Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pki2003
myriad dium = 10,000 day

Latin is probly to common though.
"Myriaddium"....

Hmmm, it does roll off the tongue in that toolish sense
Old 03-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37
Re: Myriad

Quote:
myriad dium = 10,000 day

"Myriaddium"....

Hmmm, it does roll off the tongue in that toolish sense
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
myriad dium = 10,000 day

Just so you know, "dium" does not mean "day" in Latin, and "myriad" is of Greek origin.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #82
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
myriad dium = 10,000 day

Just so you know, "dium" does not mean "day" in Latin, and "myriad" is of Greek origin.
OFFLINE |  
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
what would you expect it to mean other than myriad or myriad days?
I don't think Finnish is a latin-based language, is it? Looking at it, I don't see anything even remotely familiar... so no, I wouldn't expect it to translate into something obvious like that. Maybe I'm wrong...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #83
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Quote:
what would you expect it to mean other than myriad or myriad days?
I don't think Finnish is a latin-based language, is it? Looking at it, I don't see anything even remotely familiar... so no, I wouldn't expect it to translate into something obvious like that. Maybe I'm wrong...
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199
What made you think it was finnish to begin with? Just curious.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #84
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima
Then what is 'day' in latin? Or greek, for that matter.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #85
On Probation

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA

Quote:
Finnish is non-Indo-European, and unrelated to any other language spoken today.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #86
STA
Banned.

Quote:
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Diem is day in latin. Not Dium.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #87
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
When you put it into Google, the websites that come up end in .fi, which is the Finland thing. Also, there are some programs that tell you the probability of what language you're imputting is... Some of them said Finnish.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #88
On Probation

Quote:
When you put it into Google, the websites that come up end in .fi, which is the Finland thing. Also, there are some programs that tell you the probability of what language you're imputting is... Some of them said Finnish.
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag

Quote:
I got that too, but I think thats just a crappy translator. Most of the other ones I found returned a 'no match found'.
the actual word for myriad in finnish is "myriadi", but a form of that word is "myriadia"

most translators do not handle alternative word forms, so that explains most not finding a result
Old 03-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #89
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
I got that too, but I think thats just a crappy translator. Most of the other ones I found returned a 'no match found'.
the actual word for myriad in finnish is "myriadi", but a form of that word is "myriadia"

most translators do not handle alternative word forms, so that explains most not finding a result
03-17-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Exactly, thats why I would be surprised if it had anything to do with the word 'myriad'.

Quote:
So Myriadiem or Myriaddiem? Doesn't look too bad... rolls off the tongue pretty nicely.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:50 PM   #90
On Probation

Quote:
Exactly, thats why I would be surprised if it had anything to do with the word 'myriad'.

Quote:
So Myriadiem or Myriaddiem? Doesn't look too bad... rolls off the tongue pretty nicely.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:

Oh.

Its still a cool name for the album. Even if it really is "10,000 Days", I could still call it Myriadia or Myriadiem and be right.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:51 PM   #91
On Probation

Quote:

Oh.

Its still a cool name for the album. Even if it really is "10,000 Days", I could still call it Myriadia or Myriadiem and be right.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Okay before we lose sight... Lets organize everything we have accumlated thus far in this thread. Give me about 5 minutes and I'll list it.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #92
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Okay before we lose sight... Lets organize everything we have accumlated thus far in this thread. Give me about 5 minutes and I'll list it.
03-17-2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Oh.

remember, I introduced the term "myriadia", so you shouldn't really look to deeply into it.

EDIT: and zenkinet gets half credit for saying "myradian"
Old 03-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #93
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
Oh.

remember, I introduced the term "myriadia", so you shouldn't really look to deeply into it.

03-17-2006, 07:54 PM

He mentions the word Myriad, now I don't know if and of you realized this, but that means Ten Thousand in Archaic.

Inside which appears a holy man-fish whose face is ensphered by a radiant gloriole.
Arrayed in myriad tinted reflections, I behold the majesty of its gestures,

TOOL NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2004... About a trip.. to .. Iceland...

What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

Feb Newsletter....
Old 03-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #94
Level 9 - Obstreperous

He mentions the word Myriad, now I don't know if and of you realized this, but that means Ten Thousand in Archaic.

Inside which appears a holy man-fish whose face is ensphered by a radiant gloriole.
Arrayed in myriad tinted reflections, I behold the majesty of its gestures,

TOOL NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2004... About a trip.. to .. Iceland...

What had happened is that, after the message indicator spelled out ********, the planchette then moved very quickly across the board and actually bumped into the leg of one of the sitters. This was Srr. (technikrym omitted). What makes this particularly remarkable (in light of this new track listing) is that the Soror's first initial is M.

Feb Newsletter....
03-17-2006, 07:55 PM

TOOL:
BACK TO THE DRY-ERASE MESSAGE BOARD

Having returned from their holiday cheer to the dystopia that is much of Hollywood, at precisely 12:06 (when Danny arrived) on Thursday, January 6th, 2005 e.v., the members of TOOL gathered at the rehearsal space to resume writing and arranging the music for their next record. Although I'm not going to pay them a visit until tomorrow (after all, they're probably a little rusty - and there's nothing worse than a Daedalian-complex train wreck), while gazing into Danny's psychomantium (after fixing a faulty float connected with its make-shift pump), I was able to discern in its dark surface certain new additions to the arsenal designed to pierce the aethyrs.

"Don't panic" I told myself, Maynard doesn't have internet access or get good cell reception in that submarine-craft of his on the ocean sea-bed, so he probably doesn't even know about the blurb. Still we've got to keep this thing quiet - that is if you want the new Tool record to proceed according to schedule. Even you readers... yes YOU, Tool Collective members with your damn message board and chats (which, fortunately, are probably down), keep your lips sealed. In fact, if you have to discus this with your TA friends, it might be prudent to discreetly tap their shoes with yours using Morse code. Just tap out something like 34D243334D117 and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #95
Level 9 - Obstreperous

TOOL:
BACK TO THE DRY-ERASE MESSAGE BOARD

Having returned from their holiday cheer to the dystopia that is much of Hollywood, at precisely 12:06 (when Danny arrived) on Thursday, January 6th, 2005 e.v., the members of TOOL gathered at the rehearsal space to resume writing and arranging the music for their next record. Although I'm not going to pay them a visit until tomorrow (after all, they're probably a little rusty - and there's nothing worse than a Daedalian-complex train wreck), while gazing into Danny's psychomantium (after fixing a faulty float connected with its make-shift pump), I was able to discern in its dark surface certain new additions to the arsenal designed to pierce the aethyrs.

"Don't panic" I told myself, Maynard doesn't have internet access or get good cell reception in that submarine-craft of his on the ocean sea-bed, so he probably doesn't even know about the blurb. Still we've got to keep this thing quiet - that is if you want the new Tool record to proceed according to schedule. Even you readers... yes YOU, Tool Collective members with your damn message board and chats (which, fortunately, are probably down), keep your lips sealed. In fact, if you have to discus this with your TA friends, it might be prudent to discreetly tap their shoes with yours using Morse code. Just tap out something like 34D243334D117 and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

Quote:

I'm the one who started asking for alternate words for 'day', and you came up with that. What language is 'dia', anyway?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #96
On Probation

Quote:

I'm the one who started asking for alternate words for 'day', and you came up with that. What language is 'dia', anyway?
OFFLINE |  
ATARI's Avatar ATARI

Quote:
read the first page
Old 03-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #97
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297

Quote:
read the first page

Okay thats everything...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:55 PM   #98
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Okay thats everything...
03-17-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:

The thing is, you're combining a Greek-based word for "countless" (or "ten thousand") with the Latin word for "day". Also, the nominative plural of "days" in Latin is "dies", not "diem".
Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #99
STA
Banned.

Quote:

The thing is, you're combining a Greek-based word for "countless" (or "ten thousand") with the Latin word for "day". Also, the nominative plural of "days" in Latin is "dies", not "diem".
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
read the first page
Nono... I'm listing all of the evidence throughout the thread. I am just pulling quotes from threads that have made valid refernces to blairs comments and myriad
Old 03-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #100
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
read the first page
Nono... I'm listing all of the evidence throughout the thread. I am just pulling quotes from threads that have made valid refernces to blairs comments and myriad
03-17-2006, 07:57 PM

Because of that little thing Blair said about the "M..." word, which very well could have been refering to the album title, it probably will have something to do with Myriad.

Myriadiem fits into those asterisks in that last Blair post, too.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #101
On Probation

Because of that little thing Blair said about the "M..." word, which very well could have been refering to the album title, it probably will have something to do with Myriad.

OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
So whats the Greek word for 'day'?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #102
On Probation

Quote:
So whats the Greek word for 'day'?
OFFLINE |  
Systolic

Quote:

Yeah it does.

I am now officially convinced that 10,000 Days is a hoax.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #103
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

Yeah it does.

I am now officially convinced that 10,000 Days is a hoax.

Quote:
Yeah, I know. We established that myriad is Greek, and I mispelled diem (which is Latin). It would be possible, all be it unlikely, that early Greeks/Romans would place both of them together. But in the context of this post they where asking for something that would go along with days and I thought dia/diem. But I think latin is "too easy".
Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #104
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Yeah, I know. We established that myriad is Greek, and I mispelled diem (which is Latin). It would be possible, all be it unlikely, that early Greeks/Romans would place both of them together. But in the context of this post they where asking for something that would go along with days and I thought dia/diem. But I think latin is "too easy".
Clutch it like an AEnima's Avatar Clutch it like an AEnima
03-17-2006, 07:59 PM

you guys may have stumbeld across something
Old 03-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #105
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 14

you guys may have stumbeld across something
03-17-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah... Viginti Tres, anyone?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:59 PM   #106
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

03-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Good point.

I'm trying to figure out how the rest of the tracklisting fits in with any of this...

Jambi is a province of Indonesia. How about that.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #107
On Probation

Quote:
Good point.

I'm trying to figure out how the rest of the tracklisting fits in with any of this...

Jambi is a province of Indonesia. How about that.
OFFLINE |  
grizz441's Avatar grizz441
03-17-2006, 08:08 PM

Isnt it possible that the tracks are legit and the title is "Myriadiem"?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #108
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Isnt it possible that the tracks are legit and the title is "Myriadiem"?
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:09 PM

I suppose its possible. Although... if '10,000 Days' isn't real, the tracklisting prolly isn't either.

Maybe the tracklisting is "Myriadiem".... like, different words in place of whats there, so they don't sound stupid.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:09 PM   #109
On Probation

I suppose its possible. Although... if '10,000 Days' isn't real, the tracklisting prolly isn't either.

Maybe the tracklisting is "Myriadiem".... like, different words in place of whats there, so they don't sound stupid.
OFFLINE |  
grizz441's Avatar grizz441
03-17-2006, 08:10 PM

But aren't we speculating that 10,000 Days is real but is just in a different form?
Old 03-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #110
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

But aren't we speculating that 10,000 Days is real but is just in a different form?
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 08:11 PM

Hense the second part of my last post. Maybe the track titles follow the same type of formula. That would be quite clever...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:11 PM   #111
On Probation

Hense the second part of my last post. Maybe the track titles follow the same type of formula. That would be quite clever...
OFFLINE |  
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-17-2006, 08:12 PM

just throwing in some points -

there was that image of maynard in... asia (?) [JAMBI OMG?!] a while ago leaning against that statue, and blair updated toolband that one time saying "coming soon" and linked this image below it. it was included in the following newsletter, but it could still have some relevance...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:12 PM   #112
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

there was that image of maynard in... asia (?) [JAMBI OMG?!] a while ago leaning against that statue, and blair updated toolband that one time saying "coming soon" and linked this image below it. it was included in the following newsletter, but it could still have some relevance...
03-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Jambi is in Indonesia. I don't know where Indonesia is (I'm seirous).

I'd forgotten about that stone thing... sort of resembles one of the fake album art things.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #113
On Probation

Jambi is in Indonesia. I don't know where Indonesia is (I'm seirous).

I'd forgotten about that stone thing... sort of resembles one of the fake album art things.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

Can you link to the page with the image of nard on it? I have an idea...
Old 03-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #114
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

03-17-2006, 08:15 PM

yeah but maybe he was in jambi and we thought it was asia. probably not though.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:15 PM   #115
Level 9 - Obstreperous

yeah but maybe he was in jambi and we thought it was asia. probably not though.
03-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Indonesia is either a part of Asia or right under it. Its inbetween China and Australia, on a bunch of islands.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:16 PM   #116
On Probation

Indonesia is either a part of Asia or right under it. Its inbetween China and Australia, on a bunch of islands.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Its part of asia. I know for a fact it is.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #117
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Its part of asia. I know for a fact it is.
03-17-2006, 08:17 PM

Quote:
it was up at maynardjameskeenan.com wasn't it? i checked archive.org but it isn't listed.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #118
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
it was up at maynardjameskeenan.com wasn't it? i checked archive.org but it isn't listed.
03-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #119
Level 9 - Obstreperous

03-17-2006, 08:18 PM

Quote:
THat would be incredibly clever and would be nearly impossible to decipher. I guess Blair would enjoy telling us the REAL title and tracklists and then claim he never really was lying since all the words were just in a different form
Old 03-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #120
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
THat would be incredibly clever and would be nearly impossible to decipher. I guess Blair would enjoy telling us the REAL title and tracklists and then claim he never really was lying since all the words were just in a different form
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply