out and everybody is talking about them (and probably emailing Blair) would he not even mention them?

And something everyone seems to be forgetting:
12. Tool specifically said that they were going to take steps to prevent leaks. I have seen no obvious steps thus far, and yet nothing has leaked yet. Its only a few weeks away until release, and we haven't seen any leaks yet. That is pretty unusual... most albums leak around a month before release... some go as far as two months. So why is this happening?

And something to think about: Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?

I'm not going to try to defend the fact that that CD is in a black-backed CD case. Theres a few good reasons I can think of as to why it would be like that. I'm also not going to go into how easy it would be for Tool to leak Aldaraia months ago in order to squash 'rumors' early. And I'm definately not going to try to explain why people seem to be believing everything Blair is saying all of a sudden, when he has never been very trustworthy in the first place.

Its been my theory that Tool were up to something exactly like what the threadstarted described, and as far as I'm concerned, all the evidence points towards something like this happening. I seriously hope its true...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:39 PM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929
Aldaraia, 10,000 Days, and what to believe...

I posted this in the thread that gave a link to a picture of a CD and an email saying that Aldaraia is going to release with 10,000 Days... 10,000 Days being the live DVD and Aldaraia being the new album

So heres why I'm going to believe in this rumor:
PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS
Heres a list of facts:

2. They included the (now confirmed) release date of May 2nd. If you remember back to a month or two ago, we were all scrambling with release dates between mid-April and the end of this year. To pinpoint May 2nd so exactly would have been a very nice guess.

3. The Aldaraia tracklisting had 11 songs (if my memory is correct). The current Toolband tracklisting also has 11 songs.

4. The tracklisting for Aldaraia included a song "23", which is now on the current Toolband tracklisting (albeit in a different language). There is NO. FUCKING. WAY. that that is a coincidence. None. With only 11 tracks, and a huge array of words to choose from, that statistically cannot happen. Period.

5. The current artwork on Toolband is obviously an Alex Grey piece, very similar to a backdrop used on the Lateralus tour. We all seem to agree that Tool choosing something so similar in style for their new album's artwork is unlikely (if you don't, then you're probably crossing your fingers for Lateralus II, which the band and Blair have both said is not going to happen).

6. "The Pot".

7. We know Tool's last 6 Lateralus tour shows were recording with the idea in mind that they would eventually release them all on a live DVD.

8. We have heard nothing at all about the new DVD for over 4 months from Blair. Even with the new album in the works, I find it unlikely that he would just 'forget' entirely about it. No mention in the last few newsletters, no updates refering to it. Nothing. Even though we're talking about Blair, it still seems off. For a while there, he would mention it every few weeks just to let us know it was still in the works.

9. If you look at the picture of the CD in the original post in this thread, you'll notice that the inner circle of the CD is pressed. Its not just a sticker or whatever put on there. Which means that that is a real CD (or someone has access to a pressing machine). Not saying that that means its a Tool CD, just saying that it is a CD. I don't recognize it. It rules.

10. Although debatable, many people here think that Adam has the word "The Thorn" written on his hand in a few of the promo pics we've seen. Those were taken (I believe) in late summer of last year.

11. Those pictures are gone from their original site. No explaination as to why, and Blair NEVER ONCE mentioned their existence. Why, after they obviously leaked out and everybody is talking about them (and probably emailing Blair) would he not even mention them?

And something everyone seems to be forgetting:
12. Tool specifically said that they were going to take steps to prevent leaks. I have seen no obvious steps thus far, and yet nothing has leaked yet. Its only a few weeks away until release, and we haven't seen any leaks yet. That is pretty unusual... most albums leak around a month before release... some go as far as two months. So why is this happening?

And something to think about: Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?

I'm not going to try to defend the fact that that CD is in a black-backed CD case. Theres a few good reasons I can think of as to why it would be like that. I'm also not going to go into how easy it would be for Tool to leak Aldaraia months ago in order to squash 'rumors' early. And I'm definately not going to try to explain why people seem to be believing everything Blair is saying all of a sudden, when he has never been very trustworthy in the first place.

Its been my theory that Tool were up to something exactly like what the threadstarted described, and as far as I'm concerned, all the evidence points towards something like this happening. I seriously hope its true...
OFFLINE |  
bluefire's Avatar bluefire
03-23-2006, 10:43 PM

Hi I'm Bluefire, and I support this message.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
On Probation

Bincount™: 810
Re: Aldaraia, 10,000 Days, and what to believe...

Hi I'm Bluefire, and I support this message.
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM

why would they release a dvd with a cd? they have pretty good marketing skills (i.e: release parabola/schism as seperate dvds)
Old 03-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #3
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

why would they release a dvd with a cd? they have pretty good marketing skills (i.e: release parabola/schism as seperate dvds)
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch

A-fucking-men.

Ocelot and gl0tch will be having a rim-job-from-the-majority-of-TDN party on May 2nd. You're all invited.

(As for the argument that the guy who made it up admitted it, that makes absolutely no sense. Anyone could have said they made it up without proof. Did they provide their notes from like December or January to convince your otherwise?

Seriously, what if I had said I made it up? There's no difference. C'mon.)

Last edited by gl0tch; 03-23-2006 at 10:47 PM..
Old 03-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

A-fucking-men.

Ocelot and gl0tch will be having a rim-job-from-the-majority-of-TDN party on May 2nd. You're all invited.

(As for the argument that the guy who made it up admitted it, that makes absolutely no sense. Anyone could have said they made it up without proof. Did they provide their notes from like December or January to convince your otherwise?

Seriously, what if I had said I made it up? There's no difference. C'mon.)

Last edited by gl0tch; 03-23-2006 at 10:47 PM..
OFFLINE |  
spiralout987

i remember reading somewhere that justin said they were also hard at work on the dvd...

and remember, blair never ruled out the ELEPHTHERIA possible title in that one post a few weeks ago...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 23

i remember reading somewhere that justin said they were also hard at work on the dvd...

and remember, blair never ruled out the ELEPHTHERIA possible title in that one post a few weeks ago...
OFFLINE |  
new millenium cyanide christ's Avatar new millenium cyanide christ
03-23-2006, 10:45 PM

::shrugs::

speculation is almost meaningless at this point until we all have either cds/dvds in our hands, locked onto our eyeballs.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
greetings from planet x

Bincount™: 1062

::shrugs::

speculation is almost meaningless at this point until we all have either cds/dvds in our hands, locked onto our eyeballs.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 10:46 PM

Yes, it seems weird that blair would address aldaraia by name, and give reasons why its not real. I don't recall that happening for any other fake list.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #7
On Probation

Yes, it seems weird that blair would address aldaraia by name, and give reasons why its not real. I don't recall that happening for any other fake list.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Still, Aldaraia was a hoax. Admitted by the dude who made it up.
There are plenty of reasons why someone might have said that. It could have been someone directly related to Tool, for all we know. If I remember correctly, the guy who posted Aldaraia on that forum had only posted a few other times... meaning he wasn't a regular there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge
Perhaps they'll release on the same day, but as seperate packages? Or perhaps you can opt to only by the CD, or you can get the CD with the DVD? I've seen other bands do that before. Its not too uncommon.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
On Probation

Quote:
Still, Aldaraia was a hoax. Admitted by the dude who made it up.
There are plenty of reasons why someone might have said that. It could have been someone directly related to Tool, for all we know. If I remember correctly, the guy who posted Aldaraia on that forum had only posted a few other times... meaning he wasn't a regular there.

Quote:
Perhaps they'll release on the same day, but as seperate packages? Or perhaps you can opt to only by the CD, or you can get the CD with the DVD? I've seen other bands do that before. Its not too uncommon.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM

SERIOUSLY, thank you for this post.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

SERIOUSLY, thank you for this post.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout987

Another point I totally forgot to metion:

WHY DID BLAIR SPECIFICALLY CALL OUT ALDARAIA AS A FAKE?
Of all of the random rumored titles and tracklistings floating around, WHY Aldaraia? And why call it out at all? Why not let it float around without confirmation? Isn't that what the band wanted: fake information traveling around to prevent leaks?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralout987

Of all of the random rumored titles and tracklistings floating around, WHY Aldaraia? And why call it out at all? Why not let it float around without confirmation? Isn't that what the band wanted: fake information traveling around to prevent leaks?
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM

Does anyone have a link to the confirmation by that guy who said he did in fact make up Aladaria? Was it someone from tdn?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #11
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Does anyone have a link to the confirmation by that guy who said he did in fact make up Aladaria? Was it someone from tdn?
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 10:50 PM

It was on a different message board. I think Goldfoot is a regular there... ask him.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #12
On Probation

It was on a different message board. I think Goldfoot is a regular there... ask him.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM

It doesnt matter if someone claimed Aldaria as a fake. Anyone could have done so.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

It doesnt matter if someone claimed Aldaria as a fake. Anyone could have done so.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 10:52 PM

I think the last point ocelot made was the best...they haven't taken any mesures to prevent leaks...in fact they've helped them by releasing album title, tracks, and art. Somethings fucking fishy about that.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #14
On Probation

I think the last point ocelot made was the best...they haven't taken any mesures to prevent leaks...in fact they've helped them by releasing album title, tracks, and art. Somethings fucking fishy about that.
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

In all fairness, Blair also specifically mentioned Teleincision....and although it's very obvious, it's stunned me that no one brought up the fact blair actually confused Aldaraia with another tracklist:

Quote:
Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one. Even a cursory glance at the contents reveals several tell-tale signs that it’s a complete fraud (not including the questionable date formatting). For instance, why would the band’s P.O. Box address be blacked out? It would appear that the perpetrators of the hoax were attempting to make the letter appear more authentic by adding this little touch, but, as it was completely unnecessary to do so, it only betrays it being a genuine 'document.' Also, I don’t think anyone in the band would add an ‘n’ to the ‘Enochian’ word “Aldaraia!”
Blair got it confused with the forged letter with all the dorky names like Hyparxis and Inertia with the blacked out po box...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

In all fairness, Blair also specifically mentioned Teleincision....and although it's very obvious, it's stunned me that no one brought up the fact blair actually confused Aldaraia with another tracklist:

Quote:
Finally, about the “Aldaraia” document that has been circulating on the internet as of late: It is obviously a hoax, and, in my opinion, not a particularly good one. Even a cursory glance at the contents reveals several tell-tale signs that it’s a complete fraud (not including the questionable date formatting). For instance, why would the band’s P.O. Box address be blacked out? It would appear that the perpetrators of the hoax were attempting to make the letter appear more authentic by adding this little touch, but, as it was completely unnecessary to do so, it only betrays it being a genuine 'document.' Also, I don’t think anyone in the band would add an ‘n’ to the ‘Enochian’ word “Aldaraia!”
Blair got it confused with the forged letter with all the dorky names like Hyparxis and Inertia with the blacked out po box...
OFFLINE |  
Scrunzset's Avatar Scrunzset
03-23-2006, 10:54 PM

Very interesting Ocelot, it'll give me a lot to think about.

Alright, I'm gonna take some very selfish credit here.... when the album mini art came out and it was announced on the TDN boards, I was the one who suggested (rather, hoped) that it was the live DVD art. I'm glad it's catching on. =D

Oh, come on... I just signed up here days ago and I've actually contributed SOME sort of idea already! lol
Old 03-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17

Alright, I'm gonna take some very selfish credit here.... when the album mini art came out and it was announced on the TDN boards, I was the one who suggested (rather, hoped) that it was the live DVD art. I'm glad it's catching on. =D

Oh, come on... I just signed up here days ago and I've actually contributed SOME sort of idea already! lol
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

That is kind of strange...

Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Maybe him trying to confuse us, or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunzset

Haha, I came up with it on my own as well. I made a thread about it, too. Its the only thing that makes any sense... Tool just wouldn't reuse old artwork for their new album...
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #17
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD

Not sure what to make of that, honestly. Maybe him trying to confuse us, or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrunzset

Haha, I came up with it on my own as well. I made a thread about it, too. Its the only thing that makes any sense... Tool just wouldn't reuse old artwork for their new album...
OFFLINE |  
Scrunzset's Avatar Scrunzset
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?
Yes, definitely it does.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Doesn't the title "10,000 Days" lend itself far more to a live DVD than an album?
Yes, definitely it does.
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:

Lol, awesome. I was at one of the last shows so I've been having a boner for almost 4 years waiting for this DVD... let's hope it's out soon!

One of the first things I thought of (dreaming about it) was that there are different angle tracks... and one of those tracks would be what was happening on the vid screens they had. Hope they do that.

Last edited by Scrunzset; 03-23-2006 at 11:00 PM..
Old 03-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

Lol, awesome. I was at one of the last shows so I've been having a boner for almost 4 years waiting for this DVD... let's hope it's out soon!

One of the first things I thought of (dreaming about it) was that there are different angle tracks... and one of those tracks would be what was happening on the vid screens they had. Hope they do that.

Last edited by Scrunzset; 03-23-2006 at 11:00 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ARMZ's Avatar ARMZ
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=108026
Old 03-23-2006, 10:58 PM   #20
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
http://www.smnnews.com/board/showthread.php?t=108026
Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Blair posted Feruary 3rd that the CD would be released in May and hopefully earlier in the month. It was a fairly logical guess
Old 03-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #21
Smokes poutine every day

Quote:

Blair posted Feruary 3rd that the CD would be released in May and hopefully earlier in the month. It was a fairly logical guess
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 11:01 PM

Quote:
still to guess date+track list # dead on is pretty lucky.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:01 PM   #22
On Probation

Quote:
still to guess date+track list # dead on is pretty lucky.
OFFLINE |  
dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM

heres the tracklisting. anyone interested

Aldaraia

1) The Thorn
2) Annuled
3) Visceral
4) The Lucid
5) 23
6) Permute
7) The Median
8 ) Aldaraian
9) Mandalic
10) The Ascent
11) Laiad Kayenth

also wanted to say, didn't someone who went to listening party say, " the last song on the cd was the best Tool song ever?" On Andy's review it was supposed to be a a segue or out track. not a song. Not sure if that is anything.

But I don't know anymore, what is what. I'm fine with either name though
Old 03-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

heres the tracklisting. anyone interested

Aldaraia

1) The Thorn
2) Annuled
3) Visceral
4) The Lucid
5) 23
6) Permute
7) The Median
8 ) Aldaraian
9) Mandalic
10) The Ascent
11) Laiad Kayenth

also wanted to say, didn't someone who went to listening party say, " the last song on the cd was the best Tool song ever?" On Andy's review it was supposed to be a a segue or out track. not a song. Not sure if that is anything.

But I don't know anymore, what is what. I'm fine with either name though
OFFLINE |  
pris0n's Avatar pris0n
03-23-2006, 11:02 PM

I just read this whole thread and then read all the links posted in this thread and now my head hurts. I just feel like not coming back to this place for a month, it shouldn't be too hard I don't think.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:02 PM   #24

Bincount™: 22

I just read this whole thread and then read all the links posted in this thread and now my head hurts. I just feel like not coming back to this place for a month, it shouldn't be too hard I don't think.
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM

we still don't know for certain that the toolband.com tracklisting is 100% real. we have yet to see any legit artwork from the printers yet

and besides, click on the forum above, aldaraia was made up as a joke
Old 03-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #25
Smokes poutine every day

we still don't know for certain that the toolband.com tracklisting is 100% real. we have yet to see any legit artwork from the printers yet

and besides, click on the forum above, aldaraia was made up as a joke
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM

I can't stress enough how easy it is to claim something is real or fake online. For all we know, that Maynard guy from Goldfoot's forum is playing everybody. Adam spends a lot of time on his Myspace... why is it such a stretch that something like this might happen?

Another interesting point: Why hasn't the artwork leaked yet? Blair's post was the first thing we've seen that was 'definately' going to be part of the new album art. He specifically said that the artwork was going to leak, and as a result told us the name of the album (and then the tracklisting), to "avoid confusion".

So wheres the fucking artwork?
Quote:
God, I hate looking at all that bullshit trying to find the actual posts. It gives me a headache.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 PM   #26
On Probation

I can't stress enough how easy it is to claim something is real or fake online. For all we know, that Maynard guy from Goldfoot's forum is playing everybody. Adam spends a lot of time on his Myspace... why is it such a stretch that something like this might happen?

Another interesting point: Why hasn't the artwork leaked yet? Blair's post was the first thing we've seen that was 'definately' going to be part of the new album art. He specifically said that the artwork was going to leak, and as a result told us the name of the album (and then the tracklisting), to "avoid confusion".

Quote:
God, I hate looking at all that bullshit trying to find the actual posts. It gives me a headache.
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
Thanks...

Ok wait a minute....I read that entire thread, and my Bullshit detector went off the chart. I honestly don't think this "Maynard" poster made up the list AT FUCKING ALL.

First he says:

Quote:
Suddenly i had created a song about secret air force bases
There's no such song that eludes to that, it was only mentioned here on TDN when someone said they hoped Laiad Kayenth was about secret air force bases. And then he says: And this is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT I've read in a while:

Quote:
I checked the Enochian Dictionary for Laiad

Kayeth was a word i made up :-) That was my worst ones honestly
This is complete fucking horseshit. First of all, it was Kayenth (he fucking spelled it wrong), and NO FUCKING WAY he coincedentally made up the one word that's connected to the area EXACTLY at Four Corners, where the Temple of Isis is supposedly located in the Grand Canyone....

....Something is up..........
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #27
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMZ
Thanks...

Ok wait a minute....I read that entire thread, and my Bullshit detector went off the chart. I honestly don't think this "Maynard" poster made up the list AT FUCKING ALL.

First he says:

Quote:
Suddenly i had created a song about secret air force bases
There's no such song that eludes to that, it was only mentioned here on TDN when someone said they hoped Laiad Kayenth was about secret air force bases. And then he says: And this is the BIGGEST BULLSHIT I've read in a while:

Quote:
I checked the Enochian Dictionary for Laiad

Kayeth was a word i made up :-) That was my worst ones honestly
This is complete fucking horseshit. First of all, it was Kayenth (he fucking spelled it wrong), and NO FUCKING WAY he coincedentally made up the one word that's connected to the area EXACTLY at Four Corners, where the Temple of Isis is supposedly located in the Grand Canyone....

OFFLINE |  
flipmojo's Avatar flipmojo
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM

This thread is just a big attempt to dredge up some controversy over old news. I could probably spend hours pointing out all the biased things, but why the hell would I want to do that? It has already been done a thousand times already.

Aldaraia is not the name of the new album. Some people just love to create controversy. The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.

Now, if you want to talk about something interesting and less annoying, how about that first single? We should be getting that any day now. Do you think Blair will let everyone know which song it will be, and when it will be played on the radio next week? I sure hope so.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 31

This thread is just a big attempt to dredge up some controversy over old news. I could probably spend hours pointing out all the biased things, but why the hell would I want to do that? It has already been done a thousand times already.

Aldaraia is not the name of the new album. Some people just love to create controversy. The album is called '10,000 Days'. It is coming out May 2nd.

Now, if you want to talk about something interesting and less annoying, how about that first single? We should be getting that any day now. Do you think Blair will let everyone know which song it will be, and when it will be played on the radio next week? I sure hope so.
04/14/1994 Orlando, FL; 03/11/1997 San Antonio, TX; 08/07/1998 Austin, TX; 10/11/2001 Orlando, FL; 08/04/2002 Estero, FL; 08/05/2002 Daytona Beach, FL; 05/31/2007 Orlando; 06/01/07 Sunrise, FL; 06/02/07 Jacksonville, FL
OFFLINE |  
dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:

actually, he said the NAME would leak not the artwork

"03 Mar 06

JUST IN CASE YOU'RE INTERESTED...
The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is. "
Old 03-23-2006, 11:09 PM   #29

Quote:

"03 Mar 06

The artwork for the upcoming Tool album is going to the separators/printers today, therefore it will eventually be leaked out that the name of the album is (drum roll.......) ' 10,000 days '

... so there it is. "
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:

trust me, i know for a fucking FACT that Maynard poster didn't make up the tracklisting to Aladaira, not after what he said about 'Kayenth'.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #30
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

trust me, i know for a fucking FACT that Maynard poster didn't make up the tracklisting to Aladaira, not after what he said about 'Kayenth'.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
yes thats an awesome point.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #31
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
yes thats an awesome point.
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
then find me where the rumor originated
Old 03-23-2006, 11:13 PM   #32
Smokes poutine every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

I think I speak for pretty much everybody on this forum when I say:
SHUT THE HOLY GODDAMN FUCK UP.
If you're going to troll and add absolutely nothing useful to the discussion, while pretending like you know more than anybody else, just fuck yourself. Get the fuck out of my thread.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #33
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmojo

If you're going to troll and add absolutely nothing useful to the discussion, while pretending like you know more than anybody else, just fuck yourself. Get the fuck out of my thread.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Thanks Oce.. you're backing what I originally posted... not specifically about Aldaraia, but I alluded to it several times...

I've ALWAYS thought that Aldaraia was more real than we are all giving it credit for...

Take a good look at my thread, and see if I don't allude to Aldaraia more than once.

I sure hope I get some credit if it turns out I was right. I'll know I'll give props to you Oce. :)
Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #34
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Thanks Oce.. you're backing what I originally posted... not specifically about Aldaraia, but I alluded to it several times...

I've ALWAYS thought that Aldaraia was more real than we are all giving it credit for...

Take a good look at my thread, and see if I don't allude to Aldaraia more than once.

I sure hope I get some credit if it turns out I was right. I'll know I'll give props to you Oce. :)
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM

Quote:

Yeah I dealt with someone similar to this named c h a m p i o n...

Its disheartening isnt it?
Old 03-23-2006, 11:15 PM   #35
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Yeah I dealt with someone similar to this named c h a m p i o n...

Its disheartening isnt it?
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
NoD, where is Retrogression? Fake? Har Har Har.

He made it up.
and it worked

yes it did

There is no aldaraia
there is only 10,000 Days
121+1

Quote:
The rumor originated at the smn boards with that one guy who said he got handed a card by Danny wiht the trax, title, and date. Whether he was lying or "in" on the hoax, one thing I'm certain of is that "Maynard" didn't make it up.

Who knows, the band might even be fucking with Blair too.....
Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #36
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
NoD, where is Retrogression? Fake? Har Har Har.

He made it up.
and it worked

yes it did

There is no aldaraia
there is only 10,000 Days
121+1

Quote:
The rumor originated at the smn boards with that one guy who said he got handed a card by Danny wiht the trax, title, and date. Whether he was lying or "in" on the hoax, one thing I'm certain of is that "Maynard" didn't make it up.

Who knows, the band might even be fucking with Blair too.....
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
Thanks...

First he says:

Dude, you're right... wtf?

Good sleuthing, my friend. Something is definately up with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonence

"03 Mar 06

... so there it is. "
Hmm....

Even so, you'd expect someone working on the printing line to snag on and post it all over the internet, wouldn't you? That was almost a month ago now, and we haven't seen anything that is undeniably the new album art... that just seems weird to me.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #37
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
Thanks...

First he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonence

"03 Mar 06

... so there it is. "
Hmm....

Even so, you'd expect someone working on the printing line to snag on and post it all over the internet, wouldn't you? That was almost a month ago now, and we haven't seen anything that is undeniably the new album art... that just seems weird to me.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM

Look.. Im going to delve into the past a bit and find a thread I ade about Aldaraia and HOW IT PERFECTLY FUCKING MATCHES EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED SO FAR..
Give me 5 minutes.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #38
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Look.. Im going to delve into the past a bit and find a thread I ade about Aldaraia and HOW IT PERFECTLY FUCKING MATCHES EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED SO FAR..
Give me 5 minutes.
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM

maybe there's an 'embargo' on the printing company as well, i mean everything has been secretive so far, it's reasonable to expect the same for the artwork as well
Old 03-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #39
Smokes poutine every day

maybe there's an 'embargo' on the printing company as well, i mean everything has been secretive so far, it's reasonable to expect the same for the artwork as well
OFFLINE |  
dissonance19
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:

Hmm....

yeah, or at least a confirmation that it is the name from some other source outside not connected to the band. but yeah, I agree that's weird.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #40

Quote:

Hmm....

yeah, or at least a confirmation that it is the name from some other source outside not connected to the band. but yeah, I agree that's weird.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply