Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
prove that.
Go look for it if you don't believe me. He posted on SMN that Danny gave him a card, and then over here he admitted it was fake.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #41
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 88
Re: Uhh... you might want to see this guys -

Quote:
prove that.
Go look for it if you don't believe me. He posted on SMN that Danny gave him a card, and then over here he admitted it was fake.
03-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfoot
We knew the number from the Andy King review.
nope, http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.p...hlight=aldaria

look at post 7
Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 PM   #42
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

Quote:
We knew the number from the Andy King review.
nope, http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.p...hlight=aldaria

look at post 7
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Andy King's not even a real person.
just kidding. at this point, I might as well just start flat out lying since its so uncool to speculate when our only evidence to date is piecemeal at best.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #43
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
just kidding. at this point, I might as well just start flat out lying since its so uncool to speculate when our only evidence to date is piecemeal at best.
OFFLINE |  
Goldfoot
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
Yeah, I just remembered that.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #44
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire
Yeah, I just remembered that.
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
It's info from official sources. At least the best thing about this whole debaucle is that the track titles don't affect ANYTHING related to the music except the way you think about it and since we don't have the music, we don't need the track titles.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
It's info from official sources. At least the best thing about this whole debaucle is that the track titles don't affect ANYTHING related to the music except the way you think about it and since we don't have the music, we don't need the track titles.
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Prove that!! :()
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #46
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Bincount™: 362

Quote:
Prove that!! :()
"DECEMBERUNDERGROUND is a time and a place. It is where the cold can huddle together in darkness and isolation. It is a community of those detached and disillusioned who flee to love, like winter, in the recesses below the rest of the world."
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM

Quote:
official sources, might I add, that have lied to you in the past.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
toology514's Avatar toology514
03-23-2006, 04:36 PM

fake.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 59

fake.
OFFLINE |  
One Dark Flame's Avatar One Dark Flame
03-23-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
And How long did those "lies" last??
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #49
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Ertai's Avatar Ertai
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM

well we all know that danny wouldnt just hand our a card with the information on it to someone....its contradicts the idea of them wanting to keep it a secert
Old 03-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #50
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107

well we all know that danny wouldnt just hand our a card with the information on it to someone....its contradicts the idea of them wanting to keep it a secert
03-23-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Aenema11
Well, how close were they to 4/1/year? And how close did Tool release an album to said date?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:44 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Well, how close were they to 4/1/year? And how close did Tool release an album to said date?
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai
Do we? You know Danny personally?
Old 03-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai
Do we? You know Danny personally?
OFFLINE |  
mike tyson's Avatar mike tyson
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM

Not reading shit, that CD looks cool.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:45 PM   #53
$2 + a potato = $2

Bincount™: 7267

Not reading shit, that CD looks cool.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Look man you have to understand that this has become to detailed to be a hoax anymore, way too much thought and effort has been put into it just because we have this much free time on our hands does not mean that the band members do. Also I don't understand where you're going with your follow up question.
-DXH

Last edited by One Dark Flame; 03-23-2006 at 04:51 PM..
Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 PM   #54
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Look man you have to understand that this has become to detailed to be a hoax anymore, way too much thought and effort has been put into it just because we have this much free time on our hands does not mean that the band members do. Also I don't understand where you're going with your follow up question.
-DXH

Last edited by One Dark Flame; 03-23-2006 at 04:51 PM..
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 04:50 PM

The whole Aldaraia situation was pretty strange though....

The best April Fool's joke would be for Blair to announce on April 1st that the band had got a look at the Aldaraia name and tracklisting and liked them so much they decided to use them. You wouldn't know if the album would really be called Aldaraia and the joke was the means on how they settled for the name, or they were just fucking with the fans and the title would still be 10,000 days. Mind fuck a'hoy
Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #55
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

The whole Aldaraia situation was pretty strange though....

The best April Fool's joke would be for Blair to announce on April 1st that the band had got a look at the Aldaraia name and tracklisting and liked them so much they decided to use them. You wouldn't know if the album would really be called Aldaraia and the joke was the means on how they settled for the name, or they were just fucking with the fans and the title would still be 10,000 days. Mind fuck a'hoy
OFFLINE |  
chonus's Avatar chonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentonmantra
and people complain about my posts, seriously.....

Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4

Quote:

OFFLINE |  

Quote:
And also did you edit this post at some point?? Cause I was almost positive it said something about "tp" before.
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #57
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
And also did you edit this post at some point?? Cause I was almost positive it said something about "tp" before.
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
NoD
03-23-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
or it really could by a hoax and they are just demonstrating how people can be easily fooled by one source when you spread the word to different news organizations. A kind of play on the current power structure of the western world.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:52 PM   #58
NoD
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1239

Quote:
or it really could by a hoax and they are just demonstrating how people can be easily fooled by one source when you spread the word to different news organizations. A kind of play on the current power structure of the western world.
OFFLINE |  
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
03-23-2006, 04:53 PM

I'm believing in the worst, so that when the worst comes, I believed in it
when the best comes, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

and by worst I mean 10,000 days and "The Pot."
Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

03-23-2006, 04:54 PM

Here's a crazy idea. Before I get into it, no one should waste their time telling me how stupid and incredibly unlikely it is, because I agree. But I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. I'm really not a fan of these kinds of conspiracy theories so please know that I am gritting my teeth and forcing my self to type this. It hurts. Bad.

What if Danny did indeed give this guy a card w/ the actual album name (i.e. Aldaraia) and tracklist in an attempt to purposefully keep anyone from believing it. Everyone would think it was fake (even though a few internet "news" sources posted it). They would then later claim a fake name (10,000 Days) to be real and even go through the trouble of creating fake album art and logos as well (not that either would require an immense amount of work... a flipped grey scale isn't too hard to do).

Maybe the next step is they'll say on April 1st that Aldaraia was real all along... :)

See how crazy it sounds? On the other hand, everyone knows that Tool has always been about giving a big "Fuck You" to the media and such. Maybe they actually would go through all the trouble to do so. You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if they did.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

Here's a crazy idea. Before I get into it, no one should waste their time telling me how stupid and incredibly unlikely it is, because I agree. But I'm gonna throw it out there anyway. I'm really not a fan of these kinds of conspiracy theories so please know that I am gritting my teeth and forcing my self to type this. It hurts. Bad.

What if Danny did indeed give this guy a card w/ the actual album name (i.e. Aldaraia) and tracklist in an attempt to purposefully keep anyone from believing it. Everyone would think it was fake (even though a few internet "news" sources posted it). They would then later claim a fake name (10,000 Days) to be real and even go through the trouble of creating fake album art and logos as well (not that either would require an immense amount of work... a flipped grey scale isn't too hard to do).

Maybe the next step is they'll say on April 1st that Aldaraia was real all along... :)

See how crazy it sounds? On the other hand, everyone knows that Tool has always been about giving a big "Fuck You" to the media and such. Maybe they actually would go through all the trouble to do so. You gotta admit... it would be funny as hell if they did.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
I was just about to say the same thing, considering most of the momentum has been the result of us projecting meaning unto ambiguity
Old 03-23-2006, 04:54 PM   #61
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
I was just about to say the same thing, considering most of the momentum has been the result of us projecting meaning unto ambiguity
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
That is a good point. But if I remember correctly weren't two of the track titles featured in a magazine article??
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #62
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoD
That is a good point. But if I remember correctly weren't two of the track titles featured in a magazine article??
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI

Agree.
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:55 PM   #63
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:

Agree.
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
03-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Rosetta Stoned and the title track I believe.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #64
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
03-23-2006, 04:57 PM

to date, I seriously dont think a ton of work has been done to convince us that this is real. Every source aside from toolband is getting their info from a pool of rumors or toolband itself, which notoriously has fucked with every media outlet in the past.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:57 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

to date, I seriously dont think a ton of work has been done to convince us that this is real. Every source aside from toolband is getting their info from a pool of rumors or toolband itself, which notoriously has fucked with every media outlet in the past.
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I believe you are correct, do you happen to know what magazine that was??
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 04:58 PM   #66
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
sambarugh's Avatar sambarugh
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM

Would be nice if this was true, makes more sense with that image being related to the DVD too as it's similar to Lateralus and the tour was for Lateralus.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #67
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

Would be nice if this was true, makes more sense with that image being related to the DVD too as it's similar to Lateralus and the tour was for Lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I think it was some German magazine the band probably didnt give a fuck about lying to just to perpetuate the rumors
Old 03-23-2006, 05:00 PM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I think it was some German magazine the band probably didnt give a fuck about lying to just to perpetuate the rumors
OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambarugh
Good point...damn I don't know what's going on!!
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 05:01 PM   #69
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambarugh
Good point...damn I don't know what's going on!!
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Waldo Geraldo Faldo's Avatar Waldo Geraldo Faldo
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM

Attention D Bags:

The new CD will resemble this:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8035/untitled7ue.jpg
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 11

Attention D Bags:

OFFLINE |  
bbunt302
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM

EDIT: I was wrong it was Rock Sound.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

EDIT: I was wrong it was Rock Sound.
OFFLINE |  
orange.juice's Avatar orange.juice
03-23-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
F U

twas a brit magazine called rock'edit'sound.

Last edited by orange.juice; 03-23-2006 at 05:06 PM..
Old 03-23-2006, 05:03 PM   #72
Banned.

Bincount™: 932

Quote:
F U

twas a brit magazine called rock'edit'sound.

Last edited by orange.juice; 03-23-2006 at 05:06 PM..
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 05:04 PM

hahaha. ok. better yet.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

hahaha. ok. better yet.
OFFLINE |  
tentonmantra's Avatar tentonmantra
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM

LMAO

oh, may 2nd come quick please..... release us form this suffering....
Old 03-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #74
On Probation

Bincount™: 17

LMAO

OFFLINE |  
03-23-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
You understand why it's hard to believe all this through?? Honestly I am not trying to discredit you or take away your hopes for the new album, at first and still now I want to believe some of this stuff but it's just not plausible anymore, everyone thinks they know what's gonna happen on April 1st but I doubt they do because its become too predictable at this point.
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 05:12 PM   #75
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
You understand why it's hard to believe all this through?? Honestly I am not trying to discredit you or take away your hopes for the new album, at first and still now I want to believe some of this stuff but it's just not plausible anymore, everyone thinks they know what's gonna happen on April 1st but I doubt they do because its become too predictable at this point.
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
LMAO

if we aren't believing the tracklistings and title, what reason do we have to believe the release date?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #76
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
LMAO

if we aren't believing the tracklistings and title, what reason do we have to believe the release date?
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Please don't say that, I've been wondering the same thing through.
-DXH
Old 03-23-2006, 05:17 PM   #77
Formerly Tool Aenema11

Quote:
Please don't say that, I've been wondering the same thing through.
-DXH
OFFLINE |  
Ganjalf's Avatar Ganjalf
03-23-2006, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Geraldo Faldo
Attention D Bags:

im going to have to agree
Old 03-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #78
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Geraldo Faldo
Attention D Bags:

im going to have to agree
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM

Quote:
hey, I am NOT one of the cuckos that don´t believe all that´s being said by the band... as we joke here "include me OUT of that".
Old 03-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #79
On Probation

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
hey, I am NOT one of the cuckos that don´t believe all that´s being said by the band... as we joke here "include me OUT of that".
OFFLINE |  
Bassmingo's Avatar Bassmingo
03-23-2006, 05:23 PM

I like that cd artwork. If they were to release a live dvd along with the album i, for one, would be very happy. But like i've said before i'm not believing anything until the album is blasting out of my stereo, and even then i wont believe how good it is.
Ben Affleck was really good in that movie.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #80
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I like that cd artwork. If they were to release a live dvd along with the album i, for one, would be very happy. But like i've said before i'm not believing anything until the album is blasting out of my stereo, and even then i wont believe how good it is.
Ben Affleck was really good in that movie.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply